**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

23 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Sad news today. 😢

Sad timing as well when they were about to have a celebration of that play in the Steelers game at the weekend, and a new "A Football Life" on Harris about to be released by the NFL.

It's almost as tragic today that Broncos Super Bowl winning RB, Ronnie Hillman, died of cancer at only 31.

• Replies 33.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

8 hours ago, 151 said:

Youtube TV to broadcast NFL games from next year.

65 a month plus an additional fee :wow:

I knew their old DirectTV deal in the States was expensive to watch all games, so YouTube continuing to fleece them! We're lucky we've got Gamepass to stream all games

at half that price a month! I know some guys in the US that use a VPN to sign up to Gamepass because it's so much cheaper than their option.

I see your Bengals are now in the playoffs too, following the Jets loss last night.

7 hours ago, PortyJambo said:

I knew their old DirectTV deal in the States was expensive to watch all games, so YouTube continuing to fleece them! We're lucky we've got Gamepass to stream all games

at half that price a month! I know some guys in the US that use a VPN to sign up to Gamepass because it's so much cheaper than their option.

I see your Bengals are now in the playoffs too, following the Jets loss last night.

Yip. Hopefully we can take the division though.

12 hours ago, 151 said:

Yip. Hopefully we can take the division though.

Mon the Ravens! 

:whistling:

Malinga the Swinga

Heinicke fails to get 1st down by shitting himself on a qb sneak. Failed to get about 4 inches by 2 of them.

Riviera, Heinicke and Snyder want to **** off from Washington and never be seen again.

Shit fed up watching them blow chance after chance with Heinicke failing to find receiver after receiver when they're open.

Riviera's coaching is pathetic and getting worse. Couldn't call a play for school team, never mind a pro team.

Edited by Malinga the Swinga

luckyBatistuta
11 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Chase Young is back. :robboyas:

Giants lose :yas: 

Seattle lose :rudiyas:

5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Washington D must be sick of the O.

Squeaky bum time 😁

Mon the Lions

68EAFBC6-3633-4380-A2C4-B86F5778EDFF.gif

30 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Squeaky bum time 😁

Mon the Lions

68EAFBC6-3633-4380-A2C4-B86F5778EDFF.gif

Their bottle went yesterday.

Merry Christmas 🎄

luckyBatistuta
8 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Their bottle went yesterday.

Merry Christmas 🎄

Can still do it unlike my bunch of useless twats

Merry Christmas buddy😊👍

🎄🎅🏻🎁 

22 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Tua back into concussion protocol.

Apparently the NFLPA are investigating the Dolphins for their concussion protocol again, and media types are calling for him to retire "for his own good".

With the number of other players that have multiple concussions in a season and miss time, or get concussions and are miraculously cleared to play 24 hours later, why are the Dolphins and Tua singled out for this attention every time? Yes, the concussion against the Bengals looked bad, but the two-faced nature of the scrutiny the Dolphins get on this is a joke.

I know concussions are serious and they should be treated seriously, and can admit I'm biased as a Dolphins fan, but when I see the way other teams and players don't get the same spotlight on them, it seems a different standard applies to Miami.

4 minutes ago, PortyJambo said:

Apparently the NFLPA are investigating the Dolphins for their concussion protocol again, and media types are calling for him to retire "for his own good".

With the number of other players that have multiple concussions in a season and miss time, or get concussions and are miraculously cleared to play 24 hours later, why are the Dolphins and Tua singled out for this attention every time? Yes, the concussion against the Bengals looked bad, but the two-faced nature of the scrutiny the Dolphins get on this is a joke.

I know concussions are serious and they should be treated seriously, and can admit I'm biased as a Dolphins fan, but when I see the way other teams and players don't get the same spotlight on them, it seems a different standard applies to Miami.

And not to forget Bridgewater getting pulled from the Jets game by a spotter in the stands for a "stagger" that there was no video evidence of! It all stinks IMO.

It's hard not to buy into the conspiracy theory that the Dolphins are continuing to get punished by the NFL for Ross' tampering with Brady/Peyton.

Edited by PortyJambo

2 hours ago, 151 said:

Concussion or no concussion, the Dolphins would be a scary team without him. A good QB away from really challenging I think.

There a few teams in the same boat. Washington, New England, Dallas would be unstoppable with someone like Josh Allen instead of Dak Prescott. The biggest reason the Vikings won't ever win the  Superbowl is Cousins. And Tampa need to bin the old has been.

6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

There a few teams in the same boat. Washington, New England, Dallas would be unstoppable with someone like Josh Allen instead of Dak Prescott. The biggest reason the Vikings won't ever win the  Superbowl is Cousins. And Tampa need to bin the old has been.

Yip, I must admit that is one of the main reasons I got sucked in to the NFL was the importance of everyones' role - you just cannot shy away the way you can in some other team sports. And none more so than the QB. 

5 minutes ago, 151 said:

Yip, I must admit that is one of the main reasons I got sucked in to the NFL was the importance of everyones' role - you just cannot shy away the way you can in some other team sports. And none more so than the QB. 

Bengals looking good now. Some game coming up against the Bills. :vrwow:

28 minutes ago, 151 said:

Yeah, one of the reasons I love the game too. If you have a weakness in your team, NFL coaches will find a way to exploit it. Chess on grass as has been said many times.

9 hours ago, 151 said:

Concussion or no concussion, the Dolphins would be a scary team without him. A good QB away from really challenging I think.

The Dolphins need a new defensive coordinator next season. They have too much talent on that side of the ball (Wilkins, Phillips, Chubb, Howard, Holland to name a few) to be sitting almost dead last in all defensive categories.

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Washington better be phoning Carr, as we speak.

Really?

Guy's awful. Did you watch the Raiders last game/highlights :lol:

Awful is being very complimentary.

2 hours ago, 151 said:

Really?

Guy's awful. Did you watch the Raiders last game/highlights :lol:

Awful is being very complimentary.

Have you seen our QBs, awful is an upgrade. :)

I blame the Raiders coaching staff .

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Have you seen our QBs, awful is an upgrade. :)

I blame the Raiders coaching staff .

Suppose so. Wentz, Heinicke, who else have you got? 

Amazon won't be happy with their TNF game tonight, Cowboys and Titans. All the hallmarks of a potentially good game any other week of this season, but now the game means nothing to the Titans. Whatever the result is, their whole season hangs on next weeks winner takes all game against the Jaguars. So they're going to take the opportunity to rest any player that has the slightest niggle, or key players they don't want to risk losing for next week, and sit them. They've already ruled out Henry and another 8 players.

Should be a cakewalk for the Cowboys basically. 

21 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Personally think he’s a slightly above average QB, so would be a significant upgrade for you guys. Sounds like he is open to a trade to a suitable team. 

It seems Brady is the favourite to be Raiders starting QB next year. Not sure how I would feel about that on a number of levels. 

Being a Raiders fan is pretty torturous. 

I think Carr has Indy written all over him.

11 hours ago, 151 said:

Not sure if true, but just seen this.

What a guy.

FB_IMG_1672419642870.jpg

Seriously. Wait til he plays 18 years and then tell us how good he is.

7 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Seriously. Wait til he plays 18 years and then tell us how good he is.

Not that I think it’ll be the case with Burrow but how many times have we seen young QBs come flying out the traps then fade away? 

20 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Please god no😭

On second thought, Indy might have had enough of picking up QB’s and might look to the draft this time.

Still, given the right environment, Carr would certainly do a job.

38 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Not that I think it’ll be the case with Burrow but how many times have we seen young QBs come flying out the traps then fade away? 

The lad is brilliant. But it only takes an injury and it's lights out. RG3 is a very good example.

Edited by ri Alban

luckyBatistuta
45 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

On second thought, Indy might have had enough of picking up QB’s and might look to the draft this time.

Still, given the right environment, Carr would certainly do a job.

Just so tired of stumbling from one failed QB to the next. Colts will continue to do nothing with Carr, he is 100% not the answer.

10 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Theme of the game clear already. Dolphins going to keep screwing it with penalties.

Again