**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

There used to be (still may be) a league on Pie and Bovril that had a football (soccer) set up.

There was a Premier League, Championship etc with promotion and relegation. Essentially whoever finished bottom would be relegated and whoever won the Championship playoff was promoted.

If we could get another 8 players and have two divisions of 10, we could easily do something like that. Would be pretty decent I think.

• Replies 33.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

5 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Take a bow Kinetic. Dunno if all of that is right but I'm not even going to bother checking :lol:

Oh there are probably a ton of mistakes in there. Rushed through it in 20 mins haha. 

Be interesting to see where people stand on this one...

Fantasy Football - When you are out of the running for the playoffs, should you be adding free agents to your team?

Personally I think it's pretty shite behaviour. Unless your team has injuries meaning you can't put a team together then you should stay clear.

(A situation from another league, not the KickbackBowl).

1 minute ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Fantasy Football - When you are out of the running for the playoffs, should you be adding free agents to your team?

Personally I think it's pretty shite behaviour. Unless your team has injuries meaning you can't put a team together then you should stay clear.

If it’s a non-Dynasty League, can’t really see why anyone would spend much time trawling the waiver wire. But nothing wrong with it, as personally I would want every team trying their best throughout the season. 

luckyBatistuta
16 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

If they're in the league playing for the duration whether they're out of contention or not, so if they are allowed to, then they can. Personally, if I was out of playoff contention, then I wouldn't be doing it myself. Before you posted this I had already had a look back to see if SlaytheAnsah was still in the running, as he took Ricky Seals-Jones, who I also tried to pick up on the waiver wire. The fact I did that, pretty much says how I feel about it I suppose.

Also tried to pick him up in the Dynasty, but SlaytheAnsah got him in that too :sad3:

Well im in dire need of QBs  (it seems like some of you have plenty of them, some would say too many) Hence why I tried to get Gabbert.

Is it possible to see if others are in for the same guys as you are? 

3 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

If they're in the league playing for the duration whether they're out of contention or not, so if they are allowed to, then they can. Personally, if I was out of playoff contention, then I wouldn't be doing it myself. Before you posted this I had already had a look back to see if SlaytheAnsah was still in the running, as he took Ricky Seals-Jones, who I also tried to pick up on the waiver wire. The fact I did that, pretty much says how I feel about it I suppose.

Also tried to pick him up in the Dynasty, but SlaytheAnsah got him in that too :sad3:

I just think it’s a bit of a poor move tbh. The guy spent his entire season budget on 3 guys...one of which I wanted obviously :lol:

1 hour ago, BigCGilmour said:

Well im in dire need of QBs  (it seems like some of you have plenty of them, some would say too many) Hence why I tried to get Gabbert.

Is it possible to see if others are in for the same guys as you are? 

There’s a limit of 4 per squad.

I got Gabbert purely for the remainder of this season, he’ll likely be for the chop come cut time.

It shows how effective the 2QB system is in making the position relative.

I lost 2 QB’s through injury in a redraft league and I’ve just played the waiver wire each week since and I’m sat top of the league and ranked #1.

Edited by hmfc_liam06

6 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Not a chance I would have an issue with that. Shouldn't people be allowed to participate fully for the whole season? If that person was playing against one of your playoff rivals then would you not want them to keep on trying? 

In a redraft league I maybe see where the issue is but in a Dynasty I don't see the problem as you still should be trying to improve your team for the next season. 

31 minutes ago, KineticBeat said:

In a redraft league I maybe see where the issue is but in a Dynasty I don't see the problem as you still should be trying to improve your team for the next season. 

I agree with this, looking at next year is a key part of this... some of us poor teams could probably make some decent trades... 

now who wants Ertz ? 

1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

Not a chance I would have an issue with that. Shouldn't people be allowed to participate fully for the whole season? If that person was playing against one of your playoff rivals then would you not want them to keep on trying? 

Never mind allowed, they should be required to! Very annoying when teams start tanking without penalty.

As I said, if it’s a redraft league, surprised anyone can be arsed, but have no issue with it. If it’s a Dynasty, absolutely no ****ing idea how anyone could complain about it. 

Orginal Kickback Dynasty used to have a consolation bowl, for which an extra first rounder was the prize. I liked that as it kept interest going. Unsure if we are doing that this year. Perhaps doesn’t work as well in the smaller league. 

luckyBatistuta

I've still been thinking about this and if folk are out early and not taking part, they may lose interest and not take part next season. Dynasty obviously your building for next season still, so everything is fine with that. In the other, I know I wouldn't be happy to lose out on a player and it possibly cost me a playoff place, but if they've saved their budget, then they are entitled to use it. I would like to see them carry on as normal, so they aren't going to give anybody an easy pass into the playoffs. I still don't think I'd do it myself though, but don't have a problem with anyone else doing it. Trades though, is a definite no.

5 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I've still been thinking about this and if folk are out early and not taking part, they may lose interest and not take part next season. Dynasty obviously your building for next season still, so everything is fine with that. In the other, I know I wouldn't be happy to lose out on a player and it possibly cost me a playoff place, but if they've saved their budget, then they are entitled to use it. I would like to see them carry on as normal, so they aren't going to give anybody an easy pass into the playoffs. I still don't think I'd do it myself though, but don't have a problem with anyone else doing it. Trades though, is a definite no.

If it’s a Dynasty League, I can see an argument for allowing trades anytime, although think there should be a deadline before playoffs. 

In a redraft, there has to be a trade deadline. Interest will naturally die for some teams during the season.

For waivers, any time in Dynasty (apart from drafting period), and any time for teams with remaining games in a redraft League, I reckon. 

18 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

The thing is there is one week left and he plays a team who are also already out of it.

I’m already in the playoffs too so not getting the player isn’t really a big deal to me personally.

I get the point that it may have playoff implications but in this case it doesn’t. Doesn’t sit right with me at all.

Edited by hmfc_liam06

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, Peebo said:

If it’s a Dynasty League, I can see an argument for allowing trades anytime, although think there should be a deadline before playoffs. 

In a redraft, there has to be a trade deadline. Interest will naturally die for some teams during the season.

For waivers, any time in Dynasty (apart from drafting period), and any time for teams with remaining games in a redraft League, I reckon. 

In the Dynasty,

If someone who is in and loaded with RB's, but needs a QB, WR (maybe due to injuries etc) or even both.

Your loaded with both of these and they offer you, say LeVeon Bell for someone, or a couple on your roster.

Are you going to turn a great offer down, which will strengthen you greatly going forward in to the next season, or turn it down because you might upset someone in the league.

In the Dynasty, you should definitely take what strengthens your squad, as it's a continually running tournament and shouldn't matter what time of season it is. 

Your always building for the future.

Just now, luckyBatistuta said:

In the Dynasty,

If someone who is in and loaded with RB's, but needs a QB, WR (maybe due to injuries etc) or even both.

Your loaded with both of these and they offer you, say LeVeon Bell for someone, or a couple on your roster.

Are you going to turn a great offer down, which will strengthen you greatly going forward in to the next season, or turn it down because you might upset someone in the league.

In the Dynasty, you should definitely take what strengthens your squad, as it's a continually running tournament and shouldn't matter what time of season it is. 

Full agreement. 

It kinda goes hand in hand with my comment earlier about QB’s. Gabbert will more than likely be cut at the end of the season but it was a pick up with my team in mind for this year. In dynasty there usually becomes a time in the year where you go all out for a championship or look to the future. This is the time that guys who are out of it and maybe fancy a rebuild might trade away a high rated player for picks etc.

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

The thing is there is one week left and he plays a team who are also already out of it.

I’m already in the playoffs too so not getting the player isn’t really a big deal to me personally.

I get the point that it may have playoff implications but in this case it doesn’t. Doesn’t sit right with me at all.

I wouldn't be happy with that either, but he is still playing and trying I suppose. In that league, I just wouldn't do it, I'd stay well clear. He obviously doesn't want to finish last, but if he's playing another guy whose out too, then it's just best to stay away from it imo.

4 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

In the Dynasty,

I’d do whatever made sense for me. And that would factor in the short-term chance of winning that season versus long-term squad strengthening. Clearly different players will have different values to different teams at different times. 

12 hours ago, Peebo said:

Never mind allowed, they should be required to! Very annoying when teams start tanking without penalty.

As I said, if it’s a redraft league, surprised anyone can be arsed, but have no issue with it. If it’s a Dynasty, absolutely no ****ing idea how anyone could complain about it. 

Orginal Kickback Dynasty used to have a consolation bowl, for which an extra first rounder was the prize. I liked that as it kept interest going. Unsure if we are doing that this year. Perhaps doesn’t work as well in the smaller league. 

Who is your team in KB Dynasty?

8 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

I see I gave you a 40 point pumping back in week 3.

Something that still makes me cry myself to sleep each night. 

Edited by Peebo

1 hour ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Last minute choice of dropping Morris comes back to haunt me and probably cost playoffs.

Ouch man!

I started Crowder pretty much across the board. I sat for ages weighing it up but kept him in, disaster!

chuck berrys hairline

Kickback Bowl

Im open for trading a WR  (Fitzgerald/Stills/Goodwin) for RB cover. 

chuck berrys hairline

after being 2-4 through week six my division in the kickback bowl has had quite a turnaround. Apologies to anyone ive faced in the dynasty but wit h me out the running i focused all my attention on the one league and its paid dividends !

And with my bench of 5 elligible players outscoring the 11 I started, my Kickback bowl regular season is over in a way which fittingly describes my fantasy season in both leagues. 

So Sack City, It Ain't Nothing But Luck, Leader of the Pack and SlaytheAnsah are all confirmed in the playoffs.

The last two places are going to come down to the top 2 in the mini-group of 7-6 teams - Finkle 5, Belters, Not My Forte and Return of the Mack.

I believe in a 4 way tie it comes down to points scored. If it is then I believe Belters & Not My Forte should have the last 2 spots...don't hold me to that though.

In the dynasty, I was trounced by Luckness Monster, who now takes the division lead. I'm still not out of it though, we're both tied 1-1 in the head to head. A defeat for him and victory for me next week will see us both with a 6-2 division record so it could come down to points scored. In that scenario I'd need to outscore him next week by 34.26.

In the other division it still looks all to play for with 3 sides likely going to be on 9-4. An incredible finish is on the cards in that division.

luckyBatistuta

Noticed that someone has tried to block the trade between myself and Zero Pace in the Dynasty...can't understand why anyone would try and block it?

Zero Pace hasn't made the playoffs, but it's a Dynasty league. I could understand it in the Kickback Bowl, but I wouldn't have even offered a trade to someone who hadn't made the playoffs in that. I'm already trying to build for next season mainly, as is Zero Pace I would think.

45 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Noticed that someone has tried to block the trade between myself and Zero Pace in the Dynasty...can't understand why anyone would try and block it?

Zero Pace hasn't made the playoffs, but it's a Dynasty league. I could understand it in the Kickback Bowl, but I wouldn't have even offered a trade to someone who hadn't made the playoffs in that. I'm already trying to build for next season mainly, as is Zero Pace I would think.

I wish I could see who :lol:

FYI I've modified the draft settings so that it no longer snakes.

luckyBatistuta
4 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I wish I could see who :lol:

FYI I've modified the draft settings so that it no longer snakes.

Wondered what you had done. I take it that means they can't hide themselves now. Can't see any reasoning behind it, not breaking any rules. 

3 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Wondered what you had done. I take it that means they can't hide themselves now. Can't see any reasoning behind it, not breaking any rules. 

Nah there's no settings to reveal who veto's trades.

Just your trade flagged up that I still had the draft set to snake but moving forward with the rookie drafts it should go back to the start with each round.

luckyBatistuta
17 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Nah there's no settings to reveal who veto's trades.

Just your trade flagged up that I still had the draft set to snake but moving forward with the rookie drafts it should go back to the start with each round.

Understand now,, cheers bud :thumbsup:

chuck berrys hairline
2 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

It was me!  :pleased:

I clicked veto expecting a yes or no option :rolleyes2:

definitely no problem with the trade. Should maybe stay off things when in off the nightshift sorry guys can untwist them now

luckyBatistuta
3 minutes ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

It was me!  :pleased:

I clicked veto expecting a yes or no option :rolleyes2:

definitely no problem with the trade. Should maybe stay off things when in off the nightshift sorry guys can untwist them now

:thumbsup: No probs bud and I thought we were pals :laugh:

I was just p'd when I saw it, as i put time and effort in to trying to figure out who needs what more than me imo and who would be the best to trade with, as I needed a QB for next season and tried to work a trade with them (wasn't my first offer either). I've offered out masses of trades (most rejected ) but thought this was a totally acceptable trade and boom. I would definitely veto something if I  thought there was any skullduggery involved though, but only then.

6 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

:thumbsup: No probs bud and I thought we were pals :laugh:

I was just p'd when I saw it, as i put time and effort in to trying to figure out who needs what more than me imo and who would be the best to trade with, as I needed a QB for next season and tried to work a trade with them (wasn't my first offer either). I've offered out masses of trades (most rejected ) but thought this was a totally acceptable trade and boom. I would definitely veto something if I  thought there was any skullduggery involved though, but only then.

I didn't receive any...you must think my team is shite :sob:

luckyBatistuta
4 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I didn't receive any...you must think my team is shite :sob:

Did I not offer you a shocker last year in the Kickback Bowl. If I remember right, I offered a similar trade to just about everyone in the league and someone came on here and commented on how ridiculous it was. It was my first year doing it and you've got to love a trier :laugh:

Edited by luckyBatistuta

Just now, luckyBatistuta said:

Did I not offer you a shocker last year in the Kickback Bowl. If I remember right, I offered a similar trade to just about everyone in the league and someone came on here and commented on how ridiculous it was. It was my first year doing it and you've got to love a trier :laugh:

The thing is, someone will eventually accept a shocker of an offer. Throw enough darts and all!

Then there's the trades that look massively one sided at the time then completely flip as the season progresses.

Someone else has veto'd the trade. I get a feeling your playoff rivals might be at it :lol:

Edited by hmfc_liam06

luckyBatistuta
Just now, hmfc_liam06 said:

The thing is, someone will eventually accept a shocker of an offer. Throw enough darts and all!

Then there's the trades that look massively one sided at the time then completely flip as the season progresses.

Ive actually dodged a few bullets this season. One massive one too, offered Roethlisberger, Perine and Reed for a player who went out for the whole season the following weekend...phew.

11 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I think that might of been me.  Did you not offer Thomas Rawls for Antonio Brown! :laugh:

I think this trade is a better one! :thumbsup:

Edited by Ross992

luckyBatistuta
Just now, Ross992 said:

I think that might of been me.  Did you not offer Thomas Rawls for Antonio Brown! :laugh:

I think this trade is a better one! :-) 

It was something like that :laugh: was a shocker

luckyBatistuta
14 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Someone else has veto'd the trade. I get a feeling your playoff rivals might be at it :lol:

Poor behaviour imo, not even sure if I'll play him in the playoffs, was more thinking about Big Ben retiring next year.

7 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Poor behaviour imo, not even sure if I'll play him in the playoffs, was more thinking about Big Ben retiring next year.

Bit of a shame, as you say we went back and forward a few times to get something we were both happy with.

20 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Ive actually dodged a few bullets this season. One massive one too, offered Roethlisberger, Perine and Reed for a player who went out for the whole season the following weekend...phew.

I got 2 offers for Watson that week and rejected them both. If I had accepted one of them he'd no doubt still be fit and the Texans would be a superbowl contender.

luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, KineticBeat said:

I got 2 offers for Watson that week and rejected them both. If I had accepted one of them he'd no doubt still be fit and the Texans would be a superbowl contender.

One was me, guy was on fire. Don't like the Texans, but hope he comes back stronger, cracking player.

edit: just checked and they were both me. Didn't realise just how many I've had rejected and cancelled though :laugh: 

I need to find something else to do in taxi ranks :laugh:

Edited by luckyBatistuta

9 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

One was me, guy was on fire. Don't like the Texans, but hope he comes back stronger, cracking player.

edit: just checked and they were both me. Didn't realise just how many I've had rejected and cancelled though :laugh: 

I need to find something else to do in taxi ranks :laugh:

I was only counting both of yours as one. 

I got a trade offer for him right after the injury as well which, in hindsight, I should have taken without a second thought.