• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

46 minutes ago, BigCGilmour said:

Away from home so missing what's going on. Just checking scoring on fleaflicker. Wtf is Eli/Giants doing?

hows Rodgers looking?

Very mixed bag from him. He's scored well from a fantasy perspective but he was picked 3 times.

1 hour ago, Zico said:

The American Claire Balding more like. Awful. 

I didn't realise it was a woman...sounded more like a 12 year old boy.

alwaysthereinspirit
14 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Murder!  F.T.P. :mad:

Maybe see you again in a few weeks. Cannot believe the Pats pulled that out. But when you got the GOAT you'll always have a chance.

J.T.F.Robertson
35 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Maybe see you again in a few weeks. Cannot believe the Pats pulled that out. But when you got the GOAT you'll always have a chance.

Still don't get that over-rule of the TD. Sideline, aye, but he had possession until way beyond the end zone line and under any other circumstance you only need to "break the plane", even if it's just the nose of the football. 

We wuz robbed ! :rolleyes:

I hope we do get another shot, (obviously) need Antonio back, though. :(

alwaysthereinspirit
30 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Still don't get that over-rule of the TD. Sideline, aye, but he had possession until way beyond the end zone line and under any other circumstance you only need to "break the plane", even if it's just the nose of the football. 

We wuz robbed ! :rolleyes:

I hope we do get another shot, (obviously) need Antonio back, though. :(

The whole "rusher" breaking the plane with the ball being different than a receiver breaking the plane is so dumb.

The ball breaking the plane is the ball breaking the plane. I'd be p!$$ed too.

18 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

The whole "rusher" breaking the plane with the ball being different than a receiver breaking the plane is so dumb.

The ball breaking the plane is the ball breaking the plane. I'd be p!$$ed too.

Them's the rules though, was the right call.

luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Indeed it is and was the right call. I still don't like it though, he catches, makes a move and breaks the plane, that's a td in my book.

alwaysthereinspirit
6 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

You wouldn't have heard me complain yesterday. But I get why others would.

Have I got it right that the Eagles-Cowboys game is on Hogmanay, and if so - anywhere in Edinburgh showing it? 

6 hours ago, Deodato said:

Have I got it right that the Eagles-Cowboys game is on Hogmanay, and if so - anywhere in Edinburgh showing it? 

It is on then, yes. Will depend what game sky show at 6, if you want to watch in a pub. Panthers-Falcons probably more likely to be on then, I reckon. 

Sure it's been debated on here before, but for all those with NFL Game Pass accounts, have you checked the archives out ...properly?

A Football Life has so much depth, top tips include Jerry Rice, Terrell Owens and Randall Cunningham. Indeed Jerry Rice should be prescribed post Turkey binge watching. One of the best docs ever made. 

NFL Films is worth checking too, especially the Candlestick Markers.

And you've got the story behind each and every Superbowl winner since it began, loving the Redskins with Joe and Riggins. 

Dig deep, and btw ...NFL Game Pass might be a novelty today, but I'm damn sure its the way of the future. 

9 minutes ago, Deodato said:

Sure it's been debated on here before, but for all those with NFL Game Pass accounts, have you checked the archives out ...properly?

A Football Life has so much depth, top tips include Jerry Rice, Terrell Owens and Randall Cunningham. Indeed Jerry Rice should be prescribed post Turkey binge watching. One of the best docs ever made. 

NFL Films is worth checking too, especially the Candlestick Markers.

And you've got the story behind each and every Superbowl winner since it began, loving the Redskins with Joe and Riggins. 

Dig deep, and btw ...NFL Game Pass might be a novelty today, but I'm damn sure its the way of the future. 

Have been using the last few years, after moving back to Blighty. Certainly been a novelty act this year, due to its unreliability!

Very good when it works! 

8 hours ago, Peebo said:

Have been using the last few years, after moving back to Blighty. Certainly been a novelty act this year, due to its unreliability!

Very good when it works! 

True that, but they had the decency to give everyone a £20 refund which I thought was pretty cool. 

Be sure to use Google Chromecast, so from your phone > chromecast > television. Don't run it on your laptop. 

2 hours ago, Deodato said:

True that, but they had the decency to give everyone a £20 refund which I thought was pretty cool. 

Be sure to use Google Chromecast, so from your phone > chromecast > television. Don't run it on your laptop. 

I’ve found the laptop (with hdmi) to my tv to be the most (only!) reliable method, if rather awkward. 

Watched my beloved Eagles on NFL GamePass Broadcast-40 this morning; we have a problem. 

What got us to where we are today was Wentz on third down. What's going to take us back to where we came from last season is ...Foles on third down. 

The stats don't lie. And he was making some of the dumbest mistakes yesterday. 

Always the bridesmaid, never the bride - welcome to supporting the Philadelphia Eagles.

Screen_Shot_2017-12-26_at_12_31_10.png

luckyBatistuta
5 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Luckybatistuta with the fantasy double! 

Well played!

Thanks Liam, wee bit of a sweat when JuJu was still -0.2 late in the game, but the benching of Bell saw me over the line in both.

1 hour ago, Deodato said:

Watched my beloved Eagles on NFL GamePass Broadcast-40 this morning; we have a problem. 

What got us to where we are today was Wentz on third down. What's going to take us back to where we came from last season is ...Foles on third down. 

Always the bridesmaid, never the bride - welcome to supporting the Philadelphia Eagles.

Backup quarterback in “not as good as starting quarterback” shocker! 

3 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Thanks Liam, wee bit of a sweat when JuJu was still -0.2 late in the game, but the benching of Bell saw me over the line in both.

His late touchdown got me over the line in another league. Was sweating it the entire game!

luckyBatistuta
22 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

His late touchdown got me over the line in another league. Was sweating it the entire game!

It was just a short dump off to Bell, one after another. Got to admit I did punch the air when JuJu caught it :laugh:

On 12/26/2017 at 10:13, Deodato said:

In Pennsylvania ATM with the in-laws and they're all very worried. I still am reminded of the words of the great Paul "Dr. Z" Zimmerman -- players don't really care that much about home field advantage. Once the division is won, they'll go through the motions but it's just not as much of a motivation.

I fully expect the Eagles to limp through next week looking terrible, take a week off, then come out and thrash whomever they draw in the playoffs (hopefully not the Panthers). Foles may not be good enough to win the Big One, but there's no way they'll be as feckless as they were Monday night in the playoffs.

On 27/12/2017 at 20:22, Ugly American said:

In Pennsylvania ATM with the in-laws and they're all very worried. I still am reminded of the words of the great Paul "Dr. Z" Zimmerman -- players don't really care that much about home field advantage. Once the division is won, they'll go through the motions but it's just not as much of a motivation.

I fully expect the Eagles to limp through next week looking terrible, take a week off, then come out and thrash whomever they draw in the playoffs (hopefully not the Panthers). Foles may not be good enough to win the Big One, but there's no way they'll be as feckless as they were Monday night in the playoffs.

Ugly American - how highly do you rate Drew Brees this season? I remember when Wentz was crushing it for us, the chat was that it would be either him or Brees who guide their teams to Minnesota in February. Now Wentz is gone, does Brees ease the Saints in? 

Also, for the thread, don't know if this is old news but Stephen A. Smith is reaching cult status in my book. He's no fan of the Cowboys and has had the Eagles back all season. Check him out on ESPN and via YouTube, we should sign a petition to get him to do a face-off with Michael Stewart on Sportscene. 

1 hour ago, Deodato said:

Ugly American - how highly do you rate Drew Brees this season? I remember when Wentz was crushing it for us, the chat was that it would be either him or Brees who guide their teams to Minnesota in February. Now Wentz is gone, does Brees ease the Saints in? 

Also, for the thread, don't know if this is old news but Stephen A. Smith is reaching cult status in my book. He's no fan of the Cowboys and has had the Eagles back all season. Check him out on ESPN and via YouTube, we should sign a petition to get him to do a face-off with Michael Stewart on Sportscene. 

I used to like Smith a lot, until he started talking about Ray Rice, and how women should do a better job of not giving men reasons to beat them up. 

To be completely honest, I haven't seen much of Brees this season -- we have an infant about to turn 1 and it means I've missed a lot of sports, including both Hearts and the NFL. But I've been a Brees fan since he was at Purdue -- an outstanding player who's also really humble and community-minded. Anyway, if I were New Orleans, I wouldn't worry at all about Brees -- it's their inconsistent defense that's going to do them in at some point. Maybe they hold it together for four games but the NFC is no joke this year and I just can't see them getting to February without someone dropping 35 on them.

I have seen almost nothing of Minnesota this year, but based on the other teams, I'll make the unorthodox prediction that it's Philadelphia vs. Carolina for the NFC championship.

1 hour ago, Ugly American said:

To be completely honest, I haven't seen much of Brees this season -- we have an infant about to turn 1 and it means I've missed a lot of sports, including both Hearts and the NFL. But I've been a Brees fan since he was at Purdue -- an outstanding player who's also really humble and community-minded. Anyway, if I were New Orleans, I wouldn't worry at all about Brees -- it's their inconsistent defense that's going to do them in at some point. Maybe they hold it together for four games but the NFC is no joke this year and I just can't see them getting to February without someone dropping 35 on them.

I have seen almost nothing of Minnesota this year, but based on the other teams, I'll make the unorthodox prediction that it's Philadelphia vs. Carolina for the NFC championship.

Congratulations on your new arrival sir. My wee ones are 6 and 7, which means they are old enough to know what third and eight means in terms of probability. As a Dad, debatinf third down options with your daughter is a rite of passage. 

What's happened to the Seahawks this year? Forgive me for being caught asleep at the wheel, but since when did they drop off the mantle and for what reason? Going into the last game, they sit outside of the top six - when did that last happen?

NFC W L T PCT PF PA HOME AWAY CONF DIV STRK
Philadelphia Eagles Eagles Z 13 2 0 .867 457 289 7-0 6-2 10-1 5-0 W3
Minnesota Vikings Vikings Y 12 3 0 .800 359 242 6-1 6-2 9-2 4-1 W2
Los Angeles Rams Rams Y 11 4 0 .733 465 295 4-3 7-1 7-4 4-1 W2
New Orleans Saints Saints X 11 4 0 .733 424 295 7-1 4-3 8-3 4-1 W2
Carolina Panthers Panthers X 11 4 0 .733 353 305 6-2 5-2 7-4 3-2 W3
Atlanta Falcons Falcons 9 6 0 .600 331 305 4-3 5-3 8-3 3-2 L1
Seattle Seahawks Seahawks 9 6 0 .600 342 306 4-3 5-3 7-4 4-1 W1
Detroit Lions Lions 8 7 0 .533 375 365 3-4 5-3 7-4 4-1 L1
Dallas Cowboys Cowboys 8 7 0 .533 348 332 3-5 5-2 6-5 4-1 L1
Green Bay Packers Packers 7 8 0 .467 309 349 4-4 3-4 5-6 2-3 L2
Washington Redskins Redskins 7 8 0 .467 332 370 5-3 2-5 5-6 1-4 W2
Arizona Cardinals Cardinals 7 8 0 .467 269 337 5-3 2-5 4-7 2-3 W1
San Francisco 49ers 49ers 5 10 0 .333 297 370 3-5 2-5 2-9 0-5 W4
Chicago Bears Bears 5 10 0 .333 254 297 3-5 2-5 1-10 0-5 W1
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Buccaneers 4 11 0 .267 304 358 3-4 1-7 2-9 0-5 L5
New York Giants Giants 2 13 0 .133 228 378 1-6 1-7 0-11 0-5 L5

3 hours ago, Peebo said:

I used to like Smith a lot, until he started talking about Ray Rice, and how women should do a better job of not giving men reasons to beat them up. 

Wasn't aware of those remarks, thanks for flagging and what a douche bag. 

The joke about the NFL is that it really stands for "not for long." They've done more as a league to create parity between teams than any other sport -- the Giants and Cowboys really don't have any structural advantage over Green Bay, which is remarkable. That means most teams aren't that far away from playoff contention.

I haven't followed the Seahawks closely but I think their offensive line has gotten older and they've had changes in their defensive secondary. Add to that not having Lynch anymore and they're just not as imposing as they used to be. Russell Wilson is still excellent but I think he's had less time in the pocket than normal.

Congratulations on your new arrival sir. My wee ones are 6 and 7, which means they are old enough to know what third and eight means in terms of probability. As a Dad, debatinf third down options with your daughter is a rite of passage. 

What's happened to the Seahawks this year? Forgive me for being caught asleep at the wheel, but since when did they drop off the mantle and for what reason? Going into the last game, they sit outside of the top six - when did that last happen?

NFC W L T PCT PF PA HOME AWAY CONF DIV STRK
Philadelphia Eagles Eagles Z 13 2 0 .867 457 289 7-0 6-2 10-1 5-0 W3
Minnesota Vikings Vikings Y 12 3 0 .800 359 242 6-1 6-2 9-2 4-1 W2
Los Angeles Rams Rams Y 11 4 0 .733 465 295 4-3 7-1 7-4 4-1 W2
New Orleans Saints Saints X 11 4 0 .733 424 295 7-1 4-3 8-3 4-1 W2
Carolina Panthers Panthers X 11 4 0 .733 353 305 6-2 5-2 7-4 3-2 W3
Atlanta Falcons Falcons 9 6 0 .600 331 305 4-3 5-3 8-3 3-2 L1
Seattle Seahawks Seahawks 9 6 0 .600 342 306 4-3 5-3 7-4 4-1 W1
Detroit Lions Lions 8 7 0 .533 375 365 3-4 5-3 7-4 4-1 L1
Dallas Cowboys Cowboys 8 7 0 .533 348 332 3-5 5-2 6-5 4-1 L1
Green Bay Packers Packers 7 8 0 .467 309 349 4-4 3-4 5-6 2-3 L2
Washington Redskins Redskins 7 8 0 .467 332 370 5-3 2-5 5-6 1-4 W2
Arizona Cardinals Cardinals 7 8 0 .467 269 337 5-3 2-5 4-7 2-3 W1
San Francisco 49ers 49ers 5 10 0 .333 297 370 3-5 2-5 2-9 0-5 W4
Chicago Bears Bears 5 10 0 .333 254 297 3-5 2-5 1-10 0-5 W1
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Buccaneers 4 11 0 .267 304 358 3-4 1-7 2-9 0-5 L5
New York Giants Giants 2 13 0 .133 228 378 1-6 1-7 0-11 0-5 L5

Not outside it, but the Seahawks finished in the second wild card spot two years ago, when the Cardinals had a very good record. I think the Seahawks made it to the divisionals, thanks to their current kicker famously missing an easy chance to put the Vikings through at their expense, in the wildcard round.

Last year, they won a very weak NFC West. This year, they have had the Rams to contend with, and their defence is on the decline. As stated, the absence of Lynch for the last couple of years has left a big hole. 

Wasn't aware of those remarks, thanks for flagging and what a douche bag. 

Was probably three or four years ago. Caused quite a fuss on American sports telly, if I recall correctly. 

Really chuffed for the Buffalo Bills, 19 year drought over. Bills v Vikings for the Superbowl. 

Anybody but the Eagles.

luckyBatistuta

Chuck Pagano gone, no surprise really. Not sure who I'd like to replace him, there is so much work needed on our roster.