**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

luckyBatistuta
Just now, KineticBeat said:

I was only counting both of yours as one. 

I got a trade offer for him right after the injury as well which, in hindsight, I should have taken without a second thought. 

After the injury, now you've posted this, he might offer it again.

• Replies 33.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

Gronk suspended 1 game for his hit on White yesterday. I think he's lucky it was only 1 game, one of the worst premeditated assaults I've seen in football.

39 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

Gronk suspended 1 game for his hit on White yesterday. I think he's lucky it was only 1 game, one of the worst premeditated assaults I've seen in football.

He has the cheek to appeal it too. Prick.

11 hours ago, Louis Litt said:

Think ju ju Smith schuster just upped the ante on pre meditated hits!

Looks like the head to head rule scuppered Not My Forte.

Congratulations on reaching the KickbackBowl:

Sack City

It Ain't Nothing But Luck

SlaytheAnsah

Leader of the Pack

Belters

Finkle 5

May the best man win!

8 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Looks like the head to head rule scuppered Not My Forte.

Congratulations on reaching the KickbackBowl:

Sack City

It Ain't Nothing But Luck

SlaytheAnsah

Leader of the Pack

Belters

Finkle 5

May the best man win!

Oooft!! I must have just sneaked in!

2 minutes ago, Ross992 said:

Oooft!! I must have just sneaked in!

If you have access to the desktop version of the site, go to the playoffs table and there's a full breakdown of the tiebreaker between the 4 7-6 sides...fair play to the programmers on that one :lol:

Actually here it is:

4-way tie among Not my Forte, Return of the Mack, belters, Finkle 5 is broken down using Best division record (same division only) into 2 smaller ties. Best head-to-head record is used to break the tie among belters, Not my Forte; 3-way tie among Not my Forte, Return of the Mack, Finkle 5 is broken down using Best division record (same division only) into 2smaller ties. Best head-to-head record is used to break the tie among Finkle 5, Not my Forte; Best head-to-head record is used to break the tie among Not my Forte, Return of the Mack.

1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:

In the Dynasty, I'm ranked number 1 in the whole league, yet 3rd in my division and seeded 4th...wtf!!!

In another league I'm in, my entire division is 5-8 yet the team in top is ranked 12th (last).

There's maybe a wee issue with updating leagues and standings.

1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:

In the Dynasty, I'm ranked number 1 in the whole league, yet 3rd in my division and seeded 4th...wtf!!!

I think the division ranks are the last thing to update. 

It looks like that in the GJT Dynasty league that the only playoff spot to be decided is between Scranton Warriors and Luckness Monster. 

luckyBatistuta

So the main reason I wanted Kirk Cousins was to replace Big Ben next season, might be replacing him in more ways than one though :kirk:

IMG_3990.PNG

luckyBatistuta

The biggest pressure this weekend in the KickbackBowl is on Luckness Monster. He could possibly end up being the only person beaten by Game of Throw-Ins :sweat:

C

7 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

The biggest pressure this weekend in the KickbackBowl is on Luckness Monster. He could possibly end up being the only person beaten by Game of Throw-Ins :sweat:

:lol:

I might commish pick the team now that the regular season is over! See if they can get a win!

luckyBatistuta
19 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I might commish pick the team now that the regular season is over! See if they can get a win!

:laugh:  good luck in improving it by a whole 0.42pts

11 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

:laugh:  good luck in improving it by a whole 0.42pts

Decker in the flex, it'll be his season breakout game...watch this space :lol:

luckyBatistuta
33 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Decker in the flex, it'll be his season breakout game...watch this space :lol:

"Eric Decker...Eric ****ing Decker…do it"

IMG_4012.GIF

Sexton Hardcastle

That Peters suspension made the raiders chiefs game much more interesting.

Happens to be the early sky game as well.

34 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

That trade though...

No good? To be honest I thought rookie draft could be a bit of a gamble.   Happy to take a 24 year old WR1.

Still quite new to Dynasty.

It does seem highly disfavoured towards Von Miller Time. 

It might be worth talking about how the rookie draft will work i.e. how many keepers we'll each have so we have a better idea how many players will be going into the draft and therefore how valuable the draft picks are for those who are unsure. 

21 minutes ago, Ross992 said:

No good? To be honest I thought rookie draft could be a bit of a gamble.   Happy to take a 24 year old WR1.

Still quite new to Dynasty.

I wouldn't have been giving up the first overall pick for anyone not named Bell, Elliott, Johnson, Brown or Beckham...

5 minutes ago, KineticBeat said:

It does seem highly disfavoured towards Von Miller Time. 

It might be worth talking about how the rookie draft will work i.e. how many keepers we'll each have so we have a better idea how many players will be going into the draft and therefore how valuable the draft picks are for those who are unsure. 

The way I operate my other dynasty is that you have to cut X amount (it's an IDP so there's much bigger rosters and line ups in play and the cut number is 8 for a roster of 40) pre-draft.

I then have a period of free agency, meaning you can fill any holes with free agents but bare in mind that for every free agent you pick up, it costs you a draft pick.

So if you cut 5 players and pick up 2 free agents, you would have 3 slots available for the draft. Of course you could just cut anyone else you didn't want just before the draft starts freeing up more space.

It's kind of in-keeping with the real NFL in that you have free agency and then the draft.

Another league I'm in is the complete opposite. The commissioner in that league increases the roster size temporarily by 5 spots meaning everyone has 5 draft spaces. In all honesty, I find that people are drafting shite by the 4th round and when it comes to decreasing roster sizes, people are just cutting the totally random rookies they picked up in rounds 4 and 5.

luckyBatistuta

Still trying to get my head around this ranking system in the Dynasty league. I'm ranked number 1, so therefore I was last pick on the last waiver wire. That for me just doesn't make sense. I'm 3rd in my league and was hoping to pick up a player who was picked up by a team who are ranked ahead of me in the playoffs, that doesn't make any sense. If they're ahead of me after 13 weeks and I'm now playing catch up going into the playoffs, then surely I should get a pick before them. I'm not overly bothered by the lost pick, as I'm reasonably happy with my squad, just seems a bit stupid, or is that's just me being stupid :lol:

4 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Still trying to get my head around this ranking system in the Dynasty league. I'm ranked number 1, so therefore I was last pick on the last waiver wire. That for me just doesn't make sense. I'm 3rd in my league and was hoping to pick up a player who was picked up by a team who are ranked ahead of me in the playoffs, that doesn't make any sense. If they're ahead of me after 13 weeks and I'm now playing catch up going into the playoffs, then surely I should get a pick before them. I'm not overly bothered by the lost pick, as I'm reasonably happy with my squad, just seems a bit stupid, or is that's just me being stupid :lol:

I wouldn't worry about it too much just now. The teams not in the playoffs look to be ranked fine. If there's any anomalies after the season has ended I can manually edit draft order.

chuck berrys hairline
7 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

it's collusion mate!:Stupid_Heads_by_Vir

Just looking at it again, I can only think it has something to do with division records.

You've completed your divisional games whereas the other 2 above you haven't. Lets see how it goes after the regular season is finished.

luckyBatistuta
11 minutes ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

it's collusion mate!:Stupid_Heads_by_Vir

This pick didn't matter in the grand scheme of things to me, so not bothered, just curious. 

8 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Just looking at it again, I can only think it has something to do with division records.

You've completed your divisional games whereas the other 2 above you haven't. Lets see how it goes after the regular season is finished.

It was from the other division

Without sounding like a dick...unless I’m mistaken, it’s normally the case that each fantasy league has an associated message board. Would it not be more efficient to keep chat related to a specific league confined to the relevant league message board?

3 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Saints look to be stuttering at the wrong time. Think the Vikings are going to end up taking the NFC.

I fancied the saints to go all the way, but last couple of days demonstrate how devastating how injuries to key players are. Ingram and Kamara were looking unstoppable, at times. 

The Falcons winning makes the play-off race more interesting which I always endorse. If they had lost I don't think they would have comeback to challenge Seattle for the last wildcard spot.

Sexton Hardcastle

Is there some deal on the nfl beanie hats at the moment? Seem to see every third guy with them. Today at Tynie I seen saints, niners, patriots, eagles, falcons and steelers.

15 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Is there some deal on the nfl beanie hats at the moment? Seem to see every third guy with them. Today at Tynie I seen saints, niners, patriots, eagles, falcons and steelers.

Was thinking the same. ****ing everywhere today, and last week.

1 hour ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Think it shows the growing appeal of the NFL. I even saw a Texas A&M beanie.

I was going to wear my Lions one but didn’t fancy the abuse... :lol:

Edited by hmfc_liam06

chuck berrys hairline
3 hours ago, BigCGilmour said:

Surely the redskins beanie is what any discerning hearts fan should be wearing

Bit Motherwell to me imo

And we call off games when the area around the stadium is too icy. 

Love watching nfl when it snows like this, just looks like utter chaos.