**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

22 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

I'm really ****ing confused by that trade.

Running backs don’t have much of a shelf life. Dolphins presumably think he is on the slide, and want to cash in.

Eagles now look very strong...but he wouldn’t be the first high profile RB to get traded and be a flop. 

• Replies 33.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

luckyBatistuta
44 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Ajayi off to the Eagles, unsure what they get in return.

Edit - a fourth round pick, apparently.

I might be talking shite here, but is Ajayi not living off a short run of games where he really excelled and the rest is pretty big standard.

16 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Would like to see the Eagles do it.

Couple of other names cropped up for a trade today, TY Hilton & DeMarco Murray.

If I was TY, I'd be off, we're a fek'n mess and not getting better any time soon.

2 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I might be talking shite here, but is Ajayi not living off a short run of games where he really excelled and the rest is pretty big standard.

I would say he is, never really rated him.

Interestingly I read a Tweet earlier where Jeff Darlington (more than) hinted the Dolphins reckon his knees are shot and won't have much left in tank.

Edited by hmfc_liam06

Sexton Hardcastle

His cap space is incredibly small for this and next year so huge pick up for eagles. Win a title and wave him goodbye even.

luckyBatistuta
15 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I would say he is, never really rated him.

Interestingly I read a Tweet earlier where someone hinted the Dolphins reckon his knees are shot and won't have much left in tank.

Thinking back to both drafts, I'm not sure I even considered drafting Ajayi at any point. On Hilton, if he's gone, we better get a damn good deal, coz we've got gaping holes everywhere in the team and he's still a top end player and still only 27

Just now, luckyBatistuta said:

Thinking back to both drafts, I'm not sure I even considered drafting Ajayi at any point. On Hilton, if he's gone, we better get a damn good deal, coz we've got gaping holes everywhere in the team and he's still a top end player and still only 27

I'd love him at the Lions.

Straight swap for Ansah?

luckyBatistuta
9 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I'd love him at the Lions.

Straight swap for Ansah?

Bet you would 

No thanks

Ajayi has a high potential ceiling although it's now obvious that the Dolphins can't rate him too highly. I still think he improves that Eagles backfield though. 

If the Colts are looking to shift Hilton they must have a lot of teams interested. He'd be a great addition to a fair few rosters

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, KineticBeat said:

Ajayi has a high potential ceiling although it's now obvious that the Dolphins can't rate him too highly. I still think he improves that Eagles backfield though. 

If the Colts are looking to shift Hilton they must have a lot of teams interested. He'd be a great addition to a fair few rosters

Don't see it myself with Ajayi. Hilton would be in the top 5 WR's imo, if it wasn't for the mess that is the Colts right now. A great signing for anyone who gets him.

NFL Update‏ @MySportsUpdate  3 minutes ago

#Colts are also open to trading WR Donte Moncrief in addition to Gore, Hilton and Vontae Davis. Moncrief is on the last year of his deal.

luckyBatistuta
55 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

NFL Update‏ @MySportsUpdate  3 minutes ago

#Colts are also open to trading WR Donte Moncrief in addition to Gore, Hilton and Vontae Davis. Moncrief is on the last year of his deal.

How much is Lucas Oil worth :facepalm:

30 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

How much is Lucas Oil worth :facepalm:

To be fair, trading Moncrief and Gore isn't a bad play.

Moncrief hasn't lived up to the billing and, well Gore is about 60!

1 hour ago, Ugly American said:

Craziness. Most seasons in the NFL don't see a single trade, and we've got four this week.

I was just telling someone at work yesterday that there are hardly any trades involving big names...

I reckon the Bills are probably going to break their playoff hoodoo this season anyway but adding Benjamin certainly makes them look stronger still. 

26 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Another strange one. Not any better than Watkins who they recently moved on. 

What they got for Watkins and what they gave for Benjamin possibly reflects that. 

Sounds like the Browns and Bengals agreed AJ McCarron for a 2nd and 3rd round pick but the Browns were to busy celebrating to inform the league and get approval before the deadline. 

Laughing stock. 

22 minutes ago, KineticBeat said:

Sounds like the Browns and Bengals agreed AJ McCarron for a 2nd and 3rd round pick but the Browns were to busy celebrating to inform the league and get approval before the deadline. 

Laughing stock. 

Even more of a laughing stock if it had gone through at that price! 

luckyBatistuta
46 minutes ago, KineticBeat said:

Laughing stock. 

23 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Even more of a laughing stock if it had gone through at that price! 

They really do seem to go out of their way to find new ways to fail. I actually think McCarron would be a better QB fit than Garoppolo though, but not for a 2nd and 3rd pick.

IMG_3877.PNG

4 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

They really do seem to go out of their way to find new ways to fail. I actually think McCarron would be a better QB fit than Garoppolo though, but not for a 2nd and 3rd pick.

IMG_3877.PNG

McCarron is never going to be a top QB in the NFL. Unsure how a fifth round pick from 2014 is now worth a second + third?!? 

luckyBatistuta

I'd personally take him over Garoppolo, how many games, what's he actually proved to justify the hype around him. 

4 hours ago, Peebo said:

Kelvin Benjamin away to the Bills! 3rd and 7th round picks. 

What the hell?

Charlotte Observer saying it's basically because Benjamin and Funchess were too much alike and Benjamin was more expensive and with a shorter contract.

But this is after losing Olsen for the season. Hurney has built Super Bowl teams before so he knows a hell of a lot more than I do but I am seriously scratching my head. As, apparently, is Panthers fan Steph Curry (on twitter).

7 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I'd personally take him over Garoppolo, how many games, what's he actually proved to justify the hype around him. 

Respective costs suggest he was also valued higher than Garoppolo (2nd + 3rd vs 2nd). 

Wouldnt be surprised if Garoppolo proves to be another Mallett. 

luckyBatistuta
2 hours ago, Peebo said:

Respective costs suggest he was also valued higher than Garoppolo (2nd + 3rd vs 2nd). 

Wouldnt be surprised if Garoppolo proves to be another Mallett. 

Well played Belicheat, fooled them all

26 minutes ago, MacPhee said:

:jj:

Im going to log this

luckyBatistuta
26 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Josh Gordon is back!

:verysmug:

It's been a long time stranger

Now just gotta hope they trade him to someone that's going to maximise his full potential...if he can stay off the old drugs of course

Craig Gordons Gloves
10 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Still looking for someone to take over the inactive team in the dynasty league.

If anyone is interested then get in touch.

pm sent. 

luckyBatistuta
4 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Well that’s the Texans season over now.

Watson has done his ACL.

No way, don't like the Texans obviously, but that's brutal, such a shame for the guy.

luckyBatistuta
3 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Just set my line ups with fuller in both. Back to the drawing board.

Put Fuller in my dynasty team for this weekend. Colts can do this now, come on Brissett and TY

luckyBatistuta
5 minutes ago, Peebo said:

That is just un-****ing-believable. 

Sickening.

Really is brutal news. We all want to watch the best players performing to the  best of their abilities. Hopefully  he's back out there asap

Edited by luckyBatistuta

As gutted as I feel, I’m having a good giggle at the replacement suggestions. Kaepernick even more ridiculous than Romo. 

luckyBatistuta
8 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Yay! Matt McGloin. :mellow:

Not great, anyone you would go for, not much to choose from.

8 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Not great, anyone you would go for, not much to choose from.

Clearly as back up, so don’t really care. Savage will be starter, as he was two months ago (for a game!). We’ve made the playoffs with worse starting QBs. 

Clearly Kaepernick would have been a good option to bring in as has similar mobile style to Watson. However, I suspect Bob McNair would sooner sign the corpse of Bin Laden before he signed Kaepernick. 

luckyBatistuta
15 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Clearly as back up, so don’t really care. Savage will be starter, as he was two months ago (for a game!). We’ve made the playoffs with worse starting QBs. 

Clearly Kaepernick would have been a good option to bring in as has similar mobile style to Watson. However, I suspect Bob McNair would sooner sign the corpse of Bin Laden before he signed Kaepernick. 

Sorry bud, it's not a laughing matter,  but I'm lmao after that last statement. 

That is really gutting for Watson and the Texans. And I think everyone could see Luck being put on IR, must have been some shoulder injury. 

1 minute ago, KineticBeat said:

That is really gutting for Watson and the Texans. And I think everyone could see Luck being put on IR, must have been some shoulder injury. 

The timing suggests to me that they had been thinking about trading him.