• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

luckyBatistuta

Wtf, turned the tv off in the kitchen to go upstairs and watch the rest of the game in bed and missed it all. 

Sexton Hardcastle

Stupid from him and will be a fine and possibly a further ban. 

Woild have kept the drive going bad he just kept the head. Sprinted 40 yards, stuck his helmet in and started chucking the official about the place.

luckyBatistuta
5 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Stupid from him and will be a fine and possibly a further ban. 

Woild have kept the drive going bad he just kept the head. Sprinted 40 yards, stuck his helmet in and started chucking the official about the place.

Only saw him man handling the official, mental behaviour, especially for someone with as much experience as him.

Sexton Hardcastle

Apparently left the stadium sharpish after. Not good.

pleased with how raiders have played minus two missed fg and some silly penalties. Need to score on the next drive.

Nucky Thompson
8 hours ago, VivaObua said:

Yeah same here, I'm a Viking fan but couldn't get the time off for the browns game. I'll be on the caledonian sleeper back up after the match due to work kids etc...should be fun!

I'm heading down on the 8am train to Kings Cross on Saturday and back on the 9am train on Monday. I'm taking my laddie with me. he's 20 now though :thumbsup:

Sounded like some game. The AFC West is definitely the strongest division in the NFL atm.

It's typical that the two weeks I've dropped Cook this season are his highest scoring. 

3 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Can't get over that. Anyone with game pass should watch the full thing or at least that last drive. Incrieble.

Great TD to win it, and a superb, vital win for the Raiders.

The NFL is really wide open this year. Probably none of the divisions are a foregone conclusion (apart from perhaps the AFC East, as usual). Quite a few teams look like they could be Super Bowl contenders. 

13 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I'm heading down this weekend for the Rams v Cardinals

12 hours ago, VivaObua said:

Yeah same here, I'm a Viking fan but couldn't get the time off for the browns game. I'll be on the caledonian sleeper back up after the match due to work kids etc...should be fun!

Let me know how you both get on.

25 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

Let me know how you both get on.

I was at Twickenham last year if you're needing any info.

J.T.F.Robertson
On Thursday, October 19, 2017 at 01:40, Lambo85 said:

Kinda beats my London trip next Saturday.

Hope you both have a great time mate!

That's the last thing I intended, was a bit over-excited I guess. You have a great weekend and enjoy the game.

Arrived yesterday. The hotel is great, in fact, am sitting looking out our window right now with the Allegheny below and Heinz Field in the background. Just need a win on Sunday now.

A Hearts' win would be nice too. ;)

Edited by J.T.F.Robertson

On 10/18/2017 at 18:28, Boof said:

Slightly late to the thread, but are the Broncos the NFL equivalent of Hearts?

In arguably the most stunning result of the young season, the New York Giants (1-5) earned their first win of the season at Mile High, beating the Denver Broncos (3-2), 23-10.

:seething: 

:nojustno::symf:

If there's an NFL equivalent of Hearts, I have two nominations, and folk probably won't like either of them.

The first is the Bears. Only team in America's true second city, fanatical fans, beautiful and classic stadium -- big difference is that they got across the finish line to win their title in the mid-80s. 

The second, and probably better comparison, is the Browns. An utterly dominant dynasty in the 50s, utterly heartbreaking near-misses in the 80s and 90s, and then major trouble with ownership and a relocation controversy in the 90s.  (Again in a fact of American sports life that is different from European football, the Browns since 1999 are unanimously considered to be the same team as that which existed before 1996. When the old franchise left Cleveland in 96 to become the Baltimore Ravens, taking all of the old players with them, they surrendered all history, titles, and records to await a promised expansion franchise which started play in 1999.) New ownership emerged in the aughts which spent big and promised titles but ultimately produced dysfunctional, unbalanced, overpaid teams that routinely underperformed. Currently the Browns have a young coach whom everyone praised them for hiring and was regarded as a brilliant mind, but has won the square root of f---all since being hired and is increasingly on the hot seat. Regardless, despite all the losing, Cleveland fans are widely respected around the NFL as some of the most passionate, informed, and loyal, with the atmosphere at the stadium being famous.

I particularly like the analogy of the Browns because it undoubtedly makes the Bengals the equivalent of the wee team, an analogy so apt it kind of blows my mind.

Edited by Ugly American

7 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Yep I really can’t identify a locked on Super Bowl team at all.

Can you ever really?

Last few I'd say so.

2016 - Patriots were always making it

2015 - Panthers looked a stick on from a few weeks in

2014 - Seahawks never looked in doubt of making it

6 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Last few I'd say so.

2016 - Patriots were always making it

2015 - Panthers looked a stick on from a few weeks in

2014 - Seahawks never looked in doubt of making it

I suppose. But I feel like as often as not one of the stick-on teams gets upset in the playoffs.

5 hours ago, Ugly American said:

:nojustno::symf:

If there's an NFL equivalent of Hearts, I have two nominations, and folk probably won't like either of them.

The first is the Bears. Only team in America's true second city, fanatical fans, beautiful and classic stadium -- big difference is that they got across the finish line to win their title in the mid-80s. 

The second, and probably better comparison, is the Browns. An utterly dominant dynasty in the 50s, utterly heartbreaking near-misses in the 80s and 90s, and then major trouble with ownership and a relocation controversy in the 90s.  (Again in a fact of American sports life that is different from European football, the Browns since 1999 are unanimously considered to be the same team as that which existed before 1996. When the old franchise left Cleveland in 96 to become the Baltimore Ravens, taking all of the old players with them, they surrendered all history, titles, and records to await a promised expansion franchise which started play in 1999.) New ownership emerged in the aughts which spent big and promised titles but ultimately produced dysfunctional, unbalanced, overpaid teams that routinely underperformed. Currently the Browns have a young coach whom everyone praised them for hiring and was regarded as a brilliant mind, but has won the square root of f---all since being hired and is increasingly on the hot seat. Regardless, despite all the losing, Cleveland fans are widely respected around the NFL as some of the most passionate, informed, and loyal, with the atmosphere at the stadium being famous.

I particularly like the analogy of the Browns because it undoubtedly makes the Bengals the equivalent of the wee team, an analogy so apt it kind of blows my mind.

Brilliant summary - I bow to your vastly superior knowledge whilst doffing my virtual cap. I only suggested my Broncos due to their generosity in ensuring their opponents get off the mark...something we(Hearts)'ve been prone to in the past, however last week's visit to Dingwall may hint that the light at the tunnel's end isn't an oncoming train :lol:

5 hours ago, Boof said:

Brilliant summary - I bow to your vastly superior knowledge whilst doffing my virtual cap. I only suggested my Broncos due to their generosity in ensuring their opponents get off the mark...something we(Hearts)'ve been prone to in the past, however last week's visit to Dingwall may hint that the light at the tunnel's end isn't an oncoming train :lol:

Ah, gotcha. :lol:

My strong response was, well, in line with this classic Simpsons clip.

Sexton Hardcastle

Another scrappy London game.

no doubting Reynolds will still claims it was a huge success and they deserve next years super bowl.

On 11/10/2017 at 10:59, Boof said:

Is it a penalty, then, if someone even accidentally kicks the ball after a fumble? 

On 11/10/2017 at 13:16, Peebo said:

Yes, that team is penalised. 

Bills have done just as I said but didn't get penalised...what be the story?

18 minutes ago, Boof said:

Bills have done just as I said but didn't get penalised...what be the story?

I didn’t see the incident. What happened exactly?

6 minutes ago, Peebo said:

I didn’t see the incident. What happened exactly?

Loose ball, some Bill tried to scoop it up, made a bollox of it, bounced off his shin and some other Bill pounced on it for a Bills possession.

6 minutes ago, Boof said:

Loose ball, some Bill tried to scoop it up, made a bollox of it, bounced off his shin and some other Bill pounced on it for a Bills possession.

Ok. Sounds a bit different from someone deliberately kicking a ball that became loose after a fumble, if it was deemed an accidental bounce off a body part? I can’t quite recall the context of your original query, mind! 

In fact, just saw your original question does include “accidental”! To be honest, would have to see this one. If just an honest, unintended richocet then play probably does just carry on.

Edited by Peebo

J.T.F.Robertson
On Friday, October 20, 2017 at 06:40, J.T.F.Robertson said:

That's the last thing I intended, was a bit over-excited I guess. You have a great weekend and enjoy the game.

Arrived yesterday. The hotel is great, in fact, am sitting looking out our window right now with the Allegheny below and Heinz Field in the background. Just need a win on Sunday now.

A Hearts' win would be nice too. ;)

Got both! 

Btw, I guess it's the Monongahela, not the Allegheny. :( Definitely was Heinz Field 'tho. :P

It looks like billywalsh is inactive again, no line ups picked for this week.

I'm not fussy about his participation in the redraft league but I'm considering replacing in the dynasty. If anyone is interested then let me know, his team may be up for grabs. 

https://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/190960/teams/1293072

Team is still within the playoff hunt.

Nucky Thompson
On ‎22‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 18:58, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Another scrappy London game.

no doubting Reynolds will still claims it was a huge success and they deserve next years super bowl.

To be fair, the game day experience and hosting was a huge success.

You can't predict how the actual game will pan out

Nucky Thompson

I'm surprised the NFL haven't considered Germany for one of the games.

The NFL is huge over there and the majority of the fans in London this weekend were German

Back in the days of NFL Europe, Rhein Fire v Frankfurt Galaxy would attract 50-60k

34 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

To be fair, the game day experience and hosting was a huge success.

You can't predict how the actual game will pan out

This is where I am with it. 

Indy and Denver were shut out as well at the weekend...don't think either of those games were in London.

Sexton Hardcastle

Will be interesting to see if the fans stick with it. An expensive outing to London for what over the past few years have been poor games. The majority in attendance are legit fans but a number are just there for the sake of it and to take snapchats.

Hopefully they do try another city as you suggest.

The Eagles are starting to look legit. If only Wentz would get Jeffrey more targets...

I imagine Germany will be the next country to get an NFL game. Surprised it hasn't happened already tbh

42 minutes ago, KineticBeat said:

The Eagles are starting to look legit. If only Wentz would get Jeffrey more targets...

I imagine Germany will be the next country to get an NFL game. Surprised it hasn't happened already tbh

He's on another level just now, best QB in the league at the moment for me.

20 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Nice to see the raiders live on sky early game. Steelers lions should also be good.

For some, Bell will have an absolute field day against us.