**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

Can't believe I stayed up to watch that shit from the Dolphins. Luckily I grabbed an extra hour's sleep by packing it in when the first pick 6 was thrown.

Really not looking forward to seeing us on Prime-time again next Sunday night against the Raiders...no wonder we don't get shown on national TV very often.

• Replies 33.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

18 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

And I thought Moore was a good pickup this week. Another loss in the dynasty.

What's your team in the dynasty again?

Billywalsh's space is still going if anyone want's it? That's him showing inactive again.

23 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

And I thought Moore was a good pickup this week. Another loss in the dynasty.

I’ve always thought he was a decent backup. And while I always though kaepernick was totally overrated, the idea of him sitting idle while Matt Moore and Ryan mallet battle it out is ****ing ridiculous. 

32 minutes ago, Peebo said:

I’ve always thought he was a decent backup. And while I always though kaepernick was totally overrated, the idea of him sitting idle while Matt Moore and Ryan mallet battle it out is ****ing ridiculous. 

I'd take him over both Cutler and Moore at the Dolphins at the moment. I can understand why Gase wanted Cutler over Kaep after working with him in Chicago but, with the Dolphins OL, they would at least have more chance of looking like an  actual NFL offence if they had a QB who could run away from pressure sometimes.

13 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

I'd take him over both Cutler and Moore at the Dolphins at the moment. I can understand why Gase wanted Cutler over Kaep after working with him in Chicago but, with the Dolphins OL, they would at least have more chance of looking like an  actual NFL offence if they had a QB who could run away from pressure sometimes.

Yeah. There is no way that Kaepernick is not among the best 64 QBs right now, while not necessarily starter-caliber at many teams.

Sad indictment that teams won’t touch him, while happily employing ***** like Ray Lewis, Adrian Peterson, Elliot etc. etc..

Sexton Hardcastle
6 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

What's your team in the dynasty again?

Billywalsh's space is still going if anyone want's it? That's him showing inactive again.

Think I'm return of the Mack in both Fleaflicker set ups.

5 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

This Texans owner comments not going down well.

another interesting Sunday awaits.

For good reason too. Holy shit how tone deaf does one have to be to come out with something like that?

3 hours ago, Ugly American said:

For good reason too. Holy shit how tone deaf does one have to be to come out with something like that?

Pretty ****ing tone deaf. Not surprised, given where he leanings apparently lie (based on previous things he’s said and done).

What he said is indeed a figure of speech, that can be used perfectly innocently. At best, in the current climate, it could simply have been crassly insensitive. At worst, demonstrates how he really feels about the players, on various levels.

I’m embarrassed he’s the owner of my team (and not for the first time). 

8 hours ago, Peebo said:

Pretty ****ing tone deaf. Not surprised, given where he leanings apparently lie (based on previous things he’s said and done).

What he said is indeed a figure of speech, that can be used perfectly innocently. At best, in the current climate, it could simply have been crassly insensitive. At worst, demonstrates how he really feels about the players, on various levels.

I’m embarrassed he’s the owner of my team (and not for the first time). 

Well said.

Texans' year is shot because of the injuries to that defense. Spend the rest of the year grooming Watson. They've got a future MVP on their hands.

What a finish, Seahawks. Two excellent quarterbacks, there should be a rule aginst a team inj a game like that having to lose. Glad it was the Hawks that one though

5 minutes ago, Ugly American said:

Texans' year is shot because of the injuries to that defense. Spend the rest of the year grooming Watson. They've got a future MVP on their hands.

The poor secondary is nothing to do with injuries. Watson will play the season out because he’s the best QB we have (and looks like one of the best in the league), **** all to do with grooming him! 

Just now, Peebo said:

The poor secondary is nothing to do with injuries. Watson will play the season out because he’s the best QB we have (and looks like one of the best in the league), **** all to do with grooming him! 

tomayto tomahto. Guess what I'm saying is let him play but make an effort to keep him healthy, don't send him on naked bootlegs trying to bleed out a first down in a mid-season game.

The secondary certainly seems to be a problem but I'd say if the front seven is healthy that's a lot less of a problem.

5 minutes ago, Ugly American said:

tomayto tomahto. Guess what I'm saying is let him play but make an effort to keep him healthy, don't send him on naked bootlegs trying to bleed out a first down in a mid-season game.

The secondary certainly seems to be a problem but I'd say if the front seven is healthy that's a lot less of a problem.

Any team would miss Mercilus and Watt, but I don’t think that was decisive tonight. For example, Lamar Houston was excellent.

As for Watson, and the season in general, baffled by the apparent implication we should “make an effort to keep him healthy” at the expense of doing what is thought needed to win games. We are in mid-season now, and have a great chance of making the playoffs. 

13 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Any team would miss Mercilus and Watt, but I don’t think that was decisive tonight. For example, Lamar Houston was excellent.

As for Watson, and the season in general, baffled by the apparent implication we should “make an effort to keep him healthy” at the expense of doing what is thought needed to win games. We are in mid-season now, and have a great chance of making the playoffs. 

You have a great chance of making the playoffs, which I guess would be good experience for Watson, but get that defense healthy and get Watson next year with a season under his belt, and I maintain that's a Super Bowl team.

What a game last night. Texans are definitely now within a superbowl window. 

Guess who switched JuJu Smith-Schuster out for Jalen Richard at the last minute in the Dynasty League...

9 hours ago, Ugly American said:

You have a great chance of making the playoffs, which I guess would be good experience for Watson, but get that defense healthy and get Watson next year with a season under his belt, and I maintain that's a Super Bowl team.

I really don't get that train of thought.

The Texans have a chance NOW. Regardless of their injuries, they are still contending, no doubt about that.

Give up the season and then another spate of injuries follow next year? Sides like the Jags, Titans, Browns etc are always 'building for the future' and it's getting them nowhere. Whereas the Patriots are always in the here and now...

One team not contending is the Lions. Our O is so so so bad! Jim Bob Cooter is so effin predictable that I could call defensive plays against us and succeed!!

:seething:

Zach Miller's injury is somehow even more serious than it looked. Apparently has artery damage and surgeons are 'trying to save his leg'. 

4 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I really don't get that train of thought.

The Texans have a chance NOW. Regardless of their injuries, they are still contending, no doubt about that.

Give up the season and then another spate of injuries follow next year? Sides like the Jags, Titans, Browns etc are always 'building for the future' and it's getting them nowhere. Whereas the Patriots are always in the here and now...

Indeed! 

Struggling to remember a season where the Texans didn’t suffer major injuries to key players. Pretty sure every team is the same. 

1 minute ago, Peebo said:

Indeed! 

Struggling to remember a season where the Texans didn’t suffer major injuries to key players. Pretty sure every team is the same. 

That's it.

Patriots D hasn't been performing this year and they've just lost Hightower. Reckon Belichick will give up the season to preserve Brady for next season?

1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

That's it.

Patriots D hasn't been performing this year and they've just lost Hightower. Reckon Belichick will give up the season to preserve Brady for next season?

With Edelman on IR, I’m surprised they don’t just have him handing the ball off each snap. 

3 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Zach Miller's injury is somehow even more serious than it looked. Apparently has artery damage and surgeons are 'trying to save his leg'. 

It looked bad but that’s horrendous news. 

To add add to what others have said, that Texans-Seahawks game was tremendous. A proper shoot out. 

J.T.F.Robertson
7 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

One team not contending is the Lions. Our O is so so so bad! Jim Bob Cooter is so effin predictable that I could call defensive plays against us and succeed!!

:seething:

For a shit o-line your QB still managed to to chuck it for well over 400 yards and we barely laid a hand on him most of the game. Had it not been for that late, self-inflicted fumble and some outstanding goal-line defence you'd have won that game.

P.S. I was well impressed wih Stafford, didn't previously rate him that highly.

chuck berrys hairline
2 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

For a shit o-line your QB still managed to to chuck it for well over 400 yards and we barely laid a hand on him most of the game. Had it not been for that late, self-inflicted fumble and some outstanding goal-line defence you'd have won that game.

P.S. I was well impressed wih Stafford, didn't previously rate him that highly.

Sure I seen a stat before the game he's had 70 consecutive games without a 100 yard rusher beside him!

luckyBatistuta
2 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

3-5 now...choo choo :lol:

Definitely motoring now, its Halloween time too, everyone getting scared :sterb147:

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Be the usual scramble and interesting trade deals imminent in the fantasy leagues.

9 hours ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

49ers trade a 2018 second round pick for Garoppolo :o

Will be interesting to see how he does, overhyped from what we've seen of him so far...yes/no?

4 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Definitely motoring now, its Halloween time too, everyone getting scared :sterb147:

0-5 through the first 5 weeks, decent turnaround for sure and only 1 game behind the last 2 playoff spots.

With 6 spots up for grabs the last couple spaces could well be a losing record. 5 regular season games left, 3 wins takes me to 6-7...hopefully it's enough!

luckyBatistuta
24 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

0-5 through the first 5 weeks, decent turnaround for sure and only 1 game behind the last 2 playoff spots.

With 6 spots up for grabs the last couple spaces could well be a losing record. 5 regular season games left, 3 wins takes me to 6-7...hopefully it's enough!

It might be my spot you end up grabbing, now that I've lost Elliott, or have i :facepalm:

The rules are in place to protect the image of the NFL, but this is a total embarrassment, wish it would all just hurry up and get sorted one way or another. I'd like him to carry on playing, for my fantasy and just to watch his talent on the field, but I'd also like to see him emptied, because he's an erse and needs to learn he can't do whatever he likes and get away with it.

luckyBatistuta
On 30/10/2017 at 00:02, Ugly American said:

Why would you just chuck a season, which still has a great chance of ending up with a Super Bowl. There are no stand out teams, it's anybody's if they step up. I laughed when somebody earlier mentioned them for it, but they've definitely got a shot at it with him at QB, really impressed by him...so are the Browns supposedly :wallbash:

8 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Bye weeks a killer this week.

I play in an IDP dynasty.

I have 14 players out this week on bye.

Ajayi off to the Eagles, unsure what they get in return.

Edit - a fourth round pick, apparently.

Edited by Peebo