**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

Was into Jakes place (next to/patt of Belushis) week 1 and got redzone on the screen behind the bar and main game on other screens, good drinks and food options also

Clerks was rubbish

• Replies 33.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

luckyBatistuta

Here's hoping Brees doesn't do a Flacco like last week!

C'mon chuck, you shouldn't even be mentioning those two in the same sentence.

Sexton Hardcastle

Never watched the BBC coverage before but by Christ it's cringey.

Spending more time interviewing Tom Daley than focusing on the game. No wonder people don't tune in.

Never watched the BBC coverage before but by Christ it's cringey.

Spending more time interviewing Tom Daley than focusing on the game. No wonder people don't tune in.

It?s even worse than Sky?s coverage, and that?s saying something!

chuck berrys hairline

C'mon chuck, you shouldn't even be mentioning those two in the same sentence.

London curse looks like striking again!

Always satisfying to hand out the customary spanking to Tennessee, but particularly so this season given how much hype they have been getting.

Captain Sausage

Always satisfying to hand out the customary spanking to Tennessee, but particularly so this season given how much hype they have been getting.

Yep. Still angry about last week!

Yep. Still angry about last week!

Yup. That result could end up being decisive in terms of play off scheduling. Without the terrible officiating, the dream of avoiding at trip to Foxboro could have been more likely to become reality!

The NFL Game Pass this season seems to operate about as well as Hearts TV International did a couple of years back. A total shambles!

Watt-Zeefuik

I'm not watching much NFL these days but the Panthers rolling over New England's defense in Foxboro and getting the W still warms the deepest part of my heart. Peppers sacking Brady twice is also just delicious.

In other news I think the Texans are going to win the Super Bowl.  I still have no idea how the hell Watson fell to 12th in the draft, but good for him, because he walked into a team with everything but a quarterback.

Nice to see the Iggles doing well too.

Walter Payton

The NFL Game Pass this season seems to operate about as well as Hearts TV International did a couple of years back. A total shambles!

What was wrong with it? I watched the London game as well as the Cowboys Rams game without any issues. 

What was wrong with it? I watched the London game as well as the Cowboys Rams game without any issues.

The iPhone App wasn?t working. Game coverage simply not starting when selecting the stream. Judging by twitter, loads with same issue.

In previous weeks, I?ve been casting from phone to Apple TV unit, but the feed keeps dropping. I?ve ended up using my laptop - gamepass through the browser, then hdmi lead to connect to TV. Stable feed, but a pain.

Hardly the slick experience I?ve had the last couple of seasons, and certainly a huge step back under the new provider.

luckyBatistuta

I'm not watching much NFL these days but the Panthers rolling over New England's defense in Foxboro and getting the W still warms the deepest part of my heart. Peppers sacking Brady twice is also just delicious.

In other news I think the Texans are going to win the Super Bowl.  I still have no idea how the hell Watson fell to 12th in the draft, but good for him, because he walked into a team with everything but a quarterback.

Nice to see the Iggles doing well too.

Your right, you haven't been watching much NFL these days if you think the Texans will win the Super Bowl.

Looks like Dalvin Cook is done with an ACL tear.

Just heading home from London, **** was that game all about? An absolute shit fest!

Saints shut out and another win. Happy with that.

Great time in London!

Sexton Hardcastle

On the poor game pass performance, I liked how a few people online found out the firm that created/manage it had been putting fake reviews in the App Store. When this has been posted to NFL game pass on twitter they completely ignore it. Hopefully they get in some bother for it.

On the poor game pass performance, I liked how a few people online found out the firm that created/manage it had been putting fake reviews in the App Store. When this has been posted to NFL game pass on twitter they completely ignore it. Hopefully they get in some bother for it.

Yeah, saw that. Absolutely comedy.

Which I could say I wouldn?t renew next year, but it?s only real avenue I have of watching all the Texans games.

luckyBatistuta

I've only just signed up to GamePass and already had to contact them about getting kicked out of games. Today it was saying that I couldn't watch a game unless I sign up to GamePass...wtf!!! I've got the premium one. I still however love it already, sat watching game after game after game today.

The only reason that I was watching them today was because I was late home and couldn't watch them live, first time this season so far that I haven't. I really wish I had though, as I might have enjoyed the decision I would have made when I got my offer to the following...

IMG_3588.jpg

:facepalm:

luckyBatistuta

Who is billywalsh who has the teams Odell's Kitchen and Game of Throw-Ins, he's not even got a kicker playing against me. He's also playing Darren Sproles in the other league and he's out for the season. His name is greyed out and if you click on it, it says he's been inactive for 4 weeks now...has he jacked it in?

Who is billywalsh who has the teams Odell's Kitchen and Game of Throw-Ins, he's not even got a kicker playing against me. He's also playing Darren Sproles in the other league and he's out for the season. His name is greyed out and if you click on it, it says he's been inactive for 4 weeks now...has he jacked it in?

I've noticed that too - unsure what to do, especially from the dynasty point of view.

luckyBatistuta

I've no idea how a team containing Dak, Murray, Gillislee, Evans, Hopkins, Bailey and Chiefs is 0-4 :lol:

It's crazy how it unfolds, although that's the beauty of it. I've scored the highest amount of points so far in the KickbackBowl and yet I'm sitting with a 50% record.

Totally made an erse of it this week though. Thought I'd pick up the Bengals D and let them loose against Cleveland...it only cost me the match :facepalm:

I've no idea how a team containing Dak, Murray, Gillislee, Evans, Hopkins, Bailey and Chiefs is 0-4 :lol:

I'm having a mare in the dynasty. I must have one of the worst coach ratings in the league as my I'm way off my optimum 11 every week. If I was I think I'd be 3-1 or 4-0 now instead of 1-3. 

My 3RBs rushing for less than 100 yards combined didn't help me this week either tbf

J.T.F.Robertson

That was abysmal today.

Three trips early doors to the red zone - 3 field goals.

5 (five) ints from Ben.

Defence could barely stop me if I was running the ball.

Next week at KC.

The week after, the wife and I are heading down there for the Cincinnati game.

Other than all that, I'm not overly concerned. :(

luckyBatistuta

That was abysmal today.

Three trips early doors to the red zone - 3 field goals.

5 (five) ints from Ben.

Defence could barely stop me if I was running the ball.

Next week at KC.

The week after, the wife and I are heading down there for the Cincinnati game.

Other than all that, I'm not overly concerned. :(

No danger we'll be seeing Ben next season, in fact we might not see him last this season.

Chiefs look the business.

Some brutal results/scores in terms of betting.

Got my handicap bet up. Four teams on the +s and one minus. All actually won their games.

Everyone getting a 20% discount on their GamePass sub price. Doesn’t really make up for it for me, but will be a very costly gesture from the provider. 

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, Peebo said:

Everyone getting a 20% discount on their GamePass sub price. Doesn’t really make up for it for me, but will be a very costly gesture from the provider. 

I'm quite happy with getting that, as it's been not too bad on the pc. On the app on my iPad and AFTV box, it's a whole different experience. Every time I go back to it, I've got to shut it down, or reset it, sometimes even have to do this three or four times. The app is definitely needing sorted...poor.

On 10/9/2017 at 1:42 AM, Peebo said:

Now JJ Watt breaks his leg, and done for another season. ****ing horrendous luck for him.

Yep.  No chance on my Texans Super Bowl prediction now of course.

luckyBatistuta
21 minutes ago, Ugly American said:

Yep.  No chance on my Texans Super Bowl prediction now of course.

Ever the comedian UA. 

It is however a real shame for the guy, hope he's back playing asap. Too good a player to be sitting on the sidelines.

49 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Ever the comedian UA. 

It is however a real shame for the guy, hope he's back playing asap. Too good a player to be sitting on the sidelines.

I wasn't kidding when I made it, but that was predicated on the Texans defense and running game getting Watson added to the mix.

Watson will be a top 5 quarterback very soon.

3 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I'm quite happy with getting that, as it's been not too bad on the pc. On the app on my iPad and AFTV box, it's a whole different experience. Every time I go back to it, I've got to shut it down, or reset it, sometimes even have to do this three or four times. The app is definitely needing sorted...poor.

I usually watch on the pc too, so not had too many problems, although I had problems getting logged in on Sunday. A 20% refund is a decent gesture though...as long as they sort out the problems for the rest of the season.

J.T.F.Robertson
On Sunday, October 08, 2017 at 5:34 PM, luckyBatistuta said:

No danger we'll be seeing Ben next season, in fact we might not see him last this season.

I'm obviously hoping it was just a reaction to a horrible performance, though I agree about after this year. He hasn't looked the same even going back to parts of last season and I'm wondering if the "hunger" is still there.

luckyBatistuta
21 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

I'm obviously hoping it was just a reaction to a horrible performance, though I agree about after this year. He hasn't looked the same even going back to parts of last season and I'm wondering if the "hunger" is still there.

Yeah, he looks way off. I've just dropped him to my bench in favour of Jacoby Brissett...wtf!!!

Edited by luckyBatistuta

A rules question...

If a defensive team intercepts a pass...are they allowed to pass forward from the hand? And if so, anywhere? Or only up to the line of scrimmage?