**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

What a cracking game to start the season...who's the favourites for Super Bowl champs now then :lol:

Tyreek Hill looking like he's going to be every bit as dangerous as last season, although he hobbled out of the game injured.

Kareem Hunt had the worst possible start to his NFL career with a fumble, but then went on to show how big a star he's going to be in this game... 47.6 points in ppr fantasy, take a bow son...INCREDIBLE!!!

Is this the start of 'The Curse of Madden'

Passing...CP/AT...YDS...TD...INT

T. Brady...16/36...267...0...0

Oh, and the Patriots perfect season :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I've got Kareem Hunt in one of my leagues- but left him on the bench. I'm 50 points ahead with the other guy having 3 still to play (C J Anderson, Melvin Gordon and Vikings D) so I'm hoping I should be fine but I could have had this one in the bag already :(

• Replies 33.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

luckyBatistuta

I had no issues using the SM links, but only once I used a Dutch VPN.

It was all the early games I had a problem with, but watched the Packers then the Cowboys games flawlessly.

I've got Kareem Hunt in one of my leagues- but left him on the bench. I'm 50 points ahead with the other guy having 3 still to play (C J Anderson, Melvin Gordon and Vikings D) so I'm hoping I should be fine but I could have had this one in the bag already :(

Think everyone would be saying something similar every week, I left two 24pts on my bench, but that's fantasy. You should be fine though, I'm 8pts behind with Dalvin Cook still to play, but KineticBeat has still got Michael Thomas, not looking good for me.

luckyBatistuta

I used SM for Red Zone last night and had no issues at all.

My Redzone was fine too, just all the individual games were buffering on mine. I prefer to pick a game and watch the whole thing. Redzone is really good, but it's just not the same as watching an actual game, where you get the real drama of both teams slugging it out and the drama unfolding. I think it's one of many reasons people aren't watching as much NFL these days. It's all fantasy football and Redzone, it's a more detached experience imo.

chuck berrys hairline

I thought the only thing missing is the extra content stuff?

Save your cash mate plenty free sites. I use cricfree or www.goATDee.net ;)

chuck berrys hairline

Yeah get all the games even college football is covered. NFL network is on it and need adblocker I think aswell. I use my PS3 only to stream works wonders lol

Nevermind the weekly highlights had moved onto last year's on YouTube

:lol:

What an idiot..

Edited by King prawn

luckyBatistuta

You know it!

Long season ahead for you!

Knew it was going to start bad, but not that bad. Still no indication when Luck will be back, think Marlon Mack is going to be a very big player for us going forward.

Knew it was going to start bad, but not that bad. Still no indication when Luck will be back, think Marlon Mack is going to be a very big player for us going forward.

For his own safety he's better off not appearing behind that OL of yours :lol:

luckyBatistuta

For his own safety he's better off not appearing behind that OL of yours :lol:

The crazy thing is, your right. They just can't protect the QB, grim times for the Colts.

My Redzone was fine too, just all the individual games were buffering on mine. I prefer to pick a game and watch the whole thing. Redzone is really good, but it's just not the same as watching an actual game, where you get the real drama of both teams slugging it out and the drama unfolding. I think it's one of many reasons people aren't watching as much NFL these days. It's all fantasy football and Redzone, it's a more detached experience imo.

All depends if you are watching for entertainment, or watching for sport. The problem for sports re the former is that there is always something that comes along that is more entertaining!

Sexton Hardcastle

Pretty good fantasy week. Out of the 11 formats I play I only dropped one. Had a couple of nice draft king double ups as well.

One loss was a Fleaflicker.

Just like that my no1 pick Johnson injured!!

Me too, and I've got Allen Robinson as well. My fantasy football teams are like a virtual voodoo doll.

Lost in both my KB leagues.

Hounded in the Dynasty league, which was expected but my bench seems to have outperformed my starters in most cases. Lost by 0.9 points in the other league, should have started Blount instead of Hyde!

Despite getting the win in the league with my mates, it's been a shocking start.

Newton possibly ruled out so I go grab Palmer as back up and drop Golladay.

Newton plays, meaning it was pointless getting Palmer.

Golladay scores 20 points.

My first overall pick is potentially lost for the year.

The guy I was swithering over dropping instead of Golladay (White) goes down for the year.

If I'd lost I'd have been guaranteed to get Golladay back. Instead I win and now sitting 7th in the waivers, meaning I've now no chance of getting Golladay back.

:lol:

**** sake. Cushing suspended for 10 games for PEDs.

Not the first time he has been caught.

Am I remembering him correctly as the guy that was a total dick on Hard Knocks a few years back?

Sexton Hardcastle

Seems like a shabby game last night. AJ must feel pretty wasted in cincy. Glad I had no fantasy players across the board last night.

Sexton Hardcastle

See Isaiah Wright from last chance u has been charged with a murder this week.

Obviously things didn't pan out well for him. Had a mrs and a kid on the way I think?

Seems like a shabby game last night. AJ must feel pretty wasted in cincy. Glad I had no fantasy players across the board last night.

Two bad, bad teams!

I had the Texans D, and I'm glad that was the only interest I had in last night's game!

A turgid affair, but an important win for the Texans.

One of the Bengals players was caught on camera saying they had lost to the worst team in the NFL. I'm sure sour grapes played a large part in that. Also need to factor injuries to multiple starters who had played in the capitulation to the Jags.

However, I've seen a few other articles today which have suggested Houston are (along with the Bengals) indeed one of the worst teams in the NFL. Bit hasty to make that judgement, I'd reckon. Arguably the best defensive player has returned to boost statistically the best defence. A mobile quarterback has been added to a team desperate for a mobile quarterback. The team made the divisional round of the playoffs last year.

Bit early to say they are now one of the worst in the league, I reckon.

Why, why, why when there are 32 teams in the NFL. THIRTY TWO! Did I choose Cincinnati ? It's like watching West Ham and the New York Mets at the same bleedin time. Just once I'd like to pick a team who actually win stuff. I can't change now I'm in too deep. I love LA, I've been there twice, I could have the Rams or the Chargers. I love New York. I could have had The Giants or the Je...Well maybe not the Jets but no. I pick Cincinnati and the ginger dwarf. Aaaaaaarrggghhhh!

Why, why, why when there are 32 teams in the NFL. THIRTY TWO! Did I choose Cincinnati ? It's like watching West Ham and the New York Mets at the same bleedin time. Just once I'd like to pick a team who actually win stuff. I can't change now I'm in too deep. I love LA, I've been there twice, I could have the Rams or the Chargers. I love New York. I could have had The Giants or the Je...Well maybe not the Jets but no. I pick Cincinnati and the ginger dwarf. Aaaaaaarrggghhhh!

To be fair, not many of them would be much of an upgrade :lol:

Over the last decade, they have been regulars on the playoffs, albeit not getting past the wild card round. You could have picked worse.

Not sure how deep you could get in if it's just a team you've randomly picked, though?!? And unless you've been to LA twice in the last couple of weeks, picking the Rams or Chargers wouldn't have made much sense...

Sexton Hardcastle

As tough as it is following a losing side, when or rather if they get it right it makes it so much sweeter.

I can vouch following raiders for the past decade or more. Been some horrible seasons, drafts, players and coaches. Now they finally look like they could be a challenging team for the next several years. I'm sure there will be plenty bandwagon fans as there has been with the patriots, packers, giants etc but that's unavoidable. They won't get the same sense after a victory.

luckyBatistuta

Just signed up to GamePass, loving it already. So easy to jump from game to game, two games playing side by side if you want and the quality is superb.

chuck berrys hairline

Cowboys-Broncos suspended due to weather for an hour. Alot riding in this game in my fantasy matchup. What happens if games cancelled?

Cowboys-Broncos suspended due to weather for an hour. Alot riding in this game in my fantasy matchup. What happens if games cancelled?

I can't recall a game being abandoned in recent years. Presumably if it did happen, the fantasy points accrued to the point of abandonment would count. I would imagine it would be covered in the small print of the rules of whatever league you play in.

luckyBatistuta

******* superb from Gurley.

Looking forward to watching it on my nice new GamePass :smile:

Do you know how to download games on to your tablet, so that you can watch them whilst out and about, will save eating up my data on my iPad.

Looking forward to watching it on my nice new GamePass :smile:

Do you know how to download games on to your tablet, so that you can watch them whilst out and about, will save eating up my data on my iPad.

Nah. My iPad is old, and the new gamepass app only works with the newer operating system. Likewise, won't work with my older generation Apple TV. Only works with my phone. Quite irritated about that.

To answer your question, I haven't tried, but it looks straightforward.

luckyBatistuta

Nah. My iPad is old, and the new gamepass app only works with the newer operating system. Likewise, won't work with my older generation Apple TV. Only works with my phone. Quite irritated about that.

To answer your question, I haven't tried, but it looks straightforward.

Cheers bud, I'll figure it out. Did notice when I downloaded the app that it only got 1 star on the reviews and most folk saying that they've messed it up. Was all set to watch the Cowboys v Broncos and it says I can't watch it, not happy about that having paid ?139.99. Now watching that game back on my Sportsmania again.

Bridge of Djoum

Chris Thompson what a sleeper I've found!

Great pick up.

I got a tip off about Kareem Hunt, drafted him on my 6th pick.

In our PPR league, he scored 55 points last week, 28 this week. I have Leveon Bell as my other starting RB. 

Cheers bud, I'll figure it out. Did notice when I downloaded the app that it only got 1 star on the reviews and most folk saying that they've messed it up. Was all set to watch the Cowboys v Broncos and it says I can't watch it, not happy about that having paid ?139.99. Now watching that game back on my Sportsmania again.

Yeah, if it's a game that's live on sky, it's not available live on gamepass. Which is shit, and not really that clearly advertised. Thankfully, I rarely have to worry about that for the Texans games!