**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

Absolute masterclass by Aaron Rodgers. A joy to watch. Poetry in motion.

Oh and Go Pack Go!

Exactly that! And that's why the Pack will go onto the Superbowl as NFC Champs

• Replies 33.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

chuck berrys hairline

Chargers owner telling the team today that they're relocating to LA. Does the place need two teams and will they lose many fans if they change the name from SD to LA. Americans aren't normally as sentimentAl as us when it comes to name changes :laugh:

Chargers owner telling the team today that they're relocating to LA. Does the place need two teams and will they lose many fans if they change the name from SD to LA. Americans aren't normally as sentimentAl as us when it comes to name changes :laugh:

Not sure if changing that part of the name will itself mean they lose fans; the change in the location might, though!

They have been trying for ages to get agreement to build a new stadium in the San Diego area without success. The locals voted the latest proposal down on Election Day in November.

Seems strange that LA will quite quickly go from having no teams to having two (again).

Hopefully it gives the Oakland people a kick up the arse as Vegas seems a done deal just about.

I'm still surprised Vegas is seen as a viable market for a NFL team. There doesn't seem to be much of a catchment area for fans.

I'm still surprised Vegas is seen as a viable market for a NFL team. There doesn't seem to be much of a catchment area for fans.

I think they're banking on visiting crowds.

I.e. if you're a Giants fan for example and you're doing 1 away game, then the chances are they'll fancy a trip to Vegas over the rest.

I think they're banking on visiting crowds.

I.e. if you're a Giants fan for example and you're doing 1 away game, then the chances are they'll fancy a trip to Vegas over the rest.

Bold strategy for a permanent team.

Bold strategy for a permanent team.

Indeed. But as you say, there's no great catchment area so unless they're banking on opposition fans and general visitors to Vegas I don't see how they can be sustained on home support.

Time will tell I guess.

Sexton Hardcastle

The figures behind the move are crazy. Surely could have got a stadium for that kind of cash.

And he new logo....wow.

The figures behind the move are crazy. Surely could have got a stadium for that kind of cash.

And he new logo....wow.

Someone probably got paid a lot of money to come up with it as well

Seymour M Hersh

The Chargers were my team. No longer though. Lived in the city for a number of years and grew to love the bolts. Spanos makes Vlad look like Ann Budge he's that pathetic. Want the tax payers of SD to pay for his new stadium even although they are billionaires.  Managing to find $650 million to pay the NFL for relocating the team though. 33 years that family have owned the team yet only 12 winning seasons. Utterly pathetic. 

Sexton Hardcastle

Chargers claiming that's not the real logo. It was just for marketing.

What a horrible day they've had. Browns get a day off.

Predictions for this weekend?

Think I'm going for Patriots, Steelers, Cowboys and Falcons. 

Should (hopefully) be much closer this weekend in at least 3 of the match-ups!

I'm all in on the defence!

Houston

Kansas City

Seahawks

Dallas

Only plumping for Houston as they'd be one more win away from me banking at least ?200!

Houston (I can only dream...)

Kansas

Seahawks

Green Bay (if we get the inevitable pumping, these guys better do the recent thing)

Anyone else bought their Season Tickets for the London 2017 games?

I'm getting a bit pissed of with the ticket sales thing. They're really trying to pump the ST sales at the same time as saying how cheap it is to attend and how they're making it so accessible. Maybe if you live in London aye, but that's a lot of expense to travel down from elsewhere in the UK a couple of times in 8 days or whatever and with at least 1 night stay each time.

Got a feeling the single match ticket folk like myself will be scrambling around for leftovers.

Edited by Sooperstar

I'm getting a bit pissed of with the ticket sales thing. They're really trying to pump the ST sales at the same time as saying how cheap it is to attend and how they're making it so accessible. Maybe if you live in London aye, but that's a lot of expense to travel down from elsewhere in the UK 4 times in 6 weeks or whatever and with at least 1 night stay each time.

Got a feeling the single match ticket folk like myself will be scrambling around for leftovers.

They're always going to try and drive season ticket sales though. They're never going to take it around the UK either, they're trying to build a London franchise.

They're always going to try and drive season ticket sales though. They're never going to take it around the UK either, they're trying to build a London franchise.

Yeah, so don't do that whilst extolling the virtues of how great value this is for 'UK' fans.

Yeah, so don't do that whilst extolling the virtues of how great value this is for 'UK' fans.

Granted it's not ideal for us in the North but it is great value for those both in London and within a couple hours of London - which is basically from Leeds South.

Games will (I believe) also be later kickoffs this year, which will (again, I believe) out people off, particularly from outwith London.

Games will (I believe) also be later kickoffs this year, which will (again, I believe) out people off, particularly from outwith London.

Yep, games almost certain to be 6pm kick offs this year, so you're not getting home after it if you live outside London.

Yep, games almost certain to be 6pm kick offs this year, so you're not getting home after it if you live outside London.

And quite frankly, if I am going to London for a NFL game and staying overnight after it, I wouldn't want the evening to be spent at the actual game!

And quite frankly, if I am going to London for a NFL game and staying overnight after it, I wouldn't want the evening to be spent at the actual game!

Mixed feelings on it myself. We go.down for two nights so always have the night out before anyway. That has mainly been so that we don't have the hassle of having to drop bags off somewhere before heading to the game and also means we can get the the tailgate area nice and early. The later kick offs open up the possibility of just going for the one night but I doubt we'll change our approach.

Mixed feelings on it myself. We go.down for two nights so always have the night out before anyway. That has mainly been so that we don't have the hassle of having to drop bags off somewhere before heading to the game and also means we can get the the tailgate area nice and early. The later kick offs open up the possibility of just going for the one night but I doubt we'll change our approach.

True. Opens up possibility of doing other stuff on the day of the game.

The Chiefs game on Sunday has been moved later, due to a forecast storm. Which is shit, as now starting about 1am here :(

J.T.F.Robertson

I prefer the way it's worked. If nothing else, we'll be in it for a few more hours. :)

Will be brutal conditions, I'd imagine.

Edited by J.T.F.Robertson

Great return from Hester, even if it was negated!

Looks like this could be last ever game at the Georgia Dome. Ludacris will be gutted.

34 year old punt returner carrying a team. Madness.

Incidentally, the NCAA championship was a barn-burner.  Catch the highlights if you can. Two lineups stocked with future NFLers.

J.T.F.Robertson

If the Texans' offence was even close to their defence they would win this game. They have Brady second guessing here. Certainly giving them something to think about.

Well beaten by the best team in the league. Decent performance in large parts, though. Had Fuller caught that near the end of the third, it could have been game on again.

Offense pretty shite again this season, and again not just all down to the quarterback.

Anyone but Dallas...

Watched the highlights. Osweiler seemed to play pretty well for the most part. That third interception in the 2nd half was a shocker but understandable when so far behind and not much time left on the clock. Risks needed to be taken.

Hope someone can give Patriots a game at some point.

Watched the highlights. Osweiler seemed to play pretty well for the most part. That third interception in the 2nd half was a shocker but understandable when so far behind and not much time left on the clock. Risks needed to be taken.

Hope someone can give Patriots a game at some point.

It did look bad. Almost lasered straight to the Patriot guy. However, on replay, looks like it went to exactly where Fiedorowicz should have been - he just looked slow getting there.

That said, there were the usual dreadful throws. The one to Fuller was a great pass, though. Fuller couldn't have asked for one better to catch. But he didn't manage it, somehow.

Edited by Peebo