• Replies 33.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

What fairway woods do you all have? Looking at getting myself a new one as the one I have is old and battered and I feel I've not spent enough this month :lol:

Looking at a Titleist 915F, Callaway Great Big Bertha or a Mizuno JPX850.

Savage out with concussion for the Texans. That could see half of the teams in the AFC playoffs without their starting QB.

Placid Casual

Yaaaaaaassssssssssss!!!

:) Packers and Lions fans celebrating that pick big time. Quite surprised how meek the Redskins were. I've been cursing Eli Manning all night too.

:) Packers and Lions fans celebrating that pick big time. Quite surprised how meek the Redskins were. I've been cursing Eli Manning all night too.

Good game last night as well, watched the condensed game this morning.

Rodgers the difference once again. MVP.

Sexton Hardcastle

Looks like Connor cook will get the start this week in Houston. Probably the only game which is a coin toss. All others look like solid home wins.

Looks like Connor cook will get the start this week in Houston. Probably the only game which is a coin toss. All others look like solid home wins.

**** off Sexton. Fins up.

Sexton Hardcastle

Certainly wouldn't put any kind of money for them to win in Pittsburgh.

Rose bowl been a great game so far. Hope penn state can keep in it. Start to the second half just what they needed.

How do we all see the playoffs going this weekend then?

Raiders @ Texans - Despite the Texans defence being solid, their home form outstanding and with Cook at QB for the Raiders, I actually fancy the Raiders to win this. Will be close.

Seahawks @ Lions - Staffords gammy finger isn't helping, and with shonky form, I can see the Seahawks winning this by a TD at least.

Steelers @ Dolphins - I'm sure the Fins on Kickback will disagree, but with Big Ben, Brown and Bell, I can't see anything other than a Steelers win. I don't think Ajayi will have the career day he requires.

Giants @ Packers - The hardest one for me to predict. Manning against a shambolic secondary should move the chains well with OBJ. Rodgers being Rodgers means at least 20 points, despite the vastly improved Giants defence from the first meeting. I'll go for the Packers through blind loyalty. Even got a new Packers scarf as a gift from friends in Cincinatti that I'll be donning on Sunday night.

What's your predictions?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I'm going Texans Seahawks Steelers Packers

Would like the Raiders to progress but think home field advantage will be the thing that swings it for the Texans

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Texans - Superbowl bet aside, I fancy the Titans to win in a low scoring affair.

Lions - Well...I've got to eh! But in all seriousness, out of the possible opponents, I'm glad we're playing the Seahawks. Don't get me wrong, we're the weakest playoff side in the NFC so to stand any sort of chance we need our D and Zenner to have career games.

Steelers - They're at home so they should win. Staggering the difference in Big Ben when he plays at home vs playing away.

Giants - Despite running the table, the Packers still aren't a great side. If the Giants D can step up they should win this one.

Four homes.

I'm pretty biased, but as shite as the Texans offense is, I cannot see the Raiders winning given their QB situation and our best-in-league defence. Plus the massive home field advantage.

If I had to pick one upset, it would be the Dolphins.

Edited by Peebo

Sexton Hardcastle

Texans/raiders is a coin toss. Should be low scoring and depends which defence can make the plays. If Mack/Irvin can get going early that could edge it but they don't tend to until late stages of the game. Raiders also need to find a run game unless they plan again on doing short passes to the backs like they did in the Mexico City game. Hoping a late seabass FG will take them to foxborough for the inevitable loss.

Of the other three games I'll say comfortable for Seattle and steelers but if Eli doesn't make stupid mistakes then that could be pretty tight. Green Bay secondary is dreadful let alone vs OBJ. Hard to pick against Rodgers on current form and at home.

Raiders/Seattle/steelers/Giants

Edited by Sexton Hardcastle

Donald Penn now out for the raiders. Another gift for the Texans and Clowney.

Saw that. More good news. Just need to get my mates kitted out with laser pens to give Cook the treatment Osweiler got in the DF, and we should be sorted!

You would be better targeting the Oakland DBs with laser pens to assist Brock!

Lasers in Osweilers eyes couldn't really make him much worse, to be fair.

Placid Casual

Looking forward to this. Made no plans for the next three weekends!

Despite Rodgers' outstanding form, I'm worried for the Packers against the Giants. The Giants will not lack confidence going to Lambeau and McAdoo knows Rodgers inside out. Hope that I am wrong... and Eli Manning has another stinker.

Hard to call Raiders @ Texans. Steelers and Seahawks for me (sorry Liam).

Edited by Placid Casual

Looking forward to this. Made no plans for the next three weekends!

Despite Rodgers' outstanding form, I'm worried for the Packers against the Giants. The Giants will not lack confidence going to Lambeau and McAdoo knows Rodgers inside out. Hope that I am wrong... and Eli Manning has another stinker.

Hard to call Raiders @ Texans. Steelers and Seahawks for me (sorry Liam).

Don't worry about it, I know myself that Seattle are the NAP of the wildcard.

Sexton Hardcastle

Mario Edwards the next likely casualty. Running out of players here.

Praying Mack has a monster game and gives Oakland a chance.

Mario Edwards the next likely casualty. Running out of players here.

Praying Mack has a monster game and gives Oakland a chance.

Stars certainly aligning in our favour! Don't know about making, but this game could break Osweiler's career. Defeat would probably see the end of O'Brien in Houston.

Sexton Hardcastle

He needs to repay some of that ridiculous contract.

Bold prediction raiders backs combine for over 150 yards and there's at least 3 turnovers.

Sexton Hardcastle

Got to consider mcgloin if he is healthy enough. Cool just isn't on the same page.

If Crabtree had made that dropped pass this could be a much different result at the half but overall there can be little complaints. All Texans.

Cook really struggling. Osweiler actually playing well. Clowney is tremendous.

Still all to play for, though. Prime time NFL games have an uncanny knack of going to the wire...

Only way this goes anywhere other than a blow out is if Brock throws some awful picks.

Not sure how often O'Brien will let him throw it.

The Raiders will feel their excellent season deserved better. They will be challenging next year.

From Texans perspective, excellent performance. Osweiler did well. Defence dominant, and that can't just be put down to a novice QB. Even without arguably the best defensive player in the league, the defence has been the best in the league, and they did very well tonight. Clowney now justifying the hype and number one pick. Either team in the next round will be incredibly hard, and I'm sure the Texans will continue to be written off, but the defence will be the toughest any of the other teams face in the playoffs.

Come on the Dolphins!

The Raiders will feel their excellent season deserved better. They will be challenging next year.

From Texans perspective, excellent performance. Osweiler did well. Defence dominant, and that can't just be put down to a novice QB. Even without arguably the best defensive player in the league, the defence has been the best in the league, and they did very well tonight. Clowney now justifying the hype and number one pick. Either team in the next round will be incredibly hard, and I'm sure the Texans will continue to be written off, but the defence will be the toughest any of the other teams face in the playoffs.

Come on the Dolphins!

Texans journey ends in the next game regardless who wins between Fins and Steelers. Any other division and they'd have been nowhere near the playoffs.

Placid Casual

Come on the Dolphins!

How you feeling about the Dolphins? Think it will be a close one. Edited by Placid Casual

Texans journey ends in the next game regardless who wins between Fins and Steelers. Any other division and they'd have been nowhere near the playoffs.

We'd have no chance against the Patriots. While we would be heavy underdogs against the Chiefs, we've beaten them already this season. So did the Titans, another team from the shite AFC South.

It's correct that that is one of the weakest divisions. But there were a couple of others which were also poor. Texans schedule not helped though, of course, by winning the division the previous season. Best defence in the NFL, and there are worse teams, I think, in the playoffs. If Miami and Detroit could get into the post season from other divisions, I'm sure the Texans could have given it a good shot if they had the same schedules as afforded by being out the running in 2015.

How you feeling about the Dolphins? Think it will be a close one.

As I said earlier, of the four games, I fancied the home favourites in all. But if there was to be an upset, I fancied the Dolphins. Not sure why. If they can get the run game going again, they could frustrate the Steelers.

Placid Casual

We'd have no chance against the Patriots. While we would be heavy underdogs against the Chiefs, we've beaten them already this season. So did the Titans, another team from the shite AFC South.

It's correct that that is one of the weakest divisions. But there were a couple of others which were also poor. Texans schedule not helped though, of course, by winning the division the previous season. Best defence in the NFL, and there are worse teams, I think, in the playoffs. If Miami and Detroit could get into the post season from other divisions, I'm sure the Texans could have given it a good shot if they had the same schedules as afforded by being out the running in 2015.

I can understand why the Texans took a gamble on Osweiler. I wonder what their next move will be next season? As you say, you have an outstanding defence. Maybe give Osweiler one more year?

Edited by Placid Casual

I can understand why the Texans took a gamble on Osweiler, but I wonder what their next move will now be? As you say, you have an outstanding defence.

Osweiler will keep his place for the next round. Deservedly so. He'd lost the starting job, then through injury almost immediately got another chance. He did OK against the Titans (in a meaningless game) and played well tonight.

Next season, who knows...O'Brien was a goner if we lost tonight, I think, but will probably stay now. Osweiler is costing about $15m regardless next season, so he'll still be there. Will probably draft another, if only for competition.

Osweiler has looked awful on many occasions, and it's easy to forget that Denver also offered him a huge contract to stay there. So they obviously rated him too.

Shame for Savage. I still think he could have been the one we have been so desperately looking for the last few years. However, it's just been one injury after another.

J.T.F.Robertson

Come on the Dolphins!

Booooooo!

I thought Osweiler was very average. Your defence is good but I doubt you can disregard the fact it was a 3rd string QB you were up against.

Always had a "dislike" for the Raiders (a historical thing) but it's criminal the things that have gone against them in the past couple of weeks. They will be a force next year.

Edited by J.T.F.Robertson

Placid Casual

Osweiler will keep his place for the next round. Deservedly so. He'd lost the starting job, then through injury almost immediately got another chance. He did OK against the Titans (in a meaningless game) and played well tonight.

Next season, who knows...O'Brien was a goner if we lost tonight, I think, but will probably stay now. Osweiler is costing about $15m regardless next season, so he'll still be there. Will probably draft another, if only for competition.

Osweiler has looked awful on many occasions, and it's easy to forget that Denver also offered him a huge contract to stay there. So they obviously rated him too.

Shame for Savage. I still think he could have been the one we have been so desperately looking for the last few years. However, it's just been one injury after another.

Yes, Denver's contract offer was only a little shorter (relatively) than what the Texans offered. And there's not many good QB options around these days!

Edited by Placid Casual

Booooooo!

I thought Osweiler was very average. Your defence is good but I doubt you can disregard the fact it was a 3rd string QB you were up against.

I'm not sure anyone is disregarding that. I'm certainly not.

As for Osweiler being average, that counts as an improvement and him doing well, in my book!

Amazing catch by Richardson there. Seahawks looking good.

You mean the catch where he used the face mask for leverage?

Terrible officiating last night.

Placid Casual

You mean the catch where he used the face mask for leverage?

Terrible officiating last night.

Just watched it back again. You're right, missed that last night (tbf I had been in the pub all night). Officials shouldn't have though, very poor.

Just watched it back again. You're right, missed that last night (tbf I had been in the pub all night). Officials shouldn't have though, very poor.

There were around 4 or 5 brutal calls or non-calls during the game.

Probably wouldn't have made any difference but if they had given the facemask it would have been a field goal try and tied 6-6 going into the 4th.

Reality is though, we couldn't cope with Rawls and had no run game of our own.