• blondejamtart

• Beats

• davemclaren

Toxteth O'Grady
I dont even like Bing Crosby now ...

He is a snow loving to55er.

The novelty has worn off.

We are past the equinox now.

I can say from my return journey home today; penicuik wasnt snowing when I left but took a lot of digging car out to leave the place. No snow all the way up A9 until Aviemore then heavy snow all the way from there to Ullapool

portobellojambo1

Been chucking it down in Gorgie for about 30 minutes. Gets so eerily quiet outside when it snows for some reason.

heartsfc_fan

It's been on and off for the last 2 hours here.

Better not be too bad. I have to take the car to get MOT'ed in the morning at 8am (zzzz!) better not be snowed in.

Big band of snow sitting just out in the north sea heading for Edinburgh. Might never happen but one of the sites I looked at is forecasting up to 20 cms with the snow starting around 9pm and not stopping all night.

Im just glad I got home yesterday because the a9 is shut tonight and the snow is very deep here, its actually not stopped snowing all day

Big band of snow sitting just out in the north sea heading for Edinburgh. Might never happen but one of the sites I looked at is forecasting up to 20 cms with the snow starting around 9pm and not stopping all night.

This is about 6.30pm

radard.jpg

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

bad up here gracemount way, decides to start half an hour after shovelling most of it out the driveway!!

heartsfc_fan

Really starting to get ****ed off with this snow. It was nice for a few days, but this has been going on for 3 weeks!

scottish_chicP
Really starting to get ****ed off with this snow. It was nice for a few days, but this has been going on for 3 weeks!

Me too. I think I usually like it because it only ever lasts a couple of days then melts. This is just a pain in the ass now. Especially having to get into Edinburgh for work every day from Broxburn. It isn't actually snowing here just now but I'm guessing it will start again at some point.

Thats over 2 inches fell in Penicuik the last hour.

I leave the house the back of 6 most mornings for work and it has been a nightmare this week. :booze:

Snowing heavy in Penicuik.

My other half is a carer in the Borders and is nightshift tonight. Thats gonna be a hard shift.

heavy in the borders

heavy in the borders

She is backshift in West Linton tonight. They sent a Land Rover up to drive her around her calls so hopefully get home ok.

Snow just stopped here. Me and a neighbour just been out clearing about 4 inches off the pavement.

The Old Tolbooth

Schools in Galashiels off again tomorrow for the snow, they had a deep covering there tonight according to my daughter on msn.

Will it ever end? :wacko:

portobellojambo1

Just been watching the 10 O'Clock news, they are predicting over a foot of snow will fall in the London/Home Counties area overnight, and some areas around Aberdeen now have over two foot of snow lying (and its still chucking it down), and they are predicting temperatures to fall to below -20 towards the weekend (looks like we'll have to put on about 16 layers of clothing for the trip to Pittodrie this weekend (assuming it goes ahead)).

Where does this all fit in with global warming, or will they now switch tact and change to global freezing.

Just been watching the 10 O'Clock news, they are predicting over a foot of snow will fall in the London/Home Counties area overnight, and some areas around Aberdeen now have over two foot of snow lying (and its still chucking it down), and they are predicting temperatures to fall to below -20 towards the weekend (looks like we'll have to put on about 16 layers of clothing for the trip to Pittodrie this weekend (assuming it goes ahead)).

Where does this all fit in with global warming, or will they now switch tact and change to global freezing.

Big con IMO.

I'm so fed up of it now like many others..it's ok when you dont have to dig your car out of 4 feet of snow to get out and do a constant snow/ice/temp watch..source grit from the only bucket (vaguelly) locally to have any, grit the drive (again) and pray it doesn't get worse..having get up early to get to work and to dig said car out of yet more snow/ice and get it out the drive again.

That said many are facing worse conditions and longer more terrifying commutes than I do...completely and utterly sympathise with you.

The Old Tolbooth

Every road into the Borders is now closed according to the radio, I phoned my mum and she sent me this pic after my dad had cleared a path in the snow to let me see how deep it had been overnight, this was clear yesterday cos my dads a fussy bugger and likes to keep on top of it.

DSC00005_thumb.jpg

yes not good down in the borders,i cant move my car to get to work ha ha

i dont think the schools will be going back till next monday now

blondejamtart

Really bad up Gorebridge way this morning - blizzard again earlier on, the snow is so deep it's over the top of my wellies. Buses were running, but with difficulty.

Every road into the Borders is now closed according to the radio, I phoned my mum and she sent me this pic after my dad had cleared a path in the snow to let me see how deep it had been overnight, this was clear yesterday cos my dads a fussy bugger and likes to keep on top of it.

The roads are a nightmare down here. About 2' of snow is on my table in the back garden. A7 is shut. I don't think you'll be travelling down to Gala for a while!

Goose Baxter
Oh, there is now. About another inch and still snowing.

Its been going on and off once or twice this morning.

Just had my mate on the phone saying they are shutting down the McArthur glen shopping centre at 12 because apparantly heavy snow is due to come.

Cant see it happening but you never know.

Blue skies in the Borders now!

What's the roads like in Innerleithen Dunc? There's a gritter stuck at the nest. Just worried incase I get a job in Peeblesshire.

mrmarkus1981

I left sunny dunbar at 6.40 this morning and arrived into Grimrothes at 9.30, what joy!

Cant believe the A1 was untreated, its the main road FFS!

My friend is stuck on a train at Dalwhinnie and not looking like she will not be getting back up here again today. She spent 7 hours on a train yesterday from Perth to Inverness only to end up back in Perth and now looks same again now.

My friend is stuck on a train at Dalwhinnie and not looking like she will not be getting back up here again today. She spent 7 hours on a train yesterday from Perth to Inverness only to end up back in Perth and now looks same again now.

The railway has been closed for the last couple of days has it not? :ninja:

The railway has been closed for the last couple of days has it not? :ninja:

Carrbridge station is closed because freight train derailed, which means all passengers going to or from Inverness need to get off at Aviemore and get a bus to Inverness from there. At the moment she is on a train thats broke down and there is heavy snow drifts. Same happened to her yesterday

Can any Jambo's confirm what the weather / driving conditions are like in Dumfries and Galloway. I'm going to Dumfries and then Thornton.

The met office have issued a 'be prepared' warning for tomorrow and i had planned site visits for work down there.

Thanks in advance.

The Old Tolbooth
Can any Jambo's confirm what the weather / driving conditions are like in Dumfries and Galloway. I'm going to Dumfries and then Thornton.

The met office have issued a 'be prepared' warning for tomorrow and i had planned site visits for work down there.

Thanks in advance.

It's not good at all mate, police are urging people not to travel if they can avoid it.

All schools in East Lothian closed tomorrow too

All schools closed again tomorrow ( thursday )

Get these kids back to school...:527: