Its Proper Snow!

Doctor FinnBarr

Miller Jambo 60
was meant to be doing a job in falkirk,someone not going to get there livingroom plastered for xmas

Wou not risk it Eddie, get plastered yerself.

My laddie just asked if im still driving down to Iceland, just glared at him.

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Old Tolbooth

• blondejamtart

• Beats

• davemclaren

Just got a txt saying police are not letting anyone leave Armadale. Just turning everyone back and its on the news??

I must have left for work before this happened! Could have been doing with a wee day off as well!

My Gatwick flight this morning has been cancelled. :santa5: Now booked on 14:25. If that doesn't go it'll be Plan B - letting the train take the strain. :smiliz21:

My Gatwick flight this morning has been cancelled. :santa5: Now booked on 14:25. If that doesn't go it'll be Plan B - letting the train take the strain. :smiliz21:

Gatwick?

*Shudders*

My daughter who lives in Gala told me it's really deep there, which means it's about 2 inches :D

John it's still snowing here and there's between 6 + 8 inches on the ground. The wife has been told not to come into work as its a blizzard. She works in Gala. So your daughter isn't lying.

The Old Tolbooth
Just got a txt saying police are not letting anyone leave Armadale. Just turning everyone back and its on the news??

I must have left for work before this happened! Could have been doing with a wee day off as well!

But the police keep folk in Armadale in the summer too mate :santa1:

John it's still snowing here and there's between 6 + 8 inches on the ground. The wife has been told not to come into work as its a blizzard. She works in Gala. So your daughter isn't lying.

It's a bummer Marc, I'm meant to be heading down to Gala to see the bairns on xmas day and to give them their pressies, I'll be gutted if I cant get down :smiliz23:

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

Old school snow!!! It would appear climate change and global warming and all the other scare mongering nonsense the hand ringers bang on about has also taken time off for Christmas. Get in!!!!

On another note, does anyone know if the road from Rosyth to Edinburgh is passable? If so which one?

John, I go the mrs to work this morning up in Pitreavie, plus she said a few folk from Edinburgh were in so I'd imagine it'd be ok the other way

The Old Tolbooth
John, I go the mrs to work this morning up in Pitreavie, plus she said a few folk from Edinburgh were in so I'd imagine it'd be ok the other way

Cheers for that mate, just about to brave the elements and finish off Lindas xmas shopping (us organised men have theirs all done and dusted before the bad weather, tut tut) :P

Falkirk has had a hammering.

Apparently the M9 was closed at Grangemouth for a bit, although should have been cleared by now. Never seen snow like this for years.

Falkirk has had a hammering.

Apparently the M9 was closed at Grangemouth for a bit, although should have been cleared by now. Never seen snow like this for years.

Neither have I, about 7 inches here at the top of Dunfermline. Fantastic, shame I'm off work anyway.

A lot of people in my work are apparently "snowed in" and can't get into Edinburgh.

Bollocks they are, quick traffic search on the internet exposes their lies.

A lot of people in my work are apparently "snowed in" and can't get into Edinburgh.

Bollocks they are, quick traffic search on the internet exposes their lies.

To be fair, the main roads are all clear, but you have to get from your house to a main road.

I could probably get into Edinburgh now, but I can't get the car up the hill in my cul-de-sac.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Is this due to continue up until New Years? I'm catching a ****ing train on NYE and I better ****ing get it.

Have to say though, walking along Princes St I was thinking there can't be a finer sight in the world than the castle covered in a white blanket of snow. It's seriously brilliant.

Nucky Thompson
To be fair, the main roads are all clear, but you have to get from your house to a main road.

I could probably get into Edinburgh now, but I can't get the car up the hill in my cul-de-sac.

Do they not have grit boxes at the sides of streets anymore? You could be out with a wheelbarrow and shovel :santa1:

Do they not have grit boxes at the sides of streets anymore? You could be out with a wheelbarrow and shovel :santa1:

Nothing lasts long at the side of a Falkirk street...

Nucky Thompson
Is this due to continue up until New Years? I'm catching a ****ing train on NYE and I better ****ing get it.

Have to say though, walking along Princes St I was thinking there can't be a finer sight in the world than the castle covered in a white blanket of snow. It's seriously brilliant.

It's to get milder apparently.

A1 is fine now.I was down there about a hour ago.

It's very pretty all this snow but i'm going through to Livi on Friday to pick the wee one up.It better not be snowing then!

Took a gamble they'd cancel the 14:25 to Gatwick, and headed for the train. As they did indeed cancel it means we'll get our fares refunded. :santa1:

Mammoth trek to get to work this morning! over 2 and a half hours from the bottom of Leith Walk to the Gyle!! Had to do the following, no16 to Lothian Road, then jumped on the 30 with the intention of getting off at the westfield giving me the option of either the 2 or 22, Half hour wait for a full 22 to go past so jumped on the next 30 as far as longstone then walked to the Gyle!!

Took a gamble they'd cancel the 14:25 to Gatwick, and headed for the train. As they did indeed cancel it means we'll get our fares refunded. :santa1:

Hmmmmmm.....the BA web site is now showing the 14:25 as reinstated. :smiliz23:

Hmmmmmm.....the BA web site is now showing the 14:25 as reinstated. :smiliz23:

As long as you get there surely. It might cost but better getting your holiday imo. :santa3:

As long as you get there surely. It might cost but better getting your holiday imo. :santa3:

You're right Dave, but I'm a serial attention seeker. :santa4:

boabyarsebiscuit
You're right Dave, but I'm a serial attention seeker. :santa4:

You did the right thing. Trust me. I did the same thing on Friday and the flight was indeed cancelled.

You and Mrs T have a good holiday. I'm heading to Kngs Cross for a train back up in a wee while. Not even attempting to fly today.

You did the right thing. Trust me. I did the same thing on Friday and the flight was indeed cancelled.

You and Mrs T have a good holiday. I'm heading to Kngs Cross for a train back up in a wee while. Not even attempting to fly today.

Cheers Boaby. Hope you have a good one too. Hopefully catch up soon. :smiliz64:

But the police keep folk in Armadale in the summer too mate :santa1:

It's a bummer Marc, I'm meant to be heading down to Gala to see the bairns on xmas day and to give them their pressies, I'll be gutted if I cant get down :smiliz23:

John, it's now stopped snowing and it's starting to thaw. I don't think you'll have a problem getting down to gala. I'll keep you posted.

Don't know if it's been posted but somebody fell down the stairs at Waverley Station and has died.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/edinburgh_and_east/8428069.stm

I'm amazed that doesn't happen more often to be honest. Those stairs are a death trap, especially for the elderly; and the last thing someone rushing to make their train could do with.

Rupert Pupkin
The main roads were definitely not clear at half 9 this morning.

Absolutely magic. :D

Tell me about it ,was about 1 and a half hours to get to WEST LINTON from BONNYRIGG for work this morning. Was nearly 9 inches of snow down that way and the road was v dodgy .

I'm not especially surprised at that either. It gets horrendously cold in that station: when I last came up for a game, in early November, I had a very nasty cold, and was shaking while waiting for my train back.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

It doesn't look like he slipped, the news reported that he collapsed so it may have been a health condition. Was carrying a kid at the time. :(

Mmm on the DLR now heading for city airport. Just bumped into our work travel guy who said Edinburgh airport is shut but its website says otherwise. D

Fingers crossed

Edited by Dave de le Noir

Mmm on the DLR now heading for city airport. Just bumped into our work travel guy who said Edinburgh airport is shut but its website says otherwise. D

Fingers crossed

Just been on the Radio news that it is open, but 17 flights have been cancelled. Not sure if that means all day, or from now until close.

Good luck.

:santa2:

Just been on the Radio news that it is open, but 17 flights have been cancelled. Not sure if that means all day, or from now until close.

Good luck.

:santa2:

Cheers.

Delayed by an hour, not too bad.

And it's the one airport in the uk where they still treat you with an ounce of dignity.

It took me three hours to drive from Corstorphine to Livingston this morning.

I don't mind driving in the snow; in fact, I quite like it.

But as soon as I drove past Junction 2 of the M8 (the one that takes you to Newbridge), I hit a massive tailback, and of course, there's no way of escape until you reach Livingston. The entire road bacame one big car snowy park.

Apart from having a pregnant wife and a two year old daughter in the car, I was desperate for a pee, so at one point, I got out, leapt over the central reservation and went across the motorway and down an embankment. Only I slipped, and took about three tree branches with me on the way down.

It was a horrible, although I felt better having that pee, even if about a hundred people saw me take the walk of shame back to the car.

Merry Christmas.

The Old Tolbooth
John, it's now stopped snowing and it's starting to thaw. I don't think you'll have a problem getting down to gala. I'll keep you posted.

Cheers mate, much appreciated. :2thumbsup: