Its Proper Snow!

Doctor FinnBarr

Very true, my bin route is penicuik (Rullion road plus cut offs) when i go back tomorrow, if it keeps up it will be path clearing instead :smiliz23:

They never managed the recyclable boxes last Wednesday and mine is overflowing with wine bottles. :santa1:

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Old Tolbooth

• blondejamtart

• Beats

• davemclaren

Everybody loves Baz
They never managed the recyclable boxes last Wednesday and mine is overflowing with wine bottles. :santa1:

Do you think it will be the same scenario tomorrow Deek ??

Or do you think we can get down the cut offs?

We done some proper damage to a Subaru last monday (going down a street after we had told bosses it wasn't safe but were over-ruled)

Craigiebield area.

Do you think it will be the same scenario tomorrow Deek ??

Or do you think we can get down the cut offs?

We done some proper damage to a Subaru last monday (going down a street after we had told bosses it wasn't safe but were over-ruled)

Craigiebield area.

Not sure, to early to say, the gritters do such a good job nowadays. Last wednesday morning we had 6 inches of snow in an hour. Getting up the Queensway was impossible.

snowing in stoneyburn.

i discovered yesterday morning that trying to remove 4 inch of snow and ice from car windows with my bare hands alone is not a well thought out plan.

Sunny in Ullapool but blizzards just a few miles out the village :smiliz57: Very icy here though and feels like i will never get to a football game :( Not looking good again for getting down tomorrow but I will proper crack up if cant get down for the derby.

Fed up with this snow now.

By the way Penicuik get's it worse than Gorebridge.

Yes I agree Penicuik snow stays till around May :)

been more snow here and from checking all the weather / travel pages not going to risk it down for game :( Now 2 home games in a row missed by snow, cant even give my tickets away :smiliz57: I might start sledging down now so we get to the derby on Sunday :)

Doctor FinnBarr
Blizzard in Selkirk at the moment. I hope it stops soon so I can drive safely to the game tonight.

Blizzard in Blackburn at the mo, seems to be getting worse too!

:shocked666:

Blizzard in Blackburn at the mo, seems to be getting worse too!

:shocked666:

I'm not long back from the game and the drive was a nightmare. Total whiteout between Gorebridge and Stow. No gritters to be seen. Shocking conditions. Also came across an accident just outside Stow. Luckily it looked like a slow motion crash and nobody was hurt.

I wore my now 'lucky' wellies to the game last night.

It's the first time in 27 years of supporting Hearts I've worn wellies.

I love wellies. I really believe that I belong on some country estate somewhere.

I wore my now 'lucky' wellies to the game last night.

It's the first time in 27 years of supporting Hearts I've worn wellies.

I love wellies. I really believe that I belong on some country estate somewhere.

BB , thats what nearly 40 year olds do......what next

BB , thats what nearly 40 year olds do......what next

You an slag my wellies all you like but I had to negotiate my street and the ice/slush path of DOOM along the Water of Leith last night (and back again).

Frankly, I love my designer wellies, bought from House of Bruar no less.

Rather slippy in Gorgie.

Spray hairspray on the soles of your shoes, let dry then off you go, fall free allegedly....:content:

Rather slippy in Gorgie.

Spray hairspray on the soles of your shoes, let dry then off you go, fall free allegedly....:content:

Right, I need some hairspray!

Snowed in aain in Fauldhouse, was looking forward to the sales aswell!!! :(

when i left my house in musselburgh yesterday there wasnt a bit of snow on the ground, infact the roads where dry...then arrive to do some work in fauldhouse and there must have been around a foot of snow out there, it was like i was in another country:blink:

when i left my house in musselburgh yesterday there wasnt a bit of snow on the ground, infact the roads where dry...then arrive to do some work in fauldhouse and there must have been around a foot of snow out there, it was like i was in another country:blink:

It is and you are. USA - Uther Side of Armadale

The length of the Forth Road Bridge often does that too.

Ive got family staying with me here in Gorebridge and they are starting to panic with all the snow..thinking they are gonna get snowed in and stuck here:blink:

blondejamtart
Ive got family staying with me here in Gorebridge and they are starting to panic with all the snow..thinking they are gonna get snowed in and stuck here:blink:

I know what you mean - I just drove daughter down to Nitten and it was a complete white-out on the way back along the A7. It's snowed here every day for about a fortnight!

I was supposed to go to Rosewell tonight, due to diff circumstances we are staying in, thank feck Dont want stuck out there...

More snow here and planning to get down to Penicuik today so will be down for the game tomorrow, thinking it may take a few hours longer just hope the dont shut any snow gates on way down. :)

portobellojambo1
On again in Gorgie :badmood:

Very wet, though, which will help with thawing what is already lying.

Our street has been iced over since the first day it started snowing, and for the first time large bits of the actual pavement are now visible again. It is noticeable that it ain't so cold today either, when the sun was out a short while ago it was actually very pleasant outside.

J.T.F.Robertson

I'm sick to the molars with the stuff. It actually started when we were on our way up here, after flying in to Manchester on the 17th. I presumed I'd be leaving this pesh behind when I left Calgary. And how am I supposed to lose what's left of my money when the racing keeps being called off? No' happy!!