• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Old Tolbooth

• blondejamtart

• Beats

• davemclaren

blondejamtart

It's pretty bad n Gorebridge just now.

I may have to get pished and take tommorow off!

It is indeed pretty bad - my garden is back to being a winter wonderland again! Glad I left my car at the front of the house, as I don't fancy the chances of making it up the hill from our back lane if it carries on like this all night!

Edited by blondejamtart

It is indeed pretty bad - my garden is back to being a winter wonderland again! Glad I left my car at the front of the house, as I don't fancy the chances of making it up the hill from our back lane if it carries on like this all night!

Come up to mine and get pished :whistling:

A70 is shut between Balerno and Kirknewton, due to flooding. Was also starting to snow heavily there around an hour ago.

Still pishy sleet around Parkhead/Sighthill :down:

Edit: Also no internet connection (having to tether to my mobile to get access)

Edited by weej

oh ah grantona

Its just mucked my sky up.. cant get a signal

EASY FIX IF DISH IS EASY TO GET TO REMOVE SNOW BUILD UP BETWEEN DISH AND RECIEVER

Has anyone seen a fecking gritter out in the last 24 hours ?

Its not exactly been a fecking secret that it was coming.

:angry:

Edited by Le Chat

heartsfc_fan

Looked out the window about an hour ago in the slateford area and there was no snow.

Looked out 2 mins ago and got the shock of my life :blink: loads of the stuff.

The Mighty Thor

Fecking fed up of the snow now.

Golf season starts on Thursday and it's still pishing it down with snow. Depressing.

No doubt a morning of utter chaos tomorrow as the civilised world grinds to a standstill because it's been snowing. tremendous. :angry:

Wife just commented she is hoping for a couple of inches before tomorrow so she can get off work, i told her she is in luck with the couple of inches but cant promise day off work!

Anyone know what its like in deepest darkest lanarkshire? supposed to have a meeting in motherwell on thursday but not travelling from aberdeen if its bad.

Wife just commented she is hoping for a couple of inches before tomorrow so she can get off work, i told her she is in luck with the couple of inches but cant promise day off work!

Anyone know what its like in deepest darkest lanarkshire? supposed to have a meeting in motherwell on thursday but not travelling from aberdeen if its bad.

I don't think Lanarkshire is too bad, but I suspect the A9 between Perth and Stirling will give you major problems if you're driving... Auchterarder area is taking another major hammering.

Better call Saul

Has anyone seen a fecking gritter out in the last 24 hours ?

Its not exactly been a fecking secret that it was coming.

:angry:

Good point ! I have seen nothing of them and I am in livingston where it is bad , then all we will here is ...oooo the public have rotten to our van drivers calling them names and allsorts

Edited by Macc the Jambo

I don't think Lanarkshire is too bad, but I suspect the A9 between Perth and Stirling will give you major problems if you're driving... Auchterarder area is taking another major hammering.

Thanks

Yep i am driving.

Probably not going to be worth it if i have to battle through the A9 only to battle through the M8 roadworks!

Thanks

Yep i am driving.

Probably not going to be worth it if i have to battle through the A9 only to battle through the M8 roadworks!

was snowing through that way this morning when all we had was rain..... trains delayed etc...

just back from uni (heriot-watt) to port seton, took me 2 hours as the bypass up until dreghorn is pretty bad and i got stuck. so a big thank you to the guys who helped me get out of the snow. And there is one hell of a tailback there

Just drove from Glasgow back to Edinburgh, was a ******* nightmare.

Crawling at about 20mph most of the way, car sliding all over the place.

M8 Westbound looked to be at a standstill after a few lorries llooked abandoned.

Prince Buaben

I cant get to work. LRT have stopped running the buses to rosewell becasue of the snow

blondejamtart

I cant get to work. LRT have stopped running the buses to rosewell becasue of the snow

Really bad in Gorebridge too - three buses were all stuck on the Station Brae, so no-one was going anywhere very fast. Managed to get up onto the A7, and once you got past Newtongrange, the roads were clear, but the A7 itself had the snow gates closed at Middleton Moor. Think the A68 was closed at Soutra too.

A702,A701 closed. No tv signal no phone line. Was out the garden last night shutting up hens and there was this flash. In the garden this morning and it was BT line from a telegraph pole. Snow very heavy in deepest Peebleshire. At least 12 inches of snow. I'm sending the kids around the old dears near us to make sure none have copped it during the night. One way for them to earn pocket money.

Nucky Thompson

There's not much lying in the west of Edinburgh. In fact the wee bit that has seems to be melting already :thumbsup: I reckon there won't be anything in Edinburgh by the end of today.

Buses not going past Bilston now.Still running into Gorebridge but that will stop in the next hour.

No access into East Linton.

Just horrible out there.Take care all.

The Old Tolbooth

I take it that its still snowing over your way then Beats? I'm struggling to see what all the fuss is about as we've had nowt but wind and rain here :unsure:

Buses not going past Bilston now.Still running into Gorebridge but that will stop in the next hour.

No access into East Linton.

Just horrible out there.Take care all.

Suddenly feeling rather glad that I have moved out of Gorebridge and now live at the shore, although the water of leith looked rather scary last night!

I take it that its still snowing over your way then Beats? I'm struggling to see what all the fuss is about as we've had nowt but wind and rain here :unsure:

It's terrible out here mate.I reckon i'll struggle to get home after work.

Penicuilk has it even worse i believe.

Woke up this morning hoping to see a nice thick covering of snow.. What do I see when I look out the window.... Feaking rain and sleet!! :verymad:

Looks like we have been pretty lucky to not experience the amounts of snow that some other places have received.

The Old Tolbooth

It's terrible out here mate.I reckon i'll struggle to get home after work.

Penicuilk has it even worse i believe.

Blimey, better tell your bosses your going to go home early and get the fridge stocked up :thumbsup:

Jimmy McNulty

My mother called saying Penicuik got a ****-kicking with the snow. Cars all abandoned on Rullion Road. Snow plough came through bit just gritted, didn't move any of the snow.

That's how I remember it! The good old days :)

• 7 months later...

Outlook for Wednesday to Friday:

Some sunshine and further showers, these mainly over Lothians and Borders. The showers turning increasingly to sleet and snow at lower levels. Feeling cold everywhere in the fresh northerly wind.

UK Outlook for Saturday 27 Nov 2010 to Monday 6 Dec 2010:

The first weekend will see snow showers anywhere in the UK, but most showers or longer periods of snow will be across eastern areas, with maybe southern areas being affected too. Risk of some significant accumulations, especially on hills. Also clearer spells, more in the west, with widespread frosts. All areas very cold. Continuing windy in places; risk of gales in the northeast. The first part of next week sees further snow showers in the east, with drier and brighter conditions to the west, and still very cold, but perhaps turning less cold in the south later. For the rest of the period it will stay cold with further wintry showers. The south and southwest may be milder at times but with some spells of rain, sleet, or possibly snow.

17249_275899085218_511005218_4944919_8229693_n.jpg

Guest juvehearts

in all fairness.

how much closer is calgery to the Arctic circle than edinburgh?

how much prepared is calgery than britian for 99% less snow than calgery gets in an entire day?

chalk & cheese in comparison terms, even aberdeen gets mair snow than us & thats to be expected as they are closer to the circle than we are.

imo im delighted that we get snow, my daughter loves it

juve

juve

The main difference is that Calgary rarely grinds to a halt if you have a snowfall measured in feet, where as the UK almost always inevitably grinds to a halt after just a few inches.

I know where I'd rather be.

:thumbsup:

J.T.F.Robertson

in all fairness.

how much closer is calgery to the Arctic circle than edinburgh?

how much prepared is calgery than britian for 99% less snow than calgery gets in an entire day?

chalk & cheese in comparison terms, even aberdeen gets mair snow than us & thats to be expected as they are closer to the circle than we are.

imo im delighted that we get snow, my daughter loves it

juve

juve

The main difference is that Calgary rarely grinds to a halt if you have a snowfall measured in feet, where as the UK almost always inevitably grinds to a halt after just a few inches.

In actual fact, unless I dreamed this, I believe Edinburgh's farther north, latitude-wise, than here. :blink: Anyways, I know it's chalk and cheese and I wasn't trying to make a serious comparison.

Again, see above, B. I was home last Christmas / New Year and I know how cold it felt then.

Having said that, it was about 36 below with the wind chill, when I staggered in here this morning. (I'm a trooper, you see :thumbsup:) Have you ever tried walking whilst trying to prevent your legs coming in contact with the inside of your troosers? :unsure:

Konrad von Carstein

In actual fact, unless I dreamed this, I believe Edinburgh's farther north, latitude-wise, than here. :blink: Anyways, I know it's chalk and cheese and I wasn't trying to make a serious comparison.

Again, see above, B. I was home last Christmas / New Year and I know how cold it felt then.

Having said that, it was about 36 below with the wind chill, when I staggered in here this morning. (I'm a trooper, you see :thumbsup:) Have you ever tried walking whilst trying to prevent your legs coming in contact with the inside of your troosers? :unsure:

Aye, 1968, I was three and had pished myself :lol:

CavySlaveJambo

Scotland usually manages when it is heavy snow for a while.

I'm going to go to the hill walking shops tommorow to try and get "grippy things" for my trainers. Otherwise i need to learn to tie laces PDG.

Add in - Severe weather warning tommorow (East Coast as far as The Wash excluding Mid/west Lothian), the entire east coast Saturday and Highlands, Islands/Moray/Grampian Friday.

North Berwick Jambo

Its falling quite heavy here in North Berwick & i have to drive in it all day tomorrow! :blink:

a2018cfd-2d39-458d-a383-4303bd822cd9.jpg