Its Proper Snow!

Doctor FinnBarr

It took me three hours to drive from Corstorphine to Livingston this morning.

I don't mind driving in the snow; in fact, I quite like it.

But as soon as I drove past Junction 2 of the M8 (the one that takes you to Newbridge), I hit a massive tailback, and of course, there's no way of escape until you reach Livingston. The entire road bacame one big car snowy park.

Apart from having a pregnant wife and a two year old daughter in the car, I was desperate for a pee, so at one point, I got out, leapt over the central reservation and went across the motorway and down an embankment. Only I slipped, and took about three tree branches with me on the way down.

It was a horrible, although I felt better having that pee, even if about a hundred people saw me take the walk of shame back to the car.

Merry Christmas.

I hope somebody got your wee trip filmed. It would make quite funny viewing!

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Old Tolbooth

• blondejamtart

• Beats

• davemclaren

Took me 45 mins to get from Fairbrae to the Airport this morning. Although 25mins was spent trying to get out the driveway.

4 people couldn't get in. Nothing stopping them afterwards, only one bothered. Poofs.

Ho Ho Feckin' Ho :santa5:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

BB, a very similar gene pool ... I done the exact same thing in the weeg recently. I wish you were my auld man. :)

Apparently the tailback from the bridge was all the way to Kirkcaldy at one point (accident although not sure where). And not surprised that someone has died of cardiac arrest, wish people would realise that in weather like this you really need to wrap up warm, as it is quite a common reason for cardiac arrest.

2100 Clear Sky -6.1 ?C

2200 Clear Sky -7.3 ?C

2300 Clear Sky -8.6 ?C

0000 Clear Sky -9.3 ?C

0100 Partly cloudy -9.8 ?C

0200 Medium-level Cloud -9.4 ?C

0300 Fog -8.2 ?C

Last 9 hours temperatures at the airport, brr. Snow on its way later.

portobellojambo1
2100 Clear Sky -6.1 ?C

2200 Clear Sky -7.3 ?C

2300 Clear Sky -8.6 ?C

0000 Clear Sky -9.3 ?C

0100 Partly cloudy -9.8 ?C

0200 Medium-level Cloud -9.4 ?C

0300 Fog -8.2 ?C

Last 9 hours temperatures at the airport, brr. Snow on its way later.

09:30 Gorgie, it's chucking it down in buckets.

Blizzard-like conditions here in Gorebridge for more than a hour now...

Similar in Bonnyrigg. This is when you wish you didn't have a rear wheel drive car as I need to get to Tesco. :santa3:

Edited by davemclaren

portobellojambo1
Similar in Bonnyrigg. This when you wish you didn't have a rear wheel drive car as I need to get to Tesco. :santa3:

The two things sticking out the bottom of your erse are called legs, leave the car in the drive and use them........

blondejamtart
Similar in Bonnyrigg. This when you wish you didn't have a rear wheel drive car as I need to get to Tesco. :santa3:

Tesco?? Rather you than me - they were queueing up to get into the car park there yesterday!

Blizzard-like conditions here in Gorebridge for more than a hour now...

Baws, hope it easies off by the time I need to try and get home!

The two things sticking out the bottom of your erse are called legs, leave the car in the drive and use them........

It's at least a mile and a half.... :smiliz23:

blondejamtart
Baws, hope it easies off by the time I need to try and get home!

It's off at the moment, but the roads are pretty bad - no sign of any gritters so far and vehicles are struggling to get up our street once again.

Not what I need to hear right now. :smiliz21:

Sorry...truth hurts!

:santa1:

Miller Jambo 60
Not what I need to hear right now. :smiliz21:

Man up Dave and tell her to get a taxi.

Picked my wife up at 8am and it was -6C.

Cant see the game being on.:smiliz23:

Cheers mate, much appreciated. :2thumbsup:

A wee update John.

It's snowing again. Not too heavy but another few inches are lying. The main roads are fine though. Shouldn't have a problem coming down. I'll let you know of any change.

I hope the roads in Gorebridge improve,ive gotta get out to the hair dressers and the cars are struggling to get up to my street,plus I dont think my wheelchair will manage in the snow :santa1:

portobellojambo1
It's at least a mile and a half.... :smiliz23:

And, that equates to a round trip of around an hour, plus shopping time, assuming you walk and don't crawl.

And, that equates to a round trip of around an hour, plus shopping time, assuming you walk and don't crawl.

You're a hard man Iain. No respect for the car-bound. :smiliz21:

Jam Tarts 1874

As long as you are OK.

portobellojambo1
As long as you are OK.

I'm fine Jam Tarts 1874, been out and did what I had to do this morning, without any problems whatsoever.

The Old Tolbooth
A wee update John.

It's snowing again. Not too heavy but another few inches are lying. The main roads are fine though. Shouldn't have a problem coming down. I'll let you know of any change.

cheers mate, it's more up this way I'm concerned about now as Middleton Moor gets it the worst, it can be clear South of Fountainhall but really bad there, it's also been more snow in Rosyth too, so much for the clear nights that were predicted :wacko:

09:30 Gorgie, it's chucking it down in buckets.

At approximatley 05:15 this morning, my jaloppy was sensing the temperature on the M8 J2 was -11. By the time i got to the Edinburgh Mail Centre, it had reached a tropical -9!

Then -4 on the way to the Kingsgate. Which is feckin heavin and the floor is like an ice rink! No recommended!

blondejamtart

:drunk:

Edinburgh just made the BBC national news.

Apparently it was -11 in the city last night. :smiliz21:

-13 in the Arctic wilderness otherwise known as Gorebridge last night

Managed to get out of the street today so got to Tesco and back. Thanks to all for their concern. Remind me to get at least a front wheel drive car the next time... :santa1:

blondejamtart
I came in at 3am and it was -5.Your thermometer is wrong.

Well, I reckon our garden's twinned with Siberia or something - snow and frost tend to linger in ours when it's disappeared from everywhere else. All I can say it that it was bitterly cold here last night - and I don't feel the cold that badly. I'm normally quite happy when everyone else is shivering, so if I'm feeling cold, you can be sure it's bloody freezing!

cheers mate, it's more up this way I'm concerned about now as Middleton Moor gets it the worst, it can be clear South of Fountainhall but really bad there, it's also been more snow in Rosyth too, so much for the clear nights that were predicted :wacko:

Middleton was fine yesterday whereas Soutra was shut for a while. All the main roads are fine at the moment but it's getting really cold. I'll post updates of any change.

Quick update John A7 fine at present.

It is sleet/snow in Gorebridge at the moment.

Frank our dog walker just confirmed the snow in Gorebridge. :santa1:

Not much yet in Boomtown. :santa3:

I've just driven through the centre of town. Light drizzly rain, car claiming it's 1c.

Will the snow survive until christmas day?

Or will it all melt and be replaced by huge sheets of black ice?

The Old Tolbooth
I've just driven through the centre of town. Light drizzly rain, car claiming it's 1c.

Will the snow survive until christmas day?

Or will it all melt and be replaced by huge sheets of black ice?

Definitely getting milder mate, and the weather lass said about an hour ago it was meant to be minus 7, why do they get it sooooo wrong???

Definitely getting milder mate, and the weather lass said about an hour ago it was meant to be minus 7, why do they get it sooooo wrong???

How's it looking your side of the bridge John? I'm bringing the folks over there tomorrow.

They get it wrong because they are guessing.

The Old Tolbooth
How's it looking your side of the bridge John? I'm bringing the folks over there tomorrow.

It's fine over here now mate, it was hairy for a bit earlier on around lunch time, but it's actually melting a bit now mate and the roads are fine.

It's fine over here now mate, it was hairy for a bit earlier on around lunch time, but it's actually melting a bit now mate and the roads are fine.

Excellent. Cheers John.