McDickies Mafia

yvonnejambo

Was Marty not equally likely to get whacked?

Perhaps the doc only felt he/she had a choice of 2 and chose the wrong one. Or the goons struck it lucky and avoided whoever was being protected?

I say this in a totally non-doctorial role.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jambopompey

Perhaps the doc only felt he/she had a choice of 2 and chose the wrong one. Or the goons struck it lucky and avoided whoever was being protected?

That's my feelings on it as well, the doc could have saved the other

My take on it is that after last night's close-to-deadline shenanigans Malky and Marty were most under threat. Looking back I saw that Commander Harris had been voted by Bev to put him into a tie so that could've made him a goon-target as well - well, we're all goon targets, but they seem to be the most likely as they've appeared to be the cleanest as circumstances have shown Bev to be a bad 'un.

So the doc had a difficult 3-way choice to make and went for the wrong one. Assuming the goons did go for one of those least likely to be voted for on day 2. Also assuming I'm speaking sense. I find Deek's Harris vote a strange one but I'll let him explain it.

I've got to say that paddy's vote for kitster last night looks highly suspicious. And Albannach has been made to look dodgy, though that could be by clever goon-play or misguided worker-play. Or he could be a goon.

Need more folk posting, please.

i never thought about that, so yeah the doc might have just been unlucky with a 50/50 chance of saving the right person

wooooooo

had a thought and I bear no grudge to the doc, they maybe thought too much and decided that the goons would go for another player as i was maybe the obvious one and ended up a double bluff

wooooooo

Maybe I'm being dim, but why would Malky be any more obvious a target than Marty?

Apart from Malky usually having slightly more of an upfront way of playing.

Commander Harris

all this doctor chat is irrelevant now. let's find some goons folks.

Right, I think we got of to quite a good start, getting rid of a goon early on

applause.gif

As long as we don't lose a GOOD ROLE tonight, we are definetely on the upper hand.

I also think the Doc has been unlucky in his/her 50/50 choice.

I'm going to have a wee look over the thread as I had to leave early last night

Fraser

Geoff Kilpatrick

I'm off to bed - will leave my vote with Boof. Might review things when the alarm goes off!

Rick Grimes

Yup, the doc thing has been done to death just now & any further prodding may cause him/her to leave a clue as to their identity & get them bumped off so let's leave it for now.

Looking vaguely dodgy for now....

Deek seems rather enigmatic (how weak is that argument? :)). Seems to be having a strange spat with Commander Harris tho

Paddy's vote for Kitster could have seen her killed. Was he genuinely just bandwagoning & if so, why on the first day when everyone's just guessing ?

Albannach - itchy trigger finger this morning.

Kitster - awfy defensive.

All fairly circumstantial probably & certainly lessening in importance to me as the list goes on, but the first of those troubles me. Are Deek & CH in league but trying hard to appear not so?

For now, vote Commander Harris

Commander Harris
Yup, the doc thing has been done to death just now & any further prodding may cause him/her to leave a clue as to their identity & get them bumped off so let's leave it for now.

Deek seems rather enigmatic (how weak is that argument? :)). Seems to be having a strange spat with Commander Harris tho

Paddy's vote for Kitster could have seen her killed. Was he genuinely just bandwagoning & if so, why on the first day when everyone's just guessing ?

All fairly circumstantial probably & certainly lessening in importance to me as the list goes on, but the first of those troubles me. Are Deek & CH in league but trying hard to appear not so?

em, the voting from the first round kind of suggests I'm not a goon, so it puzzles me greatly why folk are still voting for me. :S

I think deek's a goon and is trying to make it look like me and him are having a fake ding dong to drag me down with him, he's doing a good job so far.

Rick Grimes
em, the voting from the first round kind of suggests I'm not a goon, so it puzzles me greatly why folk are still voting for me. :S

I think deek's a goon and is trying to make it look like me and him are having a fake ding dong to drag me down with him, he's doing a good job so far.

If the goons were you, Deek & Bev you're all experienced enough that it wouldn't surprise me to see you voting for each other early doors even at the risk of losing one.

We'll see how the voting continues tho - is it 9pm tonight deadline?

thehibsareintheirbeds

great to see so many posting and putting ideas forward, think we're on the right track here my fellow burger boys and girls.

the day from hell, that i think malky? mentioned yesterday, has visited me today so will try and be some use later once i've shaken all the work nonsense from my system.:smash:

Very suspicious post IMO:

em, the voting from the first round kind of suggests I'm not a goon

I think that you have purposely made it so. You have enough experience to know it would be good for your case to make it out like this.

I think deek's a goon and is trying to make it look like me and him are having a fake ding dong to drag me down with him

Or perhaps you're both on the same side and 'having a fake ding dog' as you put it, and you are trying to make it look like he's setting you up.

So until you prove yourself to me.....Vote commanderHarris

Fraser

yvonnejambo

Votes so far;

Commander harris-3

Boof-1

Deek-1

12 still to vote and deadline 9pm tonight

BoJack Horseman

I might as well give me two pence on your post...

Deek, I tend to agree. He's really good at turning others on each other when he's a goon. I don't think the spat with CH is genuine.

Paddy, obviously I agree with. I think that was an incredibly bold move for a first round vote. When we have a 3 way tie and you come in and change your vote to put someone in the lead, you have to accept some scrutiny.

Me... Itchy trigger finger? I've yet to put a vote in. I merely pointed out my thoughts on Paddy. Ok, I put them out there quickly, but still. Someone had to be first.

Kitster. Being defensive doesn't always mean goon. I found myself being more defensive when i'm a townie due to frustration than when I was a goon.

Right, i'm off to have a read.

you want to expand on that at all or answer either/both of my posts above?

I hate being unroled, so quite like to have a two way spat with somebody who targets me. It beats this guessing game and making up things about other players.

I am obviously a 100% townie and you have tried to raise suspicion of me out of something absolutely innocent.

jambopompey

got to love the first few days spats, it is normally townies fighting with each other with the occasional goon stirring it up, or even just sitting back and letting us place the finger on each other.

we got lucky last night with bev being a goon, this i was a goon the last time does not wash with me, it is a random selector, i will state i am a plain townie, just like everyone else will say, its a matter of going through each post and making a choice, i know i play differently with each game, if i never then when i am roled it would be obvious.

i have played alongside some folk here in different roles, and the more you play the better you get at hiding any role.

to be honest i have no clue or even a gut instinct at this moment so i will hold off the now and read the thread again and try and pick someone that just does not seem right

VOTE:Albannach

Just cause Bev never voted the person below when she said she would.

I was basing my 'Commander Harris is innocent' notion on Bev's vote for him to tie up the voting when she maybe could've chosen someone else. I've not been back to check yet if that was possible so could be talking rubbish.

Sexton Hardcastle

Im still not sure what to go on. Will try do a lesser random vote even tho its pretty tempting to bring out any responses.

Should get bck on before deadline but to go on the only feeling i have jsut now -

Vote Albannach

At least last night bought us a bit of time, so it's given us a real head start.

Don't think there's enough evidence against any of the main suspects at the moment and I don't want to jump on any bandwagon theories although will see how things develop between now and the deadline. There's a couple of spats going on and it's difficult to tell whether it's a goon winding someone else up or not.

From reading so far, Csaba Wabba's had a lot of random posts. So for now

Vote Csaba Wabba

Harry Palmer

Having briefly skimmed the thread there is not a lot to go on.

Deek and Commander Harris having a 'fake' goonly argument? No idea.

Paddy's vote last night may have been a 'calculated' risk in the hope of some kind of response.

I'm not going to vote yet but will check in later.

BoJack Horseman
VOTE:Albannach

Just cause Bev never voted the person below when she said she would.

I thought it was agreed that it would have been more benficial for Bev to vote me if I was goon, considering I had no(not sure) votes on me so would not count against me, but could be used to clear my name in the future.

Im still not sure what to go on. Will try do a lesser random vote even tho its pretty tempting to bring out any responses.

Should get bck on before deadline but to go on the only feeling i have jsut now -

Vote Albannach

Conveniently the one person you have 'a feeling' about is the one who is suspicious of you.

Not going to retaliate with a vote as I feel however suspicious your change in vote was last night, there's probably others more worthy of my vote.

Maybe I'm being dim, but why would Malky be any more obvious a target than Marty?

Apart from Malky usually having slightly more of an upfront way of playing.

because I have a massive ego

EGO376.gif

Commander Harris
If the goons were you, Deek & Bev you're all experienced enough that it wouldn't surprise me to see you voting for each other early doors even at the risk of losing one.

We'll see how the voting continues tho - is it 9pm tonight deadline?

Very suspicious post IMO:

I think that you have purposely made it so. You have enough experience to know it would be good for your case to make it out like this.

Or perhaps you're both on the same side and 'having a fake ding dog' as you put it, and you are trying to make it look like he's setting you up.

So until you prove yourself to me.....Vote commanderHarris

Fraser

sorry but that's just balls. in the tens of mafia games how many times have the goons sacrificed each other first round? no risk voting for each other yes, but actually to the point of killing each other off, hmm not so sure. ( I remember one incident with peanut and maxi a couple of years ago but can't recall the details)

it sounds great in theory but as a viable goon tactic it simple doesn't hold up. Anyone who has been a goon with me in previous games knows I wouldn't consider such a strategy.

Post count (woooo)

MalkyMcFrench 33

yvonnejambo 28

Boof 19

jam tartan 15

Commander Harris 14

Beverley 13

Geoff Kilpatrick 11

Deek 11

Marty-French 11

Albannach 11

scotland 10

thehibsareintheirbeds 9

Csaba Wabba 8

paddyhmfc 8

milky_26 6

kitster 6

Bigsmak 4

Arnold 4

Martin 4

jambopompey 3

BoJack Horseman

As it stood before the mayhem...

Vote count so far;

Kitster-3

Beverley-3

Jamtartan-3

Malky-2

Commander Harris-3

Arnold-1

Marty-1

JamboPompey-1

Bigsmak-1

Scotland-1

Still to vote Eckauskas.

4 way tie

We had a 4 way tie which is overall quite beneficial to the town as it gives us a wider net in which to catch a goon. The only problem was that there was a goon in there and they didn't want to leave it to chance.

Hence:

to save my own skin then unvote jamtartan and vote commander harris cos i ain't no goon

Normally the plea of someone destined for the chop. However Bev was sitting in a tie, so this post reeked of goonly behaviour, and as such, albeit by accident, she was given the boot.

Now why did she have to 'save' herself? Why didn't a goon mate of hers come out and shift the voting slightly? I'd reckon it's because her mates were already involved in the tie.

Using that logic, i'd assume that anyone who had a vote on someone who only had one vote is not a goon. I'll work out who they are shortly, unless anyone else wants to?

Slight Edit for a quick addition:

I'd also like to point out that if anyone who had a vote on Beverely were a goon, then the obvious way to 'save' beverley would be to take the vote of her and move it to CH. Keeping the tie but having it not include her. I'd say that this would remove anyone who had a vote on her from scrutiny, but as that includes me... I can't really exonerated myself can I?

Commander Harris

interesting albanach.

beverley put me in the lead when she had the choice of 2 other posters on 3 votes.

so I think one/both of her partner/s in crime is quite probably kitster or jamtartan.

as jamtartan seems to be very keen on placing the doubt on me when it makes little logical sense given bevs choice of vote then ...

I'm going to unvote deek vote jamtartan

As it stood before the mayhem...

We had a 4 way tie which is overall quite beneficial to the town as it gives us a wider net in which to catch a goon. The only problem was that there was a goon in there and they didn't want to leave it to chance.

Hence:

Normally the plea of someone destined for the chop. However Bev was sitting in a tie, so this post reeked of goonly behaviour, and as such, albeit by accident, she was given the boot.

Now why did she have to 'save' herself? Why didn't a goon mate of hers come out and shift the voting slightly? I'd reckon it's because her mates were already involved in the tie.

Using that logic, i'd assume that anyone who had a vote on someone who only had one vote is not a goon. I'll work out who they are shortly, unless anyone else wants to?

Who all voted for Bev?

to save my own skin then unvote jamtartan and vote commander harris cos i ain't no goon

And who else voted for Jamtartan? Who did Jamtartan vote for?

Commander Harris

this deserves restating:

beverley put me in the lead 5 minutes before a deadline when there were 2 other options available to her in terms of saving her own ass.

the defence rests, you may commence your unvoting of me now. :D

this deserves restating:

beverley put me in the lead 5 minutes before a deadline when there were 2 other options available to her in terms of saving her own ass.

the defence rests, you may commence your unvoting of me now. :D

Ok, I stay true to my word, if i was convinced by your defence, i would unvote you.

unvote commander harris

I'm still watching you though.....

Fraser

At least last night bought us a bit of time, so it's given us a real head start.

Don't think there's enough evidence against any of the main suspects at the moment and I don't want to jump on any bandwagon theories although will see how things develop between now and the deadline. There's a couple of spats going on and it's difficult to tell whether it's a goon winding someone else up or not.

From reading so far, Csaba Wabba's had a lot of random posts. So for now

Vote Csaba Wabba

At least i have posted :42:

Random is my style.

vote martin

:beta1: :beta1: :beta1: :beta1: :beta1: :beta1: :beta1: :beta1:

yvonnejambo

Vote count

Albannach-2

Commander harris-2

Boof-1

Csaba-1

Jamtartan-1

Martin-1

Still to vote; Albannach, Boof, Milky, Kitster, Marty, Jambopompey,Arnold,THARINTB & Scotland

Just home going for a shower I'll have a wee think about what folk have said today. My post count is rubbish due to the fact I work full-time and I've been too busy to get on during lunchtime this week. I'll try and post a few more thoughts of an evening as i'm definately not being defensive. TTFN!

jambopompey

vote kitster

not sure on those others that have votes on just now, a few good theories that we may come back to in later days though

BoJack Horseman

Based on Scotlands tally a few pages back, the final votes stood as;

1 MalkyMcFrench- Bev/Kitster/CH/Bev/kitster/bev

2 Boof- Commander Harris

3 Geoff Kilpatrick-Eckauskas/kitster

4 Kitster- Bev

6 Beverley - JamTartan/CH

7. Albannach- Bev

8 Scotland - Bigsmak

9 Bigsmak - MalkyMcFrench

10 Deek- MalkyMcFrench/ Commander Harris

11 Commander Harris- Boof/Bev

13 milky_26- MartyFrench/JamboPompey

15 jambopompey- JamTartan

17 jam tartan- Bev/kitster

18 thehibsareintheirbeds- Arnold

20 Arnold- marty

21 Marty-French - Milky_26/JamTartan/Bev/kitster/bev

22 Eckauskas- no vote

23 Martin- Scotland

24 Paddy- Bigsmak/Martin/kitster

25 Csaba Wabba - MalkyMcFrench

Final standings:

Beverley-5

Kitster-3

Commander Harris-3

Malky-2

Jamtartan-1

Arnold-1

Marty-1

JamboPompey-1

Bigsmak-1

Scotland-1

So by my logic:

Malky(goon killed), Kitster, Me, CH and Marty are all safe due to their votes on Bev.

Jambopompey, THAITB, Arnold, Milky, Scotland and Martin are all safe for voting on someone with one vote.

Leaving us with Boof, Geoff, Bigsmak, Deek, Paddy and Csaba Wabba as possible goons.

Does that make sense?

So by my logic:

Malky(goon killed), Kitster, Me, CH and Marty are all safe due to their votes on Bev.

Jambopompey, THAITB, Arnold, Milky, Scotland and Martin are all safe for voting on someone with one vote.

Leaving us with Boof, Geoff, Bigsmak, Deek, Paddy and Csaba Wabba as possible goons.

Does that make sense?

Makes perfect sense bud. Will be interesting to see some of the replies to this...

----------------

So by my logic:

Does that make sense?

wooooo

Jam Tartan?

wooooo

change of plan

unvote martin

vote bigsmak.

Reason 1 - I voted for Malky as I was using BS, Bigsmak was the other and i know i didn't kill malky in the night

Reason 2 - He sounds like a burger!

Reason 3 - It is Wednesday today

change of plan

unvote martin

vote bigsmak.

Reason 1 - I voted for Malky as I was using BS, Bigsmak was the other and i know i didn't kill malky in the night

Reason 2 - He sounds like a burger!

Reason 3 - It is Wednesday today

Stop nicking my jokes!

yvonnejambo
wooooo

Jam Tartan?

wooooo

You are dead so no hinting or speculation please :smash:

Just read it proper and see that you weren't doing that so sorry. But still shhhh :)

Does that make sense?

Fatally flawed as I am not a goon.

I used Boof 1001 or whatever it was.

You are dead so no hinting or speculation please :smash:

not speculating, just commenting that he had been left out of Alba's theory so for the sake of his argument it'd be beneficial for hoim to advise where he would place him

BoJack Horseman
wooooo

Jam Tartan?

wooooo

Sorry, Jam Tartan, using that logic, would be in with the goonly group with his vote on Kitster.

Don't think he's speculating Yvonne, just pointing out my omission.

BoJack Horseman
Fatally flawed as I am not a goon.

I used Boof 1001 or whatever it was.

I don't think it's fatally flawed. Obviously i've named more goon suspects than their is goons, so it's obvious there is going to be a few in there who in fact, are not goons. You might well be one of them.

Archived