Wimbledon 2009 thread

djf

As Des Kelly said in the Daily Heil, he's the Chinese takeaway of commentators. Seems like an obvious choice, but strangely unsatisfying.

yeah right shaun, you love him you do. you're playing to a target audience IMO. :)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Can see where you are coming from.

Murray should be putting it about with the womens tennis players.

He should also grow a moustache.

A moustache would do his chances no harm at all with the ladies and would probably give him the ability to go on and be better than Fed.

Gigolo-Aunt
As Des Kelly said in the Daily Heil, he's the Chinese takeaway of commentators. Seems like an obvious choice, but strangely unsatisfying.

You love him you slag.

:10900:

A moustache would do his chances no harm at all with the ladies and would probably give him the ability to go on and be better than Fed.

Damn straight.

:2thumbsup:

Was A-Rod not slipping Mandy Moore a length at one point as well? Top guy.

Game set & match. I really can see Murray going on to win this, he looks to be at the top of his game. He is so ruthless as well which I love.

shaun.lawson
You love him you slag.

:10900:

I admired and defended him as a player. But his comments (or lack thereof) to the media did my head in even then - and he's not changed. Good player; but tennis elbow of the personality it would seem.

shaun.lawson
Was A-Rod not slipping Mandy Moore a length at one point as well? Top guy.

Even better than that: you know how Roddick met his latest piece? He was thumbing through the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue, liked the look of Brooklyn Decker - and got his agent to contact her! They're now married.

Oh to be a top tennis player... :57:

EASY! EASY! EASY!

:4_1_111:

Wow. Wasn't expecting it to be quite as straightforward as that...he barely broke a sweat. Some really nice play going on but it never looked as if it would ever go beyond three sets. He's a tennis menace. Smashing stuff.

Bring on the Pimms, chaps.

That's Gonzalez out now in five sets to Ferrero. So Murray's got Wawrinka in the last sixteen and then either Simon or Ferrero in the quarters.

Bring on the semis!

I P Knightley
That's Gonzalez out now in five sets to Ferrero. So Murray's got Wawrinka in the last sixteen and then either Simon or Ferrero in the quarters.

Brings on a semi!

Awww, man! It's good but not that good :)

The Vulture

Did anyone watch the Lleyton Hewitt game ? Thought he played tremendous. Really good to see him still in the tournament considering the injuries he has had recently.

Murray was brilliant there today some of the shots were just mind blowing.Not seen too much of the tournament so far but will be watching more now it is getting to the nitty gritty.The male players I have seen though none of them seem to have Murray's touch yeah they can all bang the ball but some of the touches by Murray are unreal.Not seen any of Federer yet though this year.

Awww, man! It's good but not that good :)

It's good but it's not quite right

www-edcomfest-com-shows-Roy_Walker_Goodbye_Mr_Chips.jpg

Did anyone watch the Lleyton Hewitt game ? Thought he played tremendous. Really good to see him still in the tournament considering the injuries he has had recently.

Saw bits of it, it's always good when you see an old champion making a go of it and fair play to him for carrying on with his career because he could have easily given up. His next match with Stepanek will be entertaining as both of them tend to wind players up.

Murray was brilliant there today some of the shots were just mind blowing.Not seen too much of the tournament so far but will be watching more now it is getting to the nitty gritty.The male players I have seen though none of them seem to have Murray's touch yeah they can all bang the ball but some of the touches by Murray are unreal.Not seen any of Federer yet though this year.

In terms of touch and ability, Murray and Federer are streets ahead of the rest. The only other guy who has that much ability on that side of it is Santoro but he's almost 37 and virtually retired now.

The Old Tolbooth

I'm not the biggest Murray fan but I've watched all 3 of his games so far and he just gets better and better, his performance today was simply outstanding and some of the shots he creates from nothing is unbelievable!

I'm not sure if he's good enough to beat Federer in the final but he really cant be far away playing like that, although Federer has looked awesome too, it could be a classic if/when they meet!

chester copperpot
Wonder when the last time a hibee won wimbledon was. I am a murray fan, but im fickle.

Lolz, hibees, haha, mon the feckers. lozl

The Old Tolbooth
Lolz, hibees, haha, mon the feckers. lozl

I reckon you've been on the pish with Doug today mate! :10900:

chester copperpot
I reckon you've been on the pish with Doug today mate! :10900:

Na am alright bro.

loveofthegame

Murray crushed Troiski today. Don't want to get to far ahead of myself but he's certainly looking very very good. Tough match coming up next though...

Fed is two sets up on Soderling.

Soderling is such a frustrating player, he can look brilliant for a game and then play like an amateur when it really matters. Quite like him though.

Fed is two sets up on Soderling.

Soderling is such a frustrating player, he can look brilliant for a game and then play like an amateur when it really matters. Quite like him though.

Interesting the way they move around the court. Federer always looks so relaxed and smooth. Soderling in contrast looks stiff and like he is thinking about every shot.

Igor Andreev - Lucky boy

Mixed doubles partner for Kirilenko.

Hopefully he turns out to be able to play tennis and keep this fox in the tournement.

Andreev beaten today by Tommy Haas so hopefully we'll see Ms Kirilenko on the red button sometime soon!!

I P Knightley
Andreev beaten today by Tommy Haas so hopefully we'll see Ms Kirilenko on the red button sometime soon!!

Is she still in it?

Maybe someone could post up photographs of Kirilenko and (I think) Wozniacki so that Samster is able to distinguish.

I P Knightley
The lead singer for the Red Hot Chilli Peppers has just won the first set in his match on centre court.

Just goes to prove that he's not a woman. Women don't come from a break down to win a set, do they?

This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 1 seconds.

Pah! ONE second!!

The roof is seriously rather impressive!!! Not long to go till we see what Mr Murray is made of :10900:

The Vulture

Fed is turning into a German, saying he was happy to win a game that turned into a serving war.

Really hope Hewitt gets through along with Murray. I'm already getting excited about the potential semi finals and we ain't even there yet !

Come on Andy.................................do your best !:2thumbsup:

Federer could face a potential banana skin next round. Karlovic looks to be going through and his serving so far this tournament has been ridiculous. He is absolutely terrible at everything else though!

I P Knightley
The roof is closing. INCREDIBLE SCENES.

I think it's another one of those JFK or 9/11 moments. We'll all remember where we were when they first closed the roof at Centre Court.

Me? I was mowing the lawn. They had "women's" tennis on.

Fed is turning into a German, saying he was happy to win a game that turned into a serving war.

Really hope Hewitt gets through along with Murray. I'm already getting excited about the potential semi finals and we ain't even there yet !

Come on Andy.................................do your best !:2thumbsup:

Will be quite something if Hewitt makes it through this one. At 4-1 down on the way to losing the second set, he had a lengthy spell with the medical man.

Trounced Stepanek in the third to bring it back to 2-1 down and the 4th is just under way with him breaking Stepanek in the first game.

I think it's another one of those JFK or 9/11 moments. We'll all remember where we were when they first closed the roof at Centre Court.

I was eating a pot noodle. I might keep the pot as a souvenir.

I P Knightley
I was eating a pot noodle. I might keep the pot as a souvenir.

Cracking idea. I'm out to bag up the lawn cuttings.

To think I nearly threw them out.

I owe you, IJ.

The Vulture
Trounced Stepanek in the third to bring it back to 2-1 down and the 4th is just under way with him breaking Stepanek in the first game.

Hewitt is on fire, broke again in the third, so it looks as if that game is heading for a fifth set. Sad that the crowd watching behind the Aussie fans had to complain about their behaviour. :57:

Hewitt is on fire, broke again in the third, so it looks as if that game is heading for a fifth set. Sad that the crowd watching behind the Aussie fans had to complain about their behaviour. :57:

The Aussie fans are a laugh. No one will be complaining when every fecker is screaming during Murrays match.

Tommy Wiseau

Surely the quotation marks are in the wrong place? I think you meant to say women's "tennis"... :laugh:

I P Knightley
Surely the quotation marks are in the wrong place? I think you meant to say women's "tennis"... :laugh:

Two pairs of doubt marks required really.

Did you look at them? The one without sleeves ain't no woman! The one with sleeves has a similar physique to me.

If they are both women, then you're right. It's not tennis.

that mauresmo vs safina match is one for the real tennis menaces is it not?

east of scotland on the eye.

Karlovic through to face Federer in the quarters. Last tiebreak there was a bit of a marathon. The guy's serve is incredible but it'll all be about Federer being able to get the ball back.

Some comeback from Hewitt as well into the fifth set now.

Did anyone just hear that commentry in the Hewitt match?!

'The break. Yoooooooooou little Aussie battler.'

Honestly though he was about to call him a little Aussie Barsteward!

Archived