Wimbledon 2009 thread

djf

Did anyone just hear that commentry in the Hewitt match?!

'The break. Yoooooooooou little Aussie battler.'

Honestly though he was about to call him a little Aussie Barsteward!

think there's enough aussie bar stewards already.

'mon the hobo.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crikey, I'm verging on nervous excitement...something I would normally only ever experience before a football match. I'm getting really quite into this tennis stuff.

So, Wawrinka...I know he and Murray are chums but not much else. Anyone know the lowdown on 'Stan'?

Crikey, I'm verging on nervous excitement...something I would normally only ever experience before a football match. I'm getting really quite into this tennis stuff.

So, Wawrinka...I know he and Murray are chums but not much else. Anyone know the lowdown on 'Stan'?

by all accounts he will be far and away the best player he's played so far. stands to reason with it being later in the tournament i suppose.

ex top 10 player, experienced, great backhand.

by all accounts he will be far and away the best player he's played so far. stands to reason with it being later in the tournament i suppose.

ex top 10 player, experienced, great backhand.

I read this morning that they practice together fairly often, so they'd probably know each others' game pretty well. Think this could be a 5 set'er?

I read this morning that they practice together fairly often, so they'd probably know each others' game pretty well. Think this could be a 5 set'er?

he's got his work cut out. the backhand isn't half good.

Frankenstein Jambo.
Good stuff from Andy there

Murray has just been broke - Have a funny feeling about Murray lossing this match.

Not the greatest start but Wawrinka is more of a slow court player and hasn't been that impressive in the tournament so far. Not worried yet, still a long way to go. It's still all up to Murray.

Hewitt through and in that match, good to see a bit of atmosphere for once.

Not the greatest start but Wawrinka is more of a slow court player and hasn't been that impressive in the tournament so far. Not worried yet, still a long way to go. It's still all up to Murray.

Hewitt through and in that match, good to see a bit of atmosphere for once.

he must have been taking the **** or at a betting scam or something 'cos he looks mighty good now. big hitting and running murray all over the gaff.

murray's napper is doon already but he'll get over himself hopefully.

come on you hibs radge.

loveofthegame

****e, double break down... not what you'd call a great start, first set all but over if Wawrinka holds here.

I'm actually flinching everytime that guy lets his backhand rip!!

I'm trying to enjoy it though..that is when my darling son doesn't come through and switch the TV off!! I mean he's already dominating the livingroom with spiderman what more does he want?? pppffft :th_o:

he must have been taking the **** or at a betting scam or something 'cos he looks mighty good now. big hitting and running murray all over the gaff.

murray's napper is doon already but he'll get over himself hopefully.

come on you hibs radge.

Think it's more to do with the fact that one guy is completely free from the pressure and the other is still full of nerves.

It's one of these matches where Murray's got to go for his shots and let Wawrinka run about, not the other way about.

Murray has just been broke - Have a funny feeling about Murray lossing this match.

Hope you backed Wawrinka then! You'll be sick having a hunch and not going for it.....if he wins!

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

The good thing about this start is Murrays odds have went up so I've backed him.

I P Knightley
What is the matter with him ? Come on Andy !!!! Play your game !

I think part of his problem is that he hasn't got A game. He varies for each opponent. Sometimes he takes a while to settle into his game plan.

I hope that's the reason for such a poor start.

Frankenstein Jambo.
Hope you backed Wawrinka then! You'll be sick having a hunch and not going for it.....if he wins!

:hang:

Think it's more to do with the fact that one guy is completely free from the pressure and the other is still full of nerves.

It's one of these matches where Murray's got to go for his shots and let Wawrinka run about, not the other way about.

he's got to relax and go for the shots, you're right. he's just so tight and he's making unforced errors which is just compounding the fact that the boy is playing federer-esque tennis.

it doesn't look great to be brutally frank.

Murray 5-1 down at the moment. Familiar score for a Hobo. :10900:

He's slowly getting himself into the match. Getting a bit more confidence.

I predict he will win 3-1.

murray's next couple of service games are huge to this game. can't afford to allow the boy a quick break and a comfort zone.

come on ya hobo bawbag.

He's slowly getting himself into the match. Getting a bit more confidence.

I predict he will win 3-1.

I guess you would if you've stuck money on him at decent odds! :wink:

Even Ewan McGregor looks perplexed.

I'm going with the theory that this is all part of some Murray orchestrated ploy to get himself a 5 set match. :unsure:

A storming comeback in the second set would be helpful...

he's got to relax and go for the shots, you're right. he's just so tight and he's making unforced errors which is just compounding the fact that the boy is playing federer-esque tennis.

it doesn't look great to be brutally frank.

It's strange to see him playing with so many nerves, especially as he has a reasonable record against Wawrinka.

Although because his draw has been so easy up till now, he's just naturally under more pressure as Wawrinka could cause him problems. Not sure Wawrinka can keep his standard so high though and Murray's standard can't be any worse than in the first set.

Superb game from Murray. If he breaks him now then I reckon the set is his.

Wimbledon crowd have to get their finger oot though. Terrible support.

It's strange to see him playing with so many nerves, especially as he has a reasonable record against Wawrinka.

Although because his draw has been so easy up till now, he's just naturally under more pressure as Wawrinka could cause him problems. Not sure Wawrinka can keep his standard so high though and Murray's standard can't be any worse than in the first set.

i see it as being on a knife edge. next break of serve is vital. if it goes to murray then i could see the other boy possibly getting a bit wobbly.

Exactly. They just mentioned that they think that was the best set Wawrinka has ever played and it's obvious that Andy's well under par so hopefully he's only going to settle into the match now...

Breaking Wawrinka now would be a good plan though.

Wimbledon crowd have to get their finger oot though. Terrible support.

The crowd is a joke. Too many people getting tickets based on who they know or just aren't that interested. Add that to the English folk who won't support Murray.

i see it as being on a knife edge. next break of serve is vital. if it goes to murray then i could see the other boy possibly getting a bit wobbly.

Agree. Murray needs the break to settle him down. At the very least he needs to keep it tight on his own serve because Wawrinka has never been great under pressure.

Stating the absolute obvious but he really, really can't afford to go a break down in this set.

Brilliant from Murray. Thought he had blown it.

Get behind him now you bunch of middle class tossers.

Exactly. They just mentioned that they think that was the best set Wawrinka has ever played and it's obvious that Andy's well under par so hopefully he's only going to settle into the match now...

Breaking Wawrinka now would be a good plan though.

Saving those two break points will hopefully settle him down and give him the confidence, at the same time putting doubt in Wawrinka's mind because he missed a huge chance there.

Excellent point there.

He really needs to up his 1st serve % as his second serve has not got anywhere near enough power in it.

was that aimed at wimbledon or kickback?

That was a MASSIVE game just there. My wee boy came through pretending he was a cowboy and I said please shoosh just now son this is a huge couple of points for a scottish tennis player. When he won the game he also punched the air and said yes!!! along with me!! Awhhhh I'm so proud..I'll get him into 24/7 live sport if it kills me :stuart:

was that aimed at wimbledon or kickback?

Well put it this way, middle class Jambos are few and far between. :D

How powerfull is this fecker. Andy is looking like the frail wee laddie of a few years ago.

Well put it this way, middle class Jambos are few and far between. :D

How powerfull is this fecker. Andy is looking like the frail wee laddie of a few years ago.

yes the boy is one brutal MF.

the trainer is at him though. :D hope his leg falls off.... temporarily.

yes the boy is one brutal MF.

the trainer is at him though. :D hope his leg falls off.... temporarily.

I think John Mac is right though..mind games at their best..I'm sure the magic sponge has cured him of all injury :lightbulb:

I think John Mac is right though..mind games at their best..I'm sure the magic sponge has cured him of all injury :lightbulb:

probably a planned move. dirty cheating swiss.

Archived