Wimbledon 2009 thread

djf

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Vulture

Real ding dong battle this, the rallies are fantastic, more like Roland Garros than Wimbledon. Both players contributing to an epic game.

Carl Weathers
He has a stunning girlfriend - or casual lady friend, at least. No pics I'm afraid - but whereas I thought Jelena Jankovic turned him down a couple of years ago because, well, he just doesn't match up to her in the looks departments, this broad was something else!

Good effort. It must be the hair.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

They slow motion bouncing chebs were superb. I don't mind paying my license fee for coverage like that.

Carl Weathers
They slow motion bouncing chebs were superb. I don't mind paying my license fee for coverage like that.

I'm missing everything tonight.

:43:

He has a stunning girlfriend - or casual lady friend, at least. No pics I'm afraid - but whereas I thought Jelena Jankovic turned him down a couple of years ago because, well, he just doesn't match up to her in the looks departments, this broad was something else!

Is Jelena your best mate you don't fancy sleeping with? :stuart:

All tennis should be on after the watershed if that's what their coverage will be like.

heartgarfunkel

Just had a text from a mate simply asking:

'Would you sh*g Murray's ma?'

A no from me in this instance.

I can't think of anything worse than being in the centre court amongst the bunch of tossers who are watching this.

All tennis should be on after the watershed if that's what their coverage will be like.

Since 9 pm Ewan McGregor and Sir Trev have been sacked for all the nicest birds in the stadium. Pleasing.

Naw once was enough:10900:

shaun.lawson
Is Jelena your best mate you don't fancy sleeping with? :stuart:

:laugh:

Touche! I think she's very hot. Ivanovic gets all the media attention - but Jankovic is great.

The Vulture

I think Murray will hold his serve and then break the Swiss boy to win this set 6-4 and the game 3-1. :th_o:

Carl Weathers

Touche! I think she's very hot. Ivanovic gets all the media attention - but Jankovic is great.

She has an 'unusual' look. Sometimes looks good though.

Do these camera guys get trained in this type of thing ?

They can spot a pair of exposed chebs even in a 90,000 crowd :2thumbsup:

She's really not.

shaun.lawson
I can't think of anything worse than being in the centre court amongst the bunch of tossers who are watching this.

I would agree - but this is the hottest day of the year so far. There's tit Monday - then there's tit Monday... :dribble:

shaun.lawson
She's really not.

She looks interesting and unconventional - not formulaic like Ivanovic. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, Sir.

Since 9 pm Ewan McGregor and Sir Trev have been sacked for all the nicest birds in the stadium. Pleasing.

For once the BBC give the public what they want.

Do these camera guys get trained in this type of thing ?

They can spot a pair of exposed chebs even in a 90,000 crowd :2thumbsup:

They don't call them professionals for nothing.

omg Shaun!! You've actually agreed with me for once!!! I now need to get the champers on ice with strawberrys and cream and find Jelena on facebook..I wonder if she's up for a 3 setter :10900:

Carl Weathers
Heavens no, even all tarted up she looks like she has the mumps.

jelena_jankovic_tape_la_pose_jelena_jankovic_81.jpg

Great body though. No doubt about that.

shaun.lawson
omg Shaun!! You've actually agreed with me for once!!! I now need to get the champers on ice with strawberrys and cream and find Jelena on facebook..I wonder if she's up for a 3 setter :10900:

That's an idea! I've already found Gabriela Sabatini. Unfortunately, I think it's just a fan page. :57:

She looks interesting and unconventional - not formulaic like Ivanovic. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, Sir.

True.

I don't think she is bad looking or anything, just don't think she is anything special, plenty others in the tennis circuit a fair bit better.

This match really is still on a knife edge. I've been assuming Murray was going to win it since he went 2-1 up but really it could still go either way.

Dr. Bapswent
Great body though. No doubt about that.

She's an athelete, thats the least you can expect.

Is it too much to ask for a face that doesn look like its been dropped down the stairs?

Carl Weathers
She's an athelete, thats the least you can expect.

Is it too much to ask for a face that doesn look like its been dropped down the stairs?

You'd hope so but did you see Safina's match earlier? She's not even got the body. And the girl she was playing looked solid. Bad times.

True.

I don't think she is bad looking or anything, just don't think she is anything special, plenty others in the tennis circuit a fair bit better.

This match really is still on a knife edge. I've been assuming Murray was going to win it since he went 2-1 up but really it could still go either way.

It is indeed. He just can't finish him off.

EDIT: Murray's just been broken. Looks like it's going all the way.

You'd hope so but did you see Safina's match earlier? She's not even got the body. And the girl she was playing looked solid. Bad times.

Almost as flat chested as Justine Henin.

Boak.

Dr. Bapswent

I did.

They just pointed at each other over the net.

Pete Seeger

I'd have to be dragged off her. :smiley2:

shaun.lawson

I only caught bits of Safina's match. That top she was wearing: was that a belly she was exposing underneath? I couldn't quite make it out, but it looked like it at times. And she's world number one FFS!

Not good. Had the chance to finish him off in that fourth set and just didn't seem to focus enough.

Got to get it back straight away.

Dunno if my nerves can handle a 5th set.

It's just gonna have to AP..i really thought at a few points your 3-1 prediction was in the bag..but he is very similar to watching Scotland play a football match!! I hope you are quids in at the end of this one, FFS WIMBLEDON MAKE SOME NOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!

scottish_chicP
Dunno if my nerves can handle a 5th set.

Me neither here's hoping he can do it though!

Some of the crowd leaving.

What an embarrassment.

A Brit winning Wimbledon can't be that important to some.

Dr. Bapswent

What an embarrassment.

He didnt win yet, so he must be Scottish at the moment.

What an embarrassment.

Ridiculous.

The people who would actually create an atmosphere aren't able to get tickets.

What an embarrassment.

to be fair it's unprecedented to be playing at this time. maybe some folk have stuff to do, jobs to go to, blah blah.

decent hold there, lets hope he can get a quick break.

scottish_chicP
Ridiculous.

The people who would actually create an atmosphere aren't able to get tickets.

Yeah they are all stuck out on the hill!!

He didnt win yet, so he must be Scottish at the moment.

That stuff doesn't bother me really.

If we are honest, he was produced in Barcelona so none of us can have bragging rights!

Archived