SHORT SHARP MAFIA

Boof

that would be smashing. may well change my vote unless they have a defence of some kind.

are they noobs?

MY defece is that Jen istelling everyone to vote for Maxi, therefore offloading the suspicion onto maxi and off of her. That is all. Probably wrong.

You then said 'until someone makes themselves look suspicious.' and what i said before made me feel as if she was making herself look suspicious. Bet you're going to turn around and vote for me now, aren't you?

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boof, what happens in the event of a tied vote?

Are you leaving it up to the masons, or doing it randomly or what?

Sorry if you've already said and I just haven't seen it.

Rick Grimes
MY defece is that Jen istelling everyone to vote for Maxi, therefore offloading the suspicion onto maxi and off of her. That is all. Probably wrong.

You then said 'until someone makes themselves look suspicious.' and what i said before made me feel as if she was making herself look suspicious. Bet you're going to turn around and vote for me now, aren't you?

maybe! because all Jen did was choose a random person and vote for them. that's not offloading suspicion or telling folk to vote for him as i see it, its just what everyone kinda has to do on day one as theere's generally nothing to go on. the only suspicious thing of note so far is you & Acey.

(if she turns out to be a goon then i'm going to look well dodgy).

Commander Harris

glad acey and paddy have seen sense and unvoted me. :)

BoJack Horseman

Seems to be quite a wide spread of voting going on, which is natural on day one due to people not wanting to pile on incase they look goonly. Going to stick with my vote as I have absolutely no idea whats going on yet.

Boof, what happens in the event of a tied vote?

Are you leaving it up to the masons, or doing it randomly or what?

Sorry if you've already said and I just haven't seen it.

S'alright - I haven't said yet.

Because I haven't even considered it :D

But now that I have, I think I might go for the penalty shoot-out approach.

It's been tried before and was a bit of a hoot - possibly not for the participants, but for the watching throng it provided a bit of light entertainment.

Good to see everyone so active. I'll leave my vote where it is now, mainly because no one is giving anything away but there's still a bit to go.

jambopompey

vote beverley

she always claims to be a townie, maybe this time she is lying

Must have missed the bit where I told everyone to vote for Maxi!

I have nothing to believe Maxi is a goon, but since he was the top poster and had no votes I decided to vote for him. I have nothing to go on, and am waiting for someone to make themselves look suspicious.

You're making a good start by jumping on Acey's vote!

Post count (only for those playing)

jam tartan 14

thehibsareintheirbeds 9

Beverley 9

Maximus 7

MalkyMcFrench 7

Martin 6

MedicoHearts 6

Commander Harris 6

Albannach 5

Marty-French 5

paddyhmfc 4

JamboJen 4

milky_26 3

scotland 3

tedp6873 2

Acey 2

jambopompey 2

Commander Harris
Unvote Beverley

Vote harris

Say what?

so predictable :D

maybe! because all Jen did was choose a random person and vote for them. that's not offloading suspicion or telling folk to vote for him as i see it, its just what everyone kinda has to do on day one as theere's generally nothing to go on. the only suspicious thing of note so far is you & Acey.

(if she turns out to be a goon then i'm going to look well dodgy).

Must have missed the bit where I told everyone to vote for Maxi!

I have nothing to believe Maxi is a goon, but since he was the top poster and had no votes I decided to vote for him. I have nothing to go on, and am waiting for someone to make themselves look suspicious.

You're making a good start by jumping on Acey's vote!

Right, just read the post in question again and i have to apologise as i have obviously read it wrong. I read it as everyone vote for maxi as until there is anything suspicious turns up. When obviously it was meant to read I vote Maxi until there is anything suspicious turns up. Well i've completely ballsed this up! And as a mark of apology for my complete stupidity, I will change my vote back, if possible, to almmanach. Oh, and I could completely understand if you wanted to vote for me as I have made a complete erse of myself and made myself look suspicious. Oh well, here goes:

Unvote JamboJen

Vote Almmanach

No worries, Scotland.

Now that you've explained it I actually see why you read it that way, it's just that no-one ever says "I vote".

scotland you have to make it bold for it to count bud

excitable newbie on our hands methinks

scotland you have to make it bold for it to count bud

excitable newbie on our hands methinks

TBF, it's understandable.

I know I will get be slaughtered for this, but there was one morning during the last game where I was in that half awake/half asleep kind of mode where your dreams are partly thought-led and I dreamt that I was sitting reading the Mafia thread and finding out why everyone was voting for everyone else.

Totally surreal.

So I think as long as newbies post, whch Scotland is doing, it can only be good for the game as it adds a bit of enthusiasm which some of the more regular players may have lost.

So I think as long as newbies post, whch Scotland is doing, it can only be good for the game as it adds a bit of enthusiasm which some of the more regular players may have lost.

agree, I can remember my first game I was like a dog with bone to get Boof lynched, problem was he was bloody innocent :57:

agree, I can remember my first game I was like a dog with bone to get Boof lynched, problem was he was bloody innocent :57:

As was I in the EastEnders game with pretty much everyone I ever voted for. My regret is that I found Deek suspicious from day one but he laid low so it's hard to pin anything on anyone like that. Townies would then come out and do/say something suspicious which drew everyone's attention onto them and usually resulted in a lynch.

I had a final list of you, Deek, Marty and Boof I think, about three quarters of the way through but somehow you slipped off my radar.

Damn you! :th_o:

jambopompey
As was I in the EastEnders game with pretty much everyone I ever voted for. My regret is that I found Deek suspicious from day one but he laid low so it's hard to pin anything on anyone like that. Townies would then come out and do/say something suspicious which drew everyone's attention onto them and usually resulted in a lynch.

I had a final list of you, Deek, Marty and Boof I think, about three quarters of the way through but somehow you slipped off my radar.

we had everyone as a goon in the last game, even during our talks via PM as masons in that game, you done well for your first game, shame we never nailed deek as that was one of the targets we did have.

I_am_legend.jpg

May as well make it a bit more interesting, see if we can draw some goons out of their hiding places...

Unvote Paddy

Vote Bev

Think that puts it on Acey, Bev and Marty all on 3 votes now.

Chris Benoit

Damn you kids if i get killed while i'm at the pub there'll be trouble and don't you forget it :smiley2::21::2thumbsup:

Commander Harris

my very first game I went after boof in a cracking aggressive manoeuver(i was mafia) It ended with me getting lynched but I still think it was my finest mafia hour. (other than taking out all the bad guys single-handedly as Van Helsing in the vampire game :))

May as well make it a bit more interesting, see if we can draw some goons out of their hiding places...

Unvote Paddy

Vote Bev

Think that puts it on Acey, Bev and Marty all on 3 votes now.

any reason why?

i'm not a goon, no role AGAIN

i'll bet jam tartan is though cos he stole my number, and it was probably due to come up.

i'm not sure of anyone at the moment, but i'm badly wanting to go for the goons from the last game, just to see if there is any boof style mischief going on!

To explain my JamboJen vote, doesn't it strike you all as a bit odd how she's like "Ooh, I don't want to put my head above the parapet until I see something 'suspicious' [read - when everyone else jumps on someone]. In the meantime, here's a vote for a random."

I'd bet my townie shoes that, if kept in the game, she will never lead the charge against someone else.

any reason why?

i'm not a goon, no role AGAIN

i'll bet jam tartan is though cos he stole my number, and it was probably due to come up.

i'm not sure of anyone at the moment, but i'm badly wanting to go for the goons from the last game, just to see if there is any boof style mischief going on!

Not particularly, I have no idea who the goons are, so there's as much chance of getting one with a 3-way shoot out as there is with a 2-way shoot out in my opinion right now.

Also, with more people tied on a vote, it's more likely that one of them will be a goon and one of their goon friends will have to step in to try and save the day.

fair enough meds, but you're deffo wrong about me

as you were in the last game!

Commander Harris

bullpoo :(

i need to head out so will miss the pre-deadline rush of mad voting.

good night all. :)

I told you to kill boof, he is like CH, he can't contain his excitment when he gets to be a baddie. Like a dog with a boner. As you will find out Maxi is always right......5 times out of 10.

Commander Harris
I told you to kill boof, he is like CH, he can't contain his excitement when he gets to be a baddie. Like a dog with a boner. As you will find out Maxi is always right......5 times out of 10.

sometimes I can't contain my excitement when I'm a townie! it really does just depends on my mood rather than my role.

too many food additives perhaps :P

To explain my JamboJen vote, doesn't it strike you all as a bit odd how she's like "Ooh, I don't want to put my head above the parapet until I see something 'suspicious' [read - when everyone else jumps on someone]. In the meantime, here's a vote for a random."

I'd bet my townie shoes that, if kept in the game, she will never lead the charge against someone else.

I led the charge against pretty much everyone in the last game and was completely wrong and that was with what could loosely be called "evidence". At this early stage I'm not going to trust what anyone else puts forward as an argument to vote for someone because I could quite easily be listening to a goon.

While you may read "suspicious" as me waiting for everyone else to vote for someone, I meant "suspicious" as "if/when someone does something suspicious in my eyes I'll focus my attention their way".

You seem rather certain of my intentions for the first day and since this is only my second game and you didn't play in my first, can I ask what makes you so sure of the supposed hidden meaning in my words?

Think this is the current standings

Marty 3

Acey 3

Beverley 3

JamboJen 1

Paddy 1

jam tartan 1

jambopompey 1

Malky 1

Maximus 1

Harris 1

Albannach 1

BoJack Horseman
Right, just read the post in question again and i have to apologise as i have obviously read it wrong. I read it as everyone vote for maxi as until there is anything suspicious turns up. When obviously it was meant to read I vote Maxi until there is anything suspicious turns up. Well i've completely ballsed this up! And as a mark of apology for my complete stupidity, I will change my vote back, if possible, to almmanach. Oh, and I could completely understand if you wanted to vote for me as I have made a complete erse of myself and made myself look suspicious. Oh well, here goes:

Unvote JamboJen

Vote Almmanach

Maybe try revote with the correct spelling? :)

Rick Grimes

ok, scotland that's a reasonable excuse for a newb. as you'll come to learn i'm consistently hopeless in these games anyway so being accused by me is not necessarily a bad thing. i think the Heroes themed game was about the only one where i was doing well.... as Sylar. no role this time tho. :(

Acey - nah, not suspicious of Jen yet. i think her post was entirely innocent at this point. we're just shooting in the dark & probably will for a day or two.

my vote for Bev is based on nothing too. there's nothing to base anything on yet.

Rick Grimes
Maybe try revote with the correct spelling? :)

if we go with a mispelling can we call you Almanac? or Broons' Annual?

anyway, i won't be back before the deadline now. off to PS3 it a bit more.

Kill Acey.

Damn, Charlie Brooker was right you really can't just vote out the bits you don't like. It's just an illusion.

Damn you reality TV!!! Damn you to helll.

It was a bit dodgy that Acey tried to jump on Jen's post like that, even though she was wronger than wrong to vote me.

thehibsareintheirbeds

I'm struggling.

The whole acey and scotland thing still seems strange to me but i just cant decide if its coincidence or something more sinister.

maxi's vote puts acey up for the lynch now- but what i cant quite get my head round is why acey is getting all the votes when it was scotland that jumped in straight after him- surely that would make him equally, if not more goon like? newbie or not.....am away for a long hard think

is that not the deadline??

thought it was 9pm tonight??

edit, just checked, its 10pm

Up to post #146

Acey, Beverley, Marty - 3

Paddy, jam tartan, Malky, JamboJen, Maximus, pompey, CH, Albannach - 1

Unless anybody's got something different.

20 or so minutes to deadline - I'll accept vote changes timed up to and including 9:59 pm JKB time.

thehibsareintheirbeds

so we're back to marty, bev and acey for a lynch as far as i can tell

not seen anything to make me want to do anything to alter that so far.

really not a lot to go on

There really is nothing to go on just now. I suppose it'll make a change with it going to a tie this early. I'm not changing my vote and I'm not going for one of the three in danger because I don't want to get blamed.

Archived