SHORT SHARP MAFIA

Boof

Maybe we should just fix all future votes so they go to a penalty shoot out :laugh:

only if every does the pictorial like me and uly have done cos its more fun :10900:

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, sudden death.

Uly still going first.

He steps up and has an image of a celebrating Acey in his mind. He shoots. The ball flies straight as an arrow to his left. Straight as an arrow into Beverley's waiting gloves as she leaps cat-like to her right and clutches the ball for a vital SAVE.

It could be all over with this kick.

Beverley, showing Hearts-2006-cup-final-like consistency, once more fires the ball to her left.

Ulysses, anticipating the shot dives early.

He flies to his left.

And it's a GOAL.

It's all over.

Well, for Acey it is.

The watching crowd take him to the top of the nearest floodlight pylon and drop him unceremoniously to his early demise.

I'll be back soon.

uly/acey

darthfail.jpg

i really hope you're a goon

you were a worthy opponant though

It could be all over with this kick.

Beverley, showing Hearts-2006-cup-final-like consistency, once more fires the ball to her left.

i'm glad you picked up on that :10900:

only if every does the pictorial like me and uly have done cos its more fun :10900:

Definitely. This game may have peaked too soon in terms of entertainment. It can only go downhill from here!

We'll keep voting for you, so you can get to a penalty shoot out again. Although it might give Boof a nervous breakdown having to do this every night :stuart:

you were a worthy opponant though

woooooooooooooooo

I might be dead, but at least I can feckin' spell. :mw_tease::biggrin:

woooooooooooooooo

martin, rather than voting for me, why not actually try and sniff out the goons??

i'm not a goon, again i have no role, and the point IS to kill goons nyet?

woooooooooooooooo

I might be dead, but at least I can feckin' spell. :mw_tease::biggrin:

woooooooooooooooo

oh bite my living arse you dead man walking :P

thehibsareintheirbeds

that was epic.

bev, if you've got us a goon after sudden death penalties- that would be some way to start us off.

:hang:

i'm hoping we got one hibsareintheirbeds

alls i know is there is no-one i can trust cos the only people who have "pals" in this game are the goons

i'd lay money on the fact at least 1 of the goons voted me though

Goon is Aussie slang for cheap box wine, so lets sniff out the goon and celebrate Acey's demise!!!:behead:

maxi baby

could you get me a large glass of red wine please daaahling

oh bite my living arse you dead man walking :P

woooooooooooooooooo

There's no answer to that. I'll just fade out of the game now. :ninja:

woooooooooooooooooo

martin, rather than voting for me, why not actually try and sniff out the goons??

i'm not a goon, again i have no role, and the point IS to kill goons nyet?

I've not voted for you. I only meant put you back in a penalty shoot out for entertainment purposes.

I wouldn't say you are a goon and even if you are, you've earned the right to stick around this game for a while. Plenty of other people to go after.

So, Acey bites the dust early...again.

Acey - moderator of JKB's very first Mafia game.

Acey - definitely not a noob.

Acey - done in by a crazed lynch-mob.

Acey - townie.

Yep, Acey - townie, has left the town.

During the night the goons went for a look-see.

Malky was packing his suitcase for another trip to beautiful Norway. His blood-spattered passport was found the following morning by his fellow Masons.

Malky - Mason, killed by the goons.

The Cop was busy and checked out a player. The cop and remaining masons have received that result already.

The Doctor chose to keep the medication under lock and key for this night.

It is now morning.

15 players remain, so 8 for a lynch.

All players posted and voted so nobody is on the naughty step. Thanks and please try to keep it up.

Deadline is 10 pm Saturday night.

uly, i'd say you ought to play a game, but i think you'd have an unfair advantage cos you'd just read all the pm's lol

Well that was certainly more entertaining than letting the masons pick!

Let's just hope it's been a bit more successful than they were in the last game too...

EDIT: Looks like my hoping never did much good then

Not good at all. Seemed inevitable that they would go after Malky due to the past few games and it's even worse considering he was a mason.

The bad run continues, we've got to do something about it.

*******s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

remember what I said

EDIT - could I just add I believe we are dealing with potential newbie/inexperienced goons, if I was a goon I would be trying to set me up for a lynch rather than kill me following the last few games

we need to be a bit more careful in our voting this time around and try and make sure we are not too hasty

wheres the statto from the last game, can't recall if it was jen or medico that was posting the spreadsheet thingummy... the games have become abit of a blur to be honest

lets see who voted for who

i'm not a fan of the post count "vote low posters" cos i think thats how we grannied ourselves the last game

thehibsareintheirbeds

oh dear, not the best start. roll on tomorrow, we're bound to fluke a goon one of these days.

ach well, see yous in the morning, when i'll try and determine something meaningful about today from my spreadsheet.

votes as of 4pm yesterday

Since I'm bored, and as long as there's been no changes since post #97

Red shows the current active vote

1 Marty-French Milky / Acey

2 maxi jam tartan / Marty

3 tedp6873 Marty

4 Medico Paddy

5 Beverley jam tartan

6 jam tartan Beverley

7 Albannach Malky

8 malkymcfrench Marty

9 milky_26 tedp

10 Acey Commander Harris / JamboJen

11 JamboJen Maximus

12 jambopompey

13 Commander Harris Acey

14 Paddy Maxi / Commander Harris / Beverley

15 thehibsareintheirbeds Martin / Paddy

16 scotland Albannach / JamboJen

17 Martin jambopompey

Rick Grimes

ffs.... that's a cracking start. :(

ok, will cogitate over night and post in the morning. to warn you all btw, i'm out straight after the game all evening (Dad's birthday) so won't be on tomoro after lunch. will be back and being useless on sunday

Hmm are more up to date one would be handy, tbh I think the maftas will be playing it low profile so I'll be keeping my beady eye on those who didn't vote for Beverley or Acey.

Corrie-Tony-wk52-290x400-9.jpg

just home after doing my bit for charidee, my works charity fund is ?800 lighter but definately worth it

if that doesn't prove I am as far from evil as is possible in this game I don't know what does

Maybe didn't help myself with this one

Corrie-Tony-wk52-290x400-9.jpg

what a horrible pic

who is that? the weegie terrorrist banjoer?

edit, just noticed it says corrie in the link d'oh!

not watched that in years

Ok here's an updated post from Boof's list of votes from earlier

1 Marty-French Milky / Acey

2 maxi jam tartan / Marty/Acey/Marty Beverley

3 tedp6873 Marty

4 Medico Paddy Beverley

5 Beverley jam tartan Acey

6 jam tartan Beverley

7 Albannach Malky

8 malkymcfrench Marty

9 milky_26 tedp Acey

10 Acey Commander Harris / JamboJen

11 JamboJen Maximus

12 jambopompey Beverley

13 Commander Harris Acey

14 Paddy Maxi / Commander Harris / Beverley Commander Harris

15 thehibsareintheirbeds Martin / Paddy

16 scotland Albannach / JamboJen Albannach

17 Martin jambopompey

whilst we're waiting (and i remember) was talking to a mate at work about JKB and we eneded working out that you gave him a ticket for the 98 cup final, Boof. he's still very grateful!

I take it that'll be Keith? A mate of Andy?

I think I met up with him after the 06 final.

Day 2, so far.

1 Marty-French

2 Maximus Marty

3 tedp6873

4 Medico

5 Beverley

6 jam tartan

7 Albannach

8 malkymcfrench :wings:

9 milky_26

10 Acey :wings:

11 JamboJen

12 jambopompey

13 Commander Harris

14 Paddy

15 thehibsareintheirbeds

16 scotland

17 Martin

Last night I had a dream, a vision.....

but I have no idea how Evangeline Lilly relates to this game.

No seriously, I have had a think about things and I'm a bit more positive about our chances of winning now. Assuming the cop used BS and uncovered a townie we have two players who are looking at a 1 in 4 chance of voting for a goon today, those are about as good as odds get at this early stage of a game. So at least there will be some in our numbers making an informed guess, that is a grain of comfort.

As for the rest of us, what have we got to go on? Not a lot but I'm going to use the theory I had last night and make my guess work a bit more entertaining, with colour!

Yes it's been a while but I think this smaller scale game offers the ideal chance to use a grid to narrow the field :D.

1 Marty-French

2 maxi

3 tedp6873

4 Medico

5 Beverley

6 jam tartan

7 Albannach

9 milky_26

11 JamboJen

12 jambopompey

13 Harris

14 Paddy

15 thehibsareintheirbeds

16 scotland

17 Martin

I'll decide how I'm going to use this later on.

It's also been a while since we had any madcap ideas, well I think since we have the cop and doc with quite a small pool of players (usually one or t'other would be deed by the time we got to these numbers) so can anyone think of a way to point them, we have had complaints that the roles are too difficult so if we could find a way to utilise their powers for the greater good now it could make them more useful IMO. Maybe a system where we can list a suspect who we keep alive for the cop to interrigate or a system where we give them both a list to choose from so they are not just stabbing in the dark but taking in the thoughts of the town. A method that allows them to have a dialog with us without giving themselves away.

Chris Benoit

The dead man's just about to pick me up and god knows when i'll get back on so

vote martin

no reason other than there's only room for one Martin in this game :10900:

jambopompey

vote albannach

nothing much to go on the now, but as i am about to start getting ready for the game and not being sure if i will be back online tonight so i have to vote for someone

Commander Harris

can't see myself being on again before ten, especially if we beat united! :), so going to vote now.

vote maxi.

there's not much in that, just getting a vote in and maxi's flip floppery in the last round seems as good a reason as any to vote for someone.

thehibsareintheirbeds

i'm out of ideas at the minute maxi, but maybe when my brain wakes up i'll think of something. unfortunately, i'll be leaving for the game soon too and then home quickly before heading out to a wedding. so not sure when or if i'll get back on.

one thing i wanted to point out, as i'm not sure if people are aware is that two of our players are also involved in the other mafia game- tedp and jen from memory. i think this could mean two things:

they are vanilla townies and have time to spend on another game

or they are goons thinking that if this is brought up it will make them look like townies

be interested to hear both their takes on it

As for acey's lynching- marty, bev, milky and harris put him up- not sure this is much help as he did look a bit suss and its all a bit random first day.

And malky's whacking- the only person to vote for him yesterday was albannach. it seems he's not been posting much compared to recent games, and was tempted to vote for him on that basis. but i'll hold off for now and see if anything comes up before i leave.

Day 2, so far.

1 Marty-French Martin

2 Maximus Marty

3 tedp6873 Maximus

4 Medico

5 Beverley

6 jam tartan

7 Albannach

8 malkymcfrench :wings:

9 milky_26

10 Acey :wings:

11 JamboJen

12 jambopompey Albannach

13 Commander Harris Maximus

14 Paddy

15 thehibsareintheirbeds

16 scotland

17 Martin

thehibsareintheirbeds

have been looking at the names above, and medico seems to have been fairly quiet compared to last game. anyone able to do a post count?

the early maximus votes are interesting and am still troubled by albannach, but if he was a goon, surely he wouldn't whack the only person he's voted all day.

for now vote medico

unvote marty

vote jambojen

Can anyone think of a way to make use of our best resources - the cop, doc, masons? Maybe based on those groupings..?

Idea - Using the grid I made the cop has to investigate one from each group in order, (possibly the doctor could do the same with his/her protections). The main point is that (going on past experience) it is unlikely that roled players (especially goons) will be grouped close together, so (I hope) the spread of goons should be across the three groups so by concentrating attention on specific groups (choosing the most suspect from each) it should at least make the process of elimination more efficient. another help is that if (worst case scenario) the cop and masons get whacked/lynched they will leave a rough idea of who has been investigated, which can be used in correlation with their voting pattern to determine who the baddies and goodies are, if they use their votes cleverley enough they could make their message from the grave pretty clear.

A more simple idea would be noting suspects and trusted players aside from our lynch votes to give some guidance to the cop and doc (plus these lists could leave other clues). We need to work together here IMO.

Live together, die alone.

Post count for those surviving

Beverley 42

Maximus 21

jam tartan 19

thehibsareintheirbeds 17

Martin 13

Commander Harris 11

MedicoHearts 9

JamboJen 9

Marty-French 8

Albannach 6