Boof

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rick Grimes

woooo

one week till retirement....

lethalweapon4_pg03.jpg

haha, the death is all the sweeter.... and by tomoro everyone knows the final goon

woooo

BoJack Horseman

Great game Jam Tartan. Pretty much knew from the off that you were the cop. Your defence of me was a bit too ****** sure. One look at the list and it was obvious what your role was.

That means the masons can come out of hiding. Is Bev def the last goon then? I'm going to say yes.

vote bev

That means the masons can come out of hiding. Is Bev def the last goon then? I'm going to say yes.

no, i'm not. just have a look around

Rick Grimes
Great game Jam Tartan. Pretty much knew from the off that you were the cop. Your defence of me was a bit too ****** sure. One look at the list and it was obvious what your role was.

vote bev

woooo

i made it fairly clear once we had a couple of investigations in, and it appears our Doc was quick enough on the uptake to ensure that I was ok.

as for Bev, I'm dead and couldn't possibly mention the results of the last investigation from beyond the grave. the masons get the results tho

wooooooo

Day 6 votes

Red shows the current active vote

2 Maximus

5 Beverley

7 Albannach Beverley

9 milky_26 Beverley

11 JamboJen

14 Paddy Beverley

16 scotland

That gives

Beverley 3

Everybody has voting rights for today.

It is now morning and with 6 survivors we'll need 4 for a lynch.

Deadline is 9pm Tuesday.

Day 6 votes

2 Maximus

5 Beverley

7 Albannach Beverley

9 milky_26 Beverley

11 JamboJen goon dead

14 Paddy Beverley

16 scotland

That gives

Beverley 3

Deadline is 9pm Tuesday.

boof you still have jen in your list of players

Please ignore post #507

Ta, Milky - grrrr first administrative ******-up of the game :mad:

Day 6 votes

2 Maximus

5 Beverley

7 Albannach Beverley

9 milky_26 Beverley

14 Paddy Beverley

16 scotland

That gives

Beverley 3

Deadline is 9pm Tuesday.

thehibsareintheirbeds

wooooooooooo

superb work cop, doc, masons- and townies too. what a difference to the last game- poor goons didnt stand a chance. still interested to know how medico clocked onto harris?

shame i couldnt have been a bigger part of the townies imminent victory but great to see the goons lose at last, was beginning to wonder if it was possible.

mon the townies!

woooooooooooooo

BoJack Horseman

I guess dear Scotland was a mason? :)

Well done townies.

Day 6 votes

2 Maximus

5 Beverley

7 Albannach Beverley

9 milky_26 Beverley

14 Paddy Beverley

16 scotland Beverley

That gives

Beverley 4 and Lynchville City, Arizona.

So...was she the final goon?

Had the remaining townies been led up the garden path?

There weren't many left, but they made their way up Beverley's garden path.

She was just in the process of drying her hair...she said. The lynch-mob reckoned she'd been out taking pot shots at a combine harvester and as such had to die. She must've been responsible for the cop's demise.

Surely?

Grabbing her, they ignored her pleas of innocence. Duct-taping the still-whirring hair drier to her hand they filled her bath. They gave her the choice...end it herself or have the mob do it. Beverley, persistent to the last tried to claim her townieness 'Why would a townie want to do herself in?'

'Ah, fuggit', said scotland as he delivered the coup de grace and pushed her into the tub. She fizzled and crackled a bit (so much for double insulated appliances and circuit breakers in this shoddy town) as her final words bubbled to the surface...'Won't you believe me...I'm a townie...'

Beverley - goon was no more.

The remaining townies gathered in the town square to celebrate.

Maximus, Albannach, milky_26, paddyhmfc and scotland rued the deaths of their fellow townies and other assorted good guys, but had a humongous pish-up anyway.

I'll do a bit of an analysis later, but it's been fun moderating you guys. Thanks for posting as much as you did and I had a bit of fun with the PMs as well.

Unlucky goons - you might've got away with it for a bit longer if it wasn't for that pesky doctor.

Onwards and upwards for the next one - I ain't doin' it :D

thehibsareintheirbeds

wooooooo, and indeed, hoo

tremendous stuff- all could have been very different had uly's penalty kick taking been up to scratch on the first lynching though!

i was cheering bev on as well.

cracking game boof

Day 0

1 Marty-French TOWNIE

2 maxi MASON

3 tedp6873 TOWNIE

4 Medico DOCTOR

5 Beverley GOON

6 jam tartan COP

7 Albannach TOWNIE

8 malkymcfrench MASON

9 milky_26 TOWNIE

10 Acey TOWNIE

11 JamboJen GOON

12 jambopompey TOWNIE

13 Harris GOON

14 Paddy TOWNIE

15 thehibsareintheirbeds TOWNIE

16 scotland MASON

17 Martin TOWNIE

Day 1

Penalty shoot-out : Acey lynched

Albannach investigated

Malky whacked

Day 2

jambopompey lynched

Paddyhmfc investigated

thehibsareintheirbeds whacked

Medico (self)protected

Commandr Harris overdosed - ask Medico to explain 'cos I still can't see why :laugh: gut instinct, she said

Day 3

Marty lynched

Martin investigated

Martin overdosed

Maxi protected

Medico protected

meaning

Medico whack-attempt failed

Day 4

tedp lynched (quickly!!)

Maxi protected

Maxi investigated

Medico whacked

Day 5

JamboJen lynched

Beverley investigated

jam tartan whacked

Day 6

Beverley lynched

Maximus, Albannach, milky_26, paddyhmfc and scotland oot on the skite :cheers:

Think that's all - it might've been soooo different if Medico hadn't relied on instinct. I was flabbergasted when the PM came through :laugh:

I was also amused when she came out as the doctor. Even more amused when Maxi came out as a mason:laugh:

Think BS has proven its effectiveness, though...?

Well done y'all, I enjoyed it.

and why the hell don't i get a proper story you tightarse

:(:cry_smile::(

3 paragraphs not enough for ye?

I'll give you the award for the two funniest posts, though. I'll quote 'em when I can find 'em.

good game though guys, wish i'd killed jam tartan the first night like i'd planned to though, i was a gnats knacker for getting the others to agree but didn't bother in the end

ah well, it was fun while it lasted and at least the townies never lost 3 games on the bounce hahahhahahaaa

away back to your pishy wee rivals game :P

and

oh bite my living arse you dead man walking :P

10/10 for those two genuine LOL moments.

BoJack Horseman

For once being a townie wasn't as boring as I thought :). It's always good to be on the winning side I guess.

I'm feeling addicted. Next game please!

For once being a townie wasn't as boring as I thought :). It's always good to be on the winning side I guess.

I'm feeling addicted. Next game please!

It's always a bit of a bonus to stay alive :D

Still want to hear from Maxi about the pleasures of being a mason :laugh:

I couldn't get over how many votes the goons managed to attract throughout the game - especially in the early stages, but i guess a lot of them were throwaway ones.

Enjoyed the penalty shoot-out as well - Bev and Uly made it with their pictures, but thank feck we didn't have another :D

Commander Harris

well played townies.

now that the games over any chance medico could try and quantify her "gut instinct"? still don't have a clue what I did to give myself away there?!

Well done townie/mason/cop people for winning the game once I was gone.

Apologies to Martin for killing you off, I wasn't even all that suspicious of you until you came out with your suspicions of Paddy and Milky. It seemed so flawed to me that I thought only a goon could have come up with it.

I still managed to whack the first goon in what must have been about 3 games though :10900:

I obviously missed something though because I thought Maxi was the cop.

well played townies.

now that the games over any chance medico could try and quantify her "gut instinct"? still don't have a clue what I did to give myself away there?!

I'll be honest and say I don't actually know.

It was pretty much purely gut instinct, which I'll admit could have turned out very wrong, but I didn't have much clue on anyone in particular who was good at that point and didn't see much point just keeping a stash of pills and not using them.

Certainly made the doc role a bit more interesting than just protecting a random person though.

BoJack Horseman
Well done townie/mason/cop people for winning the game once I was gone.

Apologies to Martin for killing you off, I wasn't even all that suspicious of you until you came out with your suspicions of Paddy and Milky. It seemed so flawed to me that I thought only a goon could have come up with it.

I still managed to whack the first goon in what must have been about 3 games though :10900:

Obviously. I thought everyone in the game knew Jam Tartan was the cop, and I thought that you would be protecting him the whole time. I was a little surprised to see that you protected Maxi and not JT the night you were killed.

for the next game i'll consider running one, would people prefer a simple game like this or one with characters ala the futurama game. also boof what is the best way to work out how many roles there should be depending upon the number of players

BoJack Horseman
for the next game i'll consider running one, would people prefer a simple game like this or one with characters ala the futurama game. also boof what is the best way to work out how many roles there should be depending upon the number of players

Better watch that you're not stepping on Malkys toes. Think he's planning one as of Thursday.

Can't remember who suggested it, but I wouldn't mind a speed game. As in over the course of a few hours. Day is one hour, night 20 mins or such like. Could be interesting.

Rick Grimes

good grief. i was all but wearing my neon flashing "I'm the Cop" badge!! i thought you were gonna protect me hence me being so brazen!

:10900:

nice work on CH tho. we're clearly very talented at this game.

good grief. i was all but wearing my neon flashing "I'm the Cop" badge!! i thought you were gonna protect me hence me being so brazen!

:10900:

nice work on CH tho. we're clearly very talented at this game.

I'll use the excuse of I have exams and so was concentrating on other things...

Was there somewhere in particular you made it obvious? I can't say it ever even occurred to me that it was you.

Luckily it didn't matter too much anyway considering they tried to kill me off two nights in a row. Just as well I was being selfish and protecting myself at the same time.

also boof what is the best way to work out how many roles there should be depending upon the number of players

I'd aimed for a 4:1 ratio of good:bad for this game until the two latecomers joined in. I figured that it's virtually impossible for a goon to get lynched on the first day so that would've taken it down to 4:1 with one night's activity thrown in.

Looking back I'm sure it would've been a lot closer if it wasn't for the doctor's fluke.

Also if the doc or cop had been whacked on either of the first 2 nights I might've gone to a junior doctor / police cadet role where they'd have had some work to do but less useful to the town than the full roles.

There's been any number of variations - it just depends how imaginative you feel. Maxi's done some Heroes ones, ArmiyaRomanova's done a Werewolf one and Deek and Yvonne have done themed ones as well. Plus some of the more recent ones that you've probably been part of e.g. Borthers and Malky's ones.

The one thing I'd suggest to moderators is make sure you're around at deadline time - there's nowt more frustrating than everyone waiting for something to happen...even if it is just to say that you're working on it.

Whoever goes for the next one - have fun.

It was Acey who started it all off a good few years ago - I don't think he's managed to survive past the first night since then!!

Maha.

Thank goodness that is over it was a bit of an ordeal towards the end knowing we had it in the bag but still having to drag ourselves over the finish line.

Good game over all though Boof, however it has further cemented my dislike for the mason role, having a role like that is a burden tbh. I would have gone for Jen much earlier if I had not had all the extra info and Malky trying to convince me Medico was a goon ;). Mind you I probably would not have caught Beverley on my own.

I still think the cop/3 masons setup sucks, especially in a game this small they spoil a lot of the challenge. In the end it became a simple process of elimination and the super doc made it a formality. The obvious point is that the thing that makes it easier for the goons is the split votes and people not thinking things through or just not posting. So I would like to say well played to almost everyone in this game for the quality and quantity of their contributions.

Just out of interest JT, did you notice my subtle hint related to albannach on day 2? I take it you did not since you investigated me after we lynched ted :D.

Rick Grimes

I was 99% sure of you Maxi, but at the point I investigated you the most dangerous thing left was that you might have been playing me superbly. Had to make sure, even though it was a long shot because that could have flipped the game on its head. I was also comfortable enough that we'd win at that point even without investigating the likes of Jen. Medico's lynch just made it easier.

Jeepers - that was a short sharp one.

Final result confirmed : 19-05-09, 11:26

howdy folks agent mcfrench calling from the home of the eurovision winners

great game folks you were lucky I was poacher turned gamekeeper this time

on train to hotel just now so may put the sign up thread tonight and if it fills up ill start it when I get home on thursday

malky you may want to leave it up for a couple of days so that those who missed out dont start another rival "pishy" copyright bev game

even better if malky is planning one as i dont have to

Here is the story for my Edinburgers v Weegies game, if it gives you any ideas, or you can use it.

The Heart of Edinburgh massed in their famous city. The festival had drawn to a close, but many interlopers remained behind.

These interlopers were from the axis of evil, cast in there tribal colours of green and blue they intended taking over our capital city. They were the weege.

At their head was Waldo the Winker. The evil overlord. By his side sat the Wee Ginger Gnome. A traitor to his own city, a man with no conscious and with no football brain either.

They were assisted by 3 henchmen,

Chick the Dick

Andy Sash Davis

And

Andy Truetim Walker

But the townsman of Auld Reekie would not give in easily to the weege, despite the conspiracy.

To help them drive the weege out they had there own Sheriff, every night he would investigate and report back to a trusted duet of the heart of Edinburgh.

Drew ?Rocket shot? Busby

And

Big Chuck ?Takes No Prisoners? Berry.

Also to help every night was the esteemed doctor from the old town ?Dr Zico?.

But against the townsman was the mad assassin ?Vladimir Crackers?. He wanted to save the Heart of Edinburgh and had nights on which he could kill. Unfortunately his killing skills were poorly judged and he could kill his own.

So we have 5 players form the weege.

There will be no recruiting in this game.

The weege decide their targets together and the Overlord then sends me the name of the target if the Overlord dies any remaining members can send me a name that has been decided amongst you.

The Weege get to kill every night.

One assassin (Vlad)

Sheriff (nightly investigation)

Trusted Duet of Drew Busby and Chuck Berry.

Dr Zico, can save one player a night.

I had a good rabbit game if I can find it.

Found it

Welcome to the beautiful Green Meadows and Forests of Watershed Down.

Spring has arrived and the Rabbits are crunching their way through the new grass shoots. Wont be long now until the flower buds and wild vegetables are ready for devouring.

But on the subject of devouring, the Rabbits of Watershed always have to be on their guard.

The Watershed fields had always been seen as a safe haven for the wittle wabbits

But the wild creatures of the forest are never far away and lie in wait for a tasty morsel to come their way. Oh to sink their teeth into the soft fur of the little bunny rabbits, tear them open and feast.

Whilst out on his rounds, Were- Rabbit, overgrown fat leader of the Rabbits discovered a horrific site in a copse on the path to the mountains.

There lay the body of Daisy Rabbit.

Click this bar to view the full image.

The mother of 200 baby rabbits he had sired last year, god he would miss her soft warm fluffy fur. But next to the body lay a bottle of Tabasco Sauce. He hadent seen a sight since he was a bunny himself. His parents had often told him stories about wild meat eaters from the next valley who liked their victims to be hot and spicy. How would he protect his friends and family? The war he had avoided all his life had commenced. In numbers they could defeat the evil carnivores, but if isolated they would all die.

Yes, the war had commenced, this really was the ultimate battle between buck teeth and sharp teeth. Who will win?

The roles,

On the Rabbit side are

Were - Rabbit Overgrown leader of the Rabbits.

March Hare Deputy to Were

White Rabbit Part of the Rabbit Posse

Reverend Rabbit has the gift from above to nightly investigate a player of his choice. Once dead the power is lost.

These Rabbits can communicate with each other throughout the game and can ask the Reverend to investigate a player each night for the first three nights only.

Bugs Bunny is our lonely Nonchalant Doctor Has the power to protect one player per night. Can protect Her/Himself but cant protect the same player twice in a row.

On the side of the flesh eaters are

Reynard The Fox, Evil leader and devourer of Rabbits

Willie Weasel Able assistant to Reynard with a penchant to slowly bleed his prey to death.

Stu The Stoat. Cousin of Willie and just as evil.

Minky Mike An Interloper to our shore, trusted by the Posse to seek out information for the first three nights only. Once dead this power is lost.

All carnivores can communicate with each other during the game.

Other Roles

Rampant Rabbit Out every second night to Roger a Rabbit. Once Rogered you are dead meat. He can though make the odd mistake and sometimes roger carnivores, but, Same scenario, you still die. His aim is roger as many players as he can. If alive at the end of the game he wins.

Jessica Rabbit, the seductive temptress. All rabbits are attracted to her beauty and fluffy tale. But there is a hidden danger. If Rampant Rabbit becomes to amorous and manages to chase down Jessica then in their moment of splendid passion she will turn on Rampant and kill him by biting into his manhood.

Bill The friendly Badger. This player is giving a list of players targeted and get to warn one of them or change a name on the list this will be the last role I deal with.

No probs at all because in the end, it seemed to help ensure that the townies won. It's a good lesson for me not to come up with theories that might sound good in my head but in reality there are holes in it!

Cheers again to Boof for letting me play at the last minute. I never thought my pishy rival game would go longer than this one :2thumbsup:

No probs at all because in the end, it seemed to help ensure that the townies won. It's a good lesson for me not to come up with theories that might sound good in my head but in reality there are holes in it!

Cheers again to Boof for letting me play at the last minute. I never thought my pishy rival game would go longer than this one :2thumbsup:

Quality not quantity Martin.

Archived