SHORT SHARP MAFIA

Boof

Still need to hear from Paddy and Jen today.

Wouldn't complain about hearing a bit more from the rest of you.

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well aren't things getting clear :eek: Urgh, here goes my (potentially woeful - it wouldn't be the first time) logic...

Day one and Marty says if he was the cop he wouldn't use BS but would investigate malky and has a goon list as Malky, Malky, Malky and Bev.

malky gets whacked that night and Marty (unsurprisingly) says he's being set up.

Now I understand the brotherly banter, but could it be a massive double bluff by the goons? Malky had two games where he went almost undetected as a goon and won so he would be bound to attract votes on day one but Marty went out of his way to connect himself with malky.

Basically, no-one ever suspects the harshest critic of a whackee. If the goons played on that on day one it means people will always have that "oh but the goons tried to set Marty up" thought in the back of their head.

vote Marty-French

Rick Grimes

is that 7 votes on 7 players? we need to find some kind of consensus here. maybe it is time to post a top 3 list each

i'll go first seeing as how i suggested it

Martin, Marty & Bev

is that 7 votes on 7 players? we need to find some kind of consensus here. maybe it is time to post a top 3 list each

i'll go first seeing as how i suggested it

Martin, Marty & Bev

Marty

Marty

Marty

Bev

:stuart:

Seriously though

Marty, tedp are my top suspects, after that there a few I'm slightly unsure of and Martin is probably top of that list. I'm not totally sure of Medico but she has put up a good defence.

Although milky & paddy voting for CH is not a 100% sure sign they are goodies it has put them below the rest of you in my suspicions.

Chris Benoit

said it last game and i'll say it in this one, i'm just a townie and if you want to vote me off feel free but you'll regret it when you need help goon hunting later on

Marty, Scotland and Albannach.

Scotland so far has done what I did in the EastEnders game and possibly got over-excited by the game. However, being an overexcited newbie is a excellent excuse to fire votes off all over the place.

Potentially in his defence (if Albannach were to be a goon) is the fact Scotland voted for Albannach twice on day one. However (again) out of 32 votes (in total) on day one Albannachh only got those two votes and was never in any danger.

Albannach...hmmm I keep going from goon to townie as I did in the last game. He was a narrow escapee yesterday and because it eventually came down to Maxi v jambopompey has possibly been forgotten about. Before Medico and Maxi's late vote changes last night, Albannach's vote for Maxi was the one that would have got him lynched.

Edit: Took out the sentence that said Marty's the only one I have real reasoning for, having read it back my reasoning for the other two is probably no worse than my reasoning for Marty.

said it last game and i'll say it in this one, i'm just a townie and if you want to vote me off feel free but you'll regret it when you need help goon hunting later on

that rather echoes my post earlier. :smiley2:

how do you feel about a 12 way penalty shoot out Boof?

That could be amusing...

As a means of getting me closer to winning the millionth post thread...good.

As a means of resolving a 12-way tie...my coin-flipping thumb is warming up already :D

you'll regret it when you need help goon hunting later on

Wooooooooooooo

sorry I could have sworn you played the last two games

d%27oh.jpg

Wooooooooooooo

Top of my list just now are Albannach and jamtartan.

Albannach for several reasons:

1. the strange reasons for not posting earlier, which almost had me convinced but i'm not so sure anymore.

2. The vote for Milky which he's said he hadn't realised milky voted for CH yesterday but I'm not sure

3. His vote on Maxi yesterday.

Not sure that any of them really stand up as proper reasoning just now, but it's about all I can see at the minute.

As for jamtartan, something's just not quite sitting right about him. I don't remember him acting quite the same in the last game.

it seems like we are returning to the same patterns of the previuos games and not having a clue who is good or bad, i have suspicions of bev, scotland(but his maybe newbie mistakes and enthusiasim) albannach but my main person is marty

so vote marty-french

Current votes:

2 -

Martin [jam tartan, Maximus]

Marty [JamboJen, milky]

1 -

Maximus [tedp]

Medico [scotland]

Scotland [Marty]

Albannach [Medico]

Bev [Albannach]

Vote pattern:

Maximus -> Marty

tedp -> Maximus

Scotland -> Medico

Albannach -> milky

jam tartan -> Martin

Marty -> Scotland

Medico -> Albannach

Albannach -> milky -> Bev

JamboJen -> Marty

Maximus -> Marty -> Martin

milky -> Marty

Beverley, Martin and paddy still to vote.

ok. my top 3 suspects are scotland marty & medico, possibly maxi but i'm not sure about that one. it might be that the role he has is a good one, but is roled i'm pretty sure

wht times the deadline?

I presume 10 again, so still time for everyone else to get their opinions out there.

thanks JJ.

well its obvious that bev will vote for me to put all 3 on her list in the shootout, SO BRING ON THE SHOOTOUT!

thehibsareintheirbeds
Day 3 votes so far

Red shows the current active vote

1 Marty-French scotland

2 Maximus Marty

3 tedp6873 Maxi

4 Medico

5 Beverley

6 jam tartan Martin

7 Albannach Milky

9 milky_26

11 JamboJen

14 Paddy

16 scotland Medico

17 Martin

Giving 12 players still surviving so 7 for a lynch.

Doctor has 6 tablets remaining.

And the deadline is 9pm.

9 tonight peeps :hang:

woooooooooooooooooo

thanks JJ.

well its obvious that bev will vote for me to put all 3 on her list in the shootout, SO BRING ON THE SHOOTOUT!

reverse psychology?

and my mistake, deadline is 9.

thanks JJ.

actually thats a good idea.

i was gonna vote based on the fact you may be a badun, but as long as we're heading for a shootout i may well vote just based on that lol

i'd much rather i got a goon though, than just vote for the hell of it

at this point, i'm gonna vote Martin. his suggestion that we go for Paddy because he voted for thehibsareintheirbed just seems a bit too obvious & i think i trust Paddy. his post count is also nice & central on the list, which weould be a great place to hide

Fair enough reasoning for voting for me, but why do you trust Paddy?

Martin is a tricky one to read but remember he played quite well in his first 2 games but he could not get anyone to trust him, it may be a bit too early to go for him. Maybe he is one who would be worth an investigation though.

And if I go then it'll happen a third time.

For now, I'm going to go with Albannach. He's not said an awful lot, especially compared to other games in terms of both post counts and also in terms of properly discussing suspects.

Vote Albannach

actually thats a good idea.

i was gonna vote based on the fact you may be a badun, but as long as we're heading for a shootout i may well vote just based on that lol

i'd much rather i got a goon though, than just vote for the hell of it

Well if you're wanting a goon, you shouldn't be voting for me then.

Well if you're wanting a goon, you shouldn't be voting for me then.

thats why i'm holding off just now

i think you're just a little over eager, this your first mafia game isn't it?

thats why i'm holding off just now

i think you're just a little over eager, this your first mafia game isn't it?

Yeah, i missed out on all the other ones:43:

BoJack Horseman
Fair enough reasoning for voting for me, but why do you trust Paddy?

And if I go then it'll happen a third time.

For now, I'm going to go with Albannach. He's not said an awful lot, especially compared to other games in terms of both post counts and also in terms of properly discussing suspects.

Vote Albannach

Don't you think if I was a goon i'd be doing everything in my power to play the game exactly as I have the last two?

Top of my list just now are Albannach and jamtartan.

Albannach for several reasons:

1. the strange reasons for not posting earlier' date=' which almost had me convinced but i'm not so sure anymore.

2. The vote for Milky which he's said he hadn't realised milky voted for CH yesterday but I'm not sure

3. His vote on Maxi yesterday.

Not sure that any of them really stand up as proper reasoning just now, but it's about all I can see at the minute.

As for jamtartan, something's just not quite sitting right about him. I don't remember him acting quite the same in the last game. [/quote']

1. Genuine reasons. I'm a townie and struggling to get into the game. I still can't see who's who so no point talking nonsense.

2. Really didn't notice that one, just saw his post a few above mine and thought it forced.

3. What's wrong with that? We didn't have the information we have today. Maxi was as fair game as any.

Don't you think if I was a goon i'd be doing everything in my power to play the game exactly as I have the last two?

Fair point. You started off slowly in the last game as well before posting a lot, do you think that's likely to happen again?

1. Genuine reasons. I'm a townie and struggling to get into the game. I still can't see who's who so no point talking nonsense.

2. Really didn't notice that one, just saw his post a few above mine and thought it forced.

3. What's wrong with that? We didn't have the information we have today. Maxi was as fair game as any.

you're right, they're not particularly good reasons, but as you've said what else do we have to go on right now?

I'm assuming that the masons/cop don't have any particularly good information to give us or they would hopefully be helping us a bit more.

Right now we can only go with what we think and hope the cop gets a bad one tonight. Or the doc strikes good again, although hopefully they won't get overly cocky after last night and just start overdosing on impulse.

I've already said before that I thought Paddy was looking a bit suspicious. In his first round he kept changing his vote which went Maxi/Harris/Bev/Harris. The second round was potentially retaliation.

I'm also suspicious about Milky. In the first round, both Milky and Harris went for Acey. In the second round, he went for Harris.

These two are the only ones that voted for Harris in the entire game and both didn't give any reasons for it.

They've also not posted much and in this round, they've either not voted or have voted very late on. Paddy has not voted, Milky just did and went for Marty to put him onto two votes.

I'd be very interested to know why either went for Harris in previous rounds, especially now that we know he is a goon.

I'm fairly confident that if Martin is not a goon Marty is. I don't think they both are though, it's one or t'other and if it is Martin then I have a fiar idea who his buddy is.

martin i went for CH as there was something stuck out about him, especially when i saw that he had tried to stay (apart from the pen shootout) away from boting for the lynched player

I've already said before that I thought Paddy was looking a bit suspicious. In his first round he kept changing his vote which went Maxi/Harris/Bev/Harris. The second round was potentially retaliation.

I'm also suspicious about Milky. In the first round, both Milky and Harris went for Acey. In the second round, he went for Harris.

These two are the only ones that voted for Harris in the entire game and both didn't give any reasons for it.

They've also not posted much and in this round, they've either not voted or have voted very late on. Paddy has not voted, Milky just did and went for Marty to put him onto two votes.

I'd be very interested to know why either went for Harris in previous rounds, especially now that we know he is a goon.

So basically you're suspicious of Milky and Paddy because they voted for a goon when none of the rest of us saw it

....that makes sense :hat2:

All we have to do here is avoid the cop and hope they survive the night and then it should be near impossible to feck it up. :D

Boof, if Paddy doesn't post is he being mod-killed or will he just lose voting rights?

If he's going to be mod-killed can I suggest we lynch him instead, although obviously trying to leave it as late as possible to give him the chance to post.

There is little point at this stage. We would learn more from lynching someone we can agree is suspicious. Like I said if we keep the cop and at least one mason going then the game should be in the bag because of the sheer weight of information stacking up against the mafia. Remember it's 12 vs 2, I don't remeber a better situation for the town. Lynching someone heading for a modkill is only potentially useful on opening day IMO, when we don't have anything to go on and need to preserve our numbers.

Unless you want to protect someone from a lynching.....

still not sure but i'm going to vote marty for now cos i've not got a vote in, and he is one on my list

Boof, if Paddy doesn't post is he being mod-killed or will he just lose voting rights?

Just loss of voting rights for a first offence.

So basically you're suspicious of Milky and Paddy because they voted for a goon when none of the rest of us saw it

....that makes sense :hat2:

Could have been a way of keeping undercover. It's possible and it's not as if ideas are overflowing elsewhere.

martin i went for CH as there was something stuck out about him, especially when i saw that he had tried to stay (apart from the pen shootout) away from boting for the lynched player

Cheers for the explanation, always like to give people a chance to respond when I see something.

Day 3 votes so far

Red shows the current active vote

1 Marty-French scotland

2 Maximus Marty / Martin

3 tedp6873 Maxi

4 Medico Albannach

5 Beverley Marty

6 jam tartan Martin

7 Albannach Milky / Beverley

9 milky_26 Marty

11 JamboJen Marty

14 Paddy

16 scotland Medico

17 Martin Albannach

And, unless someone has changed vote since I started this post, that gives us

Marty 3

Albannach 2

Martin 2

Beverley 1

Maxi 1

Medico 1

scotland 1

Paddy still to vote.

25-ish minutes to deadline

Marty had been a bit unlike himself the last couple of days.

A bit distracted, perhaps?

Mourning the loss of his brother, maybe?

Whatever, enough people had decided he looked guilty. Guilty of causing harm to the town. So the lynch mob formed and hunted down the wandering Marty. They found him visiting the local pizzeria. Before he could pick up his order, they grabbed him and took him outside.

With a razor sharp pizza cutter they sliced and diced him into very, very small pieces.

Marty died with a plaintively sad look on his face. The kind of look that said 'I'm a townie'

Was he?

He was...

...a...

...townie.

Uh-huh, the lynch mob strikes again.

Marty-French - townie lynched on day 3.

Night time folk - you know what to do.

just to throw one from left field and seee how it goes but just so it is recorded for posterity

i think marty is a goon

also to touch on medico's point how good is it to have everybody involved from the start

woooooooooooooooo

I was certain, I am a ******

sorry bruv, Jodie will be happy though :curtain:

woooooooooooooooo

sorry marty, i really thought you were a badun :(

thats my theories out the water then grrr

In the space of four votes it went from a tie between Martin and Marty to a landslide for Marty.

vote pattern:

Maximus -> Marty
tedp -> Maximus
Scotland -> Medico
Albannach -> milky
jam tartan -> Martin
Marty -> Scotland
Medico -> Albannach
Albannach -> milky -> Bev
JamboJen -> Marty
Maximus -> Marty -> Martin
milky -> Marty