Boof

thehibsareintheirbeds

sod it, vote paddy

will go back to my vote from yesterday

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BoJack Horseman
i'm out of ideas at the minute maxi, but maybe when my brain wakes up i'll think of something. unfortunately, i'll be leaving for the game soon too and then home quickly before heading out to a wedding. so not sure when or if i'll get back on.

one thing i wanted to point out, as i'm not sure if people are aware is that two of our players are also involved in the other mafia game- tedp and jen from memory. i think this could mean two things:

they are vanilla townies and have time to spend on another game

or they are goons thinking that if this is brought up it will make them look like townies

be interested to hear both their takes on it

As for acey's lynching- marty, bev, milky and harris put him up- not sure this is much help as he did look a bit suss and its all a bit random first day.

And malky's whacking- the only person to vote for him yesterday was albannach. it seems he's not been posting much compared to recent games, and was tempted to vote for him on that basis. but i'll hold off for now and see if anything comes up before i leave.

To be fair I only voted him due to his performance in the last two games. And my vote was unchanged as I had nothing to go on? Surely that was obvious. I had as much idea that he was a mason as the next player. None.

As for the posting. Third game in a row as a townie. It gets a little repetitive. I'm keeping tabs on the thread but i'll really only post when I have something to say, which at the moment is minimal.

Rick Grimes

Nothing to go on yet unfortunately, sojust have throw out a random vote as I'll not be back online today. See you all tomoro.

vote Jambopompey

The dead man's just about to pick me up and god knows when i'll get back on so

vote martin

no reason other than there's only room for one Martin in this game :10900:

Us Martin's need to stick together!! :th_o:

I'll go for Milky, still just a random vote now.

Vote Milky

As for acey's lynching- marty, bev, milky and harris put him up- not sure this is much help as he did look a bit suss and its all a bit random first day.

not strictly true as my vote was on jam tartan til a wee bit before the deadline where i changed voted to try and save myself

i'm going to go back and read over the thread in a bit and see if there is anything, but i have the footy on so i don't know when i'll be voting

unvote marty

vote jambojen

Can anyone think of a way to make use of our best resources - the cop, doc, masons? Maybe based on those groupings..?

Idea - Using the grid I made the cop has to investigate one from each group in order, (possibly the doctor could do the same with his/her protections). The main point is that (going on past experience) it is unlikely that roled players (especially goons) will be grouped close together, so (I hope) the spread of goons should be across the three groups so by concentrating attention on specific groups (choosing the most suspect from each) it should at least make the process of elimination more efficient. another help is that if (worst case scenario) the cop and masons get whacked/lynched they will leave a rough idea of who has been investigated, which can be used in correlation with their voting pattern to determine who the baddies and goodies are, if they use their votes cleverley enough they could make their message from the grave pretty clear.

A more simple idea would be noting suspects and trusted players aside from our lynch votes to give some guidance to the cop and doc (plus these lists could leave other clues). We need to work together here IMO.

Live together, die alone.

I'm not sure I completely understand how any of that would work. Say the cop investigated someone from the top group tonight and they turn out to be a townie. Unless someone comes out saying that they trust that person there's absolutely no way we'll know which one of those four players was investigated.

Fair enough if they're lucky enough to hit a goon then they can vote for that person and it would hopefully be fairly obvious, but on the occassion that they hit a townie/mason/doc then I don't see how it helps any more than normal. Maybe I'm just not getting it?

There must be some way in which the doctor role can be a bit more useful in this game though. Since they only have 10 pills to use (possibly less than that now, did they protect anyone last night?) they might choose to use them in a slightly different way to just protecting one person every night, which is normally a fairly bad stab in the dark anyway at this point in the game, meaning that it's just been wasted.

One interesting way of looking at it would be that in the event that a goon is investigated, one of the masons could potentially give us that information then as long as the doctor was paying enough attention, could protect that mason from being killed over night.

On the other hand we could use the doctor as a way of lynching a second person each day (a couple of times anyway), although with our recent results in hitting goons that's most probably not such a great idea.

I guess we can probably rule out Tedp as being the doc right now though, or else we would no doubt be another man down by this point :smiley2:

Anyone else have any other ideas?

Question for Boof, when the investigation results are being revealed to the masons, are they being told if the person is good/bad/townie, or just whether they're roled, as has been done in some games in the past?

its really confusing now, the only person i trust is me

i will wait til later to vote

I'm not sure I completely understand how any of that would work. Say the cop investigated someone from the top group tonight and they turn out to be a townie. Unless someone comes out saying that they trust that person there's absolutely no way we'll know which one of those four players was investigated.

Fair enough if they're lucky enough to hit a goon then they can vote for that person and it would hopefully be fairly obvious, but on the occassion that they hit a townie/mason/doc then I don't see how it helps any more than normal. Maybe I'm just not getting it?

I'm looking at the long game, preparing for the probably inevitable death of the cop and masons. It depends on how the cop and masons use their info when voting.

We could almost develop a next stage of the boof strategy. Currently the strategy uses the investigations based on player positions in the player list to show the masons who the cop is, well what if the informed players used their votes during the day to indicate who is innocent/guilty? - of course this will only make sense to everyone else once they are revealed by lynch or night kill. It could also be used to show the cop who the masons are.

Its a code basically, perhaps based on the groupings rather than just numbers on the player list, so it's not so obvious (they wouldn't have to all vote for the same person). We would have to ratify it and decide on what the code would be first obviously then once it is put in action and the cop/mason get's whacked we look at their votes and hey presto - they have told us who to trust or who not to trust without blurting it out.:stuart:

thehibsareintheirbeds

yee ha what a cracking performance and day. :10900:

i'm off to get steamboats and sing hearts songs down in portybelly.

had a quick read, fair play to bev and alb with their points- and paddy too with his retaliatory vote on me- must stress i am a simple townie though.

just cant see anyone to vote for yet, so no change.

will check up on phone later. fingers crossed.

Jesus having just done half my stats for day one that was an epic for a supposedly "short, sharp" game!

Day one voters in chronological order. Underlined are the player's first vote, subsequent votes are in normal type.

[u]Albannach
Maximus
paddyhmfc
jam tartan
CH[/u]
Maximus
[u]MedicoHearts
Milky_26
Martin[/u]
paddyhmfc
[u]Marty-French
Acey
Beverley
thehibsare...
malkymcfrench[/u]
paddyhmfc
[u]Scotland[/u]
thehibsare...
[u]tedp
JamboJen[/u]
Acey
Scotland
Marty-French
paddyhmfc
[u]jambopompey[/u]
Milky_26
Scotland
MedicoHearts
Maximus
Maximus
Beverley
Maximus

Final standings:

4 - Acey - [Commander Harris, Marty-French, milky_26, Beverley]

4 - Beverley - [jam tartan, jambopompey, MedicoHearts, Maximus]

2 - Marty-French - [malkymcfrench, tedp]

1 - JamboJen, malkymcfrench, Maximus, jambopompey, Commander Harris, Albannach, paddyhmfc

Anyone got a current vote count?

Not a clue who I'm going to vote for yet, deadline's 10 right?

Did it myself

Jambopompey 2 ... (jamtartan & scotland)

Maximus 2 ... (CH and Tedp)

Albannach 1

Commander Harris 1

JamboJen 1

Martin 1

milky_26 1

paddyhmfc 1

thehibsareintheirbeds 1

JamboJen, Albannach, Bev and myself still to vote I think

Current votes:

2 - Maximus [CH, tedp]

2 - jambopompey [scotland, jam tartan]

1 - Albannach, milky, Martin, JamboJen, paddyhmfc, CH, thehibsareintheirbeds

Albannach, Beverley, JamboJen and MedicoHearts still to vote.

Vote order so far today:

Maxi -> Marty

Marty -> Martin

jambopompey -> Albannach

CH -> Maximus

tedp -> Maximus

thehibs... -> Medico

Scotland -> jambopompey

thehibs... -> Medico -> paddyhmfc

jam tartan -> jambopompey

Martin -> milky_26

paddyhmfc -> thehibsareintheirbeds

milky_26 -> Commander Harris

To be fair I only voted him due to his performance in the last two games. And my vote was unchanged as I had nothing to go on? Surely that was obvious. I had as much idea that he was a mason as the next player. None.

As for the posting. Third game in a row as a townie. It gets a little repetitive. I'm keeping tabs on the thread but i'll really only post when I have something to say, which at the moment is minimal.

That seems like a bit of a strange excuse for not posting, especially considering you were one of the top posters in the last game, certainly didn't seem to be getting boring to you then.

i can't post in bold as i'm using my phone. I'm out at my mates and realised i'd not voted before leaving. As i've not had time to look at the thread my vote is just a random one. Gonna vote medico cos she was determined to off me in the last game. Remember i can't bold it though from here

Question for Boof, when the investigation results are being revealed to the masons, are they being told if the person is good/bad/townie, or just whether they're roled, as has been done in some games in the past?

I'll use Acey as an example since y'all know what he is.

I'd say to the cop that Acey is a townie and I'd say to the masons that Acey was investigated and found to be a townie.

If he'd been roled I'd've revealed the exact role to cop and masons.

And yeah...10pm deadline.

I'll accept unbold votes as long as you specify that it's coming from a phone and can't.

Though is it impossible to put in on a phone?

BoJack Horseman
That seems like a bit of a strange excuse for not posting, especially considering you were one of the top posters in the last game, certainly didn't seem to be getting boring to you then.

Well not really. I will no doubt get into posting when it takes off a bit. Seeing how there isn't much to comment on at the moment, my count is naturally low The current top posters were blethering about the eurovision and such like.

Think i'll vote maxi for now due to his erratic random vote changes last night.

With everyone voting all over the place and it all still looking very random I don't know where to put my vote.

For now I'm going to Vote Albannach purely because I think his reasoning behind posting is a little bit strange.

I'll be around until deadline anyway, so will change it if I see any reason to.

Jambopompey 2 ... (jamtartan & scotland)

Maximus 3... (CH, albannach and Tedp)

Albannach 2 (medico & jambopompey)

Commander Harris 2

JamboJen 1

Martin 1

milky_26 1

paddyhmfc 1

thehibsareintheirbeds 1

Medico 1

JamboJen still to vote

Day 2, so far.

Red shows the current active vote

1 Marty-French Martin

2 Maximus Marty JamboJen

3 tedp6873 Maximus

4 Medico Albannach

5 Beverley Medico

6 jam tartan jambopompey

7 Albannach Maximus

8 malkymcfrench :wings:

9 milky_26 Commander Harris

10 Acey :wings:

11 JamboJen

12 jambopompey Albannach

13 Commander Harris Maximus

14 Paddy HibsBeds

15 thehibsareintheirbeds Medico Paddy

16 scotland jambopompey

17 Martin Milky

Giving

Maxi 3

Pompey 2

Albannach 2

Martin, Jen, Medico, Harris, HibsBeds, Paddy, Milky 1

Jen still to vote

vote Albannach

His reasoning for low posting is a little odd given he became rather vocal in the EastEnders game and was a townie there.

Bring on the shoot-out!

woooooooooooooooo

remember folks penalty shoot outs are fun

woooooooooooooooo

yaaaay Jen

Anyway as for my suggested extension of the Boof strategy it could be brought into effect now, if the masons voted for the player 2 places below the player investigated last night for example (based on players left obviously). At least it would save the cop potentially wasting a vote tonight. Just a thought.

I think i'm being set up :21:
You could just as easily be trying to make it appear that way.

Yeah bring on another penalty shootout that is likely going to turn out to be lose - lose for the town. Wooooohooo.

You could just as easily be trying to make it appear that way.

woooooooooo

speaking as a goon expert, if I was a goon I woud have said what Marty said

woooooooooo

Todays voters in chronological order. As before, first vote is underlined, subsequent unvote/revotes are in normal font.

[u]Maximus
Marty-French
jambopompey
CH
tedp
thehibsare...[/u]
Maximus
[u]Scotland[/u]
thehibsare...
[u]jam tartan
Martin
paddyhmfc
Milky_26
Beverley
Albannach
MedicoHearts
JamboJen[/u]

remember folks penalty shoot outs are fun

Remember folks...they aren't :P

I'll take night action from anyone, anytime...:21:

woooooooooooooo

just a guess but the goons are going to be happy with this i think, hence lack of vote movement

woooooooooooooo

Remember folks...they aren't :P

I'll take night action from anyone, anytime...:21:

I had heard but a gentleman never talks :hat2:

Day 2, so far.

1 Marty-French Martin

2 Maximus Marty JamboJen

3 tedp6873 Maximus

4 Medico Albannach

5 Beverley Medico

6 jam tartan jambopompey

7 Albannach Maximus

11 JamboJen Albannach

12 jambopompey Albannach

14 Paddy HibsBeds

15 thehibsareintheirbeds Medico Paddy

16 scotland jambopompey

17 Martin Milky

Giving

Maxi 3

Albannach 3

Pompey 2

Martin, Jen, Medico, Harris, HibsBeds, Paddy, Milky 1

Everyone voted - thanks again.

Still 70 minutes left for some action if you can tear yourselves away from the Eurovision Snog Contest.

Well not really. I will no doubt get into posting when it takes off a bit. Seeing how there isn't much to comment on at the moment, my count is naturally low The current top posters were blethering about the eurovision and such like.

Think i'll vote maxi for now due to his erratic random vote changes last night.

Oh so I take it to a shoot out to please the masses then get punished for it. Great. I was simply adding a bit of drama to the boring first day random lynch because we were going to lynch a townie anyway, we always do. DO you really think if I was mafia I would go around flip flopping in the dying seconds? What would it achieve, if I was mafia what would I have to gain?? Really, this might sound like a revolutionary idea to some on here, but think it through. Engage your brain before you vote and tag on a lame excuse.

Switch votes to pompey now and you won't have to run the risk of getting lynched.

I'm not sure that these penalty shoot outs are such a great idea.

Bev had four votes yesterday, won the penalty shoot out and now has none.

Fair enough most of those votes were probably just random first day votes, but there's no point in us having two people in a tie then to just forget about the person who escapes being lynched the next day. Just because someone 'wins' doesn't mean they're not a goon.

It's exactly what we ended up doing in the last game and it certainly didn't help us there. Although to be fair I don't know that any of the goons were ever anywhere near being voted off anyway.

The lack of activity regarding voting is slightly concerning right now, and the goons appear to be happy to see either Maxi or Albannach be lynhced. I suppose it could just be that everyone's away out celebrating after today though.

Unvote Albannach

Not sure what I want to do with my vote right now.

Chris Benoit
I'm not sure that these penalty shoot outs are such a great idea.

Bev had four votes yesterday, won the penalty shoot out and now has none.

Fair enough most of those votes were probably just random first day votes, but there's no point in us having two people in a tie then to just forget about the person who escapes being lynched the next day. Just because someone 'wins' doesn't mean they're not a goon.

It's exactly what we ended up doing in the last game and it certainly didn't help us there. Although to be fair I don't know that any of the goons were ever anywhere near being voted off anyway.

The lack of activity regarding voting is slightly concerning right now, and the goons appear to be happy to see either Maxi or Albannach be lynhced. I suppose it could just be that everyone's away out celebrating after today though.

Unvote Albannach

Not sure what I want to do with my vote right now.

Agree with you here Medico, in the last 2 games we've come close to lynching goons but they've been saved late on only for them to be ignored the following day, remember the day i got lynched on the last game Boof had a few votes on him and it was neck and neck for a while then he just got ignored after that, not saying Bev is a goon but just that we've got to make sure we don't keep making the same mistakes

It's also quite interesting that Maxi is making no attempt to save himself at this moment in time.

He's now leading voting with 3 votes, I would have thought he would have changed his vote for Albannach/Jambopompey so it at least puts them back into a draw.

Unless he's just waiting until closer to deadline...

Medico, I think probably Maxi will be waiting till the last minute to change. Seems to make sense.

I'm slightly suspicious with both Commander Harris and Tedp getting two quick early votes for Maxi. There's not much to go on either, so it could be coincidence.

What happens if it's a three or four way tie?

Either a big game of three and in or a humongous penalty shoot-out.

100% chance of it being the latter :D

It's also quite interesting that Maxi is making no attempt to save himself at this moment in time.

He's now leading voting with 3 votes, I would have thought he would have changed his vote for Albannach/Jambopompey so it at least puts them back into a draw.

Unless he's just waiting until closer to deadline...

If possible this game is more confusing than the last one. We're possibly being hindered by the match today as it seems only me, you, Marty and Maxi (and Boof) are still here and posting.

FWIW, current post numbers:

Beverley  	44
Maximus 	27
jam tartan 	20
thehibsare... 	20
MedicoHearts 	16
Martin       	14
JamboJen 	13
Commander H 	11
Marty-French 	9
Albannach 	8
scotland 	7
milky_26 	6
paddyhmfc 	5
tedp6873 	5
jambopompey 	4

Either a big game of three and in or a humongous penalty shoot-out.

100% chance of it being the latter :D

I had that fear for you that it might be a penalty shoot out, in which case we might be here until 10am! Maybe you'd better start with the caffeine :laugh:

Medico, I think probably Maxi will be waiting till the last minute to change. Seems to make sense.

I'm slightly suspicious with both Commander Harris and Tedp getting two quick early votes for Maxi. There's not much to go on either, so it could be coincidence.

I think Maxi is past caring.

Vote Jambopompey

Still not got a clue, but for whatever reason I'm not all that suspicious of Maxi just now. I guess I could just be being played very well, but doesn't look like anyone's going to unvote him anyway.

Day 2 final votes

1 Marty-French Martin

2 Maximus Marty / JamboJen / jambopompey

3 tedp6873 Maximus

4 Medico Albannach / jambopompey

5 Beverley Medico

6 jam tartan jambopompey

7 Albannach Maximus

11 JamboJen Albannach

12 jambopompey Albannach

14 Paddy HibsBeds

15 thehibsareintheirbeds Medico / Paddy

16 scotland jambopompey

17 Martin Milky

Giving

jambopompey 4

Maxi 3

Albannach 2

Martin, Medico, Harris, HibsBeds, Paddy, Milky 1

jambopompey lynched - story to come and get yer night stuff in.

Archived