SHORT SHARP MAFIA

Boof

in the name of saving my own townie skin unvote jamtartan vote acey

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thehibsareintheirbeds
tick tock lol not changing my vote looking like the 3 are up for penalty shoot out lol.

what actually happens then at the lynching hour, meant to ask about this shootout earlier but forgot?

last game it went to the masons to choose

sometimes its a penalty shoot out, other times its the toss of a coin

I have it

Acey 4

Beverley 4

Marty 2

Lots o' folk 1

Which means it's penalty shoot-out time between Acey and Beverley.

Get yer shooting boots and goalie gloves on and PM me with 5 shots and 5 saves each numbered from 1-5.

You can choose from left, middle or right (L, M, R)

The direction is from your own perspective i.e. if the shooter goes right and the goalie goes left it's a save.

Maybe don't have ties that often?

Also it can be a bit of a pain in the erse if one or both combatants don't PM you....hint, hint.

Also would be difficult to work with three participants, though I was proposing to use two goalies if that had happened here :laugh:

exciting stuff!

although if i get punted this early i'll be gutted, well not that gutted cos i get bored with no role really

i'd say good luck to acey, but since i'm innocent he might not be

if he is, you've a hanging of a townie on your hands regardless of whichever one of us is killed:hang:

Anybody able to contact Acey?

I'll give it until 11pm then contact a neutral independent to do his penalty shoot out for him.

Acey's nominated (by me) representative is, at this very moment, dusting off the Predators.

Stay tuned, but I'm sure you'll have time to put the kettle on / fetch a beer.

i hope he scores like a primary 3 player and has the goalkeeping skills of zibi!

me no likey this :(

Rick Grimes

whilst we're waiting (and i remember) was talking to a mate at work about JKB and we eneded working out that you gave him a ticket for the 98 cup final, Boof. he's still very grateful!

was that really 11 years ago tomorrow :21:

certainly doesn't feel like it JT

what a special day it was :)

Right, make yourselves comfortable.

Beverley called Heads, the coin fell as tails so Acey's representative, Ulysses, goes first.

Ulysses steps confidently up to the ball, gives it a kiss and places it on the spot with the logo facing Beverley.

Beverley is doing a kind of a Grobbelaar-esque Riverdance on the goal line.

Uly takes a 3-step run-up and sidefoots the ball to his right.

Beverley pirouettes and flings herself to her left and touches the ball onto the post. SAVE

With the roles reversed, Ulysses lights his pipe and casually sets it behind the post. Beverley, in a frenzy of excitement screams at the referee to 'Blow that effin' whistle'.

She rockets forward and hammers the ball to her left. Uly looks up from his pipe-laying and shuffles to his left, only to see the ball heading into the net in the opposite direction.

GOAL

Acey 0

Beverley 1

'Hmmmm', thinks Uly. 'What would Acey do?'

He places the ball and starts his run-up.

His aim is true and the ball is heading to the top corner on his right.

Beverley cartwheels across the goal to her left and touches the ball onto the bar where it rebounds out to safety. SAVE

Beverley, feeling confident, places the ball again.

Once more calling upon her lucky slogan 'Blow the effin whistle' she waits until the shrill blast of the Acme Thunderer whereupon she leathers the ball to her left.

Uly, in an Acey-ish mind-reading attempt dives to his left again and, once more, sees the net billow behind him. GOAL

Acey 0

Beverley 2

'Hmmm', thinks Uly, 'what would Acey do this time?'

Summoning his recollection of that Derren Brown DVD he'd watched a few weeks ago, he called out to Beverley 'Look out behind you' as he casually stroked the ball to his left.

Unfortunately for Beverley she'd turned the wrong way and fell to her left. GOAL

Beverley then said lots of words that would infract me to Hellenbach, so I won't repeat them here as she placed the ball and, without looking, shot in a leftwardly direction.

Uly, ignoring what Acey's muse was telling him dived to his right and SAVEd.

Acey 1

Beverley 2

Here we go with penalties number 4.

Uly, in a lightning-striking-twice type of attempt once more called out 'Look, no really. I'm serious this time'. 'Huh?', said Bev. Uly's shot flew to his left. Beverley flew to her left.GOAL

Beverley needing a third goal to boost her confidence, thought she'd try a little distracting tactic. No, sorry...I can't really say what I was going to :laugh: Suffice to say that Beverley's shot went fast and low to her left. Uly dived fast and low to his left and the ball hit the net for another GOAL

Acey 2

Beverley 3

this is what i was about to post uly, cos i wonder if you might turn me to this

star-wars-yoda.jpg

Final penalty of the 5.

Uly, thinking he'd got the measure of Beverley, took a 48 step run-up and toe-poked the ball straight down the middle. Beverley felt the draught as she headed left to see the equaliser hit the net.GOAL

Beverley, wishing to get across the finishing line in any way she could, stepped up, prayed to every deity imaginable and fired in a low, hard shot to her left.

Uly, in going to retrieve his pipe (aha, you'd forgotten about it, hadn't you?) tripped over his dangling bootlace, fell to his right, and felt the ball cannon off his head after it had rebounded from the post and it came to rest on the goal line for another SAVE.

Acey/Ulysses 3

Beverley 3

Sudden death - get yer PMs in folks.

yvonnejambo

So the short sharp mafia has over 2 hours since lynch time and not even sorted it yet hahahaha not quite short and sharp :)

So the short sharp mafia has over 2 hours since lynch time and not even sorted it yet hahahaha not quite short and sharp :)

away back to your pishy wee rivals game :P

Archived