Eastenders Mafia

yvonnejambo

Voted yesterday for the Doctor because he wasn't saying much and his post yesterday didn't spark him into life. So I'm sticking with my vote for now

Vote The Doctor

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry Roscoe, that was completely unexpected and definitely a big blow to us! :50:

Obviously my goondar is malfunctioning at the moment.

Anyway, I've had a look at voting from yesterday and this is what I have.

Votes for roscoe in time order

Medico

Armiya

Milky

Pugsy

JamboJen

Votes for Milky in time order

Cigaro

Tedp

TheDoc

Kitster

Votes for Pugsy

Jambopompey

Borthers

Roscoe

Albannach then Deek voted for Malky

Martin then Boof voted for The Doc

Bigsmak voted AR

Marty voted Bigsmak

Jamtartan voted tedp

THAITB voted Eckauskas

Malky voted Marty

Right now I have no idea if any of that helps at all, but I'm going to have another look at it and see if I can work anything out.

Sexton Hardcastle

Vote Cigaro

Just incase i cant get back on before night. Hes due a role

ArmiyaRomanova

It's true that The Doctor's been unusually quiet this game.

So, I think, has Deek.

In a rare post, he says he 'quite likes (JamboJen's) logic' and yet votes for her anyway saying that he's 'stabbing in the dark'.

Deek, if you'd bought her logic, wouldn't you have voted elsewhere?

Vote Cigaro

Your name is not on the start up list m8 not sure why your voting?????

ArmiyaRomanova
Vote Cigaro

It's true that The Doctor's been unusually quiet this game.

So, I think, has Deek.

In a rare post, he says he 'quite likes (JamboJen's) logic' and yet votes for her anyway saying that he's 'stabbing in the dark'.

Deek, if you'd bought her logic, wouldn't you have voted elsewhere?

I was being sarcastic AR. :err:

So, I think, has Deek.

Alright treacle?

When I spoke to you last week I told you I had been taking a sabbatical from Mafia games. I was getting picked out for being a regular

I have rejoined the body of the Kirk and am deliberately not raising my head.

I am Pete Beale, nothing else. I have no role so cannot hint at anything. There is absolutely nothing in this game so far that indicates a pattern. The cop needs to get his finger out as well.

Ok, having scrutinised the voting a bit more there are a couple of things that look a little bit suspicious, but I'm going to wait a while and see what happens today before revealing them.

The Doc and Deek are definitely being much quieter than I would have expected.

But at the same time I agree with Deek that JamboJen's logic makes absolutely no sense.

Kitster put a vote on Milky that put Roscoe into a draw, then JamboJen put the deciding vote on, so if anyone surely she's the one that looks suspicious from it?

Could someone do a post count because I don't know how to?

Not going to vote right now anyway, but my vote will be in before 5.30 because I'm going to the 'You're fired' bit of the apprentice for tonight and won't be back until after deadline.

Ok, having scrutinised the voting a bit more there are a couple of things that look a little bit suspicious, but I'm going to wait a while and see what happens today before revealing them.

The Doc and Deek are definitely being much quieter than I would have expected.

But at the same time I agree with Deek that JamboJen's logic makes absolutely no sense.

Kitster put a vote on Milky that put Roscoe into a draw, then JamboJen put the deciding vote on, so if anyone surely she's the one that looks suspicious from it?

Could someone do a post count because I don't know how to?

Not going to vote right now anyway, but my vote will be in before 5.30 because I'm going to the 'You're fired' bit of the apprentice for tonight and won't be back until after deadline.

MalkyMcFrench 28

Boof 28

yvonnejambo 26

MedicoHearts 23

ArmiyaRomanova 23

Cigaro 21

Silly Sausage 20

Martin 17

jam tartan 17

thehibsareintheirbeds 15

kitster 15

jambopompey 15

Beverley 14

Eckauskas 13

JamboJen 11

Deek 10

milky_26 10

Maximus 10

Borthers 8

tedp6873 8

Albannach 8

Bigsmak 7

Roscoe1874 6

Marty-French 6

The Doctor 3

paddyhmfc 2 No playing ??????

Pugsy 93 2

HMFCjamieHMFC 1

yvonnejambo

I have just checked over the sign up thread and Paddy did have his name down. It just wasnt copied over in and then someone else took that number. I have sent him a PM and trying to work out what to do..any suggestions?

I have just checked over the sign up thread and Paddy did have his name down. It just wasnt copied over in and then someone else took that number. I have sent him a PM and trying to work out what to do..any suggestions?

Let him play and make him a goon. :gun_bandana:

Eckauskas

I can't help but shake a feeling about one or two players here.

I'm not going to reveal anything just now, as I can't vote. I'll let this round play itself out and see if my suspicions go away.

You could use a dice/random number generator to decide whether he becomes another mason/goon/townie then obviously just not reveal the result to everyone else? The only downside to that would be that we wouldn't know how many goons we were hunting.

You could create a special role for him where he can't vote or be voted off, but can participate in the game i.e. he can say who he thinks the goons are and who's safe, but it is up to others if they listen to him. Can't see that being very popular with the goons though.

Alternatively you could re-shuffle everyone's roles and basically the game would restart, can't see that being too popular with many people though.

Final suggestion is that he's not allowed to join the game.

ArmiyaRomanova
Let him play and make him a goon. :gun_bandana:

Good idea, we could do with a boost.

Unfortunate, but I don't think there's any way we can incorporate him other than as a townie. Which'd be a small leg up for us - someone we know we can trust. But I suspect he wouldn't last long.

Still not very sure to be honest, but for now I'm going to

Vote Bev

Has been a lot more active than she was in the last game and is generally quite quiet if she is only a townie.

Not set in stone yet though, so may change before I go out.

yvonnejambo

Hes PMed to say he dont mind sitting it out :50: So back to you guys....

yvonnejambo

Votes so far

The Doctor-3

Armiya-1

Beverley-1

Milky-1

Jambojen-1

Kitster-1

totally confused with this now, the goons are hiding well, possibly an experienced player guiding some newbies

ArmiyaRomanova
Still not very sure to be honest, but for now I'm going to

Vote Bev

Has been a lot more active than she was in the last game and is generally quite quiet if she is only a townie.

Not set in stone yet though, so may change before I go out.

Am I failing to detect sarcasm - for the second time today - here?

Beverley, active? She didn't even know what day it was earlier.

Am I failing to detect sarcasm - for the second time today - here?

Beverley, active? She didn't even know what day it was earlier.

If you look at the post count compared to the last game she has been posting a LOT more.

Although yes, you're right in saying that she didn't seem to have much of a clue what was going on yesterday. At the same time though, the majority of people weren't about much yesterday.

As i said, I don't have much of a clue right now anyway.

If someone can come up with some proper reasoning behind a vote then I might consider changing.

unfair!

i voted ion sat night from my phone to make sure i had a vote in

also, given the fact i posted a message from vonny yesterday before the deadline, would it not have alerted me to the fact i hadn't voted??

bummer!

jambopompey
unfair!

i voted ion sat night from my phone to make sure i had a vote in

also, given the fact i posted a message from vonny yesterday before the deadline, would it not have alerted me to the fact i hadn't voted??

bummer!

Bev, we are having quick day turnarounds, each day is 24 hours not the usual 48 hour days, to try and get the game moving

ArmiyaRomanova

I don't like the way this shortened day is panning out - too many people responding with 'here's my random vote for now' posts is making it really difficult to get a handle on anyone.

I don't like the way this shortened day is panning out - too many people responding with 'here's my random vote for now' posts is making it really difficult to get a handle on anyone.

I kind of agree, but even in the last game when days were two days long people were just avoiding posting, or when they did it was just with random votes and no reasons behind them.

I'm trying to come up with legitimate reasons for my votes, I just can't see very much to base anything on right now. And with my vote yesterday having been so wildly off target I don't know whether to trust my suspicions anymore.

jambopompey
I kind of agree, but even in the last game when days were two days long people were just avoiding posting, or when they did it was just with random votes and no reasons behind them.

I'm trying to come up with legitimate reasons for my votes, I just can't see very much to base anything on right now. And with my vote yesterday having been so wildly off target I don't know whether to trust my suspicions anymore.

i always find the first 2-3 days are usually sta in the darks, my votes on the first 2 days have been for low posters, i am now starting to get a feeling about one or two posters (my record in the last game was poor) but i will wait till later on to allow others to post before making my vote.

find that a few folk are very quick to make votes with little or no explanation

I agree with AR ^^^

I thought I did not bad in my goon-spotting last game and think the longer days gave folk more of a chance to take time to put some thought into the thread and what folk had been saying - even though one of the ones I'd found guilty was because he wasn't saying anything.

I'm actually surprised to find we've had two complete days - this weekend has been a bit of a blur for me.

I have a thought but will need to post this then get back to you...don't wait too long though - it's hardly earth-shattering.

1- malkymcfrench

2 jam tartan

3 Jambopompey

4- Kitster

5- bigsmak

6 - Beverley

7 - Albannach

8 - Roscoe1874 - lynched

9 - Boof

10- hibshater - lynched

11- Cig

12- thehibsareintheirbeds - whacked

13- milky_26

14- Silly Sausage - whacked

15 - Eckauskas

16 - Pugsy 93

17 Borthers

18 Martin

19 The Doctor

20 JamboJen

21 Deek

22 Marty-French

23 ArmiyaRomanova

24 - Medico

25 Tedp

Sorry folks, that wasn't much of a thought at all - I just wanted to see who was still in the game...if I've got any of those wrong, gie's a shout. I'd completely forgotten about hibshater, but when I saw his name remembered all about the BS/who do I check if I'm the cop etc. carry on.

That's quite funny actually Boof. By looking at that it looks like I'm just voting for every second person upwards on the list, and that every second person downwards is being whacked at night. :laugh:

Probably makes me look quite suspicious. Purely coincidental though I have to add, the way I'm keeping track of things I've got everyone in alphabetical order so hadn't even noticed it until you posted.

Good idea, we could do with a boost.

Maybe I'm failing to detect sarcasm as well, but how would that be boostful?

We'd lynch him, then the goons would get a night kill...i.e. basically a free one.

I suppose one minor boost would be that we'd get an investigation...possibly :mad:

Vote : MalkyMcFrench

Again not realy got a reason but I have to vote for somebody.

ArmiyaRomanova
Maybe I'm failing to detect sarcasm as well, but how would that be boostful?

We'd lynch him, then the goons would get a night kill...i.e. basically a free one.

I suppose one minor boost would be that we'd get an investigation...possibly :mad:

In case it escaped your notice, the town hasn't managed to catch a bad 'un in quite a while - the psychological boost of seeing the words GOON and LYNCH in close proximity on yvonne's end-of-day update is what I was referring to.

Eckauskas

FS, the only person I'm not suspicious of now is myself.

You're barking up the wrong tree if you think I'm a goon but the argument for voting for me didn't really make much sense either.

vote Milky Same vote as yesterday, I think he's trying to convince other players it's the newbies that are the goons and hence get us lynched

jambopompey

the goons in the last game played a blinder, but where also helped by a psycho assassin and poor choices on who to lynch. it would be good if there was a minimum post per day per player, but it would have to be more than a i vote for player x as i don't trust them, a bit of an explanation to go with it, even if it is they have not posted much.

I know that those that have played a few games in a row get stigmatized for previous roles, im back after missing god knows how many games, i am experienced (but still suck) and know what makes a good game, and that is folk posting, whether clues are left or even just going by gut instincts on players, i had that with AR in the last game but could not gather enough to let others join in.

this game i have a few ideas on some players but its still early doors and it may just be them getting into the way of the game.

i do like the idea of a 24 hour day but maybe 48 hours for the weekends, as we usually have a game and i know i like a few sherries pre and post match

ArmiyaRomanova

vote Milky Same vote as yesterday, I think he's trying to convince other players it's the newbies that are the goons and hence get us lynched

No, that was me.

And not all the newbies...

In case it escaped your notice, the town hasn't managed to catch a bad 'un in quite a while - the psychological boost of seeing the words GOON and LYNCH in close proximity on yvonne's end-of-day update is what I was referring to.

We got The Doctor last game...didn't we?

ArmiyaRomanova

Shooting fish in a barrel though...

jambopompey

that was an easy one due to the clues in his posts, but that is what makes the game better, some clues in the way people post rather than the 'i vote for player x' with no thought in them, also the pile on's can also through some light onto who has a role and not

Rick Grimes
No, that was me.

And not all the newbies...

which newbies do you find suspicious?

I'm not disputing it was an easy one, just pointing out that we had recently lynched a bad 'un.

I totally agree with pompey - and usually go off on a rant about it - that being quiet is the biggest possible help to the goons.

If you're innocent, and in danger of lynching...how the hell are we meant to know other than a 'But honestly...', 'You'll be sorry...' etc

And, by then it's (a) probably too late and (B) something the goons would say in a last-ditch plea to try and wriggle out of a lynching anyway.

The Doctor

I haven't posted much for three reasons.

1. I have nothing to say.

2. I am unroled so not trying to prove or manipulate anything.

3. I've had a really busy weekend.

But mostly I just have nothing to say, there are a lot of people posting a lot of things and saying nothing. They look suspicious to me, it's like they're going "look at me, I'm breezy, nothing to see here, but here I am, breezy, not at all suspicious, just pass on by, don't pay me any attention..."

I like Deek's sarcasm, it fits in with what I've been saying above, also she's not the only she I'm thinking about, but not Bev, who would never have made the mistake she did if she was taking this game in any way seriously, i.e. had a role.

Vote JamboJen

Rick Grimes

hmmm, a reasonable defence by the Doc. there's so little to go on this game that its murder....

unvote the Doc for now

ArmiyaRomanova
which newbies do you find suspicious?

particularly.....

Kitster

and

Eckauskas

Rick Grimes

ok, i'll take your advice on board then. hope you're right because, as ever, i'm bloody hopeless at this game

vote Kitster

ArmiyaRomanova

I've not placed a vote yet today, but I should have the courage of my convictions...

VOTE: Kitster

And yes, it looks like I might be trying to start a pile-on.

That's the point.

ArmiyaRomanova

VOTES COUNT

kitster - 3

doctor - 2

jambojen - 2

milky - 2

armiya - 1

beverley - 1

malkymc - 1

pugsy - 1

13 voted, 6 still to come

Going out in about 10 minutes, so this will be about the last from me until after deadline.

There are only a couple of people that I think are trustworthy in the game just now and based on that I'm going to

Unvote Bev

Vote Kitster

If she goes and turns out not to be a goon I think I know who I'll be voting tomorrow though.

yvonnejambo

kitster - 4

doctor - 2

jambojen - 2

milky - 2

armiya - 1

malkymc - 1

pugsy - 1

Still to vote;

Malky, jambopompey, Albannach, Boof, Milky & Marty

Archived