Official Golf geeks gibber thread

Victorian

I thinkthe new 2019 rules let you drop out the bunker if u don't fancy it.

2 stroke penalty.

I could of course be making this up. :lol:

Just searched for this and you're right. It's in the draft proposals. Not a bad idea I suppose but imagine taking a two shot slap in the dish and then sclaffing it back in. :D

You should see some of the other proposals. Putting allowed with the ****ing flag in the hole!!!!!! WTF?

:cornette:

• Replies 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hmfc_liam06

• Samuel Camazzola

• Irufushi

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Relaxed putting green rules: There will be no penalty if a ball played from the putting green hits an unattended flagstick in the hole; players may putt without having the flagstick attended or removed. Players may repair spike marks and other damage made by shoes, animal damage and other damage on the putting green and there is no penalty for merely touching the line of putt.

:muggy:

Relaxed putting green rules: There will be no penalty if a ball played from the putting green hits an unattended flagstick in the hole; players may putt without having the flagstick attended or removed. Players may repair spike marks and other damage made by shoes, animal damage and other damage on the putting green and there is no penalty for merely touching the line of putt.

:muggy:

The new proposals are designed to speed up play, I don't think they'll make a difference, see some of the guys I've played in opens with over the years? Slow doesn't even describe it, I walked in at Moray 36 last year, one guy was like a human sloth. Ruins it for everyone.

The new proposals are designed to speed up play, I don't think they'll make a difference, see some of the guys I've played in opens with over the years? Slow doesn't even describe it, I walked in at Moray 36 last year, one guy was like a human sloth. Ruins it for everyone.

3 minute search and shot time guidlines. Fair enough.

Putting with the pin in. Madness.

hmfc_liam06

In terms of general play, it's the auld *******s on the course that get on my goat.

They never let you through. Not the first time I've walked off pissed off when out for a practice round on my own and getting stuck behind a geriatric fourball :lol:

Sounds like the auld ***** are living to the old maxim of a single player having no status on the course. A 2 should get through a 3 and a 3 through a 4, etc. A 1 had no right to get through anyone.

Just sabotage their powacaddies.

Stuck behind two 3 balls today, stood on every tee waiting to let the first 3 ball to let me through, for 6 holes.... Ended up walking in, I said to the guy cheers for letting me through, and his reply was they didn't because another 3 ball was in front :facepalm: I told him I wasn't ****ing worried about who was in front, he should be letting me through, could have smacked him him. Prick.

Case in point.

The rage was strong barack, I like your idea, I'll sign the petition.

Edited by Irufushi

Cut 0.6 in the medal this afternoon. :)

Would be 37 points converting the strokeplay score to stableford.

Samuel Camazzola

Cut 0.6 in the medal this afternoon. :)

Would be 37 points converting the strokeplay score to stableford.

Good stuff. I assume your standard scratch is above par at Longniddry today or you've sold yourself short on the points front?

Good stuff. I assume your standard scratch is above par at Longniddry today or you've sold yourself short on the points front?

Yeah standard scratch is 3 over. Par 68, sss 71.

Edited by Sten Guns

Armageddon

Stuck behind two 3 balls today, stood on every tee waiting to let the first 3 ball to let me through, for 6 holes.... Ended up walking in, I said to the guy cheers for letting me through, and his reply was they didn't because another 3 ball was in front :facepalm: I told him I wasn't ******* worried about who was in front, he should be letting me through, could have smacked him him. Prick.

I played at Craigielaw a couple of weeks back, one guy I was drawn with in a 4 ball - Jesus, never played with anybody as rubbish or slow in my life.  We let 2 groups through (never done that in my life) then it came to the third group and I just carried on playing, ended up finishing a hole and waiting for him on the tee ... honestly couldn't take anymore - he was standing waiting for greens to clear from 240 when his furthest hit all day had been 120 max then he'd top it 20 yards and not watch it and then need to look for it, he was reading every putt as if he was about to win The Open and 3 putting every hole, brutal, the last 6 holes I didn't help him look for one ball and I just carried on.

It was a rude thing for me to do but folk need to know what reasonable and unreasonable on a golf course (coming from a guy asking if you can drop a ball out a bunker by deeming in unplayable!)

Played the first 9 at Torwoodlee last night. It was my first time playing for circa 5 years, and I'm looking to get back playing regularly.

Scored 51, which I was a bit disappointed with. Off the tee I was pretty reliable but my distance control on my irons was quite a bit off. Also my chipping needs some serious work.

Still looking forward to getting back out there though.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Prince Buaben

Played my first ever round at vogrie on Sunday there. it can only get better. 

Any good courses for beginners?

Played my first ever round at vogrie on Sunday there. it can only get better. 

Any good courses for beginners?

The wee 9 hole par 3 course at Swanston. Forget about trying to hit drivers and woods until you can hit your irons reasonably well.

There's also a short 9 hole course at Bathgate that would be decent for beginners.

Edited by Ray Gin

Samuel Camazzola

The wee 9 hole par 3 course at Swanston. Forget about trying to hit drivers and woods until you can hit your irons reasonably well.

I'd back this up. The Templar course was decent when I last played it. The short game is what separates the good players too. Get this in good shape and you'll enjoy the game more.

There's also the Wee Braids 9 hole course, although it's a fair bit tougher than the one at Swanston and its a mix of par 4s and 3s.

Prince Buaben

Cheers guys..

Spent half of sunday gardening getting my ball out of the woods. 

Cyprus Jambo

There is also a 9 holes at Eskbank - Melville. Has a not bad driving range, putting area and bunker practice area. 1 mile up the road is Kings Acre and that has a better driving range but slightly more expensive. Also has a kids Par 3 course if you want to practice your short game.

Prince Buaben

There is also a 9 holes at Eskbank - Melville. Has a not bad driving range, putting area and bunker practice area. 1 mile up the road is Kings Acre and that has a better driving range but slightly more expensive. Also has a kids Par 3 course if you want to practice your short game.

Was the Melville driving range yesterday. Just banging it as squint as i could :ninja:. Think going to give the 9 holes there a shot. 

Also going to try the par 3 at Swanston

Big day tomorrow. Dispatch Trophy at the Braids in the morning, then a quick nash back to my club for a competition. Been feckered with the flu for a week so I'm not sure I'm up to it. I feel an NR coming on in the competition and a retiral to the bar for a few pints.

Playing a match at mussleburgh tonight and a texas scramble on Gullane number 1 tomorrow.. the weather is promising.. love golf..

Edited by Bigsmak

Armageddon

:seething:

Senior Women, now added to the list.

Permanent entries on the list, surely?

They are now.

I'd not encountered arseholery on such a level with the ladies before. Until today.

Maybe I've been fortunate. But today, I almost lost the head at two of them.

Senior ladies are sooooo on the list they're not actually required to be on the list.

Had 3 dickheads not let me through last night.

All three of them put their drives into the trees. The last one teed off just as I arrived on the tee behind them. Didn't let me through, and proceeded to take at least 5 minutes searching for their balls in the trees, again without waving me through while looking for their balls.

Arseholes. Thankfully this was the 8th hole and I was only playing 9.

Had the slowest back 9 ever today, at points there were 4 groups on holes, 2 at the tee one on fairway and one on green. No fun in the rain, boys in front actually had the cheek to ask us to slow down.

Anyway managed 36 points, had 20 of them by the turn, then struggled as it got slower and I got more frustrated. Feel if I could get playing regularly there may be a score in there somewhere

Samuel Camazzola

38 points today. Should have been in the 40's but for two double bogies and two three putts. A cut will be on the way though.

I shot 71, +1 today, was -1 going on to 17 (par 3) and had a double bogey, dunked my ball in the water. :seething:

Away comp, on the worst 'greens' I have even putted on. That will be me at around 3.8 now! I'll need to wait until they post it on howdidido to get stableford points.

Samuel Camazzola

I shot 71, +1 today, was -1 going on to 17 (par 3) and had a double bogey, dunked my ball in the water. :seething:

Away comp, on the worst 'greens' I have even putted on. That will be me at around 3.8 now! I'll need to wait until they post it on howdidido to get stableford points.

Would you not have scored 39 if you've shot +1 less 4 =-3?

Great shooting regardless!

I can only dream of shooting a 71. 

Great shooting regardless!

I can only dream of shooting a 71.

Probably the best I've struck the ball from tee to green, had around 12 birdie putts, I hit two bad shots all day, a scabby 4 iron, and a 5 iron which cost me a double.

Long to mid irons have been my weakness for two years now, my bad shot is a really weak slice.

hmfc_liam06

Absolute nightmare at Arbroath today with that weather, monsoon conditions. 34 points won our outing. Only 4 points separating 1st to 12th!

Team lost in the Dispatch Trophy. I was ahead in my game but the other game was down. We should have won and everyone is spewing. Didnt play in the club comp. The 19th hole was played repeatedly.

Absolute nightmare at Arbroath today with that weather, monsoon conditions. 34 points won our outing. Only 4 points separating 1st to 12th!

Ha! Boy I know was playing there yesterday, I was telling him that I hoped it would piss down all day :pleasing:

hmfc_liam06

Ha! Boy I know was playing there yesterday, I was telling him that I hoped it would piss down all day :pleasing:

We went out at 11.30, was light rain for the most part but then by the 12th the heavens opened.m, and didn't really stop!

Twice I've played it now, first time in 35mph winds, second time in torrential rain :lol:

We went out at 11.30, was light rain for the most part but then by the 12th the heavens opened.m, and didn't really stop!

Twice I've played it now, first time in 35mph winds, second time in torrential rain :lol:

Had light rain all day up here yesterday, never got heavy thankfully. Nairn Dunbar open today, break it by 4 and I'll be off 3 :lol: ambitious!!!

Won my match at mussleburgh 8 and 6. So I guess I was playing ok.

Think it's only the 2nd or 3rd time this has happened.

Texas scramble in the rain. Didn't go that well. Struggled as a team and we were 2 shots of the prizes so not good.

Medal tonight on Gullane number 2. Let's see how that goes. I'm getting 3 to 4 games a week, so you think I'd be getting better.

Edited by Bigsmak

Made buffer Saturday medal.

Somehow I find it more frustrating than going up 0.1.

:lol:

hmfc_liam06

Had light rain all day up here yesterday, never got heavy thankfully. Nairn Dunbar open today, break it by 4 and I'll be off 3 :lol: ambitious!!!

Enjoy!

Weekly medal for me today, showed flashes yesterday so hopefully can put something together. I've been really poor in competition this year so far.

I was +5 today at Nairn Dunbar, out in +4 after being -2 after 3, doubled on 8 and 9. Then got it back to +2 after 17 and totally collapsed with a bad tee shot, meaning a lost ball, took an 8. Will still hopefully get cut point 2.

Overall a good weekend. 39 and 36 points Liam :thumbsup:

29 pissing points today.

Back to back doubles and the heid went down.

3 day "festival of golf" at Hirsel Gc to look forward to starting Friday. Hopefully the weather permits a bit more practice in the run up.

82 today. Would usually be pretty happy with that but came off the course seething. I had 7 birdie putts within around 15 feet and made none of them. 3 putted 5 times on the back 9.

:facepalm:

• Maple Leaf changed the title to Official Golf geeks gibber thread