• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hmfc_liam06

• Samuel Camazzola

• Irufushi

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You never watch the sketches from Chewin' The Fat?

C'mon now, Percy!

No?

Anyone...?

You've lost me, buddy.

hmfc_liam06

Has anyone played any courses down Newcastle way? Arranging a weekend with the boys and fancy heading down that way.

Found a place called Longhirst Hall, the Lakes course looks mental, water on every single hole!

Just a thought.

The Standard Scratch at my course is 33 points.

Should we be adjusting our scores for this wee comp in line with the SS of where the score was shot. :lol:

At a disadvantage here man. Haha.

Edited by Sten Guns

Samuel Camazzola

Just a thought.

Should we be adjusting our scores for this wee comp in line with the SS of where the score was shot. :lol:

Good try but you are still benefiting from full handicap against the course stroke index.

Good try but you are still benefiting from full handicap against the course stroke index.

No flies on you, sir!

Was worth a shout. Lol

Has anyone played any courses down Newcastle way? Arranging a weekend with the boys and fancy heading down that way.

Found a place called Longhirst Hall, the Lakes course looks mental, water on every single hole!

Both Longhirst Hall courses are decent. Think one holds a Europro event every year? Certainly used to.

Can't help you with anything further sound than Morpeth but dunstainburgh castle and Bamburgh are worth a shot further north.

hmfc_liam06

Both Longhirst Hall courses are decent. Think one holds a Europro event every year? Certainly used to.

Can't help you with anything further sound than Morpeth but dunstainburgh castle and Bamburgh are worth a shot further north.

Lose many balls on the Lakes course? :lol:

Morpeth is probably as far north as we'd like to go, we'll be staying in and going out in Newcastle.

Lose many balls on the Lakes course? :lol:

Morpeth is probably as far north as we'd like to go, we'll be staying in and going out in Newcastle.

Ah, fair enough pal. High chance I did but it was a good while ago to be honest. There's an island green on a par 4 that I dunked 2 in, but I'm sure that's on the other course (Dawson?)

Forgot to mention blyth, played it a few times as part of a reciprocal deal with my club. Decent enough parkland track with a nice clubhouse with good beer.

hmfc_liam06

I've played Hexham down that way but remember nowt about the course. Hope this helps. :)

I'll check it out!

Ah, fair enough pal. High chance I did but it was a good while ago to be honest. There's an island green on a par 4 that I dunked 2 in, but I'm sure that's on the other course (Dawson?)

Forgot to mention blyth, played it a few times as part of a reciprocal deal with my club. Decent enough parkland track with a nice clubhouse with good beer.

Yeah I think that's the Dawson course. I'll look at Blyth.

Not looking for anything top end, we usually get two rounds and food for around ?60. Played Hopeman last year and Hirsel this August at a similar price point.

Hi there,

Just back from a golf trip to Whitley Bay area - try Arcot Hall ,nice course best greens I have putted on in years. Tyne mouth - nice parkland course , and if you like links golf Newbiggin GC total hidden gem. All with reasonable green fees ?20 -?30.

Have a good trip!!

hmfc_liam06

Hi there,

Just back from a golf trip to Whitley Bay area - try Arcot Hall ,nice course best greens I have putted on in years. Tyne mouth - nice parkland course , and if you like links golf Newbiggin GC total hidden gem. All with reasonable green fees ?20 -?30.

Have a good trip!!

Cheers mate will definitely check them out!

Cyprus Jambo

Only played 4 medals this season so far but first 2 have been removed from Howdidido, 3rd and 4th round are both 35 points.

Sunday - 4 shots left with 4 to play, par, double bogey, par and then 3 off the tee for a last hole 7!!!!

Just a thought.

Same at mine. I tried to bring it up but the people here be crazy.

I'm paying a medal tomorrow where the CSS is 39 points. So hopefully can get at least. 36

Through to the semi finals, won 3&1 in the end, after being 2 down after 3, and then after getting it back, going 1 down after 11.

I played 17 holes around +2. So he would've been well under his handicap, think he played off 7 or something.

Through to the semi finals, won 3&1 in the end, after being 2 down after 3, and then after getting it back, going 1 down after 11.

I played 17 holes around +2. So he would've been well under his handicap, think he played off 7 or something.

Well done sir, keep it going!

So, was he a Big Jock-type?

As in, was he a loudmouth-lookatme-arsehole type?

Oh, well done on your win too...

Nah, :lol: he was a sound guy.

Not a slaying then? ;)

Nice to see the underdog raise his game against a low cat1 player. Completely normal too.

Well done yourself. Hope you win it.

Not a slaying then? ;)

Nice to see the underdog raise his game against a low cat1 player. Completely normal too.

Well done yourself. Hope you win it.

Far from it, :lol: cheers man. :thumbsup:

Anybody played Wishaw???

Yeah. Course is decent. First few holes are boring and shirt. Couple of holes cross over and are pretty tight to others by that I mean you feel as though your hitting your 2nd over a green from another hole.

Great pro though

Into the final, played my best round in a long time, was -3 after 16, won 3&2.

13 pars and 3 birdies. My opponent played very well too.

Samuel Camazzola

Into the final, played my best round in a long time, was -3 after 16, won 3&2.

13 pars and 3 birdies. My opponent played very well too.

Well played Sir.

Is the final at the weekend? 36 holes?

hmfc_liam06

38 points in the Thursday Stableford.

Had 28 points going into the final 3 holes and went 4/3/3!

Putting was absolutely stinking as well, pushing everything right and had 6 3 putts!

Played awful. Had to hit 3 balls if the first tee with an out of bounds looming.

3 putted 7 times.

31 points

Nice round and Castle Stuart today, didn't play great but it was pretty windy!! :lol:

Shot a +7 79. Was out in +6.

Nice round and Castle Stuart today, didn't play great but it was pretty windy!! :lol:

Shot a +7 79. Was out in +6.

Good shooting, Castle Stuart looks a great course, one I really want to play

Samuel Camazzola

Final on Saturday, 18 holes.

All the best in your final today. Your form suggests you'll go in to this with confidence.

Have you won it before?

All the best in your final today. Your form suggests you'll go in to this with confidence.

Have you won it before?

Nah, I work back shift so normally not able to play, unless I have a week off.

Won a handicap one at another course about 2 years ago, and a scratch one when I was a junior.

Samuel Camazzola

Nah, I work back shift so normally not able to play, unless I have a week off.

Won a handicap one at another course about 2 years ago, and a scratch one when I was a junior.

Take my tactics. Give them their gimmes on the front nine and when the pressure starts to build, give nothing on the back nine. B)

All irrelevant if you're strolling it though.

Unlucky. Take it on the chin.

Club champy round 1. Started with a horror +3 at the first. Tough tomato. Had a 4 putt later from just off a green. Missed numerous chances to make progress but had no fortune. Sometimes you just get zilch.

34 points.

Thinking about joining Craigielaw golf club, anyone played? Thoughts?

Not sure if there is a joining fee or not could anyone let me know what it is?

Cheers

Samuel Camazzola

Thinking about joining Craigielaw golf club, anyone played? Thoughts?

Not sure if there is a joining fee or not could anyone let me know what it is?

Cheers

Cracking course. Greens like upturned saucers but a couple of driveable par 4s.

For the vicinity, I much prefer Gullane but couldn't tell you the difference in subscription rates.

You may see square heid John Collins at Craigielaw as I'm pretty certain he is a member.

hmfc_liam06

Scramble at Montrose today. Decent links course, tough track in some strong winds.

Two 450 yard par 4's back to back into the wind to start the back 9.

Club champy round 2. Started with another horror +2. Did quite well. Holed out very well from the 4-6 feet range. Missed a short one. Drained one long one. Hitting with the driver and woods was very good over the 36. My iron play is not good enough really. My delicate chipping is still very poor. 5 shots away from qualification.

35 points.

Cracking course. Greens like upturned saucers but a couple of driveable par 4s.

For the vicinity, I much prefer Gullane but couldn't tell you the difference in subscription rates.

You may see square heid John Collins at Craigielaw as I'm pretty certain he is a member.

Thanks Samuel, I'm going to get in touch and see what the situation is and hopefully get my self a round out of it too.

I've heard about the greens being a little difficult but the facilities look amazing.

Cheers

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Is the North Inch in Perth any good. Pure handiness, so not looking for anything more than average  really

hmfc_liam06

Is the North Inch in Perth any good. Pure handiness, so not looking for anything more than average  really

Average is probably pushing it :lol:

There's a reason it goes for ?7 on teeofftimes.co.uk

Managed to get 39 points yesterday, not sure I actually played any better, just think course was playing pretty short with the amount of run, my short game was actually pretty poor as couldn't judge the amount of spin/run very well. But the course was definitely playing easy, going by the scoring in general, doubt I even made top 20

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Average is probably pushing it :lol:

There's a reason it goes for ?7 on teeofftimes.co.uk

Okay cheers. It's either that or no round Sunday. As long as the greens are okay I forgive a lot of other sins :)

Bought the Taylor made tour spider black putter today. Had ?185 in vouchers so it cost me 50 odd quid.

Scotty putter put away in the cupboard, no doubt it'll be back in the bag this time next year :lol:

• Maple Leaf changed the title to Official Golf geeks gibber thread