• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hmfc_liam06

• Samuel Camazzola

• Irufushi

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You know it's bad, when the 70-odd year old guy in the pro shop says: "Didn't know the circus was in town!"

Should've gone full happy gilmore on the old git.

Glad that's over and done with. Hit a lot of good shots but a few bum ones too, inc 2 unmentionables. Put a few drives into dead positions but produced a couple of Seve recoveries. The wheels came off in the last 3 holes, big time, which is a shame because I was heading for a good score. Ended up in 83. It should have been so much better. Driver has promise but I might have to go back to the stiff shaft. I need two more rounds to get more comfortable with irons shots.

JamboCampbell

Need Help/Recommendation

I seriously need a lesson/new approach to pitching between 20 and 80 yards!

Anyone recommend any coach in particular?

Armageddon

Nope, you?

Booked in for Gogarburn on Sunday though. :smile:

How did you get on yesterday??  Windy first hole then thankfully the rest of the course calmed down when you got behind the trees.

hmfc_liam06

What ever happened to the JKB medal league someone mentioned? We should have a league table of your top 10 scores in stableford format, just for a laugh.

Played 3 so far equating to: 34 / 30 / 35.

What ever happened to the JKB medal league someone mentioned? We should have a league table of your top 10 scores in stableford format, just for a laugh.

Played 3 so far equating to: 34 / 30 / 35.

Get it sorted then. :)

Armageddon

Armageddon          35     31     35        Total 106

hmfc_liam06          34     30     35        Total 99

Irufushi                   31     31                 Total 62

Victorian                29                           Total 29

Edited by Armageddon

hmfc_liam06

The stablefords are only counting in comps, aye?

Any competition at your club or Open I'd say? 

Any competition at your club or Open I'd say?

Yea, If you play any open/comp just post your points in here. Just transfer to points.

Victorian

The pressure is on. :D

I'll probably play 10 to 12 this year so they'll have to start counting.

I've just been let through a 4 ball at my local course by Billy king and Brad Mckay :lol: I nearly drove the second green when they were on it, let me through on the 3rd and I drove the green with my 3 wood, one boy was impressed (looked like anier) said cheers and FTH :lol:

(cool story Bro) :)

Yeah mate. I really like it. Good parkland course.

Might give the open a bash then, Mortonhall the day before so will see how it goes.

hmfc_liam06

38 & 40 points in the 2 stablefords so far this year.

:2thumbsup:

Strokeplay have been shite though

Convert your stroke play into stableford if you're in the wee league, that's how it's working :thumbsup:

Convert your stroke play into stableford if you're in the wee league, that's how it's working :thumbsup:

Ahhh,

34, 40, 32, 36, 38, 32

Armageddon

Are we posting our first 10 scores or do better scores then supersede the worst scores if each player plays over 10 rounds??

hmfc_liam06

Are we posting our first 10 scores or do better scores then supersede the worst scores if each player plays over 10 rounds??

The latter was my thinking, top 10 over the entire season.

Haha they're shite right enough!!

A decent start all at my home course, just wait until some open scores get posted. That'll bring the average down a few points ha

hmfc_liam06

Scores since the start of the season or the year? I'm making a right arse of this!

Let's go with first weekend in April? Think that's when most will have started.

Let's go with first weekend in April? Think that's when most will have started.

38, 32 for me then mate.

Good idea this. Cheers

Cyprus Jambo

First non team event yesterday (all games so far have been texas scramble). Took a few colleagues down to Haddington adn told them we will play of the whites. 37 points with a 9 on the score card!!!!! Still played to my handicap mind.

First real medal this Sunday so hopefully my game stays with me.

Sten Guns

First non team event yesterday (all games so far have been texas scramble). Took a few colleagues down to Haddington adn told them we will play of the whites. 37 points with a 9 on the score card!!!!! Still played to my handicap mind.First real medal this Sunday so hopefully my game stays with me.

Been hearing the greens at Haddy are a lot better just now. Good to hear.

Cyprus Jambo

Don't look that good but can't fault the pace or roll.

Looks of good comments after the spring open.

Was tough yesterday as the wind was in the opposite direction than normal, made all the long holes really long. Usually wind behind for 2nd, 2 par 5s and 15th but not yesterday.

Armageddon

Just watched Mark Warren give a 5 minutes lesson at the Callaway day at St Andrews on Facebook Live - jesus Christ!!!  Knocks about 8 balls from all different lies to a couple of feet and talks them through each shot before hitting.

Manny1874

Ive got the shotscope. 

yes it is a little too big but doesn't interfere with my swing. Its 90% automatic but to get really good putting stats you can press one of the buttons next to the hole - eg, 0, 1, 2, 3 or 4 putts.. Hopefully never 5 putts!  - You can edit your round after the game and fix things like provisional shots etc all on your computer.  Its easy to use and gives a lot of good information - This is just one of the pages which tells me how far I hit each iron on average (no 6 iron there as I lost my tag so that is the custom one at the bottom- you get 20 tags when you buy so there are spares) 

My sw is 52deg and l is 58. 

10z4qag.jpg

Dragging up a bit of an old topic here but I was doing a bit of research on Shot Scope this evening and found that you can get one on their website for ?149 if you use the code GP149. Just in case anyone was a little tempted by the stat tracking like I am.

Downhill with the wind

You can zoom into every hole you have played. See where you have missed the fairway etc..

Edited by Bigsmak

luckyBatistuta

How did you get on yesterday??  Windy first hole then thankfully the rest of the course calmed down when you got behind the trees.

They done alright. My youngest didn't play his best, but his big brother was hitting some crackers, but seemed to find every bunker going off the tee, which cost him a load of strokes. That might have something to do with his dad being the worst caddie ever though. They just need the experience from this and I've now got them a membership at Newbattle, as well as Swanston (always blowing a gale and raining up there) Took them up to Newbattle tonight and they done ok, only played the 1st,2nd,17th,18th. Desperate to get them on the course as much as possible now, so I've signed them up for Melrose on Sunday, even though it's going to screw with my work and my sons football. You going to be at Melrose?

Armageddon

They done alright. My youngest didn't play his best, but his big brother was hitting some crackers, but seemed to find every bunker going off the tee, which cost him a load of strokes. That might have something to do with his dad being the worst caddie ever though. They just need the experience from this and I've now got them a membership at Newbattle, as well as Swanston (always blowing a gale and raining up there) Took them up to Newbattle tonight and they done ok, only played the 1st,2nd,17th,18th. Desperate to get them on the course as much as possible now, so I've signed them up for Melrose on Sunday, even though it's going to screw with my work and my sons football. You going to be at Melrose?

Nah we'll give it a miss, wee man has another comp at North Berwick and I've a yardage session at Archerfield, our next will be Dalmahoy, although we have the European Championships at the end of this month.

luckyBatistuta

Nah we'll give it a miss, wee man has another comp at North Berwick and I've a yardage session at Archerfield, our next will be Dalmahoy, although we have the European Championships at the end of this month.

Ah well, maybe see you at Dalmahoy then. Good luck with your lad in his tournaments, hope he does well.

Cyprus Jambo

Ah well, maybe see you at Dalmahoy then. Good luck with your lad in his tournaments, hope he does well.

Do your kids not play in the wee wanderers? It was at Melville in Dalkeith on Sunday. Neice qualified again (although only 2 females for her age group). She has a european qualifer coming up in Jun as well.

• Maple Leaf changed the title to Official Golf geeks gibber thread