Top Posters In This Topic

• hmfc_liam06

• Samuel Camazzola

• Irufushi

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hmfc_liam06

The shot of champions, welcome to the elite.

I've no idea how I'm doing it, and of course I'm aiming with my natural fade so was waaaay left at times today!

The only adjustment I've made is to position the ball a bit more central in my stance as I felt I was catching the top of the ball on the way up and getting a poor launch. So I've instantly gone from a low fade to a high draw! Should be back out tomorrow so no doubt first hole I'll aim right and slice it :lol: 

hmfc_liam06

League table updated:

http://jkbgolf-com.stackstaging.com/

Irufushi one round away from 10 scores submitted and leads the way on 313.

His closest challenger is actually myself despite sitting in 4th. He has 2 rounds on me and I'm 68 behind.

Also, if anyone is missing scores or wants in, let me know and I'll get the table updated.

Edited by hmfc_liam06

I've no idea how I'm doing it, and of course I'm aiming with my natural fade so was waaaay left at times today!

The only adjustment I've made is to position the ball a bit more central in my stance as I felt I was catching the top of the ball on the way up and getting a poor launch. So I've instantly gone from a low fade to a high draw! Should be back out tomorrow so no doubt first hole I'll aim right and slice it :lol:

I used to only be able to draw the ball,now I can't. Fade my irons and woods. And throw in the odd slappy slice.:(

hmfc_liam06

I used to only be able to draw the ball,now I can't. Fade my irons and woods. And throw in the odd slappy slice. :(

Draws, fades...I'd take straight!

Have a medal tomorrow and then another on Wednesday. Hopfully drop? the 25 pointer from the table and start mounting a proper challenge.

Samuel Camazzola

72 scratch around Gullane No.1 today. 2 putted every green. Played very steady. 2 birdies on the par 5s (missed a 6 foot eagle putt) and 3 bogies after catching bunkers

40 points for the comp.

That's very impressive scoring around a course like that. A 72 around Gullane 2 would have been commendable in its own right.

Thanks. I'm playing number 2 in a medal this afternoon. Hopefully hole some putts

Edited by Bigsmak

72-1 in champ qualifying this morning. Was 3 under through 10 and 3 putted all my shots away, still, 37 pts converted

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Heard good things about Edzell, definitely one for the future.

Couple at Brechin said the atmosphere was a bit old fashioned

38 points tonight. 74 less 5. Won the last of our 4 night championship.

Back in 2 under. But.. I also took 4 to get down from the side of 2 greens and 3 putted a further 2 times.. o, my golf is close.

Has anyone played Dundonald Links? I've got the chance to play it the day after it's held the Scottish open price is quite steep just hoping it's worth it!

Armageddon

Has anyone played Dundonald Links? I've got the chance to play it the day after it's held the Scottish open price is quite steep just hoping it's worth it!

Aye I have - twice this year.  It's decent, wouldn't say it was amazing, can't remember any of the holes, other then a slight dogleg right that was covered in divots.  Clubhouse and road into it are shocking.  I'm sure it'll be pristine come the event.

Aye I have - twice this year.  It's decent, wouldn't say it was amazing, can't remember any of the holes, other then a slight dogleg right that was covered in divots.  Clubhouse and road into it are shocking.  I'm sure it'll be pristine come the event.

Cheers, read a few reviews and it's quite mixed. I'm down for the Open so will be great to play it so soon after watching the pro's any other course down there you recommend? Looked at Troon but it's too busy.

hmfc_liam06

Cheers, read a few reviews and it's quite mixed. I'm down for the Open so will be great to play it so soon after watching the pro's any other course down there you recommend? Looked at Troon but it's too busy.

The two neighbours - Western Gailles and Kilmarnock Barassie.

Decent track, nothing spectacular but I'd give it another bash for sure.

Cyprus Jambo

I've organised a work's golf event for Drumoig on Mon 17th Jul. Got a number of spaces so opening it up to guests so anyone interested PM me with your email address and I'll send you the info.

Armageddon

As Liam says, Barassie is cracking, played it 6 times last year and going down again in a few weeks.

Club championship qualifiers this weekend sat/sun, hopefully have a few decent rounds to boost my lead at the top!

Mine are next week. Off 7 with so many under7s in the mix, getting in the 16 for the matchplay is a hard task. You normally have a chance on 150 but often need 149. 150 would be two rounds of -1 for me so I only have to be just below SSS. The difficult things are putting two rounds together and also the concentration to stay in the hunt. You get too much time to think in golf.

I'm often in the 152 to 156 range. Not far away but with the realisation that the few shots difference is very, very difficult to bridge.

Ps. It's really just one front or back 9 I need. Just a 34 and standard fayre the rest of the way. 34 can be quite easy if relaxed and holing a few. Just let me have a good 9 please golfing gods.

Qualified 1St for champs with a combined 145 over 2 rounds. Quarter finals to get played on sunday, not the biggest fan of match play to be honest.

Before that though I've got dunbar open on Saturday. Not played it for a loooong time, since I was a junior infact, and I've been hearing very good things about its condition. Very much looking forward to it. Just need the weather gods to cooperate.

Enjoy your rounds folks.

hmfc_liam06

I have 2 medals left this month and 4 next month so hopefully all my points will be 34 or above by then.

Average points per medal:

SectionG - 36.20

hmfc_liam06 - 35.00

Irufushi - 34.77

Bigsmak - 34.50

Armageddon - 34.20

Samuel Camazzola - 33.66

StStow - 33.3

hmfc_liam06

Back in the lead come Saturday evening, and well clear by Sunday night! :lol:

No golf for me at all this weekend. Out all day Saturday so it's a hungover day with the family on Sunday.

Probably for the best, I walked off after 10 in the medal last Sunday :lol:

hmfc_liam06

I'm missing a 33pts on that. An outing played under medal conditions.

Only club comps and opens count :thumbsup:

We've no way of checking though, unless folk screenshot their SGU entries but best keeping it to official comps.

Only club comps and opens count :thumbsup:

We've no way of checking though, unless folk screenshot their SGU entries but best keeping it to official comps.

Ok.

hmfc_liam06

Ok.

Played in a couple outings with the society I run too, I'd have a 32 and 33 pointer in there but best not to include them.

My medal season starts in earnest next week anyway. I might only play the bare minimum so I guess I best make 'em decent.

hmfc_liam06

I've organised a work's golf event for Drumoig on Mon 17th Jul. Got a number of spaces so opening it up to guests so anyone interested PM me with your email address and I'll send you the info.

Sounds good but I'd be at work.

We're playing there on the 24th of June, I'll let you know what the course is like :thumbsup:

Samuel Camazzola

Average points per medal:

SectionG - 36.20

hmfc_liam06 - 35.00

Irufushi - 34.77

Bigsmak - 34.50

Armageddon - 34.20

Samuel Camazzola - 33.66

StStow - 33.3

That 24 pointer I scored at the beginning of the season is hurting my average! :(

hmfc_liam06

That 24 pointer I scored at the beginning of the season is hurting my average! :(

Plenty time to get rid of it though.

hmfc_liam06

I think I probably have more than 10 medals before this ends. I can only improve my score.

I'm averaging 3 a month, though June will be a lean month. I've got a couple scrambles, an outing and the Club Championships are on which I'm not entering.

I should play in at least another 10 before the year is out.

I'll hopefully get more played now a horrendous run of shifts has ended, playing Saturday. But if it's wet I might give it a miss and just go out earlier for the football.

Quite happy I'm playing to my handicap, but feel there's a score in there somewhere, still if I keep averaging around 36 points a medal I can't really complain

Samuel Camazzola

Championship qualifying round 2 in the rain today. A triple and double bogey scuppered a decent round.

Changed putting grip to left below right and seemed to get a more consistent stroke going. I found I could grip the putter lighter, get the face squarer at impact and got the ball rolling better with the grip adjustment.

35 points for the JKB table.

1st round qualifier today in pissing rain for the first 9, I shot +1, 70. Leading so far, so a good start.

38 points.

2nd round, level par 69, was -1 after 16 but a bogey on 17 cost me, had a decent birdie putt on 18 which wasn't far away.

39 points.

Dunbar open yesterday, struck the ball really well in some pretty serious wind. Hooked my 2nd shot slightly on the 15th and never seen it again. I'm pretty certain it rested on the walkway from the next tee so I'm suspicious someone picked it up. Maybe not, however it ruined my score. Knew I wasn't winning a prize from that point and lost interest. 32 pts converted.

Oh, and to top a wonderful day the wheel snapped of my trolley in the car park. ?450 lighter today.

Received a bye in the champ today, unfortunately my opponent wasn't able to play at the last minute. Semi final on Friday night

• Maple Leaf changed the title to Official Golf geeks gibber thread