Official Golf geeks gibber thread

Victorian

For sale. Cant get on with it. Barely seen any action. Looks brand new.

4 iron utility. KBS Tour v Stiff flex. ?100.

IMG_8791.jpg

Edited by Sten Guns

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hmfc_liam06

• Samuel Camazzola

• Irufushi

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well the team we let off the hook in the Dispatch won their 2nd round game. We 100% should have won but threw it away. The two match aggregate score foursomes format can turn a match so quickly it can make your head spin. When you look back you realise that, despite winning our tie, we're as much at fault as the pair who lost. You have to remember it's not a conventional format of only having to win. We lost touch with the score in the other game and when we got an update, they're 3 or 4 holes worse off than the last update. We would have stood a fair chance against the next team and could have been looking forward to a 3rd round tie tomorrow. The regrets can gnaw away at you.

36 birthday stableford points today.

(I know it doesn't count. But I feel left out. :( )

Solid score, happy birthday :)

For the league thingy

My Stableford medals for the year so far - 

Jan 14th    32 pts

Feb 4th     31 pts

April 1st    35 pts

April 9th   36 pts

May 6th    25 pts   (worst game for years 88 less 5!) 

May 7th    32 pts

May 13th   33 pts

May 21st - 37 pts

Edited by Bigsmak

hmfc_liam06

For the league thingy

My Stableford medals for the year so far - 

Jan 14th    32 pts

Feb 4th     31 pts

April 1st    35 pts

April 9th   36 pts

May 6th    25 pts   (worst game for years 88 less 5!) 

May 7th    32 pts

May 13th   33 pts

May 21st - 37 pts

Updated:

http://jkbgolf-com.stackstaging.com/

We're only counting scores from April 1st.

We don't actually have a finish date, so how about the 29th of October?

hmfc_liam06

Sounds good. I normally pack it up in September anyway :lol:

My last comp is the 15th October...the Champion of Champions, so no chance I'll have qualified for that :lol:

Prince Buaben

Going to Melville tomorrow for a shot of that one. 

Going to stock up on balls.. :ninja:

Playing a club outing at Edzell (Brechin) on Friday. Played it years ago. Enough years to remember diddly squat about the course. I'll probably remember a similar amount on Saturday.

I see Jamie sadlowski got a sponsor's invite this week :lol: just caught him just now and +2, hopefully show a bit more of him with the driver :wow:

36 points today in the Thursday Stableford.

That was with 3 NRs and 3 3putts, raging!!

Sare yin that!!!!

hmfc_liam06

Sare yin that!!!!

Tell me about it!

21 point back 9, actually 24 points from 9-18.

Played the 1st and 8th poorly and deserved the 0 pointers but the 7th hole was gutting. Hit a nice wedge into the green, landed short of the pin and it took a horrendous skip off the green and ended up landing out of bounds which is tight to the green.

Cyprus Jambo

1st round of the Championship Qualifer tomorrow...............hope the weather holds. Day 2 next Sunday.

paleredfox

1st round of the Championship Qualifer tomorrow...............hope the weather holds. Day 2 next Sunday.

Where about if you don't mind me asking?

Prince Buaben

Also... Im trying to get my head round the what irons are for what?

I see Jamie sadlowski got a sponsor's invite this week :lol: just caught him just now and +2, hopefully show a bit more of him with the driver :wow:

635 yard hole.

He hit driver, 5 iron.

Two putt birdie.

:lol:

hmfc_liam06

Also... Im trying to get my head round the what irons are for what?

All about finding your distance with each club. The lower the number the lesser the angle of the club, the lesser the angle the further the distance.

Edzell was superb. A challenging but fair and playable course. Lots of fairway bunkers you need to plot around and some tight in out of bounds areas. Big greens with lots of run offs. A great blend of 3s, 5s, long and shorter 4s. 81-7=74 which was T1 in the gross and T3 in the nett. A few daft shots shipped but holed a few longish putts.

Edited by Victorian

37 points today with an NR, 2 lost balls on the same hole. Still it'll be 0.2 off, so not all bad. Greens were ridiculously slow, think greenkeeper has been scared to cut them with the nice 2 days we had, absolute joke that we get great conditions for once and the greens were poor

Went out in 38 on Saturday. Which equated to 20 stableford points.

Started the back 9 with a 4,5,4....... but 13th hole onwards complete and utter meltdown. Totally blew up the final 6 holes because I knew I was on a score, kept wonder how much I could get cut. Went mega defensive and cagey just trying to close out without errors. Big mistake.

Ended up going up 0.1 with an NR.

Golf is such a head **** man. :lol:

I shot 70, (level par) away at Forres today, and I'm still disappointed with my round, was -2 with 3 to play. Missed 3 and 5 footers on 16 and 18 for par. Hit good putts, rolled nicely but both burned the edge.

Should hopefully be off a 3 handicap now though :)

40 points.

81 today. Would have matched my PB if I didn't take 3 shots to get out of a bunker.

21 putts on the front 9 also didn't do me any favours. :facepalm:

hmfc_liam06

Started the back 9 with a 4,5,4....... but 13th hole onwards complete and utter meltdown. Totally blew up the final 6 holes because I knew I was on a score, kept wonder how much I could get cut. Went mega defensive and cagey just trying to close out without errors. Big mistake.

Tell me about it! I went out in +7 and knew if I got round the back 9 with bogey golf I'd be in for a big cut. Went totally conservative and kept putting myself into danger, should have just approached it in the same manner as I had on the front 9.

Got a total stroke of luck on 16. It's a blind tee shot, massive slice, hit a tree! Luckily for me, the group on 18 saw it and pointed it out to me, it was in a place I'd have never thought about looking!

81 today. Would have matched my PB if I didn't take 3 shots to get out of a bunker.

21 putts on the front 9 also didn't do me any favours. :facepalm:

For some perspective...... Lee Westwood had 23 putts in his round yesterday.

Sorry. :lol:

Finally, a cut!!

Net 63 CSS 67 so looking at a 1.6 cut.

Equates to 41 points.

Good shooting, about time, you were due it.

I'm playing around my handicap every time I play a medal round, but feel there's a score there. Just the few stupid mistakes every time.

Don't think this'll be your last cut of the year, just play one hole at a time, and forget about how you're doing and you've a good chance.

Just play one hole at a time, forget what has went before and what is still to come

hmfc_liam06

Good shooting, about time, you were due it.

I'm playing around my handicap every time I play a medal round, but feel there's a score there. Just the few stupid mistakes every time.

Don't think this'll be your last cut of the year, just play one hole at a time, and forget about how you're doing and you've a good chance.

Cheers mate. I've had 4 buffer zones in a row and like you felt something was coming but daft mistakes prevented it.

Good advice as well, I think because I've been so close but not quite putting it together it played on my mind on the back 9. Hopefully now I can settle down a bit in rounds knowing the monkey is off my back.

Cheers mate. I've had 4 buffer zones in a row and like you felt something was coming but daft mistakes prevented it.

Good advice as well, I think because I've been so close but not quite putting it together it played on my mind on the back 9. Hopefully now I can settle down a bit in rounds knowing the monkey is off my back.

Don't think about it, sounds stupid, but it really should only be one shot at a time.

Next shot is the most important shot.

hmfc_liam06

Don't think about it, sounds stupid, but it really should only be one shot at a time.

Next shot is the most important shot.

Yeah definitely, you boys have been at this a fair bit longer than me so cheers for the advice :thumbsup:

4 rds in 3 days.

28,30,32 points round hirsel.

36 round Eyemouth tonight in the qualifier.

Wide variety of shite been played this weekend ha

Edited by StSow

Yeah definitely, you boys have been at this a fair bit longer than me so cheers for the advice :thumbsup:

Guilty of it myself today, getting all jittery at being -2 a few holes left. ****ed it :lol:

Guilty of it myself today, getting all jittery at being -2 a few holes left. ****ed it :lol:

The way you're playing at the moment, didn't expect that. What you've done before shouldn't influence the next hole. Once the scores on the card, it's recorded.

Move on to the next and forget about that

The way you're playing at the moment, didn't expect that. What you've done before shouldn't influence the next hole. Once the scores on the card, it's recorded.

Move on to the next and forget about that

Aye, it's all part of the learning curve, learn from it. I'm striking it really well just now, the irons I bought off Armageddon have been a tremendous purchase. Putting slightly better recently using a line on my ball has helped massively.

Aye, it's all part of the learning curve, learn from it. I'm striking it really well just now, the irons I bought off Armageddon have been a tremendous purchase. Putting slightly better recently using a line on my ball has helped massively.

Aye, you're probably playing the best golf on here, keep it up

hmfc_liam06

Aye, you're probably playing the best golf on here, keep it up

I agree, I can only dream of those scores. I'd ride the 18th cup for a 79 :lol:

• Maple Leaf changed the title to Official Golf geeks gibber thread