• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hmfc_liam06

• Samuel Camazzola

• Irufushi

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A wee further update on Haddington GC if anyone is interested:The professional taking over from John Sandilands is Scott Thomson - previously assistant at Balbirnie Park and Kirkcaldy as well as a spell at Dukes and St Andrews. Teaching post with John Jacobs in Hong Kong and more recently teaching in USA with a company called Golf Made Simple as worked with them in Spain.Pro Shop will be extended by using the Club Managers exsisting office.Course:Captain says it is probably as good as it has ever been for this time of year.Winter course plan: 2nd medal tee - increased in size and will be ready for start of season. New bunker on 17th is now in play. On-going are the bunkers at 10 and 16 filled in. New enlarged tee at 11th will be built. New view point on 7th is finished.Anyone interested in joining just let me know.

Sounds promising (y)

Hopefully all goes well. I'll be sure to enter the spring open again this year.

Winter league today. Some truly terrible iron play.

Two 2s (one a 60 yard pitch in) and another 2 birdies kept the team mates happy though.

Roll on summer golf

Going to enter a 3 day open at hirsel gc in Coldstream. Nice wee course with some big prizes on the go. Starts 26th may and spaces are going sharpish according to brs

Going to enter a 3 day open at hirsel gc in Coldstream. Nice wee course with some big prizes on the go. Starts 26th may and spaces are going sharpish according to brs

Saw that, looks good but too much of a trek. We're going down for a weekend in August though.

Went to the range last weekend - swing goosed again after a few more months of no playing.

Every year. :sob:

It took me until July to get my swing back last year.

Played Prestonfield this morning, really foggy start with the sun breaking through.

The 3rd hole, par 5, visibility was around 80 yards! Not just putting a lot of faith in my swing, but also the group behind to wait a sensible amount of time. Bogeyed it and didn't lose a ball so was fairly happy with that!

Fog started to disappear when I was on the 4th so the rest of the round was fine.

7 pars in winter golf I'm happy with, ending up shooting an 84.

372697325e.jpg

37269baa8a.jpg

3726a75701.jpg

Wow that first pic is incredible Kila :thumbsup:

Think it's time to go back to the pro, really struggling again off the tee. In fact, my whole game needs a shake, last 4 rounds have been all over the place. Swing feels all wrong.

Round 7 of winter league today

Played decent in spells but there's a lot of rubbish still in there too. Team played well and won the round so another ?40 into the last round drink kitty.

Muirfield on Tuesday. Can't wait

• 2 weeks later...
Samuel Camazzola

Phoenix Open has started today. One of my favourite tournaments to watch as it falls on SuperBowl weekend and the crowds are massive. The 16th is something else with the stands surrounding the entire hole from tee to green.

Bubba playing with a pink ball now that he's switched from a ProV1 to Volvik!

Phoenix Open has started today. One of my favourite tournaments to watch as it falls on SuperBowl weekend and the crowds are massive. The 16th is something else with the stands surrounding the entire hole from tee to green.

Bubba playing with a pink ball now that he's switched from a ProV1 to Volvik!

Did you see Mark Wahlberg's shank there at the Pro-Am?

Guys,

thinking of organising a work's office outing for all our offices accross Scotland. Does anyone have a recommendation for one that is central for all..............was thinking somewhere just South of Dundee might be best but don't know courses out that way.

Looking for golf and 2-3 course meal afterwards for around ?60 for hopefully around 50 golfers.

Anyone had experience of organising a large outing like this? My only concern at the moment is those who play but no handicap, claim 28 (was thinking of having a 24 max) handicap then score 50 points.

Cheers

Samuel Camazzola

Guys,thinking of organising a work's office outing for all our offices accross Scotland. Does anyone have a recommendation for one that is central for all..............was thinking somewhere just South of Dundee might be best but don't know courses out that way.Looking for golf and 2-3 course meal afterwards for around ?60 for hopefully around 50 golfers.Anyone had experience of organising a large outing like this? My only concern at the moment is those who play but no handicap, claim 28 (was thinking of having a 24 max) handicap then score 50 points.Cheers

For just south of Dundee, look up Drumoig They cater for what you are after. For anyone looking to stay, they have a hotel. Not far from Leuchars too for a train link.

Guys, thinking of organising a work's office outing for all our offices accross Scotland. Does anyone have a recommendation for one that is central for all..............was thinking somewhere just South of Dundee might be best but don't know courses out that way. Looking for golf and 2-3 course meal afterwards for around ?60 for hopefully around 50 golfers. Anyone had experience of organising a large outing like this? My only concern at the moment is those who play but no handicap, claim 28 (was thinking of having a 24 max) handicap then score 50 points. Cheers

Another shout for Drumoig.

You'll get what you need and more for ?60pp. We are going there in June, a Saturday, and it's less that ?40pp for bacon rolls, round and a 1 course meal.

It's a tough one with those who don't have a handicap. In my society we usually stipulate newcomers can't win the main prize on their first outing but with this being a one off it's a bit more difficult.

Thanks for Drumoig guys - have actually had a work's one there (just my office not the region). Did really enjoy it so might think about going again.

Of the Kinross to play The Bruce on 20th although maybe 2 south for those in Inverness/Aberdeen.

Thanks for Drumoig guys - have actually had a work's one there (just my office not the region). Did really enjoy it so might think about going again. Of the Kinross to play The Bruce on 20th although maybe 2 south for those in Inverness/Aberdeen.

What about Piperdam?

Samuel Camazzola

A bit further south but still in Fife, Balbirnie Park in Markinch would likely do a fairly priced package for a bit outing. You'd want to play it from April onwards though due to it being a parkland. It can get a bit soft when weather is like this.

Guys, thinking of organising a work's office outing for all our offices accross Scotland. Does anyone have a recommendation for one that is central for all..............was thinking somewhere just South of Dundee might be best but don't know courses out that way. Looking for golf and 2-3 course meal afterwards for around ?60 for hopefully around 50 golfers. Anyone had experience of organising a large outing like this? My only concern at the moment is those who play but no handicap, claim 28 (was thinking of having a 24 max) handicap then score 50 points. Cheers

Ladybank would be a good shout.You would get a deal for these numbers

Medal tomorrow. My first game for a couple weeks due to the birth of my daughter.

Curious to see if the less golf actually helps. :lol:

Medal tomorrow. My first game for a couple weeks due to the birth of my daughter.

Curious to see if the less golf actually helps. [emoji38]

Congratulations on the birth of your daughter [emoji106] enjoy the golf!

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Went out 2 over par.

Finished 12 over.

Tiredness / lack of sleep got to me. That's my excuse. Haha. Four 3 putts and one 4 putt on the back 9. Plus a 3 off the tee. :lol:

Curious to see if the less golf actually helps. :lol:

Get used to less golf then

Get used to less golf then

I've played MORE golf since the birth of my daughter. Granted it's basically all I do, don't really go out much or anything but manage 2 or sometimes 3 rounds a week during the summer months.

Monday night, Friday night and at the weekend.

Or one night thru the week and 36 at the weekend.

I've played MORE golf since the birth of my daughter. Granted it's basically all I do, don't really go out much or anything but manage 2 or sometimes 3 rounds a week during the summer months.

Monday night, Friday night and at the weekend.

Or one night thru the week and 36 at the weekend.

Pretty much the same, daughter was born in January last year, played more last year than previous years, managed to chop 2 shots off the handicap too!

3 comps a week, weds/sat/sun. Not one for practice rounds.

Pretty much the same, daughter was born in January last year, played more last year than previous years, managed to chop 2 shots off the handicap too!

3 comps a week, weds/sat/sun. Not one for practice rounds.

I can't get to the midweek competitions as they fall on a Tues/Thurs and the Mrs works backshift but I'll get a bounce round on Mon/Fri.

At the weekends if we're doing something in the afternoon I'll go for a round early doors and vice versa.

Golf is my release, you definitely need something to "escape" :lol:

Some truly rotten golf on display this morning,

Nr'd after losing a ball due to thinning it into a bridge, and the ball bouncing into a feild. Haha

That's the clubs away under the stairs for two weeks...

Some truly rotten golf on display this morning,

Nr'd after losing a ball due to thinning it into a bridge, and the ball bouncing into a feild. Haha

That's the clubs away under the stairs for two weeks...

Shame.

:pleasing:

Played the Kittocks St Andrews at the weekend, weather was grand but soaking under foot. Played not too bad, putting was outstanding but nothing dropped :(. lost 3 balls over the wall down to the sea ... still a great spot to play golf.

Played the Kittocks St Andrews at the weekend, weather was grand but soaking under foot. Played not too bad, putting was outstanding but nothing dropped :(. lost 3 balls over the wall down to the sea ... still a great spot to play golf.

I ****ing hate the Kittocks :lol:

Not the utterly ridiculous 4th?

Hahah tha same 4th that winds me up for the first 8 holes ... worst hole in golf. They should shorten it.

I love the 7th, great driving hole, cracking wooden backed bunkers and a sweet second shot in with great views over then sea!

Hahah tha same 4th that winds me up for the first 8 holes ... worst hole in golf. They should shorten it.

I love the 7th, great driving hole, cracking wooden backed bunkers and a sweet second shot in with great views over then sea!

Trying to recall the 7th...to be honest, I was so so bad that day that the entire course has pretty much been erased from memory!

Samuel Camazzola

Trying to recall the 7th...to be honest, I was so so bad that day that the entire course has pretty much been erased from memory!

After 4th, par 5 5th and par 3 6th shooting towards St Andrews. 7th plays downhill with a drop to the rocks on the left. A couple of deep fairway bunkers with sleepers built into the face. It's about 400 yards and I managed to drive it last year!

The 15th is a cracking hole too. Aim your drive towards the clubhouse then the fairway sweeps around to the right. Approach shot is downhill with picturesque setting of the Forth as a backdrop.

Played golf Las Americas when I was a kid Liam, it was top notch from what I remember, the club house is some size, I googled for other courses as I'm sure we played another course when we went, none are ringing any bells though.

Las Americas holds a lpga event I think. I'm out the week before you I seem to remember, I may play a round but not keen on taking my clubs, and I'd imagine hiring them ain't cheap.

Played golf Las Americas when I was a kid Liam, it was top notch from what I remember, the club house is some size, I googled for other courses as I'm sure we played another course when we went, none are ringing any bells though.

Las Americas holds a lpga event I think. I'm out the week before you I seem to remember, I may play a round but not keen on taking my clubs, and I'd imagine hiring them ain't cheap.

I definitely won't be taking my clubs. From what I've seen, club hire is anywhere between 20 and 40 euros.

Golf del Sur was the course I was looking at the most. It has 3 9 hole courses. Might be ideal just playing one of the courses, particularly if I'm flying solo!

Samuel Camazzola

I was out near Golf Del Sur last November although I didn't play. The two courses there looked cracking. I walked around a few of the holes, one of which played along the coast with crashing waves into the rocks. A few holes had black volcanic sand for bunkers.

I stayed at the San Blas Reserve which wasn't far away.

Years ago, I stayed in the Green Golf apartments in Las Americas. The course there surrounded the complex and looked decent. A bit flat IIRC.

I was out near Golf Del Sur last November although I didn't play. The two courses there looked cracking. I walked around a few of the holes, one of which played along the coast with crashing waves into the rocks. A few holes had black volcanic sand for bunkers.

I stayed at the San Blas Reserve which wasn't far away.

Years ago, I stayed in the Green Golf apartments in Las Americas. The course there surrounded the complex and looked decent. A bit flat IIRC.

Golf Del Sur looks to be the winner - 59 Euro for 18 holes (2x9's) and club hire is 26 Euro.

Courses look amazing.

Samuel Camazzola

Golf Del Sur looks to be the winner - 59 Euro for 18 holes (2x9's) and club hire is 26 Euro.

Courses look amazing.

Amarilla was the name of one of the courses I walked around.

• Maple Leaf changed the title to Official Golf geeks gibber thread