Official Golf geeks gibber thread

Victorian

Could we do it that we count scores submitted on How Did I Do? I don't mind compiling them. Pity there wasn't a league that can be set up on HDID ... maybe there is.

• Replies 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hmfc_liam06

• Samuel Camazzola

• Irufushi

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It was the same irons, local range had a second hand set for ?280 so I just took them. They were in amazing condition, barely looked used.

I'd be up for a wee league table for the banter. How would we work it though? Some guys might not play as regular as others? Best 10 scores or an average over the season? Something like that?

Sold them to a mate of a mate for ?250 ... I've now no irons and a game at Archerfield on the 27th Dec, played myself into a corner here!!! I won't be telling the wife what I think I'm going to do as she will absolutely kill me.

Sold them to a mate of a mate for ?250 ... I've now no irons and a game at Archerfield on the 27th Dec, played myself into a corner here!!! I won't be telling the wife what I think I'm going to do as she will absolutely kill me.

Nice one, they've got an absolute bargain there!

What irons you planning Armageddon? Also what's your handicap?

Haven't a clue ... I'm off 9 with an addiction to buying golf gear! Started the season at 13 so it's been decent. Settled with my Scotty Fastback putter, SM5 wedges 52, 56, 60. 915 D3 driver, 915F wood and 816H Hybrid ... now the iron game. Bought the 714 AP1's 12 months ago this week, then bought the 716 AP2's (yours!) only a few months back and only hit them at the range, 9 iron hit a full 50 balls and that's been the most!. Why why why (was her words, and mine!) but now I plan to go to the TPEGS at Archerfield and get fitted for the best suiting iron for my swing, they'll have a few brands on offer early next year. My mates a pro and can get me some decent deals.

You'll hear the scream if I'm matched with AP2's :). I love Speith and wanted what he had.

Samuel Camazzola

Could we do it that we count scores submitted on How Did I Do? I don't mind compiling them. Pity there wasn't a league that can be set up on HDID ... maybe there is.

That sounds good. The small problem will likely be that someone's club will not use How Did I Do. I know Liberton and Swanston are two that use an alternative.

:rofl: that is some addiction :rofl:

Edit, got a set of mp62's for sale here :look:

Bargain ?150

And we both know about the ****** up with your 716 wedge, yip I've 714 AP2's in the club locker :). If she finds out about them she'll divorce me, I use them for golfing abroad, no worrying when playing blootered!!

That's the 714 wedge in the photo, still immaculate!! Need to swap it over for the correct one for you.

2017 is the year of buying NO golf gear AND getting cut to 5 or 6. Although I fancy new shoes and a Bushnell.

post-737-0-58577700-1481756986_thumb.jpg

Canna wait to get my hands on these bad boys. Not played in over a month, at Castle Stuart that was. I'll be hitting the course when I get them. A rarity for me in the winter!

Canna wait to get my hands on these bad boys. Not played in over a month, at Castle Stuart that was. I'll be hitting the course when I get them. A rarity for me in the winter!

I've played more this winter than I ever have, trying to get out once a week still.

Really want to get the handicap down so want to hit the ground running next April.

Anyone taking part in the Golf in Scotland US Masters this year? We're putting a team in for the first time.

First course announced earlier - Cruden Bay. Can't wait to play it.

Walter Bishop

Looking for a Xmas present for a family member who has just started playing again after a long time , wanting to get a round booked at a decent course. Current favourite is centenary course at Gleneagles, anyone recommend somewhere else?

Looking for a Xmas present for a family member who has just started playing again after a long time , wanting to get a round booked at a decent course. Current favourite is centenary course at Gleneagles, anyone recommend somewhere else?

Trump Aberdeen

What is his ability like? PGA Centenary won't be all too enjoyable if he's not very good having taken the game back up. It's also the poorest of the 3 Gleneagles courses, certainly from opinion of those I know who've played all 3.

Played it twice over a weekend in March - it's spectacular stuff, an absolute must. It's brutal though!!

Yup, 2nd most enjoyable course I've played.

Playing Muirfield next month so that could change

Samuel Camazzola

Kingsbarns.

Walter Bishop

Cheers for the suggestions guys but looking for something maybe a level below the courses mentioned?(I mentioned the centenary at gleneagles as it was recommended to me as not being terribly difficult?)

Edited by Walter Bishop

Cheers for the suggestions guys but looking for something maybe a level below the courses mentioned?(I mentioned the centenary at gleneagles as it was recommended to me as not being terribly difficult?)

Queens is the easiest I believe.

What's your price range?

Walter Bishop

What's your price range?

Don't really have a price limit, was more the level of course I was thinking about. Though i suppose shelling out a fortune for it not to be enjoyable might not be the brightest idea!

Blairgowrie - could play both courses

St Andrews Jubilee course

Dundonald Links - going to be hosting the Scottish Open

Gailes Links

Luffness

If you wanted to make a weekend of it then a trip to Machrihanish or up north to Moray.

JamboCampbell

Gullane 2 only ?50 odd just now! Not too bad difficulty wise.

Yup, 2nd most enjoyable course I've played.

Playing Muirfield next month so that could change

I had an unbelievable experience there, we had the course to ourselves and the weather was perfect.  Shot an 82 with 4 double bogeys and was in 7 bunkers.  Some spectacular holes, it's not hugley hilly but the slopes and run offs are something else.  Magical. 

Kingsbarns.

One of the best, the setting is hard to beat and the whole experience is near perfect.  The par 3 15th is class and then 3, 9, 12 and 16 are beasts! 

What's your price range?

I hit a 350 yard drive here the last time i played.  Yip, the frost was unreal and they still put us out on the course!!

Blairgowrie - could play both courses

St Andrews Jubilee course

Dundonald Links - going to be hosting the Scottish Open

Gailes Links

Luffness

If you wanted to make a weekend of it then a trip to Machrihanish or up north to Moray.

Dundonald is a cracker, although needs work for the Scottish Open.  The car park and clubhouse are surprising for such a great course.

Gullane 3 is reasonably priced, not long but maintains the same standard as #1 and #2.

Playing there again on the 28th, good test and nice and short.  Archerfield on the 27th, Gullane 3 on the 28th and Renaissance on the 29th.

I better go and buy some irons!!!

Edited by Armageddon

Gullane 2 only ?50 odd just now! Not too bad difficulty wise.

Interesting...was playing with a mate on Sat and mentioned we were thinking of going to play it during xmas and new year. His advice was for us not too, said it is tight and a ball in the rough is a goner.

Going to Longniddry and Dalmahoy next Wednesday and Thursday if the weather is good. ?90 a fourball for Longniddry and ?15 a head for Dalmahoy East.

Got my new irons today, so looking to sell my mizuno irons. Had these for 6 odd years, well looked after, it's a 3-pw set mp-62's, S300 dynamic gold stiff shafts, Mid size tour wrap grips, around a year old. Usual wear and tear, 8 iron has a small stone chip on its sole, apart from that no other chips.post-29409-14824997701754_thumb.jpgpost-29409-14824997810407_thumb.jpgpost-29409-14824997884504_thumb.jpgpost-29409-1482499795094_thumb.jpgpost-29409-1482499799656_thumb.jpg

Around ?150, if anyone is interested.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Edited by Irufushi

Got my new irons today, so looking to sell my mizuno irons. Had these for 6 odd years, well looked after, it's a 3-pw set mp-62's, S300 dynamic gold stiff shafts, Mid size tour wrap grips, around a year old. Usual wear and tear, 8 iron has a small stone chip on its sole, apart from that no other chips. DSC_0149.JPG DSC_0148.JPG DSC_0147.JPG DSC_0146.JPG DSC_0145.JPG

Around ?150, if anyone is interested.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Just to add to this!! I sold Irufushi his new irons and he was absolutely sound to deal with, no issues, so buy these with confidence!!

PS: I've still got a Titleist 915 Hybrid for sale!!!

Finally got my first eagle at Longniddry after joining 10 months ago.

:jjyay:

There's no par 5's hence taking so long. :lol:

Felt good man.

Just to add to this!! I sold Irufushi his new irons and he was absolutely sound to deal with, no issues, so buy these with confidence!!

PS: I've still got a Titleist 915 Hybrid for sale!!!

What we talking for the hybrid?

I'll take ?60 since it's you!

Liam, that's a deal and a half. Club doesn't suit my game, so I'm out. But it's an unbelievable deal for anyone interested in such a club

I'll take ?60 since it's you!

:thumbsup:

It's regular yeah? I'm meant to be over Edinburgh Wed or Thur for a round so I could pop by then? No rush if you can't, I'll definitely take it.

:thumbsup:

It's regular yeah? I'm meant to be over Edinburgh Wed or Thur for a round so I could pop by then? No rush if you can't, I'll definitely take it.

I'm playing at Archerfield inn 28th and Gullane on 29th if that helps.

I'm playing at Archerfield inn 28th and Gullane on 29th if that helps.

Well I was planning on Longniddry if I can get a tee time so that's ideal! More than likely be the 29th so will be juat next door!

Well I was planning on Longniddry if I can get a tee time so that's ideal! More than likely be the 29th so will be juat next door!

You ok with the same 10% deal as Irufushi? Any winnings with any club, you need to send over 10% :)

I've PM'd you, hopefully catch you over the next few days.

Pairs winter open round Eyemouth in the morning. Not even thought about swinging a club the past couple of weeks so could be interesting. Decent forecast though

What fairway woods do you all have? Looking at getting myself a new one as the one I have is old and battered and I feel I've not spent enough this month  :lol:

Looking at a Titleist 915F, Callaway Great Big Bertha or a Mizuno JPX850.

What fairway woods do you all have? Looking at getting myself a new one as the one I have is old and battered and I feel I've not spent enough this month :lol:

Titleist 915f

Barely use it though. Have thought about getting a stronger rescue and a 2 iron for some time now

What fairway woods do you all have? Looking at getting myself a new one as the one I have is old and battered and I feel I've not spent enough this month :lol:

Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 816.

16 degree version. The 14 goes far too close to my driver. :lol:

Love it. My go to club when driver isn't behaving.

Can pick them up cheap on eBay. Just cleaning the clubs the now actually. Pretty happy with everything, but if I could make one change it would be to switch my 4 iron for a 23/24 degree utility iron, or even swap it for the 716 AP1 version.

mPsalx7.jpg

Titleist 915f

Barely use it though. Have thought about getting a stronger rescue and a 2 iron for some time now

Just bought the 915F from the local range, new for ?100.

Question - did yours come with a tool? They are saying the 3 wood doesn't.

• Maple Leaf changed the title to Official Golf geeks gibber thread