Official Golf geeks gibber thread

Victorian

Samuel Camazzola

Would have been good to have seen him in competitive action again this month to gain some momentum.

If he avoids injuries, he'll pick up a title or two next year.

• Replies 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hmfc_liam06

• Samuel Camazzola

• Irufushi

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone know of any places that have a floodlit short game area and/or putting green?

My mate has one in his garden :)

EDIT: I've been using it during the day when he's out at work - my putting is still shite, although he's putting like an absolute boss. Worth the ?3k going on the 8 weeks evidence.

Edited by Armageddon

Anyone know of any places that have a floodlit short game area and/or putting green?

There's an indoor golf place in Glasgow, the short game area is class, putting green is unbelievably fast though

Anybody interest in a Titleist 915H #3 (21 degree hybrid with Diamana Red regular shaft).  Golfclubsforcash in Edinburgh have 2 for ?109 and ?119 and this is in much better condition.  

A JKB member can have it for ?80.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Gents - you're brutal.  I'd take ?70 from a jambo for this.

Any course recommendations chaps? Looking for something this weekend, no mats or winter greens!

St Andrews Bay - it's to be nice there this weekend.  It's ?30 a round at the weekends on either course and in very good condition.

(Not forgotten about these irons).

Played Uphall today...better remember my hard hat next time :lol:

Whoever designed it, miss counted, finished then realised he only had 17 holes. Then squeezed another one in, the second. It shares the 1st fairway and 15th green. He just built a tee an called it a hole

Edited by SectionG

Whoever designed it, miss counted, finished then realised he only had 17 holes. Then squeezed another one in, the second. It shares the 1st fairway and 15th green. He just built a tee an called it a hole

Spot on.

I enjoyed it like but the 2nd, 7th and 8th just didn't feel like they belonged. Also felt like they have the finish all wrong. The little par 3 beside the clubhouse should be the 18th.

Can't grumble, rare to find a parkland course on full greens and no mats.

Spot on.

I enjoyed it like but the 2nd, 7th and 8th just didn't feel like they belonged. Also felt like they have the finish all wrong. The little par 3 beside the clubhouse should be the 18th.

Can't grumble, rare to find a parkland course on full greens and no mats.

What about that strange ditch around the 14th green, before you cross the road again, it's one of the strangest things I've seen on a course too

What about that strange ditch around the 14th green, before you cross the road again, it's one of the strangest things I've seen on a course too

We thought it was a moat like bunker which would have been pretty cool but yeah, a ditch :lol:

We thought it was a moat like bunker which would have been pretty cool but yeah, a ditch :lol:

Just sent you a PM about the irons. Yours if you want them!

Played to my hcap this morning, 5 birdies and 7 bogeys. Putted like a dick.

Greens are excellent just now, quite pacey so getting on the wrong side of the hole is in your head. Unusual for winter golf

Gents - since I'm shit hot at selling stuff on here and you guys can see a deal when it's displayed in front of you (cough) ...

Anybody fancy some Titleist AP2 716 irons, the shafts are True Temper S300 stiff shafts - immaculate condition (they're not been cleaned in the photo and still look immaculate) - American Golf have them reduced to ?700 at the moment.

Any serious offers?

v2wl7s.jpg

Gents - since I'm shit hot at selling stuff on here and you guys can see a deal when it's displayed in front of you (cough) ...

Anybody fancy some Titleist AP2 716 irons, the shafts are True Temper S300 stiff shafts - immaculate condition (they're not been cleaned in the photo and still look immaculate) - American Golf have them reduced to ?700 at the moment.

Any serious offers?

v2wl7s.jpg

How much.

Sten - talk to me about these baws - any good?

Not mine mate! Was my playing partner. He's off 2 and if it's good enough for him I'm guessing it's decent?!

They look crazy when they spin on the green out of a bunker. :lol:

I like to draw a line on my ball for putting, which is why I've never tried using one of those Truvis fellys.

I used the Srixon Z Star last season, committed to 2 boxes (or should I say I was given 2 boxes!) I love a solid straight line for putting but hear the football markings make the ball look bigger - or am I being fed duff info?

2017 will be back to the ProV1x I think.

Samuel Camazzola

I used the Srixon Z Star last season, committed to 2 boxes (or should I say I was given 2 boxes!) I love a solid straight line for putting but hear the football markings make the ball look bigger - or am I being fed duff info?

Before you revert to a ProV1, have a shot with a Vice Pro. They are only sold directly through their site and are a lot cheaper. The more you buy, more the price per ball drops. I went halves with a mate to get 30 each. Cost just over ?50 each. A dozen ProV1's can cost ?40ish.

I'd lose 2 boxes in a month :lol:

Before you revert to a ProV1, have a shot with a Vice Pro. They are only sold directly through their site and are a lot cheaper. The more you buy, more the price per ball drops. I went halves with a mate to get 30 each. Cost just over ?50 each. A dozen ProV1's can cost ?40ish.

I've seen them advertised and my mate found one at Dundonald Links when we played a few weeks back.  You liking them aye?

The Nike RZN platinum that Rory uses is only ?24.99 a dozen just now.

They were ?40 like Pro V's but you can pick them up cheap now Nike are exiting the hardware side of things.

2 boxes are ?45 at American Golf.

?22.50 a dozen for premium balls seems reasonable?

Edited by Sten Guns

Not with your new clubs you wont!!!  Although mine would have went further, higher and straighter ;)

I have to say, I'm really impressed with the ball flight with these irons, night and day to what I had previously.

Samuel Camazzola

I've seen them advertised and my mate found one at Dundonald Links when we played a few weeks back. You liking them aye?

Yeah, they are good quality and the price is a bonus. I've seen lake balls at a higher price on some sites.

Not sure if they make the ball look bigger, they are certainly advertised for that but I'm not convinced. They do look great when chipping and putting though. Winter ball though and I will also be returning to pro v1x start of the season.

I got a great deal the past couple years for them. Sure it was ?110 for 4 dozen from scottsdale golf, which has ran around easter time, however you had to get them personalised. Two simple initials doesn't look to wanky though.

Pro v1 x, only ball I use. Actually used to use those tour balls that Wilson staff took out a few years ago, tg tour or something. They were decent.

I have to say, I'm really impressed with the ball flight with these irons, night and day to what I had previously.

They're designed to fly high to drop onto the green and stop from a steeper angle.

I've still got mine for sale if anybody wan;ts them for ?275!!!  Yet another deal of the decade ...

Is there a way we could have a JKB league table for next golf season?  If you play in a medal then you convert that score to stableford points and whoever is top after submitting 6 scores wins?

What irons did you purchase!? I'm in the process of buying Armageddons AP2 716 irons. Christmas cancelled in my house :lol:

What irons did you purchase!? I'm in the process of buying Armageddons AP2 716 irons. Christmas cancelled in my house :lol:

He bought AP1 714's.  Meant to buy my AP1's but his Mrs was a little impatient and bought them from elsewhere!!

Could you PM me your number please so I can text you with an update once I get this wedge changed for you.  Just conscious that posting something at this time of year also isn't ideal, the Parcel Force guys down here won't be as poop hot as they are up North!

It was the same irons, local range had a second hand set for ?280 so I just took them. They were in amazing condition, barely looked used.

I'd be up for a wee league table for the banter. How would we work it though? Some guys might not play as regular as others? Best 10 scores or an average over the season? Something like that?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Balls, I am a short driver. Partly spin. Partly slow swing. Any recommendations for a decent ball? I don't actually mind paying high i don't lose too much

• Maple Leaf changed the title to Official Golf geeks gibber thread