Top Posters In This Topic

• hmfc_liam06

• Samuel Camazzola

• Irufushi

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Samuel Camazzola

I'm not sure where that is...do you know the way?

:lol:

Once I typed it, I anticipated a response like this then thought "surely not on the golf thread." How wrong! Ha ha

After 4th, par 5 5th and par 3 6th shooting towards St Andrews. 7th plays downhill with a drop to the rocks on the left. A couple of deep fairway bunkers with sleepers built into the face. It's about 400 yards and I managed to drive it last year!

The 15th is a cracking hole too. Aim your drive towards the clubhouse then the fairway sweeps around to the right. Approach shot is downhill with picturesque setting of the Forth as a backdrop.

You're right!  That second shot is class, I said to my mate that this would be the best back garden set up!

I'm not sure where that is...do you know the way?

:lol:

Brutally funny!

Morning all, managed to buy myself a taylormade r1 driver last night for ?60. Had been looking to replace my driver for a while. Anyone familiar with the r1 let me know what it's like to use.

Scottish Golf Show tickets are on sale now - ?16 and 3 free rounds of golf. Some good course although a few will cost ?10.

Got my 3 rounds when I signed up to the magazine. Tempted to get tickets for this and get a further 3.

Really enjoyed the three rounds I got last year (Pitreavie, Murrayshall and Glenisla) and totally lucked out with the weather.

Well worth doing even if the trip to Glasgow is a pain in the arse.

Samuel Camazzola

Really enjoyed the three rounds I got last year (Pitreavie, Murrayshall and Glenisla) and totally lucked out with the weather.

Well worth doing even if the trip to Glasgow is a pain in the arse.

Yeah, it was handy when it was held at Ingliston. Got the three rounds through Bunkered so may settle with them for this year.

Nice!

Just bought the same wedges, second hand though. ?60 a piece.

Luckily I had a voucher to use, so it took the sting off the price a bit! Absolutely love the weight of them, my clevlands were a bit too light for my liking.

Luckily I had a voucher to use, so it took the sting off the price a bit! Absolutely love the weight of them, my clevlands were a bit too light for my liking.

Always helps! My bag is pretty much complete now for the year. Would love an electric trolley but can't justify the spend on one.

Always helps! My bag is pretty much complete now for the year. Would love an electric trolley but can't justify the spend on one.

I added a new Trolley last season, think it'll be new Driver and Fairway wood for this year, going to book a fitting with Scott Gourlay, never been fitted for a driver/woods before, so be nice to see if I'm missing out on anything with my current woods.

Only started using a trolley in the last couple of seasons, still have a pencil bag if I fancy a quick round and just take a half set. Electric trolleys seem too big and a bit of a faff to me tbh.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

John mcCartney

picked up one of em new f grind vokey`s recently... 52 deg,12 deg bounce satin finished job with red IDmic grip and good price over at
golf clubs for cash at loanhead/straiton way as part of a trade in.......hardly used it yet but getting a very good feeling with this one.
for me its nice and weighty and can play it no prob around the greens with that kind of loft...... superb club

Thinking of getting measured for a 3 wood, im 6/2 would it be better buying Taylor made off the shelf.

Thoughts, got 200 to spend.

I'm 6'3 and wouldn't say you needed a longer 3 wood. Imo.

Samuel Camazzola

Thinking of getting measured for a 3 wood, im 6/2 would it be better buying Taylor made off the shelf.

Thoughts, got 200 to spend.

To me, getting the correct club shaft is the most important thing. Get a fitting done! Although, the one off the shelf may be the ideal length, it will likely be the wrong type for your swing. If you're willing to spend around ?200, definitely get a fitting.

Found something that roughly resembled a golf swing today. Level par and should have been better. 2 weeks off done me good

It does help sometimes.

At the moment I'm finding that I'm having 3 or 4 low to mid 80 rounds and then sticking in a horror show. Hopefully get that average up a bit more during the year.

It does help sometimes.

At the moment I'm finding that I'm having 3 or 4 low to mid 80 rounds and then sticking in a horror show. Hopefully get that average up a bit more during the year.

It certainly did help, change in mindset helped too. Taking a club more and swinging smooth instead of forcing a club less, had a couple of big chunks due to decelerating early on though.

Can't be bad if you're holding your handicap 3 rounds from 4? Just wait until the warmer weather and smooth faster greens kick in.

Here's a slightly annoying golf story from yesterday at the Fairmont.

We had the first tee time and were wandering along at quiet a decent pace, weather was cracking (not to mention being 2 over after a double bogey on 9) when we left the 9th green and were walking to the 10th tee a group of 4, who had appeared from the hotel, walked onto the 10th tee and played in front of us, we honestly had to wait for every shot, marking cards on the green and honestly taking ages ... we got to a par 3 and they had just got to the edge of the green so I hit even though the ball was going to the hole and they were 20 yards away I shouted a huge FOOOORRREEE, they all curled up and when my ball hit the green they realised I was giving them a hint to get the **** out the road.  The tiny angry man was shouting back "give us time ya f'ing pri*ks" which then followed by them taking even more time ... eventually I thought feck this so I phoned the hotel ... turns out the 4 ball in front were 2 members of staff and their mates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  2 had gone out early and left the 9th green and wandered into the hotel to wait for the other 2 to get ready and join them, then they all jumped on as a 4 ball but holding us up.  Stuff like that rips my knitting on golf courses.  The main member of staff claimed that he wanted to let us through on the tee they joined but the other 3 were saying "**** them, they can play behind us"

You hit your tee shot on a par 3 just as they were walking on to the green? :lol:

Bold move. Wouldn't fancy your legal bills if you had hit one of them.

Here's a slightly annoying golf story from yesterday at the Fairmont.

We had the first tee time and were wandering along at quiet a decent pace, weather was cracking (not to mention being 2 over after a double bogey on 9) when we left the 9th green and were walking to the 10th tee a group of 4, who had appeared from the hotel, walked onto the 10th tee and played in front of us, we honestly had to wait for every shot, marking cards on the green and honestly taking ages ... we got to a par 3 and they had just got to the edge of the green so I hit even though the ball was going to the hole and they were 20 yards away I shouted a huge FOOOORRREEE, they all curled up and when my ball hit the green they realised I was giving them a hint to get the **** out the road.  The tiny angry man was shouting back "give us time ya f'ing pri*ks" which then followed by them taking even more time ... eventually I thought feck this so I phoned the hotel ... turns out the 4 ball in front were 2 members of staff and their mates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  2 had gone out early and left the 9th green and wandered into the hotel to wait for the other 2 to get ready and join them, then they all jumped on as a 4 ball but holding us up.  Stuff like that rips my knitting on golf courses.  The main member of staff claimed that he wanted to let us through on the tee they joined but the other 3 were saying "**** them, they can play behind us"

Doesn't surprise me up there to be honest, had a similar experience when I was up there at Christmas time. It wasn't folk directly in front of us but a few groups in front, blatantly obvious they had just walked on at the 10th.

I really do not like anything about the Fairmont.

Actually reminds me about a time at Aberdour as well.

Me and a mate were playing in front of a visiting party. We were walking down the 14th, having a bit of a blether as you do and one old boy in the party was under a tree (though he picked it up and threw it to a "more suitable" position while the rest of his party weren't looking) and totally shanked his shot. Cue him turning round and going absolutely radge at me for putting him off. To which he was met with a response from me, along the lines of don't blame me for your shite shot pal, karma for cheating your mates.

We then got to the 16th, if anyone has played Aberdour then you'll know that it gets quite congested there. There was a bit of a hold up so we shouted for the old boys to play their shot on the 15th (it crosses over the 16th and 16th has right of way). So we're on the tee, around 100 yards away from the boys on 15, having another quiet blether and....SHANK, the same boy shanks another in the deep stuff at the 15th, we were met with another massive tirade but by this time we're pishing ourselves too much to even give a toss, as are his mates.

Finally, we were on the 18th and those coming up 17 should really wait until the folk at 18 have tee'd off. He doesn't and blatantly aims a hybrid clean at us...I say clean, it ended up the biggest banana slice I've seen :lol:

Moral of the story? There's always at least one arse hole on the golf course at any given time!

You hit your tee shot on a par 3 just as they were walking on to the green? :lol:

Bold move. Wouldn't fancy your legal bills if you had hit one of them.

Haha aye - they were at the side of the green pissing about with scores, one boy had thrown his ball into the gorse in anger, I stuck it to 6ft and missed the putt ... their fault of course!

40 seconds to hit a shot.... What are people doing ffs, all seem like good ideas, apart from leaving the flag in when putting.

hmfc_liam06

40 seconds to hit a shot.... What are people doing ffs, all seem like good ideas, apart from leaving the flag in when putting.

That's the only one I'm not really keen on.

I assume it's 40 seconds from addressing the ball?

That's the only one I'm not really keen on.

I assume it's 40 seconds from addressing the ball?

Maybe 40 seconds from when it's your turn to play? Anyone taking over 20 seconds should be banned for a few weeks.

Any recommendations for a course this Sunday? Any good winter deals on the go - ?20 or so.

Why not try Musselburgh Old Course - oldest in world still playing on, links style so should be good underfoot -think its ?15 on a Sunday -you cant beat it !!

Any recommendations for a course this Sunday? Any good winter deals on the go - ?20 or so.

Torrance will be ?25, full greens and tees ;)

But you hate it eh?!

Cyprus Jambo

Seen Haddington advertised as ?20 all of March. Played last weekend and only the 1st was a winter green.

In favour of these changes, especially the distance measuring devices. Pros take ages faffing with their caddie over that, so that'll speed it up. Plus they'll be linked to the studios so the TV coverage can give you exact distances (some tournaments they pay folk to walk around and do just that but better to just get the caddies to do it). I use the Golfshot GPS app every round, means I know what club I'll hit before I've stopped walking.

hmfc_liam06

Seen Haddington advertised as ?20 all of March. Played last weekend and only the 1st was a winter green.

A course that's on the hit list but probably a bit too far for this Sunday (being from Fife).

Cyprus Jambo

Scottish Golf Show tickets are on sale now - ?16 and 3 free rounds of golf. Some good course although a few will cost ?10.

Tickets booked:

Greenburn, Torwoodlee and Cardrona.

Anyone else going or got freebies?

Tickets booked:

Greenburn, Torwoodlee and Cardrona.

Anyone else going or got freebies?

I'd wait a while before heading to torwoodlee buddy, my mate lives nearby and said there was rivers running down the original 9 holes the other day.

• Maple Leaf changed the title to Official Golf geeks gibber thread