Official Golf geeks gibber thread

Victorian

Samuel Camazzola

It is the 15th yeah. I went hybrid and then a flick of a wedge as you say it's the smart play. Got a cracking picture of it, I'll try post it.

It become a bog as the rain got heavier, I don't think it'll be all that playable over the winter.

I recall you mentioned you played at Burntisland last year. What is it like there for winter golf? I have this impression it would be reasonable due to the terrain.

• Replies 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hmfc_liam06

• Samuel Camazzola

• Irufushi

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I recall you mentioned you played at Burntisland last year. What is it like there for winter golf? I have this impression it would be reasonable due to the terrain.

Play Burntisland regularly, was there last week and it was in good nick. I believe they'll be full greens where possible as they are part of Golf in Scotland's winter competition.

Samuel Camazzola

Play Burntisland regularly, was there last week and it was in good nick. I believe they'll be full greens where possible as they are part of Golf in Scotland's winter competition.

Cheers. Will intend to get a round in there before the year is out.

Samuel Camazzola

Edited by Samuel Camazzola

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Thinking of getting a practice net for the garden. Anyone got one? Are they stable, robust any use for driving? Any feedback much appreciated :)

Thinking of getting a practice net for the garden. Anyone got one? Are they stable, robust any use for driving? Any feedback much appreciated :)

Not a net but I once had a practice device that comprised a metal plate with spikes that you stuck in the ground. There was a bracket with a golf ball drilled through and tethered that, once hit, was designed to spin around a spindle.

I only used it for the first time after not being able to swing a club in weeks after injury. A few practice swings in the back garden and then on to hitting this tethered ball. One swipe and the ball was off over the roofs and down the street. :D:

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Not a net but I once had a practice device that comprised a metal plate with spikes that you stuck in the ground. There was a bracket with a golf ball drilled through and tethered that, once hit, was designed to spin around a spindle.

I only used it for the first time after not being able to swing a club in weeks after injury. A few practice swings in the back garden and then on to hitting this tethered ball. One swipe and the ball was off over the roofs and down the street. :D:

:rofl: That's what is worrying me!

Had 2 rounds over the weekend, 35 points on Saturday and scratch 72 yesterday,

The course was pure white yesterday morning with frost but the putts were flying in. Became guess work towards the end of the round with some greens staying frozen and the ball seemingly hitting concrete, and others the ball was getting spun back of the front.

Happy with how I played though and very enjoyable despite not being able to feel my feet it was so cold!

Had 2 rounds over the weekend, 35 points on Saturday and scratch 72 yesterday,

The course was pure white yesterday morning with frost but the putts were flying in. Became guess work towards the end of the round with some greens staying frozen and the ball seemingly hitting concrete, and others the ball was getting spun back of the front.

Happy with how I played though and very enjoyable despite not being able to feel my feet it was so cold!

Similar for me at Aberdour yesterday as well, course was a mix of winter and full greens and you had no idea how they were going to react.

Still stuck in a +13 round, that's 3 +13 rounds in a row. No coincidence at all that my fairway hit % has been 86%, 92% and 83% and the scores have tumbled.

Similar for me at Aberdour yesterday as well, course was a mix of winter and full greens and you had no idea how they were going to react.

Still stuck in a +13 round, that's 3 +13 rounds in a row. No coincidence at all that my fairway hit % has been 86%, 92% and 83% and the scores have tumbled.

Consistant stuff mate,

I aim to not increase my handicap during the winter months.

Looks like you're managing that no problem

Consistant stuff mate,

I aim to not increase my handicap during the winter months.

Looks like you're managing that no problem

Finally found something off the tee at long last, the driver seems to be working well. Still throw in a duffer every round but getting there.

Still looking to be getting out once a week over the winter, dont want to regress and spend the first month of next season playing catch up.

Anybody interest in a Titleist 915H #3 (21 degree hybrid with Diamana Red regular shaft).  Golfclubsforcash in Edinburgh have 2 for ?109 and ?119 and this is in much better condition.  

A JKB member can have it for ?80.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

A good buy for someone. Bought two this year, h2 in stiff. Absolute game changers for me. After a lengthy long iron struggle.

Same for me, I'm now changing to the 816H ... just because!  No reason other than I have the chance to.  Landing this bad boy on the green from 210 and the stop you get is class

I'll probably have AP1 714 irons available soon for ?275 if anybody fancies them - I'm one of these clowns that still use irons covers (until maybe 4 weeks ago) so they're in excellent condition ... 

titleist714ap1heroB.jpg

Anybody interest in a Titleist 915H #3 (21 degree hybrid with Diamana Red regular shaft). Golfclubsforcash in Edinburgh have 2 for ?109 and ?119 and this is in much better condition.

A JKB member can have it for ?80.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Got one of them, love it. Bargain for someone

Same for me, I'm now changing to the 816H ... just because! No reason other than I have the chance to. Landing this bad boy on the green from 210 and the stop you get is class

I'll probably have AP1 714 irons available soon for ?275 if anybody fancies them - I'm one of these clowns that still use irons covers (until maybe 4 weeks ago) so they're in excellent condition ...

titleist714ap1heroB.jpg

What shafts on those irons mate? I overdue a new set but can't splash out 500+ on a new set just now.

What shafts on those irons mate? I overdue a new set but can't splash out 500+ on a new set just now.

True Temper XP95 R300

Not watched this review but here's a quick pick from YouTube to save you hunting

I've only have them a season and will be replacing with Titleist.

I've also got 52, 56 and 60 SM6 Vokey wedges, genuinely in the bag for one round and hit a dozen balls with each on the range ... I'd sell them for ?250 for the 3.

Is it 5-pw?

Liam I've a lovely set of mizuno mp62's if you fancy using a pro's old irons ;):lol:

A guy was selling JPX850's for ?230. Kicking myself that i didnt buy them.

Unless I'm mistaken they are regular shaft Armageddon? I'll have to pass, I'd need stiff shafts.

Aye the R300 is the regular set up. I'm fitted as stiff on my 915 driver and 3 wood then regular on hybrid and AP1's

Samuel Camazzola

Tiger's return is this week.

Hopefully he doesn't produce a late withdrawal. Based on his practice, it looks as though he will be playing a TaylorMade driver, PXG putter and Bridgestone ball. Still has Nike irons despite the rumours linking him with Mizuno.

Great to see him back!

Anybody interested in

Titleist Vokey SM6 wedges, immaculate condition 52, 56 and 60 degrees.  ?180 for the set of 3 (will only sell as a set of 3)

or

Titleist Vokey SM5 wedges, very good condition 52, 56 (both chrome) and 60 degrees (black).  ?150 for the set of 3 (will only sell as a set of 3)

Anybody interested in

Titleist Vokey SM6 wedges, immaculate condition 52, 56 and 60 degrees.  ?180 for the set of 3 (will only sell as a set of 3)

or

Titleist Vokey SM5 wedges, very good condition 52, 56 (both chrome) and 60 degrees (black).  ?150 for the set of 3 (will only sell as a set of 3)

Stop it Armageddon...my bank balance can't take much more :lol:

Stop it Armageddon...my bank balance can't take much more :lol:

You can't buy better than Vokeys and the SM6's are the best yet - they're selling second hand for ?95 each and not in as good condition as these ...

Edited by Armageddon

You can't buy better than Vokeys and the SM6's are the best yet - they're selling second hand for ?95 each and not in as good condition as these ...

I've got a Vokey 56 (this one - http://www.pga.com/golf-equipment/equipment-feature/club-test-2011-titleist-vokey-design-spin-milled-wedges-c-c) and to be honest it's not really for me. For a guy of my limited ability I don't find it very forgiving.

My 52 and 60 are TaylorMade Z-Spin, love them but can't find the 56 for love nor money.

Hopefully get my hands on your irons soon though...:thumbsup:

Who is thinking about going to the Scottish Golf Show in March? Not much details out there yet.

I've been the last few years purely to get the 3 free rounds at courses around Scotland.

Bit of a pain that it got moved through to Glasgow.

I've got a Vokey 56 (this one - http://www.pga.com/golf-equipment/equipment-feature/club-test-2011-titleist-vokey-design-spin-milled-wedges-c-c) and to be honest it's not really for me. For a guy of my limited ability I don't find it very forgiving.

My 52 and 60 are TaylorMade Z-Spin, love them but can't find the 56 for love nor money.

Hopefully get my hands on your irons soon though... :thumbsup:

That can't be far off 7 years old!  They CG on the new ones make then far more playable than any other wedge (IMO)

That can't be far off 7 years old!  They CG on the new ones make then far more playable than any other wedge (IMO)

Yeah it was a hand me down from the father in law. Certainly be investing in wedges soon but irons are the priority just now.

Buy his wedges Liam. Do it.

I want his hybrid, irons and wedges...

:sob:

3 vokey SM6 wedges and a 915H hybrid for ?260 ... all immaculate condition. That's like Black Friday brought to JKB :)

3 vokey SM6 wedges and a 915H hybrid for ?260 ... all immaculate condition. That's like Black Friday brought to JKB :)

Haha never mind them, am I getting your irons? :lol:

What did people think of Tiger's comeback?

More birdies than anyone else of the 17 but probably more bogey or worse too.

Think the more competive games he plays the better it will be for him. For golf, I'm glad he's back.

He's 3/1 to win a PGA Tour event next year? Surely a banker? Thought he did well, he'll only improve too, unless he gets another injury.

Edited by Irufushi

• Maple Leaf changed the title to Official Golf geeks gibber thread