Black and White hearts pictures coloured!

Scotland

WorldChampions1902
That is brilliant.

What is the emblem/insignia on the flag on the right?

It looks like the old Edinburgh City Coat of Arms. The obscured character to the right of the maiden will be a doe.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It looks like the old Edinburgh City Coat of Arms. The obscured character to the right of the maiden will be a doe.

Cheers

Brilliant thread this, some amazing Images have be done on this thread keep up the good work. I got Photoshop the other day and have been doing a couple of hearts images to get use to it and here is the first two attempts. Any thoughts and advice would be most welcomed still trying to master how it works. Thanks

hearts-badge2.jpg

hearts2.jpg

Right, the first one is very good and doesn't need any work to it IMO. I'd say, to slightly improve the second one, Instead of just cutting eggert in half behind the floodlights, I would blend him down using the gradient tool and a mask. This is quite advanced so I wouldn't worry about that just yet. Keep up the good work and continue to post your stuff here. What version of photoshop have you got?

Fraser

Funny how tastes differ Fraser, I thought the second one was very good, while the first one was a wee bit busy for me, so I tweaked it a bit . . . . . it'd be a boring world if we were all the same.:fing10:

BadgeDarthEwing.png

Darth Ewing
Funny how tastes differ Fraser, I thought the second one was very good, while the first one was a wee bit busy for me, so I tweaked it a bit . . . . . it'd be a boring world if we were all the same.:fing10:

BadgeDarthEwing.png

Right, the first one is very good and doesn't need any work to it IMO. I'd say, to slightly improve the second one, Instead of just cutting eggert in half behind the floodlights, I would blend him down using the gradient tool and a mask. This is quite advanced so I wouldn't worry about that just yet. Keep up the good work and continue to post your stuff here. What version of photoshop have you got?

Fraser

Hi, thanks for the comments. Yeah I wasn?t too happy about the way eggert turned out. I got to the point where I had did all the other players then realised I hadn?t put eggert in yet and I had to find a place for him and that was the only place.

As for the first image the original image was like yours but a friend ask me to make the whole badge made up of different images and that?s how it ended up looking like that but I like what you have done with it.

I am using Photoshop CS4. I had to get Dreamweaver and flash so I thought I would get the whole package. I had used some of the earlier version of Photoshop but not in this much detail.

Hopefully I will have a few more images over the next few days.

Hi, thanks for the comments. Yeah I wasn?t too happy about the way eggert turned out. I got to the point where I had did all the other players then realised I hadn?t put eggert in yet and I had to find a place for him and that was the only place.

As for the first image the original image was like yours but a friend ask me to make the whole badge made up of different images and that?s how it ended up looking like that but I like what you have done with it.

I am using Photoshop CS4. I had to get Dreamweaver and flash so I thought I would get the whole package. I had used some of the earlier version of Photoshop but not in this much detail.

Hopefully I will have a few more images over the next few days.

I've got CS4 as well, so any questions just ask. The only problem with it, I'd say, was the fact that it takes so long to load up.

BadgeDarthEwing.png

Very well said Donny!

Fraser

A team photo from the swinging 60's.

Don't know where the pic was scanned from eg: fitba mag, evening news etc, but they've made a shop front of themselves calling Eddie Thomson (RIP) . . . . GEORGE ! ! !. :hammer:

60%27s%20Hearts.png

stewart01h.jpg

Did you make this all b&w, then colour the strip from scratch?

A team photo from the swinging 60's.

Don't know where the pic was scanned from eg: fitba mag, evening news etc, but they've made a shop front of themselves calling Eddie Thomson (RIP) . . . . GEORGE ! ! !. :hammer:

60%27s%20Hearts.png

Nice Donny! looks very Pop-Art.

Team photo from season 1933-1934

colouredteam1933.jpg

Did you understand how i fixed it by the way?

I like the way you used very bold colours. Very good first attempt at colouring in a b&w photo. Glad i could help with the problems.

Fraser

Bordeaux 03
Did you make this all b&w, then colour the strip from scratch?

Yeah I thought that would be the easiest way. Is that right? Not had a go at cutting anything out yet.

Did you understand how i fixed it by the way?

I like the way you used very bold colours. Very good first attempt at colouring in a b&w photo. Glad i could help with the problems.

Fraser

Understood the little grey spot I couldn't colour in, I'll remember to double check the other layers next time. With the white dots I tried cloning the pixels etc didn't seem to work, maybe it was just me doing something wrong.

Thanks again for that.

Yeah I thought that would be the easiest way. Is that right? Not had a go at cutting anything out yet.

Understood the little grey spot I couldn't colour in, I'll remember to double check the other layers next time. With the white dots I tried cloning the pixels etc didn't seem to work, maybe it was just me doing something wrong.

Thanks again for that.

It is entirely your choice for doing that, I will do a tutotial for the other way shortly, but as i say it is entirely your choice.

Yeah it is quite difficult to master, i had to look up a few tutorials for that.

No problems, pal.

Fraser

Nice work Bordeaux, you're getting into this lark aren't you ?

Here's one of our 1956 Cup winning captain Freddie Glidden, tidied up and coloured. The grass is maybe just a wee bit bright, but there had been a shower of rain and then the sun came oot . . . . . :whistling:

FreddieGlidden.png

FreddieGliddenColour.png

Bordeaux 03
Nice work Bordeaux, you're getting into this lark aren't you ?

Yeah slowly getting the hang of it, won't be doing another team photo in a hurry, that last one took forever, end result is worth it though.

His names Drew Busby.....

busbyhibsvhearts1976.jpg

You better hide! Lynn's coming!

Where,s the Castle?Was it built then?

eh?

Walter Bishop
My first PERSONAL request. If you want a PERSONAL photo done, drop me a PM.

cropped.jpg

Cheers mate, very much appreciated!!!

Great team that was!!! :sorcerer:

Cheers mate, very much appreciated!!!

Great team that was!!! :sorcerer:

glad you like it mate!

Now that it's done though, which one is you?

Fraser

The 1950-51 team.

Hearts1950-51_a.png

like the crowd, mate...

What effect did you use?

Fraser

Walter Bishop
glad you like it mate!

Now that it's done though, which one is you?

Fraser

Front row 2nd in from left. (next to ginge!)

BadgeDarthEwing.png

is there any chance that you could darken the background of this ???

Jack Alexander
is there any chance that you could darken the background of this ???

Dark enough?

BadgeDarthEwing dark_thumb.jpg

like the crowd, mate...

What effect did you use?

Fraser

It's a filter called 'Paper Cutouts' in Serif PhotoPlus, (it's just called 'Cutouts' in PhotoShop,) then it's a case of tweaking the sliders to get the desired effect.

Here's another one of Donald Ford alongside Eric Carruthers. His blonde hair was a nightmare to try and get right and in the end I gave up, so sorry Eric, that'll need to do.

EricCarruthers-DonalFord.png

One of the BuzzBomb signing to get JapanJambo aroused . . . . . :tt1:

If anyone has a spare fortnight, feel free to colour the whole lot in. :2thumbsup:

DrewBusbysigns.png

One of the BuzzBomb signing to get JapanJambo aroused . . . . . :tt1:

If anyone has a spare fortnight, feel free to colour the whole lot in. :2thumbsup:

DrewBusbysigns.png

Loving the jacket colour, Donny. :10900:

And now a tribute to my two new favourite Jambos.

bouzidandsantana.jpg

[ATTACH]2619[/ATTACH]

This one would be good.

I'll do it. Have you got a bigger version though?

I've updated our pages you can see them all here now.

Once again, much appreciated.

Yet another one of a VERY young Donald Ford.

donaldford8.png

OBooo.png

That first one reminds me of an old pocket watch thing. (Bit of a random thought, i know)

I take it that the second one was just a simple smudge effect.

Fraser

Hearts Heritage

I'll be adding the 'creator' to each of the images over the next week or so. So you can see who created them.

I'll be adding the 'creator' to each of the images over the next week or so. So you can see who created them.

Ok, that sounds cool.

Here is 3 requests, in which i have tried to do a few different techniques

suso2.jpg

csaba2.jpg

P10001842.jpg

marshallschunkychicken
Ok, that sounds cool.

Here is 3 requests, in which i have tried to do a few different techniques

suso2.jpg

csaba2.jpg

P10001842.jpg

Top work mate. Is there any chance you could do the Suso one in 240 x 400 approx?

Would make a cracking phone wallpaper.

Archived