Mafia - Return Of The Heroes

Deek

Just back in after a long day and I'm still trying to get my head around all these roles.

Suppose for now I'll go along with Boof's newest great idea and

Vote Malky

Not that I'll definitely stick with it if I see any reason not to.

Right, I'm away to try and make some proper sense of this game.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vote Boof

I'll go with the Boof Strategem Ver 2.0 and vote for it's creator, I'll probably not get the chance to get on til nearer the deadline tomorrow so it's as good a reason as any and nobody is standing out yet

Any cocktails tonight Boof fancy a change :)

Reposting the list of people .. The ones in Red are not playing the Strategy, Also - non voters in bold..

Can someone check my work please.. Might have made a mistake!

Medico - Malky

Malky - Boof

Boof - The Doctor

The Doctor - Flux

Dandy

Yvonne - Maxi

Maxi - Jam Tartan

Stella - Yvonne

BBJ - Jam Tartan

Jam Tartan

Hogan - Yvonne

Jamie - Paddy

Paddy - Marty

Marty -

Commander - Cigaro

Cigaro - Beverly

Beverley - Vote Flux

Flux - Bigsmak

Bigsmak - Rossi

Rossi

Well Boof has you all following him like sheep, you've all bought into his frankly ridiculous stratagem, why?

Boof insists that it might bag us a goon, I don't see why. If we all follow the strategy all it will do is make the lynching random, everyone will have one vote to their name and we'll have learned nothing.

I don't think Boof's a goon, because goon's don't care who goes as long it's not a goon, but we have to care, we have to try to work out who's worth voting for, the only clue we have until someone with powers can help us is a voting pattern, using BS.2 we won't have a pattern to interpret.

I know that the vote on day 1 has a fairly big random element, but I don't see how this will help, it'll just mean that the randomness will continue. We need clues and we need information, we're not going to get it from this.

I'd change my vote to Boof, even if I'm a lone voice, but as I said I don't think he's a goon, a goon couldn't take the risk of having one of their own voted off, but we have to learn stuff about each other, even if that means making a mistake and voting off a good guy, it's a sacrifice we have to make to learn about what camps people might be in.

Commander Harris
Well Boof has you all following him like sheep, you've all bought into his frankly ridiculous stratagem, why?

Boof insists that it might bag us a goon, I don't see why. If we all follow the strategy all it will do is make the lynching random, everyone will have one vote to their name and we'll have learned nothing.

I don't think Boof's a goon, because goon's don't care who goes as long it's not a goon, but we have to care, we have to try to work out who's worth voting for, the only clue we have until someone with powers can help us is a voting pattern, using BS.2 we won't have a pattern to interpret.

I know that the vote on day 1 has a fairly big random element, but I don't see how this will help, it'll just mean that the randomness will continue. We need clues and we need information, we're not going to get it from this.

I'd change my vote to Boof, even if I'm a lone voice, but as I said I don't think he's a goon, a goon couldn't take the risk of having one of their own voted off, but we have to learn stuff about each other, even if that means making a mistake and voting off a good guy, it's a sacrifice we have to make to learn about what camps people might be in.

wurd.

(sorry deek - changing again!)

unvote cigaro

Hmmm, sorry but this idea sucks the big one. We just aim for a 20 way tie and hope for the best? That sounds like fun. Not only will it only provide as much chance of success as everyone just having a wild guess (extremely slim) but it will produce even less chance to draw out possible clues through voting/unvoting & posting style. I don't care if it's round 1 I'll vote for whoever I want, it's my right as a citizen in this democratic online society :).

The reasons this idea is quite frankly gash are the same reasons the town council ideas in previous games were binned. Even though I liked the TC idea in the early games I soon woke up to the fact that they take away the objective, skill and intrigue of the game. In this game the only person you can trust is yourself (unless you are mafia of course) so why agree to a plan thought up by somebody who's intentions you have no idea about? You'd be as well surrendering your vote to the Mafia IMO.

There could be a chance Boof is Mafia and trying to throw us wildly off the scent by suggesting a plan that he well knows will meet with resistance. He has seen enough failed plans before. It would be all too easy after the inevitable day 1 townie lynching (and that will happen) to then turn around and point the finger at those who didn't go along with the idea and before we know it we are on a wild goose chase. Don't all be robots, it makes the game boring, it will quickly turn it into a deal or no deal style of game, a simple game of chance.

unvote jam tartan

vote stella

:laugh:

Doctor, Maximus.

You two are now my main suspects as you are the only people who are scared about voting and leaving the decision to chance.

Goon would say - OMG we cant have a goon voted off. Lets not take the chance.

So I might change to Maximus... But I'll make the decision tomorrow.

Doctor, Maximus.

You two are now my main suspects as you are the only people who are scared about voting and leaving the decision to chance.

Goon would say - OMG we cant have a goon voted off. Lets not take the chance.

So I might change to Maximus... But I'll make the decision tomorrow.

Only a guilty man would write this...:P

LOL.

Jeez, you are one of my suspects then Bigsmak. Just going along with Boof's plan and then trying to imply that anyone who does not comply with the (really quite daft) idea is automatically a goon on the basis of...nothing. Well Boof may or may not be Mafia, all I know is that I am a townie, not a powerful one but one who can think for himself. I can see that even if there are good intentions behind Boof's plan that it would not exactly be rocket science for the mafia to hijack it and turn it to their advantage by simply appearing to happily go along with it then vilify those who do not, safe in the knowledge that there is not a chance in hell everyone will follow the flock. Again that is the exact reason the town council plans were rejected. Whatever Boof's role really is, his bonkers plan has at least provided us with something to debate :).

If nothing else, at least folk are talking :)

And 3 folk have managed to post within 5 minutes of each other.

All experienced players, dammit, so they'd surely not all try that coconut-sized cojone approach of poo-pooing BS II if they were all goonly...would they?

Although I do recall Maximus trying a particularly brass-necked bluff with Chris a while ago...only to be rumbled.

I'm interested to see what folk are saying about the plan rather than necessarily see who they vote for. All I've claimed is that the goons are usually pretty good at surviving the first day's lynching by being non-noticeable. This was merely an attempt to completely level up that playing field and leave it to chance.

So that's a 15% chance of bagging a goon using BS II, or next to bugger all chance using any other voting method.

I also wanted to see how Deek would cope with a 20-way tie :laugh:

So that's a 15% chance of bagging a goon using BS II, or next to bugger all chance using any other voting method.

I also wanted to see how Deek would cope with a 20-way tie :laugh:

lol...

I think the stratagem is bonkers, but workable, as to have a 20 way tie on the first day will give us just as much chance of taking out a goon than any other way.

I think that only the real goons will not like the plan as they have the most to lose.

It takes the voting out of there hands.

It takes the vote out of the Mafia's hands only if everyone complies (which is clearly not going to happen) be even so it would then also take the vote out of the townies hands. What would be gained exactly if the plan nets the same result as 99 out of 100 mafia opening days? THE PLAN IS NOT WORKABLE. Only a goon or a nut case would suggest it is!

Even if it was workable, the odds are the same as a normal opening day. Either way we have a 3 in 20 chance of hitting a goon and will not doubt end up with a townie lynching, however there won't be any clues left with the 'plan'. There is one player who stands out as way too keen on something that has such a miniscule chance of providing a positive result for the townies and could lead to us simply chasing our tails.

unvote stella

vote bigsmak

HMFCjamieHMFC
Surely it would be a 19 way tie, with Jamie being mod killed. ;)

I know deeks the moderate but i have a vote in all ready

FWIW I wouldn't recommend BS II for any day other than day 1 - we might just have that wee bit more information from what's been said on day 1 to give us a bit more of a hint as to who looks dodgy. Maybe.

And it might only ever work one time..and there's no guarantee that this will be that time :laugh:

Ach what the hell...it's something different...:D

I think Boof's idea is a good one but all it has seemed to do is hype up the paranoia.

I'll keep my vote as it is at the moment (sorry Boof) and see how things are if I get on before the deadline tomorrow night

I know deeks the moderate but i have a vote in all ready

Would it be beyond the realms of possibility for you to unvote then forget to revote?:P

unvote Beverley

right having seen that other people aint in the plan im officially out.

i dont see how it helps us. we dont even know what would happen with a 20 way tie so i reckon its a non starter.

also it would make day 2 into day 1 with one less person and a 17/20 chance that is a townie that we are down.

if nothing else its got a few folk a bit hot under the collar and that in itself may have been boofs idea tho ;)

I ain't a fan of the new strategy. I realise that it is just a random way to lynch someone, and the first day is also random, but at least doing it the traditional way can give us clues for later in the game. This method would give us nothing, and the goons would probably be quite happy to have an 85% chance of survival, from a random draw, since we would start tomorrow with no more info. How long would this system be used before we would actually start using logic? If it fails day 1, would people then say to give it another shot as we would have a 17% chance of getting a goon? But if the sytstem is gonna be abandoned after the first attempt, why even try it once :rolleyes:

HMFCjamieHMFC
Would it be beyond the realms of possibility for you to unvote then forget to revote?:P

unvote Beverley

or to unvote then fall asleep

It takes the vote out of the Mafia's hands only if everyone complies (which is clearly not going to happen) be even so it would then also take the vote out of the townies hands. What would be gained exactly if the plan nets the same result as 99 out of 100 mafia opening days? THE PLAN IS NOT WORKABLE. Only a goon or a nut case would suggest it is!

Even if it was workable, the odds are the same as a normal opening day. Either way we have a 3 in 20 chance of hitting a goon and will not doubt end up with a townie lynching, however there won't be any clues left with the 'plan'. There is one player who stands out as way too keen on something that has such a miniscule chance of providing a positive result for the townies and could lead to us simply chasing our tails.

I agree it takes the vote out of the townies' hands...but is that really such a bad thing given our previous record?

And it's not really a plan to bag a goon, just a plan to slightly increase our chances of doing so. Only a goon or a nutcase would fail to spot that! :laugh:

So the odds aren't the same, given the goons' ability to chat with each other and do their best to 'hide'.

I'd be amazed if we didn't end up with a townie lynching but I'm hoping that either there will be clues left behind by folk commenting on the plan. Or, alternatively folk not commenting on the plan and leaving townies to debate it amongst ourselves. Or folk being all-too-keen to accept it knowing that they're quite happily voting for a townie. Seriously - 15% isn't a miniscule chance on day 1 of any Mafia game.

Commander Harris
I agree it takes the vote out of the townies' hands...but is that really such a bad thing given our previous record?

And it's not really a plan to bag a goon, just a plan to slightly increase our chances of doing so. Only a goon or a nutcase would fail to spot that! :laugh:

So the odds aren't the same, given the goons' ability to chat with each other and do their best to 'hide'.

I'd be amazed if we didn't end up with a townie lynching but I'm hoping that either there will be clues left behind by folk commenting on the plan. Or, alternatively folk not commenting on the plan and leaving townies to debate it amongst ourselves. Or folk being all-too-keen to accept it knowing that they're quite happily voting for a townie. Seriously - 15% isn't a miniscule chance on day 1 of any Mafia game.

first round there is a high chance of getting a townie whatever strategy is played. All that is achieved with your systematic strategy is that it reduces the amount of information we have to go on during the later rounds.

free for all is the way forward, you always get some clues even if we lose an innocent. Your plan could see us lose an innocent AND be none the wiser.

Do we not still have a 15% chance from using the normal tactics though? At least that way can give us some clues about voting patterns for later in the game

well then whats the point? bag a townie? i didnt think you were dodgy, and still dont really but that is a interesting thing to say

HMFCjamieHMFC
I'm gonna treat that with the contempt it deserves :P

ps how p!sh are liverpool :laugh:

Liverpool are top of the league

Liverpool are top of the league

Top o' the league pish :D

Firstly oops, not paying attention

Secondly, give it another 2 weeks and they'll be back to where the belong they've just got the scally's hopes ups a little longer this season thats all :o

Feel free to remind me of this in May when they win the league, I'm pants at predictions

Hibs will win the Scottish Cup :107years:

well then whats the point? bag a townie? i didnt think you were dodgy, and still dont really but that is a interesting thing to say

Read the next bit of the sentence...a plan to slightly increase our chances of bagging a goon compared to the usual townie-slaughter day one brings.

Now that we're on to the 4th page...don't you think there's some clues to be found?

At least I've got people speaking :D

Read the next bit of the sentence...a plan to slightly increase our chances of bagging a goon compared to the usual townie-slaughter day one brings.

Now that we're on to the 4th page...don't you think there's some clues to be found?

or not speaking...

HMFCjamieHMFC
Like lasting til the end and very nearly winning the last game:laugh:

There has many different things happen with me mafia. For example in the vampire game where i was the assassin and i killed every single vampire or theres the times where i am mod killed in the first day

but since im a townie why dont i pick some one and we all lynch them - then we have a 3 in 19 chance of lynching a goon which is even more of a chance.

naa didnt think that would fly!

but yeah you have got a few people, inlcuding myself, talking about your idea. however i think it would be best now if you retracted the idea and let people vote for who they think is a goon. as a few people have said, we need the clues.

Like I said at least this idea has given us something to discuss. The most likely scenario is that the goons would seek to hide behind Boof's idea, there could be some crumbs of information in the early responses to it.

In practise no such plan would be followed through, there are too many experienced players in the game for that to happen, that is why I said that only a nutter would think it was workable. It took some degree of audacity to actually package it as a serious suggestion. Some have even bought the idea.

So hats off to you Boof for your ingenious red herring ;)

HMFCjamieHMFC
but since im a townie why dont i pick some one and we all lynch them - then we have a 3 in 19 chance of lynching a goon which is even more of a chance.

but yeah you have got a few people, inlcuding myself, talking about your idea. however i think it would be best now if you retracted the idea and let people vote for who they think is a goon. as a few people have said, we need the clues.

but we only have your word that your a towine you could be a goon

The problem is though that in the first day, mistakes can be, and usually are, made, as no one knows who they think is a goon.

Obviously voting patterns can be drawn up after this and some patterns can be noticed but the first day is a random vote fest.

We cant look into who the majority vote for straight off, but it will be handy later on.

The problem is though that in the first day, mistakes can be, and usually are, made, as no one knows who they think is a goon.

Obviously voting patterns can be drawn up after this and some patterns can be noticed but the first day is a random vote fest.

We cant look into who the majority vote for straight off, but it will be handy later on.

Thats the point i was trying to make, i didnt really think that anyone would allow anyone just to pick some one then all vote for them.

however you have changed your tune a little have you not. went with it and now as it seems its not happening you are against it.

that, couple with your little love in with jamie, makes me do this

unvote Yvonne

vote Cigaro

Have to say after thinking about it more, this new BS isn't going to have much benefit for us.

So we might manage to randomly pick off a member of the mafia - but surely our chances of just picking them out randomly are the same.

Plus we have just as much chance of getting rid of someone we really don't want to be losing this early in the game.

And even if a townie gets lynched, at least if we all go with our own votes there's a chance there might be a clue or two as to who the mafia members could be. By using this vote the person below you idea we'll learn absolutely diddly squat.

Good job in getting people talking Boof, problem is I reckon the mafia people will be letting all us innocent townies do most of it right now.

Anyway...I'm officially out.

Unvote Malky

Vote Cigaro

No particular reason - just because. And it may well change before tomorrow anyway.

(I also posted this before seeing the post above)

Archived