Mafia - Return Of The Heroes

Deek

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any mair of that and you don't get a Xmas present

already got yours but still got the receipt ;)

unvote malky

better safe than sorry :P

Hi,

My name is flux.

I like stockings...

hi, my name is beverley, and you're not what i was thinkin of :P

oh, and stockings are rockin ;)

Ach well, Boof, I'd have used your stratagem because we have nothing else, alas it's a moot point.

I'll have a pint of 80-/ to warm me on this cold night and a large Macallan.

Oh and vote flux for hitting on Bev, when I wanted to say that I wouldn't mind getting into her stockings.

Evening folks

Been a while since I played one of these, and I am finding some of the roles a bit confusing. Of course, reading it at 2 a.m. while watching the American football, probably hasn't helped, so will need to re-read the info tomorrow morning.

I also ain't seen the last few episodes of the new series, so will have to watch them quickly so Deek doesn't spoil any more of the story for me :P

In a slight twist to the stratagem...since the first day is a random vote-fest, how's about you vote for the person following you on the list?

That should give us a 20-way tie and might just show something.

Perhaps a goon might be forced to vote for a goon and risk losing them - are they willing to take that chance?

Of course, those following on from goons might very well be (and are statistically more likely to be) innocents...but, for me, it's the best chance I can see of bagging one since they'll be, as usual, trying to blend in and post just enough to avoid suspicion.

So, along with the early morning pint of 80/- and a large Macallan, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to Vote The Doctor.

In a slight twist to the stratagem...since the first day is a random vote-fest, how's about you vote for the person following you on the list?

Best strategy I've heard yet

VOTE: Rossi

Boof, I'd rather have a pot of tea and a bacon and black pudding doubler if you're serving breakfast.

I'd have played Boof stratagem.1, but Boof stratagem.2 is pointless and tells us nothing. Most of what we have at these early stages is voting patterns, BS.2 is, well, bs.

(Do you see what I did there? Sometimes I even impress myself)

Maxi are you actually involved in running the game and playing it?

I have never watched heroes and played the last game all confused and looks like it will be same again. I know I probably wont last long this game with all the people peed off with me from last game, but as per normal in Deeks games I am roleless. For once I am quite happy about that as it was hard for me to be a lying manipulitave goon master and as the roles in this are quite complex I would be a hazard having one!

I'm not involved in running this one, I just made up the roles and Deek offered to take up the unenviable task of being the gamesmaster

gamesmaster.jpg

It's confusing enough watching these games and probably twice as confusing playing it, well it's 5 times more confusing trying to mod them, especially the night voting. Guess I should have warned Deek about that :laugh:

Perhaps a goon might be forced to vote for a goon and risk losing them - are they willing to take that chance?

Of course, those following on from goons might very well be (and are statistically more likely to be) innocents...but, for me, it's the best chance I can see of bagging one since they'll be, as usual, trying to blend in and post just enough to avoid suspicion.

So, along with the early morning pint of 80/- and a large Macallan, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to Vote The Doctor.

sounds like a plan of sorts..

unvote boof

vote bigsmak

Commander Harris

ay! the doctor has his festive avatar! that's up there with the coca cola ad as a sure sign of Christmas on its way! :P

I'm roleless and clueless so I'll vote flux unvote flux just for the kingston-upon-hull of it.

ay! the doctor has his festive avatar! that's up there with the coca cola ad as a sure sign of Christmas on its way! :P

I'm roleless and clueless so I'll vote flux unvote flux just for the kingston-upon-hull of it.

hahahahahaha my plan worked you just unvoted me!

Commander Harris
hahahahahaha my plan worked you just unvoted me!

for clarity: vote "flux unvote flux" :P

plan.

vote jam tartan

Commander Harris

unvote "flux unvote flux"

vote medico

just because, no reason, first day, random voting, I'll be changing again anyway.

Commander Harris
unvote "flux unvote flux"

vote medico

just because, no reason, first day, random voting, I'll be changing again anyway.

unvote medico vote malky.

reason as above

Just for the record my 'vote thing' has no real basis for anything or even much expectation of success. It's just that there's a small chance it might force a goon to vote for another goon and leave their chances to fate.

I'm also interested to see if there's any last minute vote changes if someone looks under threat. Or to see if anyone looks to be too vocal in their condemnation of such a tactic.

As far as I can tell there's no townie groups who could chat to one another so the only ones who can discuss this are the goons - I'd pay close attention to anyone who has too much to say against it. The reason for that being that there's bound to be at least one experienced player amongst the goons so they'll be able to direct operations and as townies we have a remarkable record for not getting a goon on the first day's lynching. Because they're usually quiet enough to blend in but just vocal enough not to be lurkers incurring the wrath of Deek.

Jamie excepted :laugh:

Tomorrow. I want the newbies to warm up.

After tomorrow night the game will hot up big style. :)

Pew pew pew

unvote malky vote boof.

Hmmm...Dont panic Commander. I said I may punish Lurkers, not I will punish Lurkers. You do realise you are causing me extra work.:mad:

Commander Harris
Hmmm...Dont panic Commander. I said I may punish Lurkers, not I will punish Lurkers. You do realise you are causing me extra work.:mad:

sorry deek :)

was just working through the list. :D

I forgot that that would cause you work so I'll be voting sensibly from now on. :)

so we doin boof's thing or not?

no point some doing it and some not. its an all or nothing idea.

i dont really see what we will gain from as it as it would take an old firm fans level of intellegence (or lack of) to change a vote from a goon as it would make them both look dodgy as hell thus giving us 2 goons.

also if we have non voters it wont work either.

i liked your cop idea but am not convinced on this one boof.

so we doin boof's thing or not?

no point some doing it and some not. its an all or nothing idea.

i dont really see what we will gain from as it as it would take an old firm fans level of intellegence (or lack of) to change a vote from a goon as it would make them both look dodgy as hell thus giving us 2 goons.

I think anyone not on the username +1 boof revised (Amendment 1) 2008 by 9pm on deadline day has something goony to hide...

so if i'm reading the boof revised strategem right am i to vote flux? cos he's next in the list after me?

So we might just, with a huge amount of luck bag us a goon. Surely you don't think that's a bad thing?

Conversely we might just bag us a good 'un which I hadn't considered before, but I'd say there's slightly more chance of that happening by not using stratagem II because if we have folk thinking that someone's dodgy, more often than not that's a mistake - especially on the first day when the goons are better at hiding or at least have more folk to hide amongst.

Which do you prefer - a level playing field or one that's ever so subtly skewed in favour of the bad guys...?

I really don't mind if we use it or not - I am doing so as I know I'm not a bad 'un so, by default, everyone else looks guilty and The Doctor is as good a place to start as any.

Obviously some try to see this as a goonly tactic (somehow) and might wish to get rid of me...oh bummer...there you go...that's given the goons an excuse to vote for me since they know I'm good (just not all that good) and can use the old 'ah but he looked dodgy' excuse - the town will lose nothing apart from a barman by my departure.

Commander Harris

unvote boof vote cigaro.

might as well go with the new BS Strategy and see what happens.

Archived