Mafia - Return Of The Heroes

Deek

right ive just had a wee look at cigaro's profile and it turns out it dosent tell you what he is doing. like viewing threads, sending pm's etc

thats a little bit suspect to me.

it might be nothing but its a little bit to go on.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

stella - I don't need to retract the plan...folk can make up their own minds.

Maximus - I still don't get what you mean by 'workable'? All that I've suggested is that using the plan might give us a slightly better chance of getting a goon on day 1. And that discussion of the plan might give us some clues as to folks' allegiances.

F'rinstance I've got one or two whom I feel to be slightly more trustworthy as I feel they may be roled goodies. Obviously I'm not going to name them - I'll let the goons do their own dirty work. Plus I'm probably wrong and don't want to make a tit of myself :laugh:

Commander Harris
right ive just had a wee look at cigaro's profile and it turns out it dosent tell you what he is doing. like viewing threads, sending pm's etc

thats a little bit suspect to me.

it might be nothing but its a little bit to go on.

I'm invisible too, prefer it that way generally so I can stalk without being noticed. :)

so are we not playing the strategy any more??

this is getting worse everytime i peek in here!

i don't watch heroes, so maybe thats why i'm not getting it, but then boofs strategies never made sense to me anyways lol

unvote flux for now, i'll try and pop on at lunchtime if i have the chance and see whats going on then

I'm invisible too, prefer it that way generally so I can stalk without being noticed. :)

and if cigaro has the same reason then thats fair enough

or are you just taking the heat of him :P

man this game makes me paranoid.

stella - I don't need to retract the plan...folk can make up their own minds.

Maximus - I still don't get what you mean by 'workable'? All that I've suggested is that using the plan might give us a slightly better chance of getting a goon on day 1. And that discussion of the plan might give us some clues as to folks' allegiances.

F'rinstance I've got one or two whom I feel to be slightly more trustworthy as I feel they may be roled goodies. Obviously I'm not going to name them - I'll let the goons do their own dirty work. Plus I'm probably wrong and don't want to make a tit of myself :laugh:

Of course but no point in some folk still trying to do it if others are not playing ball. kinda makes it a little pointless no?

Commander Harris

I don't know if Cigaro is usually invisible, just saying it's not really a good indicator of anything as quite a few people like to be invisible generally on the board.

Of course but no point in some folk still trying to do it if others are not playing ball. kinda makes it a little pointless no?

Obviously if someone goonish drops a clanger tomorrow (and I notice it) I'll change, but at the moment I haven't seen any reason to change from my current vote.

The Doctor has, to me, looked neither goonly nor clean. But then no-one else has looked goonly enough for me to change...yet.

There's every chance I'll change before deadline time tomorrow though.

I don't know if Cigaro is usually invisible, just saying it's not really a good indicator of anything as quite a few people like to be invisible generally on the board.

fair point.

sticking to my guns tho

Obviously if someone goonish drops a clanger tomorrow (and I notice it) I'll change, but at the moment I haven't seen any reason to change from my current vote.

The Doctor has, to me, looked neither goonly nor clean. But then no-one else has looked goonly enough for me to change...yet.

There's every chance I'll change before deadline time tomorrow though.

I didnt mean change your vote, thats your choice.

what i ment was it should be clear that since everyone is not following the system the people who have already used it to pick there vote should be free to change it if they so wish

My invisibility was from the last game where I was the assassin. I'm pefectly willing to take it off for the game if that makes you feel better Stella.:P

I only wet for it to get a vote in as I thought the deadline was maybe tonight. It not, so I have removed my vote. Beverley ha done nothing suspicious, so why leave it on her?

If Boofs thing was getting done then I'd go along with it. Why? Because I dont really have a problem being in a 20 way tie, I know I'm an innocent.

Would you like me to remove the invisibility?

My invisibility was from the last game where I was the assassin. I'm pefectly willing to take it off for the game if that makes you feel better Stella.:P

I only wet for it to get a vote in as I thought the deadline was maybe tonight. It not, so I have removed my vote. Beverley ha done nothing suspicious, so why leave it on her?

If Boofs thing was getting done then I'd go along with it. Why? Because I dont really have a problem being in a 20 way tie, I know I'm an innocent.

Would you like me to remove the invisibility?

top quality fence sitting!

thats your call, you have given me a reason so it dont make much difference now.

I didnt mean change your vote, thats your choice.

what i ment was it should be clear that since everyone is not following the system the people who have already used it to pick there vote should be free to change it if they so wish

Yeah, I was just pointing out why I'd chosen as I did.

I don't feel it's up to me to direct folk one way or t'other. I put the idea up for consideration and let folk decide for themselves. Perhaps I was a little robust in defending it, but I feel it's been a wee bit useful for myself in finding some folk possibly more trustworthy...and consequently some other folk less so.

Yeah, I was just pointing out why I'd chosen as I did.

I don't feel it's up to me to direct folk one way or t'other. I put the idea up for consideration and let folk decide for themselves. Perhaps I was a little robust in defending it, but I feel it's been a wee bit useful for myself in finding some folk possibly more trustworthy...and consequently some other folk less so.

If im honest i think your idea is a pile of poo as a lynching plan.

however as you have said its drawn a few people out so its been effective in that way.

am away to my pit now and ive got a 12 hrs shift the morn so i dont know if ill be back in time for the deadline. ill try tho.

top quality fence sitting!

thats your call, you have given me a reason so it dont make much difference now.

:laugh:

You're looking for something thats not there.

I'll take it off. For openness sake.

I also wanted to see how Deek would cope with a 20-way tie :laugh:

I think I would just knock off the person who came up with the idea.;)

Sexton Hardcastle

I aint really beeen keeping much of an eye on things so focus! Usual random voting it would seem and voting from previous games coming over.

Unvote Malky French

Vote Yvonne

If im honest i think your idea is a pile of poo as a lynching plan.

But it's never been a 'lynching plan' - simply a levelling of the playing field on this first usually crappy day for the toon.

If nothing else at least it's something different and to me it's made some folk noticeable for speaking a lot and some folk noticeable for saying not very much.

Just have to try and work out who, out of those two categories, are the bad guys.

Simple, eh?:rolleyes:

Commander Harris

don't think I've got an active vote so vote Dandy - in the hope of bringing him out to play.

unvote Yvonne

vote Cigaro

Seems to be choping and changing his mind so as not to draw attention to himself

:laugh:

I have had one vote/unvote!

If anything, due to Stella's issue with my being invisible, I have drawn too much attention on myself.:(

Boof's strategy has certainly opened this first day up a bit!

3 people have kind of stood out to me. 2 for supporting the plan then quickly changing when others voiced their concern. The change seemed a bit too much like they were trying to blend into the crowd

The other for vehemently defending the plan, and trying a bit too hard to encourage everyone to go for a totally random strategy that would give us nothing

VOTE BIGSMAK

Reason above, plus his comment that Maxi was trying to ruin it for everyone. Just seems a bit too desperate and goonlike

Boof's strategy has certainly opened this first day up a bit!

3 people have kind of stood out to me. 2 for supporting the plan then quickly changing when others voiced their concern. The change seemed a bit too much like they were trying to blend into the crowd

The other for vehemently defending the plan, and trying a bit too hard to encourage everyone to go for a totally random strategy that would give us nothing

VOTE BIGSMAK

Reason above, plus his comment that Maxi was trying to ruin it for everyone. Just seems a bit too desperate and goonlike

Guessing I am one of the other 2?

Boof's plan would be just as random as the normal votes. The only thing it wouldnt give us is voting patterns, something which can be used later on. There is one poster who has voted/unvoted a lot, thus muddying the water of his pattern.

TBH I hadnt thought about the pros and cons of Boofs plan, but when it was put forward they made sense, hence my unvote for Bev. No point in leaving my vote on her when he hasnt seemed dodgy to me.

Boof's plan would be just as random as the normal votes. The only thing it wouldnt give us is voting patterns, something which can be used later on. There is one poster who has voted/unvoted a lot, thus muddying the water of his pattern.

TBH I hadnt thought about the pros and cons of Boofs plan, but when it was put forward they made sense, hence my unvote for Bev. No point in leaving my vote on her when he hasnt seemed dodgy to me.

Perhaps :rolleyes:

My reasons are fairly tenuous, but at the moment there is not much to go on!

If it's done nothing else...at least the idea seems to have prevented the usual first day pile-on...so far.

I genuinely feel that goons that are good enough can influence the voting without appearing to be too dodgy. A simple aspersion cast here or there can be enough to condemn anyone - and they're not gonna care who gets bumped off...there's usually enough of a pile on that they don't even have to vote for the innocent party. And, to be honest, I don't believe the first day voting patterns give us that much anyway since it's only the goons who know anything and they can (relatively) easily influence the voting.

Meant to add...the plan would totally level the playing field - i.e. take out any chance of goons influencing the first lynching - and once the first unfortunate player was lynched (85% chance of it being a townie - or 100% chance of it being me if Deek went for his plan :D) we'd then be able to start the game properly, but with (a) that wee bit more info but (B) 2 fewer players. Also it would suck BIG style to be the unfortunate player booted off in a 20-way penalty shoot-out.

I'd like more talking from the quiet folks and I'd like someone to come in for a pint...I've been open for 2 days now and hardly had a soul across the threshold!!

FREE BEER for the next 10 visitors!!

If it's done nothing else...at least the idea seems to have prevented the usual first day pile-on...so far.

I genuinely feel that goons that are good enough can influence the voting without appearing to be too dodgy. A simple aspersion cast here or there can be enough to condemn anyone - and they're not gonna care who gets bumped off...there's usually enough of a pile on that they don't even have to vote for the innocent party. And, to be honest, I don't believe the first day voting patterns give us that much anyway since it's only the goons who know anything and they can (relatively) easily influence the voting.

I'd like more talking from the quiet folks and I'd like someone to come in for a pint...I've been open for 2 days now and hardly had a soul across the threshold!!

FREE BEER for the next 10 visitors!!

I'll have a Guinness then please:p

Does someone have the vote count?

1 Guinness and 1 Heavy comin' up.

Free credits on the Asteroids machine as well.

I'm getting that lonely I might even open up the offer to the moderator and non-residents. In fact I'll put one on tap for ArmiyaRomanova who's just been to see The Residents in Stockholm.

Usual please Boof, just a single Macallan though, I'm working in an hour.

My carefully considered vote remains.

One of the useful things about the majority of players following BS.2 is that one or two votes can make one hell of a difference at the moment. However so far nobody appears to be doing any squeeky bum desperate voting...

Yeah I'd like to know who I am going to eed to vote for to save my own ass!:laugh:

I wont be on after 7pm though. so I wont be able to do any last minute saves if it comes to that :(

vote maxi

off out now to celebrate my engagement won't be back before the deadline good luck all and hopefully i'll still be here to see you in the morning :)

Way to go, you guys are worse than useless. You nearly always go for me day 1 and you always end up being wrong, why do you target me? Because I actually THINK? While most of you just dither before jumping on bandwagons like sheep.

Since you are ruining it for everyone,

Ruining it for who?

Be very wary of Bigsmak. Go ahead and lynch me and when you find out your mistake you will know where to look next.

Way to go, you guys are worse than useless. You nearly always go for me day 1 and you always end up being wrong, why do you target me? Because I actually THINK? While most of you just dither before jumping on bandwagons like sheep.

Just for that moaning alone.

unvote Cigaro

vote Maximus

"Baa Baa"

Bev will be happy she has changed to a man all in the same sentence :biggrin:

I haven't a scooby who to go for so will just leave my vote on maxi just now as its fun watching him go all mad :)

Bev will be happy she has changed to a man all in the same sentence :biggrin:

I haven't a scooby who to go for so will just leave my vote on maxi just now as its fun watching him go all mad :)

Haha! My "S" key doesnt work a lot of the time.

It took 2 attempts to get it to work there!

My vote will be in in a few minutes. Its one of 2 players in order to potentially save my bacon, so to speak. :(

Hello, this is Norway calling, how's it going, 2 foot of snow here and it's freezing

I'm away out for a free meal but I'll be back in a couple of hours when it begins to heat up

Archived