Poor Show !

Gaz

I'm not taking that from the worst poster on the board.

I'm just going to remind you that YOUstarted a thread a few days ago slating Euan Cameron and YOU ended up defending him and calling everyone playground bullies!

Now away and blow out your candles. :)

Is this true :eek:

How can anyone defend that rodent.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Is this true :eek:

How can anyone defend that rodent.

I dunno!

You are obviously a lot more intelligent than your pal so have a wee word in his ear next time you see him!

"Some of these morons who go on about being British couldn"t even spell it"

Are we fi Eastern Europe?

You ARE British whether you like it or not.

Are we fi Eastern Europe?

You ARE British whether you like it or not.

Fine, so do you go to your work and wave a Union flag about and sing songs celebrating being British ?

Fine, so do you go to your work and wave a Union flag about and sing songs celebrating being British ?

your question has no relevence to my comment whatsoever

but to answer it...no i dont, why would I? I dont wave Hearts flags or sing Hearts songs in my work either?!!

so beat it.

Why anyone is upset about young men singing songs they feel arent quite appropriate whilst being stuffed 3-0 away in Drugdee is bamboozeling....quite often they are they same folk that start songs/create atmosphere that you join in with and things get going....its quite simple...join in with the ones you DO like ....or start your own.

Hearts are playing s*** just now, and us fans that are starting of songs (that you may or may not like) are the fans who are creating most of the atmosphere

your question has no relevence to my comment whatsoever

but to answer it...no i dont, why would I? I dont wave Hearts flags or sing Hearts songs in my work either?!!

so beat it.

Why anyone is upset about young men singing songs they feel arent quite appropriate whilst being stuffed 3-0 away in Drugdee is bamboozeling....quite often they are they same folk that start songs/create atmosphere that you join in with and things get going....its quite simple...join in with the ones you DO like ....or start your own.

I fail to see your relevance whatsoever.

Hearts are playing s*** just now, and us fans that are starting of songs (that you may or may not like) are the fans who are creating most of the atmosphere

There's obviously a fair few who are not that taken with the "atmosphere" you create, though.

That atmosphere stinks like a room full of old men farting.

That atmosphere stinks like a room full of old men farting.

u dont have to stand with them or sing the songs.....whats up?

its a football match...not the cinema.

its very minor....shouldnt really be an issue.

was that worthy of a post?

are u British?

My passport states I am British. What is your point ?

Do I feel the need to about every day life and sing and wave flags to say I am British or Scottish for that matter ? No, So why do people think it is appropriate for a Scottish football match ?

portobellojambo1

What is the significance of the songs to those that do sing them EM. I have been reading this thread a bit and from what I can gather the persons singing the songs do not appear to be Protestant, or at least not Protestant in as much as the same manner I was brought up as a Protestant (i.e. to me it is my faith, i.e. a Christian faith, which involves going to church), and from reading the comments of one or two they don't seem to be sure if they are Loyalists either, so I am not honestly sure of how these songs link into what they think they are as people.

It is a football match.

And yet none of these songs have anything to do with football.

Still think Dave McLaren's lesbians should be allowed, though...

:)

For the record, they're not exclusively mine. :rolleyes:

It's the philatelists that worry me most. If they start giving big licks to their obnoxious songs we really need to stamp on it quickly. :whistling:

Back on topic, I feel that the statements of the 'singers' tells a big story....you are entitled to all the views on religion, nationality, politics you want, but leave them outside the stadium. The focus should be on Hearts in 2008 and not conflicts from previous centuries.

What is the significance of the songs to those that do sing them EM. I have been reading this thread a bit and from what I can gather the persons singing the songs do not appear to be Protestant, or at least not Protestant in as much as the same manner I was brought up as a Protestant (i.e. to me it is my faith, i.e. a Christian faith, which involves going to church), and from reading the comments of one or two they don't seem to be sure if they are Loyalists either, so I am not honestly sure of how these songs link into what they think they are as people.

probably not very much ..they will just be 'songs'

I didnt hear them belting out the sash and the like....and didnt hear much else being created by others during a drab gem. dont you expect youngsters to be doing things you'd dissapprove of?

congrats on being a practicing Prod but that doesnt give you :033: over those that cant be ersed turnin up at church.

Loyalist is another ball game in my eyes.

rnli_thumb.jpg

It is a football match.

And yet none of these songs have anything to do with football.

Yes, and at football matches...you hear songs that have nothing to do with football.

I think that's his point. :)

and....

he shouldnt go then...if hes so thin skinned he cant deal with other folk (pups) singing something thats forgotten about 2 mins later. get real.

sorry i mis-understood.

so when we get worse and if we get beat against hibs then we should walk up easter road doing nazi salutes ? if we'r playing bad,ach just create any old atmosphere ?

Released in 1974 for the centenary:

Hurrah, hurrah, we are the Gorgie boys

Hurrah, hurrah, we make a lot of noise

On Saturdays you'll hear us sing

Tynecastle to Dalry

When we go marchin' thru' Gorgie.

Walking down the Gorgie Road on a Saturday

Doon to old Tynecastle where the gallant Hearts do play

We've followed them a hundred years

And will a hundred mair

Still we go marchin' thru Gorgie

CHORUS

There's Kenny Garland in the goal keepin oot the ba'

Gallagher and Jefferies,

and there's no a better twa

Bobby Prentice on the wing,

while Fordie knocks them in

That's what we see at Tynecastle

I still have the 7'' of that song At my fathers house probably in the attic somewhere, released for our centenery year. bought it for 5p in the old Hearts shop around 1977 or 78 i know i was about 5 or 6 when i got it. The reverse side was "Song of Tynecastle"

Cant remember all the words of it but the first verse was

We will raise our voices for the team we love

For the players auld and new

Our standards they are high

We are reaching for the sky

And the Hearts they will never be moved

Sorry if that was off topic there just got a bit nostalgic and thought id comment, its reminded me of it, think ill have to rake it out, only problem now is i dont have a record player to play it on :rolleyes:

Scotland really is a backwards little country sometimes.

I blame the rain.

aye gran me n aw, ma mail was late the day as well.

GRANNY_thumb.jpg

Well done on missing the point. I was right before you are an irrelevance.

Your not very constructive are you. Try the TA ...might put some polish on your boots.

army_thumb.jpg

Fozzyonthefence
Couldn't make it today due to work commitments, but if Hello Hello was sung then that's great news all 'round.

We should never have lay down to the Pressley loving PC Brigade.

wtf has Pressley got to do with some of our morons singing bigotted songs?

and....

he shouldnt go then...if hes so thin skinned he cant deal with other folk (pups) singing something thats forgotten about 2 mins later. get real.

But surely it would be better if they weren't sung, is that not the point here?

That doesn't mean that they're not a bunch of immature, mentally-subnormal, attention-seeking, wannabe-hun, karsten jankers though...

:cussing:

I don,t Know how any of you guys who were at Tannadice could be concerned about a few songs after witnessing what was happening on the park!We Stunk!This was worse than the end of last season.Lack of talent is forgiveable IMO but lack of commitment to the jersey is not and some of these guys look like they neither care or know who they are playing for .They certainly don,t deserve the great support they get from our fans.

But surely it would be better if they weren't sung, is that not the point here?

possibly..but then you would have nothing sung AT ALL.

and you also have to accept that some folk DO like these songs and will sing them....nobody has the right to say not to. The folk singing them feel they have the right to do so.

Or we could be like German teams with a guy at the front on a megaphone telling us what to sing from a script...pash.

I don,t Know how any of you guys who were at Tannadice could be concerned about a few songs after witnessing what was happening on the park!We Stunk!This was worse than the end of last season.Lack of talent is forgiveable IMO but lack of commitment to the jersey is not and some of these guys look like they neither care or know who they are playing for .They certainly don,t deserve the great support they get from our fans.

aye, back to the point...spot on.....was horrendous, a decent Hearts support got shortchanged.

coatbridgejambo

at the end of the day they are just words they hurt no one,,its just a bit of banter . FTH.

coatbridgejambo

better see a 4-4-2 next week or at least something a wee bit more positive mod edit sick of this current crap

The usual knickers in knots crew, have found something else to moan about. I sometimes think to myself "why do I come on here?" If it's not mad vlad, it a wee big of loyal singing, smoking in toilets and the current favourite that everyone on here seems to know more about football than our manager!

Childish name calling because some HEARTS fans were singing songs you don't like is childish in the extreme.

Whilst I'm glad that it seems to be a bunch of attention seeking wee bebo'ers who are at the root of this, the worrying thing is how many older fans have latched on in this thread.

There can be no doubt that we're a British club given our geographical location but it's the implication that's made when some mention the word "British".

I have no problems with people who have loyalist or indeed nationalist beliefs but in my opinion they have no place at Tynecastle.

It's not the fact that the club could be fined for these outbursts or that it's against the supporters charter to sing such songs, it's the offence it causes to some people who are there to watch their team.

I hope the club has a good look at these people and weeds them out because their contribution towards the atmosphere is unwelcome by the vast majority of supporters.

what about them, do they want medals for being catholic?

there no different to anyone else.

Correct, they're not.

That is the point most people are trying to make.

The usual knickers in knots crew, have found something else to moan about. I sometimes think to myself "why do I come on here?" If it's not mad vlad, it a wee big of loyal singing, smoking in toilets and the current favourite that everyone on here seems to know more about football than our manager!

Childish name calling because some HEARTS fans were singing songs you don't like is childish in the extreme.

So what about the songs they were singing? Childish or not? What's the verdict there?

So what about the songs they were singing? Childish or not? What's the verdict there?

I'm not judging the lads/lassies on their singing, I'll leave that to others.

I'm not judging the lads/lassies on their singing, I'll leave that to others.

If you were trying to disguise that total cop out...I'd like you to know that you failed miserably.

:laugh:

If you were trying to disguise that total cop out...I'd like you to know that you failed miserably.

:laugh:

Not at all. If I was goona comment on the content of the songs then I would have done that in my original posting. Stop trolling.

Not at all. If I was goona comment on the content of the songs then I would have done that in my original posting. Stop trolling.

Uh huh. Sure you would. ;)

Uh huh. Sure you would. ;)

How do you know what I am or not gonna post? Mind reading abilities via the tinterweb? You're ace!

How do you know what I am or not gonna post? Mind reading abilities via the tinterweb? You're ace!

Oh grow up. :rolleyes:

Someone pointed out the childish nature of your post, and you buckled.

You didn't like it so you started throwing abuse.

Irrespective of the size of crowd, or atmosphere, the songs are not required.

There is no real way of dressing it up as anythign else.

So give up trying to defend it.

MacDonald Jardine
The funniest thing when talking to some people about religion is that they believe that just because they are not catholic then they are Protestant.

I am a catholic and i am proud of that however when i go along to tynecastle or i go to other grounds across Scotland i couldn't give a flying **** what religion myself or anyone else follows when connected to football.

There's a shock.

If it's irrelevant why mention it?

Oh grow up. :rolleyes:

Someone pointed out the childish nature of your post, and you buckled.

You didn't like it so you started throwing abuse.

Irrespective of the size of crowd, or atmosphere, the songs are not required.

There is no real way of dressing it up as anythign else.

So give up trying to defend it.

Buckle!? Where did I buckle? Cause I refused to be drawn in an arguement that loads on here know my views on. Oh I get it that was where I buckled wasn't it.....................

Abuse! Where about?

1, 2 buckle my shoe......................:rolleyes:

Buckle!? Where did I buckle? Cause I refused to be drawn in an arguement that loads on here know my views on. Oh I get it that was where I buckled wasn't it.....................

Abuse! Where about?

1, 2 buckle my shoe......................:rolleyes:

You buckle when you resort to having a dig at the poster rather than debating the point.

Please tell me why such song as justified?

Is it atmosphere?

Are there no other songs that can be sung?

Is it to wind up other fans?

Can that not be done in other ways, without such songs?

Is football for such people so ingrained with these songs that they cant enjoy themselves without them?

What does that say about those people?

It suggested the football is not the reason they are at the game, or at least not the only reason.

Archived