Poor Show !

Gaz

heartgarfunkel
Just a thought but if the attention seekers were really just trying to get a bit of atmosphere going and weren't actually just trying to court attention, then why not sing Hearts songs that every Hearts supporter will want to sing? Surely the more people singing, the better the atmosphere will be.

We keep hearing about how they really, really are Hearts fans and go home and away week in, week out. They should by now know the words to Hearts songs and not just religious/political songs.

Or maybe they are just attention seekers scheemie neds afterall.

I think you may just have them there. They don't go to Ibrox because they wouldn't get the cheapies of being the extremist 'hardcore' in a support, hence the vile songs.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What would happen if a group of Hearts fans were to go along to the games and start signing "Fields of Athenry" or pro ira songs?

Would the fans that sing "Rule Brittania" or "Hello Hello(f' version) get upset or would they follow the same line they have posted on this thread that people with different beliefs should be able to sing about them.

Personally the songs don't really bother me that much as if i don't like them i won't sing them however imo it would be alot better if we could all just sing Hearts songs.

What would happen if a group of Hearts fans were to go along to the games and start signing "Fields of Athenry" or pro ira songs?

Would the fans that sing "Rule Brittania" or "Hello Hello(f' version) get upset or would they follow the same line they have posted on this thread that people with different beliefs should be able to sing about them.

Personally the songs don't really bother me that much as if i don't like them i won't sing them however imo it would be alot better if we could all just sing Hearts songs.

Asked the same thing and it went quiet

ps your sigs out of date

Chill and read his post again, I think the Mod Edit he was talking about were in fact the Hun fans and not the Hearts fans at Ibrox

Theoretically speaking, how would you react if someone in the Hearts section sung Follow Follow or the Fields of Athernray?

follow follow could be said in different words to resemble hearts, and if someone sung the fields of athenry i would personnally go over and hit him.

thats a liverpool/celtic/ira song.

Just a thought but if the attention seekers were really just trying to get a bit of atmosphere going and weren't actually just trying to court attention, then why not sing Hearts songs that every Hearts supporter will want to sing? Surely the more people singing, the better the atmosphere will be.

We keep hearing about how they really, really are Hearts fans and go home and away week in, week out. They should by now know the words to Hearts songs and not just religious/political songs.

Or maybe they are just attention seekers scheemie neds afterall.

not at all we know the words to hearts songs , hearts back in the day where known as loyalists if that is the correct word to use, we're trying to bring back that reputation

i would personally go over to them and tell the to **** off or they'll get done in for mentioning or singing ira songs. because they are evil murdering terroists bassa's

follow follow could be said in different words to resemble hearts, and if someone sung the fields of athenry i would personnally go over and hit him.

Didn't you state that people with different believes following their team and after all we are all Hearts supporters could sing their own songs?

I'm not having a go at anyone on the thread im just stating that imo if you allow one group of the songs mentioned you would have to allow the others?

ToadKiller Dog
not at all we know the words to hearts songs , hearts back in the day where known as loyalists if that is the correct word to use, we're trying to bring back that reputation

What day was this ? if it was a tuesday i missed it as i work late that day.

You're going to get murdered on here for that.

Didn't you state that people with different believes following their team and after all we are all Hearts supporters could sing their own songs?

I'm not having a go at anyone on the thread im just stating that imo if you allow one group of the songs mentioned you would have to allow the others?

no , because the british songs we sung/sing are acceptable but when the words of a song or praising towards terroists is used then it's unacceptable.

You're going to get murdered on here for that.

i kinda know that but , i'm just trying to defending me and my mates young and old about our beliefs but yet we get slated because the kb crew are full of halfwits who take the slightest bit of negativity and use it against someone or something.

no , because the british songs we sung/sing are acceptable but when the words of a song or praising towards terroists is used then it's unacceptable.

One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter and all that.

You are a sad little man aren't you, so everyone is entitled to their beliefs as long as it is the same as yours? You would hit a Hearts fan if they sung a song that they believed in and considered as could be sung at a Hearts game but you didn't. Classy

FYI, I wouldn't sing the Fields on Athenry as it is a Cellic song, not sure about IRA though?

I have defended people on the Hello Hello threads previously as I have sung it many times in the past and in some forms it is acceptable in todays society despite other people protestations but people like you make me despair and fuel arguments against the song. Well done, hope you're proud

heartgarfunkel
i would personally go over to them and tell the to **** off or they'll get done in for mentioning or singing ira songs. because they are evil murdering terroists bassa's

I take it that you regularly assault fellow Hearts match attenders who sing songs traditionally attached to Loyalism/Rangers/UFF/UVF as they could be interpreted as condoning terrorism?

Good on the boys for making an effort I say. When the team are that bad then you often need to make your own entertainment. Sitting there in silence certainly doesn't do it for me.

Hearing The Gorgie Boys was fantastic as well as the others they treated us to. One of the most rousing we have! :)

i kinda know that but , i'm just trying to defending me and my mates young and old about our beliefs but yet we get slated because the kb crew are full of halfwits who take the slightest bit of negativity and use it against someone or something.

I understand but it will be lost cause on here. Not worth the effort.

You are a sad little man aren't you, so everyone is entitled to their beliefs as long as it is the same as yours? You would hit a Hearts fan if they sung a song that they believed in and considered as could be sung at a Hearts game but you didn't. Classy

FYI, I wouldn't sing the Fields on Athenry as it is a Cellic song, not sure about IRA though?

I have defended people on the Hello Hello threads previously as I have sung it many times in the past and in some forms it is acceptable in todays society despite other people protestations but people like you make me despair and fuel arguments against the song. Well done, hope you're proud

I take it that you regularly assault fellow Hearts match attenders who sing songs traditionally attached to Loyalism/Rangers/UFF/UVF as they could be interpreted as condoning terrorism?

No, if people believe in terroists they need to go get themselves checked out many innocent people have been killed by these people and for that reason i despise them, as for cellic i dislike them and what they stand for.

no i don't assault fellow fans but i heard anything to do with cellic or ira or whatever being sung at a hearts game i would go and give the guy a mouthful of abuse as would a few other people most probably.

Just to clarify I was commenting on the link between singing the Fields of Athenry and being pro IRA, not my belief on singing pro IRA songs which is something I despise

ToadKiller Dog
seconded.

ERR so we should expect you to continue your campaign to turn tynecastle into your loyalist paradise next week then ,I doubt it .

So why only away games where the gang are able to sit together does it happen? if it was all ticket and you were apart it would not happen.

Cowards or are you at heart just insecure in your prejudices ?

No

The real truth is that you have no beliefs only a sad attempt to get attention for yourselves rather like the wannabes in X factor or big brother, but one day you may grow up and see the world as a better bigger place.

Good luck in that.

Well said Black, every support have an undesirable element and we are no different. Bunch of sad, braindead, jakey neds the lot of them.

The Mighty Thor

**** me a new low for JKB.

A thread where the collective IQ of the protagonists fails to reach double figures.

good work.

Dunk-Section G

People questioning whether Hearts are a Protestant club must have only stumbled along to Tynecaslte recently or on very few occurences.

I dont consider HMFC to have such a staunch Loyalit foundation as Rangers but to claim we dont have one at all is nonsense and naieve.

One question tends to put paid to this.......Why, if we hve no such history, do we have fans singing such songs now and in days gone past?

People questioning whether Hearts are a Protestant club must have only stumbled along to Tynecaslte recently or on very few occurences.

I dont consider HMFC to have such a staunch Loyalit foundation as Rangers but to claim we dont have one at all is nonsense and naieve.

One question tends to put paid to this.......Why, if we hve no such history, do we have fans singing such songs now and in days gone past?

One question tends to put paid to your question - If Hearts are historically such a protestant / loyalist club, then why did my grandad have no memory of singing loyalist songs back in his day? If Hearts are historically such a protestant / loyalist club, then why did these songs (to my knowledge) only begin at the start of the troubles in NI?

You are aware i assume, that Hearts were formed nearly 100 years before the troubles in NI began.

we will not stop our songs nor will we , listen to u deluded plums on kickback.

So why post over 900 times on a board populated by PC Plums? There must be a huge Hearts Loyalist board on the web somewhere if we are such a big protestant club.

One question tends to put paid to this.......Why, if we hve no such history, do we have fans singing such songs now

The reason we have them now is because they are daft wee neds who are about as intelligent as Derek Riordan and don't know how to think for themselves.

Dunk-Section G

Yes, obviously the NI question has heightened the mentalitly.

But since Hearts have been perceived as the 'Establishment' club (i.e. Protestant) in comparison to Hibs we are viewed and taken as loyalists.

One question tends to put paid to your question - If Hearts are historically such a protestant / loyalist club, then why did my grandad have no memory of singing loyalist songs back in his day? If Hearts are historically such a protestant / loyalist club, then why did these songs (to my knowledge) only begin at the start of the troubles in NI?

You are aware i assume, that Hearts were formed nearly 100 years before the troubles in NI began.

A guy i know who went to Tynecastle throughout the 1950's and 1960's said the same to me. It's bull**** suggesting that this is our clubs tradition because it's simply not. The loyalist **** was adopted by the ned element in the 70's and 80's.

Dear oh ****ing dear. :eek:

Get a grip of reality FFS

So why post over 900 times on a board populated by PC Plums? There must be a huge Hearts Loyalist board on the web somewhere if we are such a big protestant club.

who mentioned us being a BIG loyalist club?

yet again jumping to conclusions.

Yes, obviously the NI question has heightened the mentalitly.

But since Hearts have been perceived as the 'Establishment' club (i.e. Protestant) in comparison to Hibs we are viewed and taken as loyalists.

"Heightened the mentality"?

To heighten it, you must be claiming that before the troubles in NI, we were already known for singing protestant / loyalist songs, just to a lesser degree.

Is this what you are claiming?

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I don't know why people get so worked up about it.

Just let them do what they want. It's not harming you.

As has been said, it's these guys who follow Hearts through thick and thin. Probably better supporters than a lot of people on this thread.

If they want to make an erse of themselves then fair enough, they will soon grow out of it.

We have all been there and sung daft songs. I remember the majority of Tynecastle singing Hello Hello FFS.

Dunk-Section G
A guy i know who went to Tynecastle throughout the 1950's and 1960's said the same to me. It's bull**** suggesting that this is our clubs tradition because it's simply not. The loyalist **** was adopted by the ned element in the 70's and 80's.

You seem to admit that it does have a history with Hearts.

Obviosuly a conflict is going to heighten sentiment, its natural. Thats why the Troubles obviously did.

Perhaps there is less a reason for it to occur now with the NI peace settlement - although there are still concerns over that. But the fighting is done. However, there should be not problems singing songs that concern British pride.

You seem to admit that it does have a history with Hearts.

Obviosuly a conflict is going to heighten sentiment, its natural. Thats why the Troubles obviously did.

Perhaps there is less a reason for it to occur now with the NI peace settlement - although there are still concerns over that. But the fighting is done. However, there should be not problems singing songs that concern British pride.

You seem to have missed my point.

I'm saying there's nothing traditional about bigotry and loyalism at Tynecastle. In terms of our entire history, these are relatively recent additions.

Dunk-Section G
"Heightened the mentality"?

To heighten it, you must be claiming that before the troubles in NI, we were already known for singing protestant / loyalist songs, just to a lesser degree.

Is this what you are claiming?

I wouldnt say for singing songs, but of being of a Protestant (not necessarily church going persuasion) and being loyal to the country.

However, with the attacks by the IRA this created a lot of tension as it always does in conflict.

Nearly all football clubs across the UK used to sing the Bobby Sands song for example.

Dunk-Section G
You seem to have missed my point.

I'm saying there's nothing traditional about bigotry and loyalism at Tynecastle. In terms of our entire history, these are relatively recent additions.

I accept that explicitly singing of anti-Irish and Catholic songs is a relatively new addition in terms of the long history of HMFC. But you must remember that in the past people were a lot more religious and affectionate to their country (Britain).

This meant that such singing was unlikely to take place as it was a status quo. Since there was a challenge to that things changed.

who mentioned us being a BIG loyalist club?

yet again jumping to conclusions.

Semantics mate. You claim in your posts that Hearts have and always have had a sizable loyalist fanbase. I dispute that and see imagery, terminology and songs borrowed from 45 miles to the west.

I wouldnt say for singing songs, but of being of a Protestant (not necessarily church going persuasion) and being loyal to the country.

However, with the attacks by the IRA this created a lot of tension as it always does in conflict.

Nearly all football clubs across the UK used to sing the Bobby Sands song for example.

Why were we known as a protestant club? Is it because the weeteam were known as a catholic club then we must have been the other way?

Nowhere in the clubs history (to my knowledge) has religion been in any way important to the club, the various owners, the backroom staff or the players.

Now were suddenly a religious organisation?

Welcome to the dark ages.

I accept that explicitly singing of anti-Irish and Catholic songs is a relatively new addition in terms of the long history of HMFC. But you must remember that in the past people were a lot more religious and affectionate to their country (Britain).

This meant that such singing was unlikely to take place as it was a status quo. Since there was a challenge to that things changed.

Do you think that these songs are being sung because the singers are fiercely religious people?

Do you think that tynie1874 goes to church?

Semantics mate. You claim in your posts that Hearts have and always have had a sizable loyalist fanbase. I dispute that and see imagery, terminology and songs borrowed from 45 miles to the west.

Great reply but undoubtedly wasted. Unlikely that squirrel brain will be able to deal with an ology.

Guest juvehearts
No, if people believe in terroists they need to go get themselves checked out many innocent people have been killed by these people and for that reason i despise them, as for cellic i dislike them and what they stand for.

no i don't assault fellow fans but i heard anything to do with cellic or ira or whatever being sung at a hearts game i would go and give the guy a mouthful of abuse as would a few other people most probably.

Only a mouthful of abuse?!

im sure that he'd/they get booted out of the staduim or pub!

Loyalist (join the orange lodge and celebrate it)

Irish Republican (join some marching band and celebrate it)

Protestant (get yourself along to the Kirk and celebrate it)

Roman Catholic (get yourself along to mass and celebrate it)

Jewish (get yourself along to the Synagoge and celebrate it)

Nationalist (Join the SNP and vote for them)

Unionist (Join the tories and vote for them)

Socialist (Join the Labour party or whoever and vote for them)

Communist (wave a red flag and remember the old days)

Me, i may be more than one of the above, but come Saturday at 3pm i am a Hearts fan and i do not know what any of the above have to do with supporting my team.

IMO football songs about my team or rivals will help drive my team on, not some songs which have nothing to do with football.

I have no problem with any Hearts fan next to me being any of the above as long as he leaves those beliefs behind for 90mins and gets right behind the Heart of Midlothian FC by belting out Hearts football songs.

He can then go and celebrate his beliefs (wether i agree with them or not) at an appropriate place as listed in above brackets.

Dunk-Section G
Do you think that these songs are being sung because the singers are fiercely religious people?

Do you think that tynie1874 goes to church?

I fear you are mising the point.

People were more religous in the pas, but because everyone was more or less of the same persuasion there was no need to to sing songs about it.

I have no idea about Tynie1974, neither do I wish too - it is not relevant to the basis of my point.

Archived