Poor Show !

Gaz

No Surrender, Hello hello, *** are not sectarian or bigotted if sung correctly. Along with No1 Platoon, Dollys Brae, Daddy's Uniform and The Sash to but name a few.

exactly speedbump, these songs are not sectarian but simple minded people who dont understand, but think they do, like to preach how they are sectarian and that anyone singing them are nothing but, neddish yobs, school bairns, or simple idiots. this is not the case some of the fans that i know who sing along top songs like the above mentioned are people who have jobs, who work hard through the week, cause no trouble in the life that they lead but seem to get branded like pieces of s***, when that is just not the case. These songs cause no harm to anyone.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
exactly speedbump, these songs are not sectarian but simple minded people who dont understand, but think they do, like to preach how they are sectarian and that anyone singing them are nothing but, neddish yobs, school bairns, or simple idiots. this is not the case some of the fans that i know who sing along top songs like the above mentioned are people who have jobs, who work hard through the week, cause no trouble in the life that they lead but seem to get branded like pieces of s***, when that is just not the case. These songs cause no harm to anyone.

But what do they add that other songs dont that has anything to do with football?

But what do they add that other songs dont that has anything to do with football?

when you get a lrge section of a crowd singing along to these songs and you DO get a significant number singing, then this can create atmosphere, as i said earlier, their voices seem to be the only ones that seem to be singing at tynecastle these days

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

How come these threads just keep going and going and going and going and going yet a thread about football falls away after a few replies.

Boring as feck.

when you get a lrge section of a crowd singing along to these songs and you DO get a significant number singing, then this can create atmosphere, as i said earlier, their voices seem to be the only ones that seem to be singing at tynecastle these days

And the same effect is not possible with other songs?

In fact surely more people would sing songs that didn't contain sectarian or bigoted lyrics?

So these would be better, no?

or is there something special about those certain songs that makes a select few want to sing them?

If so, what is that, and what is the connection with football?

please explain?

In fact surely more people would sing songs that didn't contain sectarian or bigoted lyrics?

But the songs don't contain sectarian or bigoted lyrics.

Terrific support from us today. A good version of Hello Hello and many Hearts songs.

As the OP said, there were a few others but that was from a group of 14-18 year old's sitting in the corner trying to act hard. Fair play to them, sung their hearts out and didn't back in to the boos they received.

How very noble. Tool.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Dictate to the users of KB? What? Because I assumed that the thread discussion would bear some relation to the thread title? Yeah, get me...total dictator... :biggrin:

You haven't read through this thread at all, have you?

Bear some relation to the thread title, and i suppose you were adhering to that when you posted in reference to kev?

no, didnt think so.

ToadKiller Dog

But they dont sing that type of song at tynie ,they only sing it away games where they can group together in a pub or one corner of the stand and feel brave,If that was an all ticket game they would not have been so loud .

They explain it themselves on that bebo page as Inverness is there next target as it will be the next chance they can group together for there cause.

The fact was that at Tannadump the atmosphere was good and that made the small group of around maybe 20/30(out of around 3000) in the top corner stick out like sore thumbs with there non football related look at me.i am a big man stuff.

Bear some relation to the thread title, and i suppose you were adhering to that when you posted in reference to kev?

I sure was.

Don't get huffy just because you missed the point of the whole thread. Happens to all of us.

:)

Guest S.U.S.S.
I sure was.

Don't get huffy just because you missed the point of the whole thread. Happens to all of us.

:)

Not huffy at all, just found it rather low trying to point score with something that has nothing to do with the thread regardless of how you wish to dress it up.:)

What about singing about fans of another team being gay ?

That is clearly homophobic by the 'letter of the law'. :rolleyes:

It clearly also does no harm.

I didn't see many people getting their knickers in a twist when that is sung against Hibs.

Who exactly are you not surrendering to when you sing"No Surrender"?

King James and his rebel army, hence guarding Old Derry's Walls;)

Guest S.U.S.S.

Really?

God, i thought it was not surrender to EA sports in protest to their constant churning out of updates for games rather than properly modifying the game play and engine.

Dear EA Sports, please accept my sincere apology.

Guest S.U.S.S.

I didn't see many people getting their knickers in a twist when that is sung against Hibs.

I also sing it to one of my mates as he is a big gay.

he loves it, and has on occasion, joined in, its like his theme tune.

Guest gorgie kev
I also sing it to one of my mates as he is a big gay.

he loves it, and has on occasion, joined in, its like his theme tune.

On several occasions the whole pub has joined in with this "anthem"Which makes the whole pub very bad people indeed.

Guest S.U.S.S.
On several occasions the whole pub has joined in with this "anthem"Which makes the whole pub very bad people indeed.

Does it tho? as we both know its a statement of fact.

The Mighty Thor
Can i ask what you (as in the 'we' above) believe in? The sectarianism, the bigotry, the racism or is it something else?

just curious.

dtb1874

I've bumped this up again as i missed what you said it was you believed in.

The Mighty Thor

I was there last summer. beautiful part of the world it is too.

However you better call up the troops again as when i was there they were left un-guarded. Not a single sword or shield to be seen anywhere.

dtb1874

I've bumped this up again as i missed what you said it was you believed in.

He's a daft wee ned, he'll need to check with one of the ringleaders why they do what they do first ;)

Guest S.U.S.S.
He's a daft wee ned, he'll need to check with one of the ringleaders why they do what they do first ;)

Is there really any need for personal abuse?

The Mighty Thor

alternatively perhaps he doesn't want to fess up and admit his prejudices.

the floor is all his.

Guest S.U.S.S.
'Personal abuse', err hardly, he's probably very proud of the fact.

No not hardly, you are being abusive towards him, no need to be.

Where is the line drawn?

If he called you a child molester would that be acceptable?

Nonce?

idiot?

fool?

silly man?

You singled him out for abuse imo. no need. The only way to avoid these threads becoming chaos is to avoid all personal digs. If you dont agree with his views or posts fair enough, but dont see why its acceptable to try and label and ridicule him because of it.

Thats im afraid would have to be another debate, because this one is about bigoted and sectarian songs and their benefit to Hearts and football.

I still dont have an explanation.

I was there last summer. beautiful part of the world it is too.

However you better call up the troops again as when i was there they were left un-guarded. Not a single sword or shield to be seen anywhere.

Londonderry is indeed a fine city, although I'm not made very welcome in certain areas of the town;) The walls are guarded every year in celebration:cool:

No not hardly, you are being abusive towards him, no need to be.

Where is the line drawn?

If he called you a child molester would that be acceptable?

Nonce?

idiot?

fool?

silly man?

You singled him out for abuse imo. no need. The only way to avoid these threads becoming chaos is to avoid all personal digs. If you dont agree with his views or posts fair enough, but dont see why its acceptable to try and label and ridicule him because of it.

LOL, comparing "a child molester" with "daft wee ned". Your very sensitive all of a sudden given half the s**t you preach on here.

Thats im afraid would have to be another debate, because this one is about bigoted and sectarian songs and their benefit to Hearts and football.

I still dont have an explanation.

now just becasue i have other things to do other than keep replying on this every two minutes hardly constitutes as me being a ned, in no way shape or form has there been any personal attacks coming from me to you, i resent being likened to a ned, as several memebr of this thread will tell you, i ain't. My opionion has been clearly stated in this thread already and if you want to know it then read back, i have nothing else to add to the subject as it is now boring me, not because you's have proved me wrong, but because this age old argument is starting to become tedious and quite frankly abusive, and i dont want to have myself drawn into it any further.

Not huffy at all, just found it rather low trying to point score with something that has nothing to do with the thread regardless of how you wish to dress it up.:)

What are you on about?

now just becasue i have other things to do other than keep replying on this every two minutes hardly constitutes as me being a ned, in no way shape or form has there been any personal attacks coming from me to you, i resent being likened to a ned, as several memebr of this thread will tell you, i ain't. My opionion has been clearly stated in this thread already and if you want to know it then read back, i have nothing else to add to the subject as it is now boring me, not because you's have proved me wrong, but because this age old argument is starting to become tedious and quite frankly abusive, and i dont want to have myself drawn into it any further.

You're not going to tell us what these mysterious beliefs are? Well, fancy that.

:laugh:

Guest S.U.S.S.
LOL, comparing "a child molester" with "daft wee ned". Your very sensitive all of a sudden given half the s**t you preach on here.

Not at all, i asked the question where is the line drawn?

awww, you think i post ****, im crushed, someone like yourself, thats opinion matters so much to me.

and i dont preach, i say things as i see them, not like some who say what they know others want to read.

Youv lost me.

I dont see anywhere where I called you a ned, or any other personal attack.

Youv lost me.

I dont see anywhere where I called you a ned, or any other personal attack.

my apologies it was magicT's that resorted to abuse not yourself

Not at all, i asked the question where is the line drawn?

You certainly seem to have a problem understanding what most normal human beings would see as the line being crossed if you can't see the difference between those examples and equally what songs would be acceptable in football grounds in 2008 !

Guest S.U.S.S.
You certainly seem to have a problem understanding what most normal human beings would see as the line being crossed if you can't see the difference between those examples and equally what songs would be acceptable in football grounds in 2008 !

So your not answering the question then.

Whats acceptable to one person may not be to another.

so resorting to petty name calling on threads like this isn't crossing the line

LOL. So singing bigoted, sectarian and racist songs whilst in the Heart of Midlothian Football Club section of an away ground isn't crossing the line then ? Sing it in your shi**y jakey pubs if you like but keep it away from Hearts matches where it has no releveance whatsoever.

LOL. So singing bigoted, sectarian and racist songs whilst in the Heart of Midlothian Football Club section of an away ground isn't crossing the line then ? Sing it in your shi**y jakey pubs if you like but keep it away from Hearts matches where it has no releveance whatsoever.

Isn't there agreement that these songs are mainly not any of the things you have stated above ?

Whether they are appropriate or not is the actual debate here.

Unless I have missed something. :rolleyes:

Guest S.U.S.S.
Yup, i'm such an attention seeker.

perhaps we could have a seperate forum,:)

attention seekers anonymous

the mhods could hide the usernames!

I can think of one or two posters that would love some anonymity! :)

They could just call it:

"I8, Acey & Bapswent section"

It would ago along the lines of:

"You're a dick"

"No you are"

"No you are the dick"

"Bigot"

"Handwringer"

"Attention seeker"

"Hun"

"**** you"

"**** you and your mother"

"I love birrds"

"You spelt bird wrong. Anyway what is a bird ? Do you like Starlings ?"

"Self pretentious dick"

"At least I am a pretentious dick who can spell - go back to school"

"I love birds"

The end

I was being serious about the attention seeking part.

I was unfortunate enough to be queuing behind a group of young lads (who looked like schemie wee neds) who were singing the songs mentioned in the OP whilst waiting to reach the gate. After each verse they grinned a buckfast-fuelled glakit-looking grin at each other then had a look at those around them in the queue to see if they were indeed the centre of attention.

Luckily, there was a ?25 gate further towards the centre of the stand that we decided to enter by.

They weren't at Falkirk

Hate to be a killjoy, but the Robbo's people were at Falkirk. Some of them were drinking in the same Sports Bar as we were, and were kind enough to offer us a lift down to the stadium on their fun bus. :cheese:

Unfortunately one of us had just got a round up. :)

Archived