Top Posters In This Topic

• Luckies1874

• Mikey1874

• Hearts007

• tian447

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

pettigrewsstylist

Dont think he has put himself any closer to a seat on the plane tonight. Not a bad performance but one of only a handful of chances gone. 

alicante jambo

You see mcginn has to do better there too . Hes miles away there.

Also to be considered is that he was up against Van Dijk and Ake, two of the best defenders in the world.

A very good performance. He won't let that miss worry him.

HeartsandonlyHearts

“Hearts” fans desperately trying to make Shankland a poor finisher now. 

GBJambo
Just now, pettigrewsstylist said:

Dont think he has put himself any closer to a seat on the plane tonight. Not a bad performance but one of only a handful of chances gone. 

You think we are only going with 2 strikers? 

boag1874
1 minute ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

He’ll be on the plane regardless. Showed way more tonight than Jacob Brown or Oli McBurnie ever did

Luckies1874
2 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

What is the point of carrying 4 goalies for friendlies if you’re not going to give them a half each over the two games. 

Why would you give them a half each? We know who the No1 is. I honestly wonder if people realise that 12 weeks today we play in the European Championships! 

Mikey1874
Just now, periodictabledancer said:

McGinn well off it  this half. 

The big challenge at this level to maintain the intensity for 90 minutes.

Scotland haven't quite managed it second half.

tian447
Just now, Luckies1874 said:

At the end of the day he got a start, played pretty well but blew it when the big moment arrived. Don’t think he did himself any harm this evening in fact I thought he contributed well but what an opportunity to underline his credentials he passed up. That he’ll still have doubters is on him nobody else! 

He's done well, and showed more effort and desire than Che Adams ever will. 

I don't think he's blown anything, he still had a good game against the 6th best team in the world.  It's not like he skied it over the bar or played it right at the goalkeeper, he was inches from scoring a sensational goal. 

He probably should have kept it low, but he'll have nightmares about that shot for the rest of his life. 

I'd rather have Shankland up front than any of our other strikers.  Adams, Dykes, or... shudder... Brown. 

Just now, tian447 said:

What about the other players who have ****ed chances? Christie, Gilmour, McGinn? 

Look m8 im as gutted as you but I've just watched it back and it's a terrible miss.

That's life he's blew it , score that and its a great debut 

Shankland will be gutted and ragin I would imagine. He's been burying them all season for us.

Luckies1874
Just now, boag1874 said:

He’ll be on the plane regardless. Showed way more tonight than Jacob Brown or Oli McBurnie ever did

He’s an absolute certainty. Missing the chance could be significant in terms of starting but he’ll get minutes on Tuesday as well. 

periodictabledancer

WTF was Gunn doing - dreadful ball out and we're  in trouble. 

He’s an absolute certainty. Missing the chance could be significant in terms of starting but he’ll get minutes on Tuesday as well. 

He is the only Scotsman who makes that chance tbf.

Gunn😳😳

Jambof3tornado
34 minutes ago, merrymac said:

When it crosses the line its pretty near to the post

Post yes but its not in the corner then is it?? 

pettigrewsstylist
2 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

You think we are only going with 2 strikers? 

Maybe just take one.

tiger Rudi
Just now, BigAlim said:

What happened to Souttar?

Liability just now

tian447

This result is what worries me about the Germany game, and the rest of the Euros. 

Scotland can do everything right in terms of possession and build up, but when we lack the clinical finishing that other teams have at this level, you suddenly find yourself a couple of goals down "against the run of play". 

It counts for nothing unless you can create opportunies to score from, and put them. Away. 

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, BigAlim said:

What happened to Souttar?

Left Hearts...got shit.

Luckies1874
1 minute ago, tian447 said:

He's done well, and showed more effort and desire than Che Adams ever will. 

I don't think he's blown anything, he still had a good game against the 6th best team in the world.  It's not like he skied it over the bar or played it right at the goalkeeper, he was inches from scoring a sensational goal. 

He probably should have kept it low, but he'll have nightmares about that shot for the rest of his life. 

I'd rather have Shankland up front than any of our other strikers.  Adams, Dykes, or... shudder... Brown. 

Agree with much of your post other than the shade you throw at Adams which is complete nonsense, probably as your disappointed by Shank’s finish. Adams effort, desire and attitude has been superb for Scotland, it’s his ability and goalscoring that is questionable. 

GBJambo
Just now, pettigrewsstylist said:

Maybe just take one.

Wouldn’t suprise me with Clarke 

tian447

Oh **** off McTominay. 

Free header. 

Finishing like that is what's going to cost us in the bigger games. 

Jack Torrance

Shankland put in a great shift tonight with the exception of that chance. Absolutely strengthened the case for him to go to the Euros.

Souttar shite since he came on.

Nelly Terraces

Zero wins in 6 games for Scotland. I'd be amazed if they get even a point at the Euros, or score more than 3 goals. 

DG_HMFC
8 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Yeah

He needed to score that, that probably killed his chances of starting at the Euros

Really? Adams and Dykes have mised multiple chances in a Scotland shirt.

Shankland has played really well tonight and linked up well. Should've scored, but shit happens. 

Fitzroy Pointon

This is how I see the Germany game going unless we remember where the net is. 

Jambof3tornado
28 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Screenshot-20240322-205327-Chrome.jpg

It really is though, isn't it. 

Gunns 2 hands nearly reach it,nowhere near the corner boys!!!!

Mikey1874

This result is what worries me about the Germany game, and the rest of the Euros. 

Scotland can do everything right in terms of possession and build up, but when we lack the clinical finishing that other teams have at this level, you suddenly find yourself a couple of goals down "against the run of play". 

It counts for nothing unless you can create opportunies to score from, and put them. Away. 

Good summary of where we are.

Give Shankland more chances I say.

periodictabledancer

Nothing new. We don't have a Kane or Bellingham and we'll struggle to score. Still been a good performance. 

tian447

Agree with much of your post other than the shade you throw at Adams which is complete nonsense, probably as your disappointed by Shank’s finish. Adams effort, desire and attitude has been superb for Scotland, it’s his ability and goalscoring that is questionable. 

Yeah, good point, it's an emotional response other than anything else. Adams does the business that he needs to do. He would be good in a partnership with Shankland imo. Adams to do the battling, and Shanks to finish the chances. 

Luckies1874
3 minutes ago, tian447 said:

I’d take us playing and creating like we have tonight at the Euro’s. We’ll get results if we do. Add in Hickey’s presence and despite the score tonight there is plenty to be encouraged about. 

Edited by Luckies1874

Albert McFly

It's clear some on here have never played the game at any level, it's unlucky nothing else he's hit the target just not scored 

I bet you guys score every chance you get at the 5s on Thursday!