Top Posters In This Topic

• Luckies1874

• Mikey1874

• Hearts007

• tian447

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

periodictabledancer

Looking at the performance up to the subs - well happy, looked good, should've scored. 

Shanks goes.

Soutter can go on holiday. 

Lots to feel good about, nothing new in our lack of goals.

Some folk need to calm doon. 

4 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

If he’d hit the target he would have scored, he didn’t!  Ask the bookies about that. 

He could have smashed it against the keeper, that's a shot on target and he doesn't score. Ask the bookies about that.

Hearts1975

Its almost like we onl;y believed we could win the game, when we were level with them 

That first goal just seemed to knock the stuffing out of us .... certainly when the 2nd went in, the heads were completely down 

and now the mistakes are happening all over the shop 

Need to sort this bit out .... everything to do with mentality 

Mikey1874

The indication is whether Shankland starts against N.Ireland.

But I do think he will go to the Euros. He showed he can play centre forward in this Scotland set up and was already on the plane as the late supersub. 

Hearts007
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

The indication is whether Shankland starts against N.Ireland.

But I do think he will go to the Euros. He showed he can play centre forward in this Scotland set up and was already on the plane as the late supersub. 

Has to

pettigrewsstylist
4 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

Agree but he's the new boy.  He'll be gutted he didn't score when hitting the crossbar.  As other have noted, he's not the only player to miss golden opportunities, but unfortunately Clark will note his.

He is the one trying to force his way in. Massive opportunity missed.

alicante jambo
Just now, Hearts007 said:

should have been 5

Could have been more tbh. First 50 minutes maybe 60 we played really good and could have had 2 goals. Our man played well hopefully starts next game wee bit more experience at this level. Subs cost us thos game but this is what friendlies are all about clarke will see his subs are not 100% on the plane yet.

Hearts1975
1 minute ago, Homme said:

Soutter is an absolute train wreck.

He had a mare but he slotted in at LCB. 

Thought he was always better in the centre, or on the right hand side. 

Central Belt 1874

Shambolic defensively last 20 minutes. 

Could have been comfortably leading by 2 or 3 if we had taken our pretty straight forward chances. 

Like the previous Euro tournament performances. 

Still only a friendly but cant afford to be so wasteful at this level. 

Hearts007
Just now, alicante jambo said:

Could have been more tbh. First 50 minutes maybe 60 we played really good and could have had 2 goals. Our man played well hopefully starts next game wee bit more experience at this level. Subs cost us thos game but this is what friendlies are all about clarke will see his subs are not 100% on the plane yet.

yup

VALDOS'

Individual errors costing goals and not taking chances, that's going to kill you at international level, this is unfortunately preparing us for the reality of the Euros

tiger Rudi
Just now, Hearts1975 said:

He has been playing on the left for Rangers. Can't see him going to the Euros now. 

vegas-voss
29 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Shankland off. 

There's the excuse not to start him in future games for the doubters. 

Doubters just look at this thread our own fans doubting him ****ing mental

Just now, periodictabledancer said:

Looking at the performance up to the subs - well happy, looked good, should've scored. 

Shanks goes.

Soutter can go on holiday. 

Lots to feel good about, nothing new in our lack of goals.

Some folk need to calm doon. 

Absolutely. We won't be making large scale changes like that at the Euros during matches. That first XI was very impressive tonight and maybe give or take a player or two max I don't think we can get stronger. 

Give Shankland the nod and work, work, work with him and the midfield / Robertson and Patterson.

Just the finishing was poor from all involved tonight. It happens.

Lots of positives tonight. If anything Steve Clark has learned who maybe shouldn't be featuring and thats a positive thing too.

periodictabledancer
Just now, Hearts1975 said:

If not for the call offs  he'd never  have got on the pitch. 

Career was over years ago. 

In fairness central defence has been a problem area for Scotland for a long time now. Who was the last top class centre-half to play for Scotland? Off the top of my head I'm thinking Colin Hendry. Even Colin Calderwood, who was solid rather than top-drawer, was considerably better than any of the current lot IMO - as was Cristophe Berra in his prime.

Mikey1874
2 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

He is the one trying to force his way in. Massive opportunity missed.

You think Shankland played badly?

I don't believe anyone in Scotland set including Clarke puts any negative on the miss. 

Christie and McTominay dropped then too. 

tiger Rudi
3 minutes ago, Australis said:

Dykes and Adams if Shanks is not playing.

Fills me with gloom.

Dykes and Shanks should be the way to go. Certainly on Tuesday anyway. 

Goalkeeper and defence pretty awful.

Been letting in far too many goals recently.

Even Hungary and Switzerland will open us up at the Euros with ease unless we sort it out

tian447
3 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Doubters just look at this thread our own fans doubting him ****ing mental

Absolute madness. He created chances tonight, and was 2 inches away from scoring an absolute peach. 

Better than the others tonight. Be interesting to see if he starts in the Norn Iron game. He absolutely should on the back of tonight :thumbsup:

12 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Unfortunately, if Shanks made it 1-1, we probably wouldn't be looking at this kind of result. 

A harsh lesson for us ahead of some very, very important games at the Euros. 

I was thinking the same but when you really think about it no chance that current bunch of national players let that miss bother them for the rest of the game. The 2nd was more of a killer for me 

vegas-voss
Just now, tian447 said:

Absolute madness. He created chances tonight, and was 2 inches away from scoring an absolute peach. 

Better than the others tonight. Be interesting to see if he starts in the Norn Iron game. He absolutely should on the back of tonight :thumbsup:

👍

Hearts1975
5 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

He has been playing on the left for Rangers. Can't see him going to the Euros now. 

4 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

If not for the call offs  he'd never  have got on the pitch. 

Career was over years ago. 

Not looking likely ... like i said though, he is much weaker on the left ... Always thought that, tbh 

Boyces beard

Shanks played well, should have scored but his over all game against a top centre half was good. 

tian447
Just now, KG1874 said:

I was thinking the same but when you really think about it no chance that current bunch of national players let that miss bother them for the rest of the game. The 2nd was more of a killer for me 

True, at that stage of the game they'd have thought (surely) they were very much still in it, and a goal was there for the taking. 

It's a lesson on what the better European teams will do to you if you give them the chance (or don't take your own). Probably a good reality check for them ahead of the Euros, and something that we've got 3 months to work on. 

PaintTheTownMaroon
1 minute ago, Gordon Zola said:

gordon to start on tuesday

Why is everyone assuming Gordon is next in line? If anyone other than Gunn is starting it’s going to be Clark.

Psychedelicropcircle

You can tell he talked some shite in our dressing room the way he’s waffling on 

VALDOS'

Shankland will have learned tonight that at this level you will get one very good chance in a game, two if your extremely lucky...you HAVE to work with that and nothing else. Despite his age, he's extremely inexperienced at this level, the very reason he needs to play in all the remaining games between now and the euros

DG_HMFC

All the daft ***** are out in force on social media calling for Shanks to never play again. Wankers.

iantjambo
10 minutes ago, cazzyy said:

:rofl: 😟

Genuinely scratching my head at the score. We played well enough, especially in the first half. They gave us a lesson in finishing though.

Gundermann
13 minutes ago, Homme said:

Soutter is an absolute train wreck.

Souttar is a liability. Angus Gunn not that good either. 

Shankland's miss though... McTominay too.

Edited by Gundermann

Jack Torrance

Great comments from McGinn. Spot on about everything including Shanks.

AlimOzturk

Shanks misses one chance - never play again ffs. He actually played very well. 

Wouldn’t get this treatment if he played in England or one of the OF

Shanks did well up against VDV. Unlucky with his chance. 

Souttar was ****ing horrendous however. That collapse was unacceptable. Scotland were the better team for most of that match. 

gnasher75

Shankland didn't look out of place.  Inches away from being the hero. Has done his chances no harm.

Scotland were excellent for three quarters of the game. Our subs weakened our team while they brought on absolute quality.

Gunn had a couple of good saves but overall I am not seeing why he deserves to be no.1. I still think Gordon's experience and leadership gives him a chance of getting the jersey.

ShedBoy
1 minute ago, Gundermann said:

Souttar is a liability. Angus Gunn not that good either. 

Shankland's miss though...

Nailed the 90 mins 

VALDOS'

Also i hope Clarke understands now you do not take Gilmour off if he is fit, it started to collapse as soon as he wasn't there

tiger Rudi
5 minutes ago, Boyces beard said:

Shanks played well, should have scored but his over all game against a top centre half was good. 

Yes it certainly was. Add Hickey and Mcgregor to that starting line up and we shouldn't be scared of Germany. We need to play with the same confidence and ball retention. For me, that excludes Dykes and Adams. 

tiger Rudi
2 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

Also i hope Clarke understands now you do not take Gilmour off if he is fit, it started to collapse as soon as he wasn't there

Yes, and how important Tierney is to our chances too. 

Really impressed by Shanks, some great link play, lead the press well and cut off passing lanes to their no 6, forced them long. Very tough shift v VDV, that guy is ****ing enormous, absolutely rapid at reading situations and Shanks did well. He shouldn't be too frustrated with the chance. 

Great comments from McGinn. Robbo on now, absolutely spot on about the way it went. 

Well, I don't say this often, if at all, we were the better side but lost 4-0.   

Shankland massive one on one should be scored by his standards.   Bit disappointing. 

😵‍💫

For 60 minutes we were the better team so need to take encouragement from that. Shankland played well but he will be sick he missed the only chance he had

Scallywag

Quite happy with that tonight. We collapsed with the subs but if we had to play them again I would fancy our chances.

Gutted for shanks that didn't go in, but overall he played very well.