Scotland Euro Friendlies

Mikey1874

tiger Rudi

Has Adams touched the ball yet? Shankland's allround play doesn't get credit it deserves.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Luckies1874

• Mikey1874

• Hearts007

• tian447

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oda be a JT
11 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

He’s been honk tonight. Doesn’t fit with style of play

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Philfigo

We really should have had 3 if not 4 goals tonight! Doest matter how good we play and nice passing etc find the net first and foremost. Shankland will be gutted he simply has to score.

pettigrewsstylist
1 minute ago, Jack Torrance said:

Shankland put in a great shift tonight with the exception of that chance. Absolutely strengthened the case for him to go to the Euros.

Souttar shite since he came on.

To be fair i doubt SC is needing to test his finishing,so yeah a competent demonstration of strength, touch and awareness tonight is probably more what he needed to show. He did fine in that regard against a top top side.

alicante jambo
1 minute ago, Luckies1874 said:

I’d take I’d playing and creating like we have tonight at the Euro’s. We’ll get results if we do. Add in Hickey’s presence and despite the score tonight there is plenty to be encouraged about. 

Deffinately. We wont have as many chances and no score. Its looking pretty positive. We have held our own tonight.

There will be a lot of talk about a good performance but ultimately we could lose this 3-0 or more easily

Hearts007
Just now, Philfigo said:

We really should have had 3 if not 4 goals tonight! Doest matter how good we play and nice passing etc find the net first and foremost. Shankland will be gutted he simply has to score.

so did McTominay

Philfigo
1 minute ago, tiger Rudi said:

Has Adams touched the ball yet? Shankland's allround play doesn't get credit it deserves.

Absolutely he links play so so well, just score that goal and he is a starter.

pettigrewsstylist
2 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

I’d take us playing and creating like we have tonight at the Euro’s. We’ll get results if we do. Add in Hickey’s presence and despite the score tonight there is plenty to be encouraged about. 

The first hour was really excellent from Scotland in so many areas. The subs have fecked it.

Mikey1874
1 minute ago, Philfigo said:

He'll have forgotten about it. That's what you do. He is confident in his ability not to be bothered by a miss.

Hearts007
Just now, Philfigo said:

So did Christie 

yup but it all seems to fall on shanks for some reason

tian447
1 minute ago, Luckies1874 said:

I’d take us playing and creating like we have tonight at the Euro’s. We’ll get results if we do. Add in Hickey’s presence and despite the score tonight there is plenty to be encouraged about. 

The problem is when it ends up 3-0 or 4-0 and the goodwill definitely slips away. 

Scotland have done very well tonight, and have had 3 or 4 excellent chances to score. We put them all away and we're running away with beating one of the best teams in the world (6th best on rankings). 

Problem is, we haven't laid a glove on them where it matters. 

Totally agree that it is better playing well and getting beat, than playing shite and getting beat... But it's still a sore one to take. 

We won't always get it our way, and we need to be better in front of goal. We've squandered a good few chances tonight, and the result has ended up getting away from us. Doesn't matter in a friendly, but if we do this in the Euros, we'll be done after 270 minutes. 

On another night Shanks scores two. In the first half when Gilmour robs the defender and the ball breaks to Shanks, if he swivels rather than playing back to Gilmour, he has an empty net to aim at.

Luckies1874
1 minute ago, Philfigo said:

Expected goals are .98 them and 1.38 us. If we weren’t creating and looking dangerous it would be far more worrying heading to Germany. Goals haven’t been as big an issue with the squad and I don’t think they will be if we keep playing with the fluidity we have. I’d rather we got the luck in June too! 

PaddysBar
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

He'll have forgotten about it. That's what you do. He is confident in his ability not to be bothered by a miss.

Not this one I don’t think. Just him and the goalie. Plenty time. 

That will weigh heavy, not for long but not forgotten straight away. 

Pans Jambo

Up to his miss Shanks did nothing wrong. In fact he did well with a few of his link up plays and got involved. His miss was a shocker though. Would put yer mortgage on him scoring that. Hopefully he gets another chance. 

tian447

There you go, 3-0.

Suddenly it goes from Scotland harshly 

being beat against the run of play to just being pumped. 

PortyJambo
5 minutes ago, tian447 said:

This result is what worries me about the Germany game, and the rest of the Euros. 

Scotland can do everything right in terms of possession and build up, but when we lack the clinical finishing that other teams have at this level, you suddenly find yourself a couple of goals down "against the run of play". 

It counts for nothing unless you can create opportunies to score from, and put them. Away. 

And that's why Clarke has to stick with Shankland, Adams and Dykes, decent though they are, are not clinical finishers. Shankland can be if he'll keep giving him the chance to show it. His other play tonight holding it up and laying it off for other should be just what Clarke wants.

If you had to score a goal, who would you rather have, Shankland, Adams, Dykes or, shudder, Jacob Brown? I'd like to think Clarke isn't quite so stubborn to not realise the answer.

Luckies1874
1 minute ago, tian447 said:

The problem is when it ends up 3-0 or 4-0 and the goodwill definitely slips away. 

Scotland have done very well tonight, and have had 3 or 4 excellent chances to score. We put them all away and we're running away with beating one of the best teams in the world (6th best on rankings). 

Problem is, we haven't laid a glove on them where it matters. 

Totally agree that it is better playing well and getting beat, than playing shite and getting beat... But it's still a sore one to take. 

We won't always get it our way, and we need to be better in front of goal. We've squandered a good few chances tonight, and the result has ended up getting away from us. Doesn't matter in a friendly, but if we do this in the Euros, we'll be done after 270 minutes. 

Fair. As I said in another reply though I think we take the positives and move on knowing what we are capable of. I’d rather we buried these opportunities in June! 

Hearts1975

Yup. Absolutely. Hit the bar twice. Christies was a great leap and Shanks scores that, 9 times out of 10. 

Its simply 2 clinical moments that is the difference in the game. We have broke up play well, and got bodies into their half 

Folk forget - For the last 30 years we have been camped in our half, watching through our fingers ......... Its night and day to what it was before and simply, massive strides under Clarks leadership 

Not all doom and gloom - We have shown over 90 minutes we can compete. Its just these clinical moments ... As much as that, Souttar lost his marker for the 2nd, and the first was a worldly, but we could have got out and shut him down quicker 

Its the perfect friendly for whats to come against Germany. Im not to dissapointed at all - just with the result as we were more than in this and caused them problems at the back 

PaddysBar

Gunn is shite. 

Edit. Just to clarify I’m not blaming him for the 3rd but he’s been less than impressive. 

Edited by PaddysBar

Fozzyonthefence
17 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Aye same, I don’t think Germany will pump us

Defend like this and they will.

Pans Jambo
Just now, PaddysBar said:

Gunn is shite. 

Seconded. 

tian447

You don't take your chances at this level, and this is what happens. 

A very harsh, and probably needed, lesson for us ahead of the Euros. 

merrymac
9 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Post yes but its not in the corner then is it?? 

Did I say it was ?

Harry Potter
6 minutes ago, Albert McFly said:

It's clear some on here have never played the game at any level, it's unlucky nothing else he's hit the target just not scored 

I bet you guys score every chance you get at the 5s on Thursday! 

😅

Hearts1975
Just now, Hearts1975 said:

Yup. Absolutely. Hit the bar twice. Christies was a great leap and Shanks scores that, 9 times out of 10. 

Its simply 2 clinical moments that is the difference in the game. We have broke up play well, and got bodies into their half 

Folk forget - For the last 30 years we have been camped in our half, watching through our fingers ......... Its night and day to what it was before and simply, massive strides under Clarks leadership 

Not all doom and gloom - We have shown over 90 minutes we can compete. Its just these clinical moments ... As much as that, Souttar lost his marker for the 2nd, and the first was a worldly, but we could have got out and shut him down quicker 

Its the perfect friendly for whats to come against Germany. Im not to dissapointed at all - just with the result as we were more than in this and caused them problems at the back 

Should learn to shut ma trap :( 

colinmaroon

It reminds me of Hearts decades ago, outplayed Rangers at Ibrox and losing 3-0.

periodictabledancer

Expected goals are .98 them and 1.38 us. If we weren’t creating and looking dangerous it would be far more worrying heading to Germany. Goals haven’t been as big an issue with the squad and I don’t think they will be if we keep playing with the fluidity we have. I’d rather we got the luck in June too! 

Good post.

alicante jambo

God thats poor. Michael stewart a pain in the arse just repeating himself.

Madjambo21
4 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

To be fair i doubt SC is needing to test his finishing,so yeah a competent demonstration of strength, touch and awareness tonight is probably more what he needed to show. He did fine in that regard against a top top side.

Shanks should have put that chance away but I thought his link up play tonight was great.

I'd thought he might struggle on that side of his game but gladly proven wrong.

It’s four.

This really isn’t good tbh, despite what the pundits will say