Hung out to dry.

Hopefully not.

Edited by joondalupjambo

Gundermann
1 minute ago, BigAlim said:

Put Van Dijk in his arse Shanks :yas:

:oohmatron:

Jam bog

Not the best game to start IMO. Could be hung out to dry playing against Van Dyke

BigAlim
Just now, Gundermann said:

:oohmatron:

:rofl:

I’m not even going to edit that

Boyces beard

Reckon Shanks will get the 1st half with another striker getting the 2nd half, same when we play Northern Ireland at Hampden so he will get his chance to show what he can do against teams at different ends of the spectrum.

Luckies1874

Moaning when he doesn’t start. Moaning when he does. How predictable! 

Stendelnator
3 minutes ago, Jam bog said:

Not the best game to start IMO. Could be hung out to dry playing against Van Dyke

If he wants to start in the Euros he'll be up against top defences in all the games.

Mikey1874

High confidence in Shankland to start against Holland. Fair play.

Steve Clarke said they are going to try something different tonight. 

Jam bog
3 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

If he wants to start in the Euros he'll be up against top defences in all the games.

Agree but call me a cynic. Think Clark has picked him in this fixture expecting him to fail. 

joondalupjambo
7 minutes ago, ecky92 said:

How ??

If we are under the cosh for the majority of the game then we will not see him at his best was my thinking. Sub tonight and on from start for NI game perhaps better.  Hopefully I am wrong and he plays a stormer, scores tonight and seals his place for the Euros.

GBJambo
2 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

If we are under the cosh for the majority of the game then we will not see him at his best was my thinking. Sub tonight and on from start for NI game perhaps better.  Hopefully I am wrong and he plays a stormer, scores tonight and seals his place for the Euros.

He’s  going regardless if he scores tonight. 

We aren’t going with just 2 strikers 

Edited by GBJambo

JimmyCant
12 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Hung out to dry.

Hopefully not.

More like - In at the deep end’ for me. Let’s see if he sinks or swims. He’s good enough. Good luck Shanks

Mikey1874
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Jam bog said:

Agree but call me a cynic. Think Clark has picked him in this fixture expecting him to fail. 

No. He's trying a system that will hopefully suit Shankland. I don't think there's much doubt Shankland has earned this chance. And mainly it will depend on the other players to create chances for him. 

Maybe Clarke is changing the system for Shankland.

Edited by Mikey1874

He is getting a chance and it is up to him to take it . I believe in the lad 

Gundermann

Shanks has scored against the Ugly Sisters' and their international medley of millionaires. The Dutch shouldn't scare him too much. Pop-stars boyfriends, that's all they are.

Go for it 1308
16 minutes ago, Jam bog said:

That's the spirit 😂

Fxxx the SPFL

Van Dyke isn’t brilliant always looking to blame other players 

iantjambo
18 minutes ago, Jam bog said:

:cornette:

How we going to find out if he can play against the best of we don’t play him against the best.

This place never ceases to amaze me :rofl:

iantjambo
11 minutes ago, Jam bog said:

**** me. You’re having an absolute ‘mare here, son.

Fozzyonthefence
15 minutes ago, ecky92 said:

How ??

An away game against Netherlands up against the best Centre Back in the world isn’t exactly a chance to shine.   I’d rather see him get full 90 v N Ireland.  I just don’t think Clarke will give him many chances to stake his claim.  The other argument of course is that this is the kind of opposition he can come up against in Germany (although I’d argue Hungary and Switzerland aren’t as good and possibly Germany at the moment too).  

Great to see him start but hopefully not at the expense of him getting chances in the other friendlies. 

Luckies1874
11 minutes ago, Jam bog said:

Yeah I’m sure that’s what motivates the national manager. JFC. :rofl:

Diadora Van Basten

I think that being picked against Holland is a good sign as they are going to be more comparable to the teams we will play in the Euros.

I would think the team v Holland will be close to our first eleven.

Just now, Dennis Reynolds said:

Shankland 4/1 anytime. Having a bit of that.

Ooofffft. I'm going for it too.

Luckies1874
6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

He is getting a chance and it is up to him to take it . I believe in the lad 

Is the correct response. It’s one of the greatest nights of his career, leading the line for Scotland in Amsterdam. Tremendous! 

1 minute ago, Luckies1874 said:

Is the correct response. It’s one of the greatest nights of his career, leading the line for Scotland in Amsterdam. Tremendous! 

Absolutely and he is such a likeable guy , it is hard to feel anything other than pride in the guy

Thunder and Lightning
17 minutes ago, Jam bog said:

Yeah, the Scotland manager will be desperate for a striker that's on fire to fail. 

Ffs. 

iantjambo
2 minutes ago, Arfur said:

What’s Lewis Ferguson got to do to get a game?

Come on Shanks!

Clarke doesn’t seem to think that he’s good enough yet. Even though he’s smashing it in Serie A. 
My one big worry about Clarke is that he seems to be overly loyal with his favourites and seems reluctant at times to try other players.

He reminds me a lot of Craig Brown in that respect.

iantjambo
Just now, Thunder and Lightning said:

Yeah, the Scotland manager will be desperate for a striker that's on fire to fail. 

Ffs. 

Honestly, the absolute shite that pours out of some peoples mouths is incredible.

Jam bog
8 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

**** me. You’re having an absolute ‘mare here, son.

What, so you don’t think Clark shows too much loyalty to his tried and tested son?

Thunder and Lightning
3 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Honestly, the absolute shite that pours out of some peoples mouths is incredible.

Aye, Shanks isn't starting on merit. It's just to discredit him. 😂 

rmreido

Delighted, Shanklands getting a start, hope he does himself justice for future matches.

Randy Marsh
2 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Clarke doesn’t seem to think that he’s good enough yet. Even though he’s smashing it in Serie A. 
My one big worry about Clarke is that he seems to be overly loyal with his favourites and seems reluctant at times to try other players.

He reminds me a lot of Craig Brown in that respect.

Agreed.  He was too loyal with Marshall at the last EUROS and it cost us badly against the Czech Republic in the first match.  It was clear at the time he wasn't on good form domestically.

Luckies1874
1 minute ago, Jam bog said:

What, so you don’t think Clark shows too much loyalty to his tried and tested son?

Fun sound bite based on very little. Can you point out who is involved currently who shouldn’t be. Cheers. 

iantjambo
3 minutes ago, Jam bog said:

I’ve already said that he does. 
But he’s clearly started Shanks tonight because he’s Scotlands form striker and not because he wants him to fail.

Jack Torrance

Some amount of slaver grenades on here. Guessing the Facebook page must be down.

Good luck tonight captain. 

:Shanks:

Luckies1874
1 minute ago, Randy Marsh said:

Agreed.  He was too loyal with Marshall at the last EUROS and it cost us badly against the Czech Republic in the first match.  It was clear at the time he wasn't on good form domestically.

Ferguson will get game time both before and at the Euros. It’s an area of the team that is particularly strong but it’s brilliant we have that depth. Taking nothing away from his superb season people do underestimate the likes of Christie who has had an outstanding season with Bournemouth, starts every week in the EPL and has performed consistently well for Scotland. Like Shanks, Ferguson’s time is coming. 

waterboy11
37 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Hung out to dry.

Hopefully not.

This in spades. Up front on his own against two giants. 

Cameronstheman

Clarke annoys me at times, but what Manager doesn't and he's done amazing in recently  

But I remember he would play Patterson (who could not get in the Everton team) ahead of Hickey who was getting praise in Italy and only played Hickey after Patterson got injured .Think Clarke deffo has his favs, but that's his job to pick the team Re of my moan

2-2 Mon Shanks 

Edited by Cameronstheman

tiger Rudi
31 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Moaning when he doesn’t start. Moaning when he does. How predictable! 

I know.... He's going to be up against the best at the Euros, if he can do well tonight, he might just get a start when we get there. Fingers crossed for him, I'm sure he's up for this tonight.