Scottish Cup Semi Final Ticket Thread - on sale Wed 27/3

RustyRightPeg

Fozzyonthefence
2 hours ago, richardhateshibs said:

It's just another example of how badly Scottish Football is governed, where its very possible the third largest fanbase in the country are not given an equal split of tickets for the national Cup semi final. 

Can you imagine if Arsenal were offered 40% of Wembley because they were playing Liverpool or Man Utd. 

Arsenal would sell 50% though, we won’t.  The club knows we won’t, we know we won’t so I don’t really understand why some people always get so angry every time this happens.  

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fozzyonthefence

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Luckies1874

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

periodictabledancer
8 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Seems us and Aberdeen have another battle on our hands to justify why we should get a fair split on the tickets...

Because we have a poor history of selling tickets for any SF , other than a public sale , because many ST holders don't go/won't go - they don't have to, they'll get tickets for any final anyway. 

There is zero chance of selling out 50% against The Rangers for that reason.

We won't get 50%.

RustyRightPeg

I've even seen Rangers fans saying it should be 50/50 yet the negative Norman's on this place always rise to the top.

8 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Arsenal would sell 50% though, we won’t.  The club knows we won’t, we know we won’t so I don’t really understand why some people always get so angry every time this happens.  

Would rather empty seats in the Hearts end than more Huns myself.

Not really a neutral venue otherwise.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, kila said:

Would rather empty seats in the Hearts end than more Huns myself.

Not really a neutral venue otherwise.

I doubt the SFA would be happy with that given the financial loss. If it was Livi v Rangers in the final should they leave 15,000 seats empty in the interests of 'neutrality'?

David McCaig
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I doubt the SFA would be happy with that given the financial loss. If it was Livi v Rangers in the final should they leave 15,000 seats empty in the interests of 'neutrality'?

The fair compromise is that clubs are automatically entitled to a 50/50 split but have to pay for any unsold tickets.

davemclaren
Just now, David McCaig said:

The fair compromise is that clubs are automatically entitled to a 50/50 split but have to pay for any unsold tickets.

Certainly focuses club minds. 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

I’d be in favour :D Livi could cover the chunks of empty seats with flags etc. But at least it’d be a neutral venue.

I appreciate it’s all about the money but sporting integrity should rise above that.  It’s shite watching for a neutral if one team has 90% of the ground, all the noise etc. Can blame the other team for not having enough fans but they’ll never get more fans to Hampden if they’re just there to make up the numbers in the corner. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Its utterly ridiculous counter bias.

David McCaig
7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Certainly focuses club minds. 

it means clubs only claim the entitlement if they genuinely think they can sell the tickets.

dontkillbill

Surely we could start at 50/50 but if we haven't sold enough by a certain point, then they go back over. That seems fair. 

Equally though, the league cup semi sales were flying, we sold out of the initial allocation and then the SPFL took ages to get the next bunch of tickets over to us and the sales never really recovered, so the club should be direct in asking for our full allocation to start with rather than drip fed.

Jambo-Fox

There’s a simple way of selling a 50% allocation - just let all season ticket holders buy 2 tickets from day one of sales!  Followed by the same for supporters with 5+ loyalty points. Then one ticket for anyone with a purchase history! 

jamboozy
13 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

There’s a simple way of selling a 50% allocation - just let all season ticket holders buy 2 tickets from day one of sales!  Followed by the same for supporters with 5+ loyalty points. Then one ticket for anyone with a purchase history! 

This is what I would like to happen.

I agree totally with a 50/50 split for both semis but would also add the provision of the following 

Cash paid  upfront for tickets  by all four clubs .

or Hearts/ Aberdeen instructed to sell by section then allowing any unsold ticket tickets returned to guarantee a sell out . 

This generates more cash for the four semi-finalists .

No Idle Talk

I think in the wake of comments from one or two of our players after the capitulation at Ibrox, it is important that the club leave no stone unturned in order to try and secure the 50/50 split. 

I was at the league cup semi final and it did feel a bit like a home game for Rangers. It wasn't right. 

1971fozzy
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

and the other semi finalists also. I’m pretty sure the semi final gate receipts are pooled together and split 4 ways (I’m sure I read that)

richardhateshibs
11 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

You don't understand why some people get angry about not being given the opportunity to try and sell out a 50% share of an allocation for a National Cup Semi Final? 

If we can't sell them then hand them back and allow them to be sold to Rangers fans. For the starting point to be any less than 50% is wrong. 

It's not as if Hearts have never sold out half of Hampden in the recent past. Did we not take about 33000 to Hampden against St Mirren in recent history? 

davemclaren
26 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

and the other semi finalists also. I’m pretty sure the semi final gate receipts are pooled together and split 4 ways (I’m sure I read that)

They are. 

13 minutes ago, richardhateshibs said:

You don't understand why some people get angry about not being given the opportunity to try and sell out a 50% share of an allocation for a National Cup Semi Final? 

If we can't sell them then hand them back and allow them to be sold to Rangers fans. For the starting point to be any less than 50% is wrong. 

It's not as if Hearts have never sold out half of Hampden in the recent past. Did we not take about 33000 to Hampden against St Mirren in recent history? 

And about 40k v Gretna.

Debut 4
12 minutes ago, richardhateshibs said:

28,29,000 I think for that game but that was a Final. 

It’s just reality.  Aye, we can stand our ground and feel good that we got our fair split to start with but the fact is, many football fans are sceptical and base their attendance on the record versus the coming opponent. 

I’ve already been told that 4,5 aren’t going that normally go on the bus we organise for trips to Hampden. The same group that didn’t go to the league cup semi but they are ST holders and (very) long time Hearts fans.  Some will scoff but they’ve attended everything before that.  

I’ll be there as will many of my close friends and football acquaintances but I can only see us selling similar to the League Cup semi. Possibly a touch more because it’s the Scottish Cup which interests some people more than the league cup.  

Lovecraft

Move the game to Murrayfield, then offer us 50% of the tickets.  I bet they would sell out easily.

Shaggy2
2 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

How does that work with 15,000 season ticket holders? Theoretically (I know it won’t be the case) the first 11,000 to buy 2 tickets could potentially leave 4,000 ST holders ticketless. Not thought through. 👍

Mikey1874

In the story this morning about Aberdeen demanding a 50/50 split says there is a meeting with the SFA today. 

BlueRiver
19 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

And about 40k v Gretna.

Going by some of the comments on here it should've been a 50/50 split with any unsold by Gretna left empty 🙄

Anyway for what it's worth I think it should be a 50/50 starting point and any we can't sell are handed back. If Rangers are then given them to sell to their fans then so be it.

dannymack

Not quite getting why folk are not understanding the segregation policy of Hampden... IF we WERE to get a 50/50 split starting in the North Stand then that means if Hearts can't sell the allocation then they can't give the remaining unsold tickets to Rangers unless they don't give Hearts an allocation for the South Stand (main stand). 

It's down to the Hearts fans to make sure we DEMAND a 50/50 split and SELL OUT the 50/50 split otherwise we'll continue to get a 60/40 with the North Stand being occupied by Rangers. 

ToadKiller Dog

Of course we could sell out half of hampden,  if marketed and allocated correctly .

If the team secures third quickly and we keep winning .

If the sfa refuses us the chance to sell 50 % but say only offer an initial 15,000 that puts people off ,why bother trying if we are only getting 15,000 ,knowing we have a chance of 50% allows non st holders and those who might want to bring family who dont regularly go etc think they might have a chance of a ticket ,from that more likely to try  .

It's about the optics in sales speak .

RedStarRiot
19 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Every year, same debate. 

The starting point should be 50/50, if Hearts don't want that then fine, if we don't sell them, then Rangers get what's left.

It's not a debate,  any other opinions are just wrong. 

Tbh it’s good we get to debate this every year. Means we’ve at least got to Hampden 

Shooter McGavin

I'd always lean towards 50/50 split, and at least giving us the chance to sell the full allocation, and hand back any unsold seats to Rangers or Celtic.

It would be an embarrassing situation if we ever settled for a 60/40 split, and then we ended up having enough demand for the 50/50 split. Whether that's likely to happen or not is anyones guess.

The Scottish Cup carries more weight too, so I hope we take more this time round than we have in previous LC semi's against Rangers.

davemclaren
Just now, RedStarRiot said:

Tbh it’s good we get to debate this every year. Means we’ve at least got to Hampden 

👍

I find it hard to understand any Hearts supporter choosing not to go if they are able to afford it and be available on the day . I spend most of my time worrying about loyalty points or not having enough cash when it comes to these games :lol: 

1971fozzy

The fact it’s Rangers, at Hampden, and could be a Sunday will put a fair few off , which is their choice.

we should get the chance to sell 50/50 but It’s unlikely we would sell that v them

Shaggy2
28 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

I'd always lean towards 50/50 split, and at least giving us the chance to sell the full allocation, and hand back any unsold seats to Rangers or Celtic.

It would be an embarrassing situation if we ever settled for a 60/40 split, and then we ended up having enough demand for the 50/50 split. Whether that's likely to happen or not is anyones guess.

The Scottish Cup carries more weight too, so I hope we take more this time round than we have in previous LC semi's against Rangers.

Thing is, when debentures and freeloaders are taken care of it is almost a 60/40 split in favour of the Glasgow teams anyway. We’ve got to sell our 22,000 this time, assuming we get the chance. 

Jambo-Fox
56 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

How does that work with 15,000 season ticket holders? Theoretically (I know it won’t be the case) the first 11,000 to buy 2 tickets could potentially leave 4,000 ST holders ticketless. Not thought through. 👍

A lot of season ticket holders won’t buy any tickets. Allowing ST holders to buy two at the beginning means many will.
Letting them buy one ticket and then later in the process buy a second means many / most will not buy a second ticket because it would not be nearby to that originally purchased.

Everybody that wants a ticket will get one even if ST holders are allowed to buy two!

50 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I find it hard to understand any Hearts supporter choosing not to go if they are able to afford it and be available on the day . I spend most of my time worrying about loyalty points or not having enough cash when it comes to these games :lol: 

Totally agree. Cup semi? Nah, not for me 😂

2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Totally agree. Cup semi? Nah, not for me 😂

Ken , the achievement is just getting there . I shall watch it on the telly :lol: 

Jambo-Fox
41 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Supporters approach to semi-finals is interesting!

️ 1. Don’t go to the semi and your team wins.
       🥅 you’ve not lost anything and you have a final to look forward to attending

️ 2. Don’t go to the semi final and your team loses

🥅 you’re glad you never went but feel guilty because you being there supporting your team could have made a difference 

️ 3. Go to the semi final and your team wins

🥅 you’ve had a fantastic day, and claim it was your support that helped them win and that makes you proud and you look forward to attending the final

️ 4. Go to the semi final and your team loses

🥅 You feel awful and wish you

hadn't gone!  But you put on a brave face and say “there’s always next year!”

Clearly option 3 is preferable. But is option 4 the worst?

3 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

🥅 you’re glad you never went but feel guilty because you being there supporting your team could have made a difference 

🥅 you’ve had a fantastic day, and claim it was your support that helped them win and that makes you proud and you look forward to attending the final

Option 1 and 2 are the worst. All the pain and the disappointment and the sitting in the cold is for days like a cup semi. Choosing not to go is just weird.

Edit: I've got a bee in my bunnet in particular this year as I can't go 😂😭

Edited by Taffin

2 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

I hate missing national stadium games . I can take the disappointment , but I could never get over the risk of missing the spectacular 

periodictabledancer
1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

The fact it’s Rangers, at Hampden, and could be a Sunday will put a fair few off , which is their choice.

we should get the chance to sell 50/50 but It’s unlikely we would sell that v them

The only reason we sold out v The Hibs two years ago was because of a public sale. If we couldn't sell that out we have zero chance of doing it against The Rangers. 

A significant number of ST holders do not go to cup semis because they will get a ticket for any final anyway. It's nearly always been the case and IMO there will be loads more than usual not bothering because we are going to get battered. 

Shooter McGavin
19 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

I can get folk not really being arsed for the LC. Winter, cold, probably pishing down with rain, Christmas around the corner etc.

But April, Scottish Cup, better weather, heading through on a supporters bus, pre-match pints, always look forward to them myself. Football is usually the worst part mind you 😄

davemclaren

Semi Finals and Finals are not guaranteed every season. You never know when it's going to be your last one. 😀🥸

I can't make this semi. 😒

fabienleclerq

North stand for me is the best seats by a mile. 

The South Stand has the upper tier so you would likely end up with Huns above the Hearts players should be starting in the middle of the North and selling round the other way. It's a bowl stadium and not hard to segregate.

Hackney Hearts

This is the opportunity to say "I was there the first time Hearts beat Rangers at Hampden".

Worried about a defeat? Not sure why we'd sell more tickets for a semi against Airdrie (or Hibs!) when a defeat would be so much more unbearable. A defeat against Rangers can be put down to all the usual (legitimate) excuses about resources etc. Just enjoy the day out and pre-match bravado.

Of course we're underdogs - but no-one expected us to have back-to-back wins against Celtic. This isn't one of the great Rangers teams, and we're overdue a result in this fixture. So I'm going to be there in case this is when it happens.

PapaShango
13 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

This is the opportunity to say "I was there the first time Hearts beat Rangers at Hampden".

Worried about a defeat? Not sure why we'd sell more tickets for a semi against Airdrie (or Hibs!) when a defeat would be so much more unbearable. A defeat against Rangers can be put down to all the usual (legitimate) excuses about resources etc. Just enjoy the day out and pre-match bravado.

Of course we're underdogs - but no-one expected us to have back-to-back wins against Celtic. This isn't one of the great Rangers teams, and we're overdue a result in this fixture. So I'm going to be there in case this is when it happens.

Exactly 100% agree. Awful record against them at Hampden (and in general recently) but there is going to be a game that it changes so why not this year. They are a decent side but no means unbeatable. Just look what Motherwell did to them a couple of weeks back. If we play well, tactics are spot on we have a chance. I never felt like that approaching the semi final of the LC and we went down with a whimper in all honesty even though we were in the game until half time. Silly mistakes cost us that day but I'm more confident heading into this one for some reason. 

Harry Potter
2 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

Move the game to Murrayfield, then offer us 50% of the tickets.  I bet they would sell out easily.

Aye and thats going to happen, lol

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

And bevvy helps all 4 options.

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/blogs/news/scottish-cup-semi-final-details-announced?fbclid=IwAR2bJA88MDfqs7-VL7tHSE2sdiX-wZLi_seiiGXWNaqiybh-CiKKwPpsDSM

SCOTTISH CUP SEMI-FINAL DETAILS ANNOUNCED

14 March 2024

Heart of Midlothian is delighted to give the following update to supporters with regards to ticket allocations for the Scottish Gas Scottish Cup semi-final.

The Jambos will meet Rangers at Hampden on Sunday, 21st April at 3pm with the game being shown live on Viaplay.

Yesterday, the club put forward a proposal to secure an equal share of tickets, guaranteeing Hearts supporters the opportunity to purchase seats in Hampden’s North Stand. We had to make an extremely strong case for our argument, given the size of our opponents’ fanbase and historic semi-final ticket sales.

We are, therefore, extremely pleased to confirm that our proposition was accepted, and both Hearts and Rangers will be given an initial 21k allocation of tickets to sell to our respective supporters.

We would like to thank the Scottish FA for their assistance in this process.

This gives us the best opportunity to have Steven Naismith and our players walk out onto the Hampden pitch to a sea of maroon, spread out equally and fairly across the national stadium.

The door has now been opened for as many Hearts fans as possible to attend and, hopefully, have a special day out. One condition of this agreement is that the club covers the cost of any unsold tickets from our allocation so it is in all of our interests to sell out and give the team the level of backing that Hearts fans are famous for.

Ticket prices are as follows:

South Stand Lower Section I - Adults £40 / Over 65 / U-16 £20

South Stand Upper Section H - Adults £40 / Over 65 / U-16 £20

North Stand Section D - Adults £40 / Over 65 / U-16 £20

East Stand Sections F & G – Adults £30 / Over 65 / U-16 £15

North Stand Wheelchair Users - Adults £22 / Over 65 / U-16 £12

South Stand Wheelchair Users - Adults £17 / Over 65 / U-16 £10

East Stand Wheelchair Users - Adults £12 / Over 65 / U-16 £10

On sale dates, criteria and hospitality details will be announced in due course.

Edited by livi

RustyRightPeg

Worth our efforts.

Laughing at those on here that thought we wouldn't be able to.

• davemclaren changed the title to Scottish Cup Semi Final Ticket Thread - on sale Wed 27/3