Hibs reduce Rangers fans allocation??

Jambo-Fox

Deid Heid

Although they mention their own scummy support, really this just seems like massive deflection.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-68542255

Also if this comes down to strict liability and the member clubs voting on adopting that...can't ever see the grusome twosome ever, ever agreeing to that i.e take responsibility for their scumbag fans.

h1b5 of course are well aware of that fact, know they will never have to accept responsibility for their scumbag fans and come out of the whole thing smelling of roses, 'cause at least they tried. In the meantime we can all forget about their consistently appaling behaviour because of their 'crusade' fro accountability.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benny Klack

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• Hearts1975

jamboozy
2 hours ago, sirwalter said:

They're "at it" - big time. Context is everything - an exercise in deflection.

Completely, they are placating their peenging weans that call themselves hibs fans. It’s all a snow job.

In years…no months to come they will be claiming it as another 1st for their illustrious club.😏

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

It doesn't matter the reason...they ALWAYS make it about them and what they think they should get. It's their way.

the question was why is there a social media meltdown.

the reason is because hibs have directly attributed their behaviour to the cut in tickets.

we should follow suit. Becuase hibs fans are currently the worst / most dangerous  in the country.  

RustyRightPeg
18 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

the reason is because hibs have directly attributed their behaviour to the cut in tickets.

we should follow suit. Becuase hibs fans are currently the worst / most dangerous  in the country.  

I’m meaning the old firm fans by the way, not Hibs. Hibs fans on the whole seem to be backing the reductions 

Spitonastranger

On a side issue, it was great to be at the game last night with thousands of Jambos and no bother. No throwing things at Morton players, not invading the pitch etc. Well done HMFC 👍

i wish jj was my dad

Anybody cutting the OF allocation deserves credit in my book but the hypocrisy is off the scale. 

Victorian

They've been limiting their own fans numbers for years.  Now this.  Maybe they're just a bit shy.

redjambo

To be honest, when I first saw the headline in the media I thought that Hibs had grown a conscience and decided to reduce the numbers of their fans travelling to away games in Scotland due to their atrocious behaviour, as illustrated by their game against us. How much more naive could I have been? :D

Thunder and Lightning
5 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

This is why shit can't get sorted in this country. Clubs make positive decisions and other fans slag it off, just because.

We should give them credit for putting their fan safety before profit. It doesnt matter if their fans have misbehaved, eveyry club has fans thay do.

But Scottish football fans would rather die than credit another club in the same league. We need to look at the bigger picture and the greater good of the game up here.

Fan safety? 

Do you have stats to show how many people have been hurt by a song during a game? 😂 

Go for it 1308
16 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Fan safety? 

Do you have stats to show how many people have been hurt by a song during a game? 😂 

Yep , that was badly worded in their statement....'fan safety' ? 

A song can't hurt you ffs. 

What about 'players safety' from the idiots throwing dangerous objects? Bloody hypocrisy from hibs 

25 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Fan safety? 

Yes, all 9000 of them poor little puppies had their feelings hurt 😭 

must have been awful trying to eat their Haribo’s after that.

henrysmithsgloves

Just trying to be relevant because their season is over🧐

Lone Striker

The timing of this is interesting., coming just 10 days after an American investor got involved.    My guess is that he's driving this out of concern for the safety & well-being of his world-class superstars wearing the Bevvy jersey.   

Whats going to be even more interesting is how the SFA respond after inviting Hibs to "submit a paper".   Maybe a  bland "get-out-of-jail"  and "kick-the-can-down-the-road " response ?     

"We agree that  dangerous or sectarian fan mis-behaviour  is unacceptable,  so we will set up a "working group"  with the remit  of producing recommendations by 2035"

Job done.  Nice unexpected bonus in Doncaster payslip for that.

Daktari
1 hour ago, Go for it 1308 said:

What about 'players safety' from the idiots throwing dangerous objects? Bloody hypocrisy from hibs 

Their statement also references objects being thrown and pyrotechnics. 

Thunder and Lightning
1 hour ago, Go for it 1308 said:

Veemty true mate. 

1 hour ago, sac said:

Yes, all 9000 of them poor little puppies had their feelings hurt 😭 

must have been awful trying to eat their Haribo’s after that.

😂 

maltese jambo

Anything that cuts back on rangers or celtic I'm all for it

Wee Mikey
1 hour ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Fan safety? 

They've been greetin' about songs aimed at Boyle ... but ...

Spin back to the Tynie derby and Kent was getting pelted with objects whilst lying prone getting treatment.

No comparison.

Sticks & stones, etc.

Bazzas right boot

Is it just Rangers or both OF?

stevie1874
3 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Have to disagree about following suit as I can see with Hibs highlighting this the powers that be will become involved and try to appease Hibs but come up with some percentage rule for away fans which suits old firm. Hibs who are looking at losing money due to not filling empty seats will claim some sort of moral victory to their support. I’d rather we just kept to the we are looking after our own support line 👍

Let Hibs make an arse of themselves on their own. 

Fozzyonthefence
9 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Have to disagree about following suit as I can see with Hibs highlighting this the powers that be will become involved and try to appease Hibs but come up with some percentage rule for away fans which suits old firm. Hibs who are looking at losing money due to not filling empty seats will claim some sort of moral victory to their support. I’d rather we just kept to the we are looking after our own support line 👍

Let Hibs make an arse of themselves on their own. 

No chance they will bring in a minimum percentage as that would mean Rangers and Celtic would have to sell less season tickets.  Say it was 10%, that’s not much at the smaller grounds - 1,000 at St Johnstone and Livingston, even less at Ross County but that equates to 6,000 away fans at Celtic Park and 5,000 at Ibrox, not a chance they would agree to that (not that the demand for 5/6k would be there even for us unless we were challenging for the league). 

31 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Is it just Rangers or both OF?

Both, tic greetin as well

Go for it 1308
1 hour ago, Daktari said:

Their statement also references objects being thrown and pyrotechnics. 

So, in effect they're making a statement about their own fans then???

1971fozzy

As bad as some Hibs fans have been , I welcome their stance.

I’m sick of listening to the vile songs from both cheek and this could be a turning point. 
need more clubs to restrict them but money talks .

Hibs do need to sort out their own idiots though

Deevers
Just now, 1971fozzy said:

I’m sick of listening to the vile songs from both cheek and this could be a turning point. 

They need to have a good look at their own. The song about Wallace Mercer is vile. Pure hypocrisy from them. Ive

no problem with their stance on the Old Firm but for Gods sake they need to muck out their own shit pit.

stevie1874
10 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

No chance they will bring in a minimum percentage as that would mean Rangers and Celtic would have to sell less season tickets.  Say it was 10%, that’s not much at the smaller grounds - 1,000 at St Johnstone and Livingston, even less at Ross County but that equates to 6,000 away fans at Celtic Park and 5,000 at Ibrox, not a chance they would agree to that (not that the demand for 5/6k would be there even for us unless we were challenging for the league). 

Twitter full of them advocating minimum percentage for stadiums under 20000. Utter entitlement of that lot on both sides knows no bounds. 

Daktari
13 minutes ago, Go for it 1308 said:

So, in effect they're making a statement about their own fans then???

They're being cute with the language, but effectively yes they are. They had to make reference to their crowd in some way to dampen the 'whataboutery' if they are really serious about this on a much bigger scale. In a way, the comment Ann Budge made the other night was just as clever and for the same purpose. She mentioned some items that were thrown from the Hearts end at a corner. It was on TV and unambiguous, it would be silly to dent it or ignore it. No, it wasn't nearly on the same scale or seriousness as the Hibs crowd, but at a stroke she took out anybody who would try to take the moral high ground. It's not all about going straight into the attack; pick your battles and fight them on your terms  and use a negative as a positive sometimes.

What Hibs have also one done though is put themselves squarely behind the eight ball by saying that they have been 'taking action' to tackle these things, and saying it in the most high profile and visible way possible. They now need to walk the talk in terms of what their own supporters did last Wednesday as well and show clear evidence of that if they want this grand challenge to be anything more than a gesture. Their fans certainly seem to be up for taking on the establishment at the moment at least so in the short term there's no hiding place. 

While it's easy to point the finger at Hibs for hypocrisy, the more measured response is to draw a line and say that every club has problems to a greater or lesser extent and two in particular have a serious issue with religion.  When all's said and done the old adage 'a rising tide lifts all ships' might be true. Wherever they start from, however bad or good the support base, every club has to have a look at itself and decide what they are going to do individually and collectively. Maybe we'll all be better off. Best case scenario? Scottish clubs start to clean up, Rangers and Celtic take the huff and flounce off to the English lower leagues. Can you imagine how good all that would be?. 

been here before

Is there any reason that we cant do what a few teams have done against us in recent seasons and sell the Hibs allocation, whatever it may be, directly to the Hibs fans themselves.

That way we have the name and address of each and every individual at the game and their seat number.

I do realise Hibs already have that on their ticket database, but selling directly to Hubs fans with a notice that they are 100% responsible for what goes on in their seat and that action can and will be taken should anything occur.

Benny Klack
58 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Agree with this - high time a light was shone on sectarian sh1te

Spellczech
1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

Yep that is my view too. If the OF will only pay lip service to sectarianism and insist that there is no problem within their stadiums then it is up to the rest of Scottish football to say "well there is a problem when they come to our stadium" and ban them...

What will the club and police do about those who get into the Hibs end because they cannot sell their own tickets though?

1971fozzy
2 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

What will the club and police do about those who get into the Hibs end because they cannot sell their own tickets though?

it will be very interesting to see how hibs handle that aspect. They have no loyalty point scheme as far as I’m aware so how on earth will they police it ? 
old firm fans as we know too well will do anything to get into grounds. They’ve done the right thing but I can see a bit of a challenge to lock them out.

1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

The tide does seem to be turning. St Mirren have restricted their allocations and thats from a few years back having a literal Celtic shop in their stadium, so there is scope for more clubs to do this. Did Killie not do something too, or am I making that up? 

been here before
1 minute ago, OTT said:

The tide does seem to be turning. St Mirren have restricted their allocations and thats from a few years back having a literal Celtic shop in their stadium, so there is scope for more clubs to do this. Did Killie not do something too, or am I making that up? 

Killie used to give them both ends behind the goals. Might have changed these days though.

1971fozzy
15 minutes ago, OTT said:

not sure tbh but they did used to give them a couple of stands.

Livingston give them 3 I’m sure but that’ll hopefully end when they go down.

We need more clubs to do the right thing like us and give them the absolute minimum.  As much as I can’t stand hibs , it’s the right thing to do

34 minutes ago, been here before said:

Is there any reason that we cant do what a few teams have done against us in recent seasons and sell the Hibs allocation, whatever it may be, directly to the Hibs fans themselves.

That way we have the name and address of each and every individual at the game and their seat number.

I do realise Hibs already have that on their ticket database, but selling directly to Hubs fans with a notice that they are 100% responsible for what goes on in their seat and that action can and will be taken should anything occur.

It would be an improvement on what they do. Until the knife-led penalty incident the other week, I had no idea they didn’t use loyalty points or sell to ST holders first and just make it a free for all. 

On their announcement, they can do what they want in their own stadium and I’m all for cutting the OF allocations but they’ve got some ****ing brass neck on them. And yes, I read their statement but to say they’ve glossed over their own fans behaviour is the understatement of the millennium. 

Cameronstheman

Hibs have had serious problems with there own fans especially at Hearts and more so at home for yrs and done next to  nothing about, in fact  ignored it when they could .

Hibs fans  at Tynie recently were an utter disgrace throughout the match , yet again and i don't remember an outcry from ER and i cant remember when they have 

Now acting the injured party after a  messy Cup  exit , they are now addressing away support and grudgingly accepting they have a few minor issues with there own

The hypocrisy  is jaw dropping  and should not be ignored, its that bad, plenty  wanted to withdraw from the SC, you could not make it up

Great to see them cutting the OF's allocation, but lets see what pans out with there own support at home and away , I predict nothing 

24 minutes ago, been here before said:

Killie used to give them both ends behind the goals. Might have changed these days though.

They only give 1 stand to the OF now

Go for it 1308
53 minutes ago, Daktari said:

They're being cute with the language, but effectively yes they are. They had to make reference to their crowd in some way to dampen the 'whataboutery' if they are really serious about this on a much bigger scale. In a way, the comment Ann Budge made the other night was just as clever and for the same purpose. She mentioned some items that were thrown from the Hearts end at a corner. It was on TV and unambiguous, it would be silly to dent it or ignore it. No, it wasn't nearly on the same scale or seriousness as the Hibs crowd, but at a stroke she took out anybody who would try to take the moral high ground. It's not all about going straight into the attack; pick your battles and fight them on your terms  and use a negative as a positive sometimes.

What Hibs have also one done though is put themselves squarely behind the eight ball by saying that they have been 'taking action' to tackle these things, and saying it in the most high profile and visible way possible. They now need to walk the talk in terms of what their own supporters did last Wednesday as well and show clear evidence of that if they want this grand challenge to be anything more than a gesture. Their fans certainly seem to be up for taking on the establishment at the moment at least so in the short term there's no hiding place. 

While it's easy to point the finger at Hibs for hypocrisy, the more measured response is to draw a line and say that every club has problems to a greater or lesser extent and two in particular have a serious issue with religion.  When all's said and done the old adage 'a rising tide lifts all ships' might be true. Wherever they start from, however bad or good the support base, every club has to have a look at itself and decide what they are going to do individually and collectively. Maybe we'll all be better off. Best case scenario? Scottish clubs start to clean up, Rangers and Celtic take the huff and flounce off to the English lower leagues. Can you imagine how good all that would be?. 

Fair play mate. Brilliant post 👍

They have idiots on their thread trying to say it is the fault of our stadium being too close to the pitch . You know , our category four UEFA stadium ………. that one 

1971fozzy
5 minutes ago, Cameronstheman said:

Hibs have had serious problems with there own fans especially at Hearts and more so at home for yrs and done next to  nothing about, in fact  ignored it when they could .

Hibs fans  at Tynie recently were an utter disgrace throughout the match , yet again and i don't remember an outcry from ER and i cant remember when they have 

Now acting the injured party after a  messy Cup  exit , they are now addressing away support and grudgingly accepting they have a few minor issues with there own

The hypocrisy  is jaw dropping  and should not be ignored, its that bad, plenty  wanted to withdraw from the SC, you could not make it up

Great to see them cutting the OF's allocation, but lets see what pans out with there own support at home and away , I predict nothing 

great post and bang on the money . I agree with everything here

1971fozzy
3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

They have idiots on their thread trying to say it is the fault of our stadium being too close to the pitch . You know , our category four UEFA stadium ………. that one 

easy solution to what they claim is the problem. Give them the top half of the end section. 400 or so tickets. The shortfall in sales we should expect just gets added on to these 400 tickets.

they will not be near the pitch and their tickets will cost £50-60

They have assaulted our keeper, chucked keys, vapes, Wine corkscrew openers and coins and the rest so can’t be trusted. Add in their mercer songs and they should be penned in with nets or plastic screens as far as I’m concerned

Edited by 1971fozzy

Daktari
2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

They have idiots on their thread trying to say it is the fault of our stadium being too close to the pitch .

The very definition of victim blaming. 

Mikey1874
22 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

not sure tbh but they did used to give them a couple of stands.

Livingston give them 3 I’m sure but that’ll hopefully end when they go down.

We need more clubs to do the right thing like us and give them the absolute minimum.  As much as I can’t stand hibs , it’s the right thing to do

Kilmarnock just give the one stand now.

Wee Mikey
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Nothing will change.

Yes it will.

Berlin Wall ... etc., etc.

Appartheid ... etc., etc.

Empires through the ages.

Change happens ...

Go for it 1308
1 hour ago, Benny Klack said:

Agree with this - high time a light was shone on sectarian sh1te

This

20 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

easy solution to what they claim is the problem. Give them the top half of the end section. 400 or so tickets. The shortfall in sales we should expect just gets added on to these 400 tickets.

they will not be near the pitch and their tickets will cost £50-60

They have assaulted our keeper, chucked keys, vapes, Wine corkscrew openers and coins and the rest so can’t be trusted. Add in their mercer songs and they should be penned in with nets or plastic screens as far as I’m concerned

They want the first few rows left empty in the home ends too . Desperate stuff really . They are very jealous of our stadium . It is recognised by fans of pretty much every other club in the country as the best stadium , and it is the only football stadium outside of Glasgow to be a category 4 rated venue ………… but no apparently Hibs fans being unable to behave themselves means it is not fit for purpose :lol: 

20 minutes ago, Daktari said:

The very definition of victim blaming. 

Indeed 

Wee Mikey

Why we didn't act following Zlamal getting Punched?

Why we didn't act following Clark getting a bloody head?

OK, a wee nyaff got done for the Clark incident ....

But ... come OAN!!!

Now it's a blade thrown at our top player that he had to dodge!!!!

The line has been crossed.

https://news.stv.tv/east-central/teenager-arrested-after-hearts-goalkeeper-struck-by-objects-during-edinburgh-derby

Screenshot_20240312_235005_Chrome.jpg

queensferryjambo
On 11/03/2024 at 23:09, Pans Jambo said:

Are Hearts fans upset that rangers allocation at Easter Road is getting cut? 
I welcome it. Hibs fans are arseholes

as well but the poison that both the Glasgow mobs bring needs action. Scotlands shame. 

Rangers fans pissed off and don't get tickets.

Hibs lose ticket money revenue (and their home attendance vs Rangers drops to 45,000 ;)).

Win Win 

Ricardo Quaresma
6 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Yep that is my view too. If the OF will only pay lip service to sectarianism and insist that there is no problem within their stadiums then it is up to the rest of Scottish football to say "well there is a problem when they come to our stadium" and ban them...

Aha, maybe that's their duplicitous plan, sell the home end tickets to the OF and they'll solve the problem of hibbys dressed as seats

14 hours ago, B4 Part B said:

Agree with these posts.

Anything to disrupt and reduce sectarianism from football is welcome. But the remaining behaviours they mention are as prevalent in their support as any other in the country.

I read the statement.

It would've carried more weight for me if the acknowledgement of their own fans behaviour didn't say 'this season'. It's been going on for years. They didn't need to put any time stamp on that part of the statement. It also could've carried a couple of examples of incidents they've banned fans for or perhaps mention total bans they've handed out in the last 5 years. Their behaviour is very much glossed over in the statement which lessens it's impact.

It also would've carried more weight if it didn't come the day after getting papped out the cup. Statements like this in the heat of the moment aren't usually a good idea, remember they came out with some nonsense after the Derby where Lee Johnson jabbed at Naisy? Comes across a bit bitter.

There was also the line "implores other clubs to act in a similar fashion", sounds like finger pointing. As does "Following fan behaviour and chanting from opposing teams this season".

I agree with Boag, I'm 50/50. Leaving the sectarian nonsense I mentioned earlier to the side. The OF get a huge advantage by having 3k bouncing behind the goals, anything to take away some of the advantage they have over the rest of us is welcome. I don't want Hibs to have an advantage though, and I don't believe they're tackling their own issues, I believe this is cos they've taken another defeat badly, their fans have taken it badly, so this is to make them feel better.

They're at it

14 hours ago, Dazo said:

Why would I want to read it again ? I pissed myself reading it the first time, I don’t fancy going through that again. 

the only deflection is coming from hibs, yourself and the other hibs sympathiser. I’ll ask again, what have hibs actually done to sort out their own fans ? This is nothing more than deflection after getting pumped out the cup. 

'Away fans said hurty words'

14 hours ago, sirwalter said:

They're "at it" - big time. Context is everything - an exercise in deflection.

They're all at it at that club, I see the diver's now a skiver again, who'd have thunk it?

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma

Benny Klack
1 hour ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Aha, maybe that's their duplicitous plan, sell the home end tickets to the OF and they'll solve the problem of hibbys dressed as seats

They're at it

'Away fans said hurty words'

They're all at it at that club, I see the diver's now a skiver again, who'd have thunk it?

-

Why are you so against a club taking a stance on sectarianism, regardless of it being “deflection” or not?

Surely it’s a good thing?

(People are allowed to be appalled by both sectarianism and throwing stuff on the pitch, it’s not a choice between the two).

A section of Hearts fans on here very keen to play down OF bigotry - strange.